DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/07/06/home-invasion-and-shooting-upper-marlboro/29757733/

Another apparent home invasion. Funny how media sees trends in certain crimes and writes "possible linkage" stories but in other crimes, gee...nothing interesting here.

This looks like the same area where an off-duty cop was shot and killed by his stepson a couple of years ago.
http://www.policeone.com/investigations/articles/6206169-Off-duty-DC-cop-shot-killed-by-stepson/

IMO whatever the "connection" (IMO it was the address speculation that someone here reported to them) it must not have been of any consequence. JW is not a suspect not has he been arrested or charged with any crime, especially not in the kidnap/torture/murder of four people

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/20...n-dnt-lead.cnn

Former Asst Director FBI Ron Hosko

"Certainly by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene. Now the question is: does that exist? "

IMO after over seven weeks since the crime, that other evidence does not exist. That's why Hanover said his defense at the prelim was going to be that early on LE was saying that Wint probably had help.

Do you think there will be no more arrests?

It should be Mooresville - it's the center of NASCAR and not only home to The Pit but also http://www.gopromotorplex.com/ which I found shared a video from JW that weekend of April 26th! That must be where they were.

Thanks for nailing this for us. Makes more sense than Morehead, NC where I saw nothing suggesting the same level as Mooresville NC facility (but could have missed).

A bit OT, but this is not a sport for the poor. From gopromotorplex^ link, for kart-owners:
"Annual Individual Membership: $1200/year. Annual Family Membership: $2000/year (up to 3 family members)".

"Standard Garage Rental: SOLD OUT12' x 15' garage space
8' lockable roll-up door

Electricity and lighting included
Annual price is $2,500 -
$2,750/year"
"
Luxury Garage Rental: SOLD OUT12' x 20' garage space
8' lockable roll-up door
Electricity and lighting included
Added Amenities: Wall-mounted flat panel television with cable TV, workbench and exclusive access to the 'Luxury Lounge' (air conditioned private room for relaxing with TV, dining area, private bathroom and shower).
Annual price is $5,000 - $5,500/year"

"$60 for a Day Pass$30 for a Half-Day Pass (after 4 p.m.)
$45 for a Sunday Day Pass
*Rates for Day Passes are per driver, not per kart. If more than one driver plans to use the same kart, both drivers are required to pay for a practice pass."

Plus expense of kart, maintenance, insurance, transport from home to & from track, lodging, meals. Coaching fees?
Track time for practice, as ^. Driver gear (driver suits, helmets, gloves, etc), fuel. Race entry fees?
ETA: Almost forgot a trailer for the kart, too, to transport to races at other locations.

^ numbers show serious financial commitment needed for kart racing. Could bring the green eyed monster around.

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Thanks pinkandgreenmom for post ref'ing to Chuck E. Cheese w go-karts, which is what I h/bn thinking. This is a step up.

I am wondering if JW was hired by SS to primarily be the driver of PS's go-kart to these various races and perhaps an Amerit truck was needed to do so?

I don't know how SS got the go kart to races, but the karts can be put on a trailer or in a trailer and towed. SS could have had JW drive the SUV towing the trailer/kart, I don't know.

Not that offering enough money can get things to happen that wouldn't ordinarily be available, but according to Amerit, they don't rent just the trucks themselves.

That's just irresponsible and smacks of sensationalism., in my opinion of course. It undermines any bit of seriousness he may have offered. Stick with stating the facts, man! Don't spin it like a junior high school paper.

LOL! That comment is a piece of pure fantasy (or bull***** in my eyes), and one of the worst bits of so-called investigative journalism I've read from NT so far!

JW and DW did NOT "grow up" together anywhere, let alone "for several years"!

DW was fully cooked when he arrived in the U.S. at age 19.

What an idiotic thing to claim.

CMAA bs IMO

Covering My Ample *advertiser censored* By Saying In My Opinion

Well, it IS Inside Edition. They are sensational!

Sociopaths. Narcissists. They actually can do very well in life if they are also intelligent. Think Wall Street, surgeons, attorneys, hedge fund managers. Neither JW or DW were intelligent.

