DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beside the fact, that I think it would be difficult for one person to contain four people, for that many hours (added that SS had 20 yrs. martial arts experience), two other clues lead me to believe that DW did not act alone. He ordered two pizzas (two different kinds). It doesn't seem reasonable that he would order one for the family and VF. And, back to the subject of the green vests. Why would one perp need more than one vest? I know it's possible the vests were property of the S family, but it seems like I recall, somewhere in these threads, someone stating that NG has said that she had not seen them before, at the house. I realize these issues have more than likely been thoroughly discussed and exhausted, but they keep nagging at me. Also, I have a question, that is probably a silly question: In DC, can you call up to county jail, and inquire if a certain person is being held and what their charges are? I'm asking, because in the county I live in, you are able to do that. Granted, I live in the Midwest, in a relatively small county, Lol.

Hmm...WS not letting me quote anyone for a few posts now.

This is to: mk4osu

Excellent post, thank you!

:welcome: ----- :welcome4: ----- :welcome6:

I was having that problem until I downloaded the latest copy of Adobe. It seems to have improved.

JMO but he's aspiring to be a racer not an editor. I guess I don't see anything wrong here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm kind of with you. It's certainly not professional writing (and I do guess that he must have sold himself as qualified in communications to get the job), but this is a high school racing site, not WaPo. He clearly didn't have the luxury of a proofreader and he is not so great at the technicalities of writing, but the spirit seems good. I wonder why his girlfriend couldn't have helped him. Or maybe she did and this was their concerted effort?

Beside the fact, that I think it would be difficult for one person to contain four people, for that many hours (added that SS had 20 yrs. martial arts experience), two other clues lead me to believe that DW did not act alone. He ordered two pizzas (two different kinds). It doesn't seem reasonable that he would order one for the family and VF. And, back to the subject of the green vests. Why would one perp need more than one vest? I know it's possible the vests were property of the S family, but it seems like I recall, somewhere in these threads, someone stating that NG has said that she had not seen them before, at the house. I realize these issues have more than likely been thoroughly discussed and exhausted, but they keep nagging at me. Also, I have a question, that is probably a silly question: In DC, can you call up to county jail, and inquire if a certain person is being held and what their charges are? I'm asking, because in the county I live in, you are able to do that. Granted, I live in the Midwest, in a relatively small county, Lol.

Go Buckeyes! Welcome.

The vests are niggling, aren't they?

About the pizza, my own thinking is that the SSs were bright, composed, informed, and tried using all of their "how to win friends and influence people" tools to keep things as reasonable as possible. Getting food into your tormentor, breaking bread, humanizing everyone present, cutting into the situation's terror with a moment's normalcy for their child's sake, those all would be accomplished with pizza. And who doesn't like pizza? It's like not liking puppies. You'd have to be a mass murdering psycho to turn it down, right?

I am inclined to believe early on there was more calm and cooperation. Based on nothing, I don't think the real torture and violence began until the next morning.

I consider this relevant because his job title at the track suggests that he had responsibility for written communications on behalf of Autobahn. This discussion of his writing is not bashing him for sport. His writing is a sign that he is ill-suited for many or most positions in keeping with his own high-status self image.

I have to agree. However, it might have been difficult for Autobahn, on a small budget, to hire someone who totally "gets" racing and is also a wordsmith. They might have landed on the former. (I have a feeling, though, that, he led them to believe he was both--and more.)

I like it; the writing and feel of it. It's positive, enthusiastic and supportive. :) I could hear it in my mind of a commentator describing the race. Maybe another career for him like footballers, etc.

It's a fun thing, for the racers to see the race results and their names and photos on the site.

I wonder if Autobahn will continue the high school league now that they fired JW. I believe he started the league.

ETA: Setting up a high school league has long been a dream for Jordan Wallace, the 27-year-old competition director at Autobahn. The league costs $240 per racer.

"This has been one of my dreams since I was in high school," Wallace said. "I've raced all over the country. I've been racing for about 10 years, and I've never seen anything like this."

http://www.pressboxonline.com/2015/02/12/karting-a-new-alternative-for-high-school-students

Thank you, for the welcome! I'm actually an Oklahoma State Cowboys fan, Lol... Go Pokes!!! Btw, I agree with your post, especially concerning Thursday morning.
Go Buckeyes! Welcome.

