DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm sbm rbm

katydid123 -
IIUC, your ^ post quoted blog verbatim, not a paraphrase. I'm not commenting or questioning, you in any way.

Did blog get city name right? Where was event? Dates? Did Mr S hire JW in mid-Ap? Race in mid-Ap?

My Google search
"No results found for mooreshead north carolina.Showing results for morehead north carolina."

Go kart racing at The Pit in Mooresville NC:
http://meetatthepit.com/

BTW
DC to Mooresville NC .................................~ 380 mi. (inland)
DC to Morehead NC (aka Morehead City) ..... ~ 360 mi. (on the Outer Banks)

http://www.kartsportna.com/news/index.cfm?cid=59797
JWracegas.jpgPS@Mooresville.JPG

Do you think there will be no more arrests?

I am inclined to agree with the retired asst director of FBI, Hosko.
Wednesday marks eight weeks since the break in. There has been, in his words, plenty of time for evidence collection in the house, for gathering phone records and for analysis of that evidence. Plenty of time for fingerprint and DNA analysis as well.
I think, at this point, evidence of others being involved does not exist and DW acted alone
JMO

I was thinking specifically of BH, the co-owner, from Baltimore and Jacksonville. Is that who you sleuthed? I saw info that he is a big art collector and thought he would be in the SS social circle. I could be wrong that they know each other. But I do believe that if JW was fired for something criminal then SS would have figured that out. Again, I could be totally wrong.

If he was fired for something criminal there would be charges brought against him. There are none.

But SS hired him to drive his 10 yr old and himself to NC for a race; would you hire a fired employee to drive your 10 yr old out of state without checking out their background?

I wonder if he drove them or trailered the go-kart?

You know none of us understand what the terms of this job was. Suppose JW calls and tells him that he quit because he couldn't get enough hours. Suppose the timing corresponds to SS getting ready to go to one of these races, and he sees a "win-win." Hey, help this guy out temporarily and he can hassle getting the go-kart down there.

Maybe that works out okay...and SS tells JW...come around on Tuesdays and Fridays..I'll pay you by the hour...till you find something. If it was very casual, I CAN see SS helping JW out without calling and checking his "resume."

I just don't see this "important" HIGH TRUST job created and this close bond on intimacy and trust based on helping some out of work guy you know...for three weeks.

If I really need a babysitter and someone I know over time from a mutual interest needs a helping hand...it's a win-win for the moment. I might not do a full background check.

If that was their plan, they screwed it up like the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight. They did not have to rent the room at the Howard Johnson Inn. They already laundered a big share of the money. If they wanted to turn him in for the reward they should have just called the DCMPD tip line and said "he just called me from the Uber cab and he's on his way here." They could keep the stolen money and get the 100 grand reward to boot.

You know what, I don't think they trusted each other or anyone else - they wanted to physically deliver him to LE and get their receipt. If DW told them to get a room, etc., the group would have done it - business as usual. If DW's accomplice said "Go buy money orders", they would do it. To turn DW and possibly one other person over to LE, they would need a plan that made it look like they were going along. Maybe when someone saw that $40,000 and heard about the murders, they did the math and called police. I can see three women figuring it out while DW is in NY and hatching a plan with a male confidant. $25,000 each is a lot more than what they were going to get from DW and maybe they are not okay with torturing and murdering a 10 year-old boy.

Just noticed possible origin of nickname "Weedy":
"One of Jordan Wallace’s racing mentor’s, Mike “Weedy” Weddell, a respected figure on the stock car circuit in the Northeast U.S., said “I had heard it was over Jordan not getting enough hours to work” and dismissed the suggestion that there was some kind of rift."
http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

Last name lends itself to "Weedy" as nickname.
Or as some posted here - poss tie to mj, or to his stature, if tall and thin.

IDK, just some, not all, possibilities re how nickname started.

In my head, I was thinking the guy may have ran his car off-track and his buddies made fun of him "driving in the weeds" or something similar. Lol.

But SS hired him to drive his 10 yr old and himself to NC for a race; would you hire a fired employee to drive your 10 yr old out of state without checking out their background?

I doubt seriously that JW drove SS and PS to NC. Either he drove the truck carrying the go-kart, or he rode along. Why would a man who loves driving hire someone else to drive one of his fast cars down the interstate?

I don't post often but enjoy reading all of your posts. This is where I am. When , oh when, will we learn what's going on? Is it July 20th?

I am inclined to agree with the retired asst director of FBI, Hosko.
Wednesday marks eight weeks since the break in. There has been, in his words, plenty of time for evidence collection in the house, for gathering phone records and for analysis of that evidence. Plenty of time for fingerprint and DNA analysis as well.
I think, at this point, evidence of others being involved does not exist and DW acted alone
JMO

So no more arrests? When do you think they will make an announcement that the case is solved? Prelim?

