DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so SS is an important and influential customer of the Autobahn. And you fired an employee for something grievous, like extortion or some kind of violent threats. Are you saying that you would allow that important customer to hire him as a personal driver for himself and his 10 yr old and not give him a warning? I find that really hard to accept.

Also, JW's girlfriend and co-worker still worked for Autobahn. If he had been fired for something criminal, would they have kept his girlfriend, who continued to date him, on the payroll?

Nobody said it has to be violent threats or extortion. Liars get themselves into all kinds of trouble. Trouble I wouldn't personally want to hire. But liars and those with personality disorders are good at re-positioning themselves after having been caught in their various indiscretions. It's the nature of their game.

OK, so SS is an important and influential customer of the Autobahn. And you fired an employee for something grievous, like extortion or some kind of violent threats. Are you saying that you would allow that important customer to hire him as a personal driver for himself and his 10 yr old and not give him a warning? I find that really hard to accept.

Also, JW's girlfriend and co-worker still worked for Autobahn. If he had been fired for something criminal, would they have kept his girlfriend, who continued to date him, on the payroll?

Maybe I don't understand. I thought Autobahn was like a Chuck E. Cheese for go karting (you get the idea - it is a play place for kids and kids at heart). I don't think SS had any special relation with Autobahn or was any high ranking customer of Autobahn. I think of it as a place he took his kid to have fun.

I could see it being a problem if we were talking about high ranking executives in top decision making and fiduciary roles at a large corporation. But with Autobahn? I was under the impression the positions there are pretty low level. To me, if two McDonalds cashiers are dating and one is fired (for whatever reason), would the franchise owner fire the other employee? I tend to doubt it.

I think the head of Autobahn is a good friend of SS's. They run in the same circles. If he thought JW was dangerous or criminal, then imo, he would have warned SS, off the record, as you have done. JMO

I doubt they ran in the same circles. SS's son went to St Alban's and he was a member of The Metropolitan Club and Chevy Chase Club. Not many people were in SS's league. They may have talked racing but that is different.

I don't know why the assumption that SS knew less about JW than we do. Why wouldn't he have a new employees checked out? I bet he had lots of background checks done on employees that were in his home or around his family. Who doesn't do tat if they are a multimillionaire?

Well, do you think SS knew of all the lies about lacrosse/football/championships won/lying about his age to get into a racing event? There is more out there that's been posted here. It is too many lies to remember all of them. I wonder what SS would think about all the lies he told the police. Just because a person doesn't have a criminal record that doesn't mean the person has good character. I would not want an easy liar to be in a position of influencing my kid. The one in my family has been fired for stealing, avoided criminal charges and moved to a better job. And lies all the time. I won't be around her.

Everywhere I have worked we have said nothing about why people were fired because of liability. The most I've ever said, and that is only off the record to very good friend is, "I might think about a different candidate," or, "I admired his self-confidence." In my former life, we kicked students out of our ivy league doctoral program for all kinds of weird/antisocial/unethical/illegal behavior and never said anything about why they were leaving. In fact, one woman in my department was a kleptomaniac and the dept head cut a deal with her in which she go quietly and would get a very nice letter of recommendation and transfer to a friend of the dept head's lab in another university. The brother/sister/sister-in-law and fiance of Raymond Clark continued to work at Yale after he pled guilty to Annie Le's murder.

This is what scares me. Employers whose hands are tied morally, ethically or legally by not being "allowed" to give reasons for firing someone or not feeling free to warn someone else who hires them. Passing the buck just facilities more bad behavior, criminal behavior or even violence and death as we see. An employee who steals, whether it's from the business or likely fellow employees considering that it was kleptomania, and isn't prosecuted or bargained with regarding getting mental help, is doing a disservice to everyone. I realize there's no obligation to help someone, I don't have a problem with that, but I do have a problem with facilitating the creation of more victims. Not just victims of thefts, but the whole can of worms for the future employers having to deal with the same thing.

I think it's egregious that she was rewarded a very nice letter of recommendation.

I'd be furious to find out I was misled into hiring an undesirable, disruptive and criminal person. :/ At the other end, I'd feel sick knowing I pawned her off on someone else. If no one ever pressed charges and an employee never had to face real consequences, nothing would show in a background check when potential employers did their due diligence.

I know it goes on, but it's not right.

When Greta was covering the Clinton facility prison break, some of her viewers caught how deliveries were made to the prison --- a rope thrown over the wall, the goods tied to the rope and pulled back up over the wall... Quite fascinating what people catch!

I get that--being forced to think out of the box. I am just hoping that LE would do their due diligence in checking the current and former addresses of the two names associated with the crime. (I hope?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM: If they are seasoned criminals they should know how the law works. Just invoke your rights to remain silent and ask if you're being arrested or taken into custody or are free to leave. Depending on jurisdiction, you can be held 48-72 hours before being formally arraigned. Yes, they could have been held longer but it can be a civil rights issue later on whether the suspects are eventually charged at a later time or not.

Thanks BellaVita and TexMex.

I agree that LE probably had to let them go at some point if they were not going to charge them with a crime. Its just so strange to me that they were allowed to go so quickly.

If I remember correctly they were not held very long at all. And by now new questions would be needed to be asked by investigators so I would have thought they would have been called back in for questioning by now. Maybe LE has tried and they are refusing to talk to them OR maybe they were called back in and gave good information and we just have not heard about it.

I havent been able to follow too much lately about this case and unless I missed something it just seems strange to me that we have not heard any more about the people that were with DW at the time of his arrest.

It seems there is a treasure trove of information that is available because I think DW was starting his spending spree.

I dont like to think of plea deals in this case but I wonder if some of those people would be in a position to help LE for some type of reduced sentence or some type of immunity deal.

I suppose I need to trust LE that they have pursued that angle already.

<modsnip>

Katydid, may I ask where you got this info? My research shows the owner of Autobahn living in a completely different geographic region of the country. Maybe we are talking about different people? I will be the first to admit my sleuthing skills aren't that great and I could be way off base. I have seen you mention a few times that SS and the head of Autobahn were friends and I am just not seeing the same thing (admitting I could be 100 percent incorrect here).

Thanks BellaVita and TexMex.

I agree that LE probably had to let them go at some point if they were not going to charge them with a crime. Its just so strange to me that they were allowed to go so quickly.

If I remember correctly they were not held very long at all. And by now new questions would be needed to be asked by investigators so I would have thought they would have been called back in for questioning by now. Maybe LE has tried and they are refusing to talk to them OR maybe they were called back in and gave good information and we just have not heard about it.

I havent been able to follow too much lately about this case and unless I missed something it just seems strange to me that we have not heard any more about the people that were with DW at the time of his arrest.

It seems there is a treasure trove of information that is available because I think DW was starting his spending spree.

I dont like to think of plea deals