CEOs, politicians, religious leaders...

WARNING: RANK SPECULATION!!!

I think DW and JW have a certain type of intelligence, but they each lack "perspective" and self-control. They are unable to see how others see them and adjust accordingly, even when it would benefit them. DW has an explosive and violent temper. JW seems to confuse kindness and manners with weakness or stupidity. Maybe he's just so wrapped up in his delusions that he loses track of what he's saying, but watching JW in interviews, I get the feeling he has contempt for the people who interview him because he thinks he's manipulating them. He can tell them anything and they'll believe it because he's such a charming, brilliant guy.

The fact that they've made it this far with apparently limited talent and marketable skills, the fact that neither is dead or already serving a long prison sentence shows me they are able to get what they want/need somehow - manipulating others, strong-arming them sometimes in DW's case, persuasion, whatever - somehow they've both managed to make it to adulthood (34 and 28) without a discernible career path or steady, sufficient income, and neither is living on the street.

I absolutely agree they lack the intelligence they think they have! People who are good at what DW and JW are good at, when combined with intelligence and the ability to self-moderate end up being multi-millionaires because they can make decisions without considering the human cost of their actions. JMO

I am surprised that LE has not further interrogated every single person that was with DW the night of his arrest. Surely they know something even if they were only on the peripheal of this.

I am still surprised they were even let go so early after DW arrest. It doesnt make any sense.

LE should have been able to get a lot of information from them and maybe even make a plea deal with them if any of them are involved.

Unless I missed it I havent heard anything more about them. Surely something was up at the time with that truck. Its not like that was their normal truck to go parading around town every night.

I wonder if someone (everyone) in the convoy was in on the plan to turn DW in for the reward money. That would explain why they needed 5 people. There are people in DC who will jump onto a Metrobus after it crashes so they can sue for pretend injuries. Would LE be willing to let these peoples' involvement post-murders slide if they brought DW in? The reward was $100,000 for information leading to DW's arrest. DW only got $40,000, some of which he already spent. Split, 5 ways (or 4 if one is involved in the murders) they each get $20,000 ($25,000). Wonder who was driving the truck. We know a woman was driving the Chevy.

IDK. Pulitzer-nominated. Not sure about the inconsistent statements, but his blog has the best details I've read. Really lays out all the issues regarding JW. I read it again today in full and more became apparent. For instance, it was extensively discussed here about JW's red bag. With people posting photos and everything. According to the blog, it was not his bag at all. It was given to him by the accountant. I'm posting the link again for those interested.

http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

I think that blog did a good job of collecting all the information that has been posted elsewhere. Some of it was wildly inaccurate and was changed after commenters pointed it out. IMO, he has jumped to some of the same conclusions as MSM and misinterpreted some of the primary documents released by LE. I don't trust unnamed sources from any reporter because someone who will leak "facts" without attaching his/her name is not someone I trust to give accurate information - there's no accountability.

Anyone can be nominated for a Pulitzer by a paper they work for. He was nominated by a small foreign press. It's still a nomination, which is awesome, but it shows that the paper holds the reporter's work in high regard, not the Pulitzer board.

As for the red bag, he misread the charging documents. He is reporting on JW changing his story during his interview(s) with LE. The charging docs don't say anything about the accountant giving JW the bag. Unless he interviewed JW himself, which he doesn't mention in the blog, the reporter is working off the same docs as us.

Here is a copy of the March 2013 Watch List Guidance. It may have been updated since then. It is a complicated process and directed primarily at preventing terrorists from flying. With these good intentions many people were placed on the list by name association who should not have been considered threats, e.g. Robert Kennedy.

By characterizing the savage attacks on May 14 possible terrorism, suspected participants might qualify by interpretation of these rules. There are checks and balances but it's all subject to bureaucratic shuffling.

