DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
seems to me people who embellish their life & their resumes... normally have pretty unsavory characters... often seen in narcissistic personalities. There is an entire litany of strange personality disorders often attributed to this pathological dishonesty. While I am not in my mind certain he realized the SS family would be killed so brutally, my feelings he was complicit in the crime by offering knowledge. Thinking all of the time he would be able to show *hands clean* while later spending the $$ to finance his dreams!! The package of $$ he simply may have thieved a bit by skimming some off or possibly had *earned* out of the package dropoff from parlaying his inside knowledge to the crime ring. My guess there is an entire unsavory thieving ring attached to this entire mess.

So my guess a very large fencing group was involved....So not only to obtain the $40,000 or more Cash that they were able to obtain, but there would have been some other thieving done that eve & in the next day...etc...(& the person dropping off the cash may have also unlocked the safe) but who knows...Thieving rings would have to have large tentacles in every direction so that they can fence a huge amount of items quickly...-- car parts...jewelry, High end items go first to dealers of antiques who love to buy cheap antiques under the table giving cash...not questioning their origin.... the smalls go often to flea markets w a quick in/&out sell for a day & then gone. Often at fleas you see huge trucks like the one they were found driving..opening up the backs & just selling amazing things..simply unloading loads of *suspicious* antiques that are so high quality being sold for much less than their worth. The antiques just do not quite match the appearance of the unsavory people selling. they have many in NC.... which IMO appears to be a great place for fencing goods. People in the south love their fancy Victorian antiques

So, I have no idea if this is actually relevant to this case or not, but DC police are holding a 3:15pm conference on "recent closure in major case."

https://twitter.com/TeamMuriel/status/618840122377699328

https://twitter.com/fox5newsdc/status/618847729075232768

I sure hope so. Would be best case scenario if it's DW--one and done. But is it possible that the case is closed since there hasn't been a trial for DW? Innocent until proven guilty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope so. Would be best case scenario if it's DW--one and done. But is it possible that the case is closed since there hasn't been a trial for DW? Innocent until proven guilty?

That thought crossed my mind as well, but I can't tell if they actually mean the case is closed, or something different. The "closure in major case" phrasing (rather than closure OF a major case) made me curious if it's just a development or something. IDK... sorry in advance if it is 100% irrelevant to this, which is probably is! Just posting here on the off chance it is!

That thought crossed my mind as well, but I can't tell if they actually mean the case is closed, or something different. The "closure in major case" phrasing (rather than closure OF a major case) made me curious if it's just a development or something. IDK... sorry in advance if it is 100% irrelevant to this, which is probably is! Just posting here on the off chance it is!

Alright, sorry... false alarm. An arrest in another DC case.

[video=twitter;618851705388707840]https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/618851705388707840[/video]

Lest I get slammed again for "always defending JW"- which is a gross generalization, some people assume that JW, like the POTUS, operate in a vacuum. When I post, some of my comments are absolutely in support of JW, but most often I am rebutting some pretty outlandish speculation and it doesn't matter who it's about. It just happens that some come up with some pretty bizarre comments not based on anything but imagination, lol!

If the high school racing is not a legal or sanctioned entity, why would a lowly employee be blamed for this? That would be assuming Autobahn isn't professional, doesn't have legal advice, gives way too much autonomy to a single person. To set up the high school racing teams and races took a lot of work and coordination. Did a single person do that? If so, that's impressive and admirable, especially in the light that some people paint him.

The powers that be had no say in it? Nobody did their due diligence?
Would the legal advisors of Autobahn not have had input in something this important?
How about Autobahn's insurance providers? I'll bet they'd have something to say.
Why does the referenced website continue to have those pages available to the public if it was such a liability as some say?
Why is there no negative news, no expose, no public outrage or news about this alleged crime?

I am not defending any single person, but the idea that this wasn't a completely legal deal is to be explored and thought about with common sense.

Maybe JW had complete control over everything high school racing and there was no oversight whatsoever and it was discovered to be a major problem, so he was fired. I don't know. Do you? Research it. Maybe there's a story that needs to be told; could be juicy. Could be a story with two sides.

That's a good point. Seems like he probably couldn't be making this happen without the knowledge and approval of his superiors. Unless he had no oversight. The managers are ultimately accountable. It could be that they felt talked into an idea that didn't pan out well or put them in a bad position for some reason, but it's still their responsibility.

---------------------------------------
To my stalker, I say "grow up", or at least eat a Snickers and take a nap.
In any order.

In many cases the formula 8 weeks + no one in jail = no one identified does not hold. :moo::moo:

I thought I made a mistake in my life once but I was wrong. :) There very well maybe an extended player.

I agree. This was not official. Who knows if someone from the school board approached Autobahn upset about JW's claims. I'm sure if it were official the schools would want ALL students to be given the opportunity so that it would be fair. I have worked with enough entities to know that you don't just go talking to the press, or using logos without getting official approval. JW strikes me as someone who doesn't follow the process.

IMO it's as bogus as Dr. Feelgood's weight-loss elixir. "Drink this stuff and you will lose up to ten pounds a week. Call within the next 24 hours and receive two bottles for the low price of $39.95. Our operators are standing by to take your calls."

I agree. This was not official. Who knows if someone from the school board approached Autobahn upset about JW's claims. I'm sure if it were official the schools would want ALL students to be given the opportunity so that it would be fair. I have worked with enough entities to know that you don't just go talking to the press, or using logos without getting official approval. JW strikes me as someone who doesn't follow the process.