If he was fired for something criminal there would be charges brought against him. There are none.

Not necessarily. Would you really want it made public that the face/mouth piece of your facility, who was trusted with the safety of customers and had been sponsored in races by the company, was caught stealing? How embarrassing to have been snookered so soundly. For petit theft, Autobahn might take the loss and hope no one found out they exercised such poor judgment in hiring. JMO

If that was their plan, they screwed it up like the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight. They did not have to rent the room at the Howard Johnson Inn. They already laundered a big share of the money. If they wanted to turn him in for the reward they should have just called the DCMPD tip line and said "he just called me from the Uber cab and he's on his way here." They could keep the stolen money and get the 100 grand reward to boot.

One of them may have called the tip line. We'll never know because it was supposed to be kept confidential.

JMO

So what happens to any of these convoy people if it can be proven that DW had contact with them, say, the day of the crime and sent a text like "cash comin'. Gonna need your help again" (making this up) and they, in turn, replied "yep! I'm in."

Because they didn't have knowledge that murders were taking place would they just have an after-the-fact charge? Or if they agreed ahead of time to play a role in laundering the cash (a theft that included murder) would they be held accountable for more?

Of course, no one in the convoy would have ANY idea that anything fishy was going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will explain where I get my 'beliefs' about the importance of the Autobahn. I might be off base but I compare it to when my son played ice hockey when he was 10-14. The ONLY place he could practice was in our local rink. And EVERYTHING kind of happened around that as our source of info. He joined a league and went away on weekend games. But still we spent a lot of time at the rink. EVERYONE DID. So we knew all of the employees and the owner and the managers. If someone that worked full time was suddenly fired, people talked. And people did meet employees from there and become friends and/or co-workers over time.

So I have been seeing the Autobahn as a similar place for SS and family. If Phillip wanted to practice with his go-kart where else could he go but there? It said in the bloggers article that SS took his son there regularly. If he had a professional coach then he took it seriously and I believe he went at least once or twice a week. How could he go ra ce if he did not practice?

If you go to a place like that then you get to know the employees pretty well. People talk. SS was a good customer and an influential man. I think he knew the owners and the general manager because of the many times he took his son there and because his son was a serious racer. JMO

This is what scares me. Employers whose hands are tied morally, ethically or legally by not being "allowed" to give reasons for firing someone or not feeling free to warn someone else who hires them. Passing the buck just facilities more bad behavior, criminal behavior or even violence and death as we see. An employee who steals, whether it's from the business or likely fellow employees considering that it was kleptomania, and isn't prosecuted or bargained with regarding getting mental help, is doing a disservice to everyone. I realize there's no obligation to help someone, I don't have a problem with that, but I do have a problem with facilitating the creation of more victims. Not just victims of thefts, but the whole can of worms for the future employers having to deal with the same thing.

I think it's egregious that she was rewarded a very nice letter of recommendation.

I'd be furious to find out I was misled into hiring an undesirable, disruptive and criminal person. :/ At the other end, I'd feel sick knowing I pawned her off on someone else. If no one ever pressed charges and an employee never had to face real consequences, nothing would show in a background check when potential employers did their due diligence.

I know it goes on, but it's not right.

Absolutely agree. Everyone is so concerned about their own behind they don't stand on any principle. I once had an employee who was bullying another employee.....when I wasn't around. I showed up one day unannounced and witnessed it with my own two ears! I was so taken aback by it.......I SCREAMED "get the $&@! out of my store! I thought she would get unemployment or try and work the system. Unemployment called, told them exactly what happened and she got nothing. In the end, I didn't care........and I would have sung like a bird if anyone called for a reference. [emoji211] Never heard from her again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So no more arrests? When do you think they will make an announcement that the case is solved? Prelim?

I don't think there will be any such announcement. I think we will learn more at the prelim for sure

That is not necessarily true in my experience. I've known of several instances that have involved theft but in which the person in question was asked to leave quietly/pay back the money/never be seen here again.

That is not necessarily true in my experience. I've known of several instances that have involved theft but in which the person in question was asked to leave quietly/pay back the money/never be seen here again.

Things may have changed since I left banking world in 1991. But during my 8 years there, I saw a few fired for stealing. Everybody who worked there knew why they were fired. No charges ever pressed.

Maybe. I've dealt with the opposite. Charges of fraud and theft filed against fired employee. Set an example. Hasn't happened again!

<Modsnip>

Just go by what posters here have sleuthed. Going by that alone, I know how bad of a liar JW is. A background check thru local police records would have told SS nothing useful about him. The useful info was in the SM department. Lying IS a character issue. Too many other people with better character seeking employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz