DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TexMex wrote:

Police have stated they are aware of the connection between DW and JW. They have not stated specifically what connection they are referring to.

Have 'police' really stated that? All I have seen is a blogger, who made a few inconsistent statements, say that his police source says so. I am not sure how accurate it is. JMO

TexMex wrote:

Police have stated they are aware of the connection between DW and JW. They have not stated specifically what connection they are referring to.

I am personally thinking that there is a possibility that LE knew of the connections of former addresses of JW and DW, and possibly any more connections, before any connection was discovered on web sleuths. It's their job to investigate and checking addresses seems 101. I am not sure, as smart as people are here, that LE relies on WS for basic info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“We are aware of the connections between the two men,” a law enforcement official involved in the investigation said.

http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

This particular statement was in quotations.

Yes. The quote falls in the middle of the apartment address discussion

Documents and records show the two men have both lived in the same apartment complex in New Carrollton, Maryland, adjacent to Washington, D.C.

“We are aware of the connections between the two men,” a law enforcement official involved in the investigation said.

Further, that sprawling apartment complex is immediately adjacent to the church parking lot where the Savopoulos Porsche 911, stolen at the time of the murders, was ditched and torched in the hours after the quadruple murders.

IMO it's been investigated and found to be unrelated to the murders

Have 'police' really stated that? All I have seen is a blogger, who made a few inconsistent statements, say that his police source says so. I am not sure how accurate it is. JMO

I understand. Hearing how journalists/reporters/talking heads interpret and relay the same hard facts so differently, it's hard to take anything AS FACT that you don't see coming out of LE's mouths.

IDK. Pulitzer-nominated. Not sure about the inconsistent statements, but his blog has the best details I've read. Really lays out all the issues regarding JW. I read it again today in full and more became apparent. For instance, it was extensively discussed here about JW's red bag. With people posting photos and everything. According to the blog, it was not his bag at all. It was given to him by the accountant. I'm posting the link again for those interested.

http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

I am personally thinking that there is a possibility that LE knew of the connections of former addresses of JW and DW, and possibly any more connections, before any connection was discovered on web sleuths. It's their job to investigate and checking addresses seems 101. I am not sure, as smart as people are here, that LE relies on WS for basic info.

In Total Agreement.

I think I missed something about JW having a connection to Mooresville. Can someone help me?

Mooresville is home of NASCAR. Since we don't know much about JW pre-2013 I think it's highly likely that he lived down there and was on the outer fringes of NASCAR.

Here is a copy of the March 2013 Watch List Guidance. It may have been updated since then. It is a complicated process and directed primarily at preventing terrorists from flying. With these good intentions many people were placed on the list by name association who should not have been considered threats, e.g. Robert Kennedy.

By characterizing the savage attacks on May 14 possible terrorism, suspected participants might qualify by interpretation of these rules. There are checks and balances but it's all subject to bureaucratic shuffling.

IMO It would be easier to keep JW grounded by getting a court order to temporarily revoke his passport and place the court order under seal.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/document/2014/07/23/march-2013-watchlisting-guidance/

IMO the convoy members were questioned, fingerprinted and swabbed for DNA before released
It will be interesting to find out more info about the truck. Hopefully at prelim in two weeks

And constantly monitored ever since May 22.

How can a prolific liar be trusted? I'm not getting it. How can you sell yourself by telling lies? Anybody that had actually checked if his statements are true or not would not trust him. It's not even stretching the truth or embellishing. It's lies. If he was not thoroughly checked out by SS, then SS could not be bothered by what he didn't know. Too many other truthful people with better character are out there waiting to be hired. I'd hate to lose a job I'd been hoping to get to a guy like this.

It doesn't seem a stretch that JW might have been telling others, including SS, the same thing he told his racing buddy--that he quit Autobahn due to lack of hours. If he would lie to LE about something they could find out in a 20-second phone call with the acct, why wouldn't he lie about the details of why he left Autobahn?
I don't think SS would have followed up on that unless he found himself standing next to the Autobahn boss shooting the breeze and it came up. Would be interesting to know if there were any racing fed functions that would have them communicating in weeks prior to the crime.

It doesn't seem a stretch that JW might have been telling others, including SS, the same thing he told his racing buddy--that he quit Autobahn due to lack of hours. If he would lie to LE about something they could find out in a 20-second phone call with the acct, why wouldn't he lie about the details of why he left Autobahn?
I don't think SS would have followed up on that unless he found himself standing next to the Autobahn boss shooting the breeze and it came up. Would be interesting to know if there were any racing fed functions that would have them communicating in weeks prior to the crime.

Not according to the blogger:

After Wallace was fired from his job at the Autobahn Speedway, he contacted Savopoulos in late March looking for a job. “Jordan was out of a job. The kid seemed really nice,” said one Savopoulos associate from the racing world who knew and had met Jordan Wallace. “Savvas said he got fired from his job and Jordan reached out to Savvas.”
Savopoulos hired Wallace in mid April to be his driver and personal assistant. One of Wallace’s first assignments was to drive the senior Savopoulos and Philip down to Mooreshead, North Carolina for a racing event which Philip participated in mid-April.