IMO It would be easier to keep JW grounded by getting a court order to temporarily revoke his passport and place the court order under seal.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/document/2014/07/23/march-2013-watchlisting-guidance/

They might already have his passport, since it was collected when the SW was executed. If someone's property is confiscated during a search, but LE decides s/he is not involved and the property is not germane to the case, when is the property returned? (Car, computer, etc)

Not according to the blogger:

After Wallace was fired from his job at the Autobahn Speedway, he contacted Savopoulos in late March looking for a job. “Jordan was out of a job. The kid seemed really nice,” said one Savopoulos associate from the racing world who knew and had met Jordan Wallace. “Savvas said he got fired from his job and Jordan reached out to Savvas.”
Savopoulos hired Wallace in mid April to be his driver and personal assistant. One of Wallace’s first assignments was to drive the senior Savopoulos and Philip down to Mooreshead, North Carolina for a racing event which Philip participated in mid-April.

So according to everyone's fave blogger, JW DID tell SS that he had been fired. SS is a very smart man. I cannot imagine that he would not check out WHY before he made this guy a personal driver/assistant. This guy was going to Phillips races with them. I bet SS cAlled his friends at Autobahn to make sure he was not fired for criminal reasons. JMO

Who was the SS associate form the racing world? Without a name, it could have been the guy who put air in PS' tires at the track. Why can't reporters find anyone to interview who is willing to go on the record?! Also, JW posted on SM on March 24 that he got a job and included a photo of SS' land rover interior. 032415LR.jpg

When a reporter can't get basic facts correct and misinterprets the minimal information available to us, I take everything he writes with a grain of salt. JMO

nobody said it has to be violent threats or extortion. Liars get themselves into all kinds of trouble. Trouble i wouldn't personally want to hire. But liars and those with personality disorders are good at re-positioning themselves after having been caught in their various indiscretions. It's the nature of their game.

amen!

I wonder if someone (everyone) in the convoy was in on the plan to turn DW in for the reward money. That would explain why they needed 5 people. There are people in DC who will jump onto a Metrobus after it crashes so they can sue for pretend injuries. Would LE be willing to let these peoples' involvement post-murders slide if they brought DW in? The reward was $100,000 for information leading to DW's arrest. DW only got $40,000, some of which he already spent. Split, 5 ways (or 4 if one is involved in the murders) they each get $20,000 ($25,000). Wonder who was driving the truck. We know a woman was driving the Chevy.

If that was their plan, they screwed it up like the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight. They did not have to rent the room at the Howard Johnson Inn. They already laundered a big share of the money. If they wanted to turn him in for the reward they should have just called the DCMPD tip line and said "he just called me from the Uber cab and he's on his way here." They could keep the stolen money and get the 100 grand reward to boot.

Interesting. Would be interesting to see if PS's go kart has any fingerprints or anything on it. Wonder if it would have been a higher performing go kart than what JW had -- if he had any go kart of his own.

From what I have seen on the websites, the kids under 13 use 'kid' go-karts, which are different than the adult go-karts.

Interesting. Would be interesting to see if PS's go kart has any fingerprints or anything on it. Wonder if it would have been a higher performing go kart than what JW had -- if he had any go kart of his own.

Wonder where that go-kart is. I'm assuming it was stored off site, for ease of transport. PS was going to a lot of races all over the country this spring.

I think he was just helping this kid out with odd jobs till he found something. SS loved cars...I bet he loved to DRIVE those cars he possessed. He seemed like a very compassionate man. What would it hurt him to throw some part time work to JW to tide him over. On another thread, it was noticed that Tuesday and Thursdays seemed to be the repeated days when JW would post about his "job"....IMO that was telling. He had no education and really no skill beyond a driver's license, so IMO JW was given some odd driving jobs to do. The idea that he was the trusted devoted man servant when he had only had this "gig" for 6 weeks is silly IMO.

On another topic, I helped manage a hospital gift shop as a Boardmember. The long term employee that ran the shop was found to have been embezzling for years. The decision was made to let her go but we were warned to say nothing "detrimental" for legal reasons.

She quickly had another job. Probably is stealing from them as we speak. Like JW , she is very personable and a smooth liar, which makes her attractive to certain people. Unti the damage is done.

Seems ridiculous to me, but that was my experience with this type of "confidentiality."

But SS hired him to drive his 10 yr old and himself to NC for a race; would you hire a fired employee to drive your 10 yr old out of state without checking out their background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1