About the pizza, my own thinking is that the SSs were bright, composed, informed, and tried using all of their "how to win friends and influence people" tools to keep things as reasonable as possible. Getting food into your tormentor, breaking bread, humanizing everyone present, cutting into the situation's terror with a moment's normalcy for their child's sake, those all would be accomplished with pizza. And who doesn't like pizza? It's like not liking puppies. You'd have to be a mass murdering psycho to turn it down, right?

I am inclined to believe early on there was more calm and cooperation. Based on nothing, I don't think the real torture and violence began until the next morning.

I wonder if Autobahn will continue the high school league now that they fired JW. I believe he started the league.

ETA: Setting up a high school league has long been a dream for Jordan Wallace, the 27-year-old competition director at Autobahn. The league costs $240 per racer.

"This has been one of my dreams since I was in high school," Wallace said. "I've raced all over the country. I've been racing for about 10 years, and I've never seen anything like this."

http://www.pressboxonline.com/2015/02/12/karting-a-new-alternative-for-high-school-students
I wonder what those margins are like, as compared to regular track time. The trophies, banners, prize, make it seem that there's higher overhead in real cash outlays than there'd be with the usual customer base. If they ran outside regular customer hours, I suppose it wouldn't also have opportunity costs.

I'm guessing it was a club sport and not an actual varsity sport at the schools.

ETA Interesting that Monumental picked that up. That's Leonosis' operation, another Greek guy in DC, who also does major business at Verizon Center.

I wonder what those margins are like, as compared to regular track time. The trophies, banners, prize, make it seem that there's higher overhead in real cash outlays than there'd be with the usual customer base. If they ran outside regular customer hours, I suppose it wouldn't also have opportunity costs.

I'm guessing it was a club sport and not an actual varsity sport at the schools.

ETA Interesting that Monumental picked that up. That's Leonosis' operation, another Greek guy in DC, who also does major business at Verizon Center.

It's called Varsity racing, but I don't know if that's just the name or if the schools consider it a varsity sport. Here's a link, thanks to Skigirl http://www.mdvarsitykarting.com/

It's called Varsity racing, but I don't know if that's just the name or if the schools consider it a varsity sport. Here's a link, thanks to Skigirl http://www.mdvarsitykarting.com/

I only looked at four of the schools (the private schools) listed and not one of them mention go karting in the Athletics tab on the website. I would assume this is a club sport. But....

I wonder if this is something Autobahn approached the schools with, or if this is something Autobahn approached kids who play at the track with and said something like "would you like to race against other kids your age." I was sort of surprised to not see it mentioned on half the school websites so I wonder if there really is a tie in with the schools per se or this just happens to be a couple of high school kids racing at a private track on their own time and "teams" were created based on where you went to school.

Who knows.

ETA: haven't had coffee yet, so mind not functioning properly. What I am getting at is did the schools even know this was being done under the guise of a school team? If not, that says a lot to me about JW and Autobahn.

BBM: Domino's usually always runs a 2 pizza special. They keep your previous orders on file. A lot of times when I call to order pizza, the person on the phone asks if I would like to place the same order as previously. Whether it was AS or a DW accomplice on the phone, it would be easy and simple under these circumstances to just say yes. Perhaps this particular order was one that the SS household would normally place.

BBM: You can't go by what NG says. She was not as close to the family as she portrays, IMO. She didn't even know that there was a dojo being built until the week before the murders. Plus, she contradicts herself all the time. I don't have a link but I've read that the vests in the garage were used at the go-kart track. I read that here but just can't remember any more details. Maybe DW did wear one out of the house so as to blend in better or maybe he came to the house with such a vest already. IDK. I would think his clothing would have been bloody and I wonder if he changed into something belonging to SS before leaving the house. Perhaps his own bloody clothes were in the bucket and he didn't want to take a chance by leaving them in the burning Porsche.

I only looked at four of the schools (the private schools) listed and not one of them mention go karting in the Athletics tab on the website. I would assume this is a club sport. But....

I wonder if this is something Autobahn approached the schools with, or if this is something Autobahn approached kids who play at the track with and said something like "would you like to race against other kids your age." I was sort of surprised to not see it mentioned on half the school websites so I wonder if there really is a tie in with the schools per se or this just happens to be a couple of high school kids racing at a private track on their own time and "teams" were created based on where you went to school.

Who knows.

ETA: haven't had coffee yet, so mind not functioning properly. What I am getting at is did the schools even know this was being done under the guise of a school team? If not, that says a lot to me about JW and Autobahn.