I don't know about MD but my state does have outside-of-school associations that do sponsor leagues for soccer, baseball, softball, hockey and the kids try out for the teams.
So, a team might have kids all from the same school but their parents pay fees so the kid can participate. It isn't free.

JMO

Alright, sorry... false alarm. An arrest in another DC case.

[video=twitter;618851705388707840]https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/618851705388707840[/video]

I was thinking it might be an arrest in the case of the bodies found floating in the Tidal basin. Yes, the Capitol City is a wonderful
place.

JMO but he's aspiring to be a racer not an editor. I guess I don't see anything wrong here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It totally depends on his audience. If it is a parent or kid who might be interested, they won't care how illiterate it might sound.

But if it is a sports editor--who is a professional, trained to filter out sales pitches pretending to be news--it will be tossed immediately.

Media relations is a profession that requires advanced education and training in an internship. Just as "chef" is a profession and "cook" is a job.

JMO

It totally depends on his audience. If it is a parent or kid who might be interested, they won't care how illiterate it might sound.

But if it is a sports editor--who is a professional, trained to filter out sales pitches pretending to be news--it will be tossed immediately.

Media relations is a profession that requires advanced education and training in an internship. Just as "chef" is a profession and "cook" is a job.

JMO

If you want to be a great organization everything about your business should be done properly. Read "Good to Great". I don't think Autobahn was exactly to the level of Zappos, Ritz-Carlton, Apple or Amazon, and clearly JW was not a true professional.

Guys, I have been to the autobahn with my kids. Not what you all are surmising. It's a really fun place for entertainment and a fast ride "kid style." Just trying to bring some normalcy to the context.

I only looked at four of the schools (the private schools) listed and not one of them mention go karting in the Athletics tab on the website. I would assume this is a club sport. But....

I wonder if this is something Autobahn approached the schools with, or if this is something Autobahn approached kids who play at the track with and said something like "would you like to race against other kids your age."... I wonder if there really is a tie in with the schools per se or this just happens to be a couple of high school kids racing at a private track on their own time and "teams" were created based on where you went to school....
ETA:... What I am getting at is did the schools even know this was being done under the guise of a school team? If not, that says a lot to me about JW and Autobahn.
sbm bbm

Agreeing: some or all of the schools - at board level or approp. level - were unaware of existence of these teams.
For this post, I'm azz-uming h/s team competition was not sanctioned by schools or what-ev entity would sanction them, hence 'faux-varsity.'

Skimming thru http://www.autobahnspeed.com/index-baltimore.php I saw no ref to h/s racing team competition. Might have missed, if anyone sees ref's on Autobahn to h/s teams, pls post. Ditto pix (such as trophy pix at podium) of teams. Suggests imo - possibility only - that corp management was not aware of existence of these teams & competition. Could be someone down the Autobahn ladder but just above JW gave the idea his blessing but admonished JW to keep it on the QT, maybe quite explicitly: 'JW, it's easier to seek forgiveness afterward than to secure permission beforehand.' A practice I heard many times during my yrs in the corporate/home office world. Personally not convinced that top mngmt, legal advisors, et al were aware.
In looking at MD kart racing site (sorry, forgot link), took me a while to see why someone here posted - JW wrote copy.
Finally noticed his initials w weekly standings articles.

Who learned of faux-varsity competition and did that lead to JW's departure from Autobahn? What did they do?
- One of the school boards, which contacted Autobahn............................................................saying WTH!?!
- One of the parents, who contacted school, which contacted Autobahn .................................... saying WTH!?!
- The entity which sanctions varsity competition, which contacted Autobahn and/or schools ....... saying WTH!?!
- someone else, who contacted school or Autobahn ............................................................... saying WTH!?!
- Autobahn mngmt, who contacted employees down the ranks ................................................ saying WTH!?!

Was one of the racers injured? Received med treatment?

W official varsity sports, does ea player normally pay fee to participate? Fee is paid to whom? School? Or, ex:
Springfield High School football varsity team? MD football varsity assn?
If these kart racer fees for faux-varsity had bn paid to Autobahn, even to segregated Autobahn a/c, responsibility seems lands at Autobahn's door for existence of team competition.

Someone (AmazonianAbroad?) commented ~$400+ fee for ea racer as rather low, perhaps not covering Autobahn costs.
<--- Agreeing, but seems individual racers on these teams would also be urged or pressured, to spend more time and $ in practice at Autobahn. Team racer fees combined w individual practice time fees could be profitable for Autobahn, azz-uming mngmt actually did the math because they were aware of faux varsity.

Never had any involvement w h/s varsity or club sports. ^ pure speculation, nothing more. JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Guys, I have been to the autobahn with my kids. Not what you all are surmising. It's a really fun place for entertainment and a fast ride "kid style." Just trying to bring some normalcy to the context.

So glad to know, thank you! I've been really looking and enjoying the site, it looks like a lot fun to me and I'm an old*ish lady :D Happy to see I can even fit in those cars, lol!

I read that there's a 6' 9" tall guy who squeezes himself into the cars and has as much fun as his son he brings. I also didn't realize that those cars are electric and that the noise is added :D fun!

Thank you for your observations, observation!

JMO

Again, his craft isn't "media relations", it's racing. He wasn't writing a thesis.....he was blogging. Think of Mike Tyson. The guy can't put two words together......but he's a "boxer", not a public speaker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO it's as bogus as Dr. Feelgood's weight-loss elixir. "Drink this stuff and you will lose up to ten pounds a week. Call within the next 24 hours and receive two bottles for the low price of $39.95. Our operators are standing by to take your calls."
bbm

Densest poster ( :thinking:LOL) today reporting for duty to ask - who or what is "it"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1