So according to everyone's fave blogger, JW DID tell SS that he had been fired. SS is a very smart man. I cannot imagine that he would not check out WHY before he made this guy a personal driver/assistant. This guy was going to Phillips races with them. I bet SS cAlled his friends at Autobahn to make sure he was not fired for criminal reasons. JMO

Sometimes WS is faster for some things since oftentimes LE has so much other evidence to sift through. They had all the physical evidence, phone records, and probably a bunch of other stuff. We only had the internet. LE even acknowledged that posters online spotted some of the video evidence in the Hannah Graham case before they did. I presume that's because they are in an evidence-rich environment, and we are in an evidence-poor environment :)

After Wallace was fired from his job at the Autobahn Speedway, he contacted Savopoulos in late March looking for a job. “Jordan was out of a job. The kid seemed really nice,” said one Savopoulos associate from the racing world who knew and had met Jordan Wallace. “Savvas said he got fired from his job and Jordan reached out to Savvas.”
Savopoulos hired Wallace in mid April to be his driver and personal assistant. One of Wallace’s first assignments was to drive the senior Savopoulos and Philip down to Mooreshead, North Carolina for a racing event which Philip participated in mid-April.

So according to everyone's fave blogger, JW DID tell SS that he had been fired. SS is a very smart man. I cannot imagine that he would not check out WHY before he made this guy a personal driver/assistant. This guy was going to Phillips races with them. I bet SS cAlled his friends at Autobahn to make sure he was not fired for criminal reasons. JMO

BBM: Smart people make mistakes, too. I think that Websleuths knows more about JW than SS ever knew. I know enough that I'd not hire him to walk my dog. And whether SS was told the truth or not, we DO know that others were NOT told the truth.

Not according to the boogger:

I don't know what SS would or wouldn't do to follow up on JW, someone he already personally knew. Maybe he didn't want to rock the boat at Autobahn and just believed JW's version of events, or maybe the owner of Autobahn knew that SS liked JW and didn't want to badmouth JW to one of his customers. Maybe JW had a convincing story about why the owner of Autobahn would lie about him or had it in for him or something else. We don't know, but I don't take SS' hiring of JW as any sort of evidence that JW was fired from his job for something of no consequence.

I don't know what SS would or wouldn't do to follow up on JW, someone he already personally knew. Maybe he didn't want to rock the boat at Autobahn and just believed JW's version of events, or maybe the owner of Autobahn knew that SS liked JW and didn't want to badmouth JW to one of his customers. Maybe JW had a convincing story about why the owner of Autobahn would lie about him or had it in for him or something else. We don't know, but I don't take SS' hiring of JW as any sort of evidence that JW was fired from his job for something of no consequence.

OK, so SS is an important and influential customer of the Autobahn. And you fired an employee for something grievous, like extortion or some kind of violent threats. Are you saying that you would allow that important customer to hire him as a personal driver for himself and his 10 yr old and not give him a warning? I find that really hard to accept.

<modsnip>

Good catch. I do think Nate is a good journalist. I don't know if I have a fave blogger. So SS knew JW was fired. Good info!

I am surprised that LE has not further interrogated every single person that was with DW the night of his arrest. Surely they know something even if they were only on the peripheal of this.

I am still surprised they were even let go so early after DW arrest. It doesnt make any sense.

LE should have been able to get a lot of information from them and maybe even make a plea deal with them if any of them are involved.

Unless I missed it I havent heard anything more about them. Surely something was up at the time with that truck. Its not like that was their normal truck to go parading around town every night.

Wonder where they went? :thinking: AWOL?

Sometimes WS is faster for some things since oftentimes LE has so much other evidence to sift through. They had all the physical evidence, phone records, and probably a bunch of other stuff. We only had the internet. LE even acknowledged that posters online spotted some of the video evidence in the Hannah Graham case before they did. I presume that's because they are in an evidence-rich environment, and we are in an evidence-poor environment :)

When Greta was covering the Clinton facility prison break, some of her viewers caught how deliveries were made to the prison --- a rope thrown over the wall, the goods tied to the rope and pulled back up over the wall... Quite fascinating what people catch!

OK, so SS is an important and influential customer of the Autobahn. And you fired an employee for something grievous, like extortion or some kind of violent threats. Are you saying that you would allow that important customer to hire him as a personal driver for himself and his 10 yr old and not give him a warning? I find that really hard to accept.

Everywhere I have worked we have said nothing about why people were fired because of liability. The most I've ever said, and that is only off the record to very good friend is, "I might think about a different candidate," or, "I admired his self-confidence." In my former life, we kicked students out of our ivy league doctoral program for all kinds of weird/antisocial/unethical/illegal behavior and never said anything about why they were leaving. In fact, one woman in my department was a kleptomaniac and the dept head cut a deal with her in which she go quietly and would get a very nice letter of recommendation and transfer to a friend of the dept head's lab in another university. The brother/sister/sister-in-law and fiance of Raymond Clark continued to work at Yale after he pled guilty to Annie Le's murder.

BBM: Smart people make mistakes, too. I think that Websleuths knows more about JW than SS ever knew. I know enough that I'd not hire him to walk my dog. And whether SS was told the truth or not, we DO know that others were NOT told the truth.

I don't know why the assumption that SS knew less about JW than we do. Why wouldn't he have a new employees checked out? I bet he had lots of background checks done on employees that were in his home or around his family. Who doesn't do tat if they are a multimillionaire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1