Sorry to quote myself and I still haven't had coffee but I'm reading where JW posts that the winning team's school is the first ever to win a racing State Championship? Seriously? Is this even a real thing? The MD State High School Athletics office or committee or whatever it is sanctioned this? Sports are so highly regulated at the high school level you can't just go and assert you are something you are not. This is really showing me that JW does what he wants without really thinking through the consequences. A real loose cannon.

I wonder if any of these schools are aware that this was going on. Maybe they were but I have serious doubts.

Go Buckeyes! Welcome.

Supposedly DW doesn't :)

Disappointing as it may be, I don't think LE has identified anyone else in the murders of the SS family and VF. Had they been identified they would be in jail at this time. That doesn't mean there wasn't more than one but if so, they don't know who. There still maybe unidentified DNA or other forensic evidence but I think an identified perp would be in jail.

Other charges may come from a grand jury for other crimes but until then, we wait.

JMO MOO

Disappointing as it may be, I don't think LE has identified anyone else in the murders of the SS family and VF. Had they been identified they would be in jail at this time. That doesn't mean there wasn't more than one but if so, they don't know who. There still maybe unidentified DNA or other forensic evidence but I think an identified perp would be in jail.

Other charges may come from a grand jury for other crimes but until then, we wait.

JMO MOO

In many cases the formula 8 weeks + no one in jail = no one identified does not hold. :moo::moo:

Sorry to quote myself and I still haven't had coffee but I'm reading where JW posts that the winning team's school is the first ever to win a racing State Championship? Seriously? Is this even a real thing? The MD State High School Athletics office or committee or whatever it is sanctioned this? Sports are so highly regulated at the high school level you can't just go and assert you are something you are not. This is really showing me that JW does what he wants without really thinking through the consequences. A real loose cannon.

I wonder if any of these schools are aware that this was going on. Maybe they were but I have serious doubts.

I agree. This was not official. Who knows if someone from the school board approached Autobahn upset about JW's claims. I'm sure if it were official the schools would want ALL students to be given the opportunity so that it would be fair. I have worked with enough entities to know that you don't just go talking to the press, or using logos without getting official approval. JW strikes me as someone who doesn't follow the process.

Lest I get slammed again for "always defending JW"- which is a gross generalization, some people assume that JW, like the POTUS, operate in a vacuum. When I post, some of my comments are absolutely in support of JW, but most often I am rebutting some pretty outlandish speculation and it doesn't matter who it's about. It just happens that some come up with some pretty bizarre comments not based on anything but imagination, lol!

If the high school racing is not a legal or sanctioned entity, why would a lowly employee be blamed for this? That would be assuming Autobahn isn't professional, doesn't have legal advice, gives way too much autonomy to a single person. To set up the high school racing teams and races took a lot of work and coordination. Did a single person do that? If so, that's impressive and admirable, especially in the light that some people paint him.

The powers that be had no say in it? Nobody did their due diligence?
Would the legal advisors of Autobahn not have had input in something this important?
How about Autobahn's insurance providers? I'll bet they'd have something to say.
Why does the referenced website continue to have those pages available to the public if it was such a liability as some say?
Why is there no negative news, no expose, no public outrage or news about this alleged crime?

I am not defending any single person, but the idea that this wasn't a completely legal deal is to be explored and thought about with common sense.

Maybe JW had complete control over everything high school racing and there was no oversight whatsoever and it was discovered to be a major problem, so he was fired. I don't know. Do you? Research it. Maybe there's a story that needs to be told; could be juicy. Could be a story with two sides.

---------------------------------------
To my stalker, I say "grow up", or at least eat a Snickers and take a nap.
In any order.

coming in late here .. but speculation... JW being fired from go -kart job.... will state the obvious that some have stated.... theft, or some type of blatant misrepresentation, but my feeling on it after watching his mojo video that he was on a serious roll, exaggerating his life & background with a mission in mind ....which was TO BE a great racer & own his own racing places & become rich like some of the people he saw at the go-kart racing circuit. So if you watch the mojo video closely, it appears he has sponsors many that were at the go-kart place.... So my take on it... he was not shy but probably anyone who *had a name* or *had some $$* or *was known on the circuit* he was hitting up for sponsorships. That would be my guess on why he was fired. tho it is speculation, but in the Mojo video he stated near the end blah blah about all the people who had sponsored him... i.e. gave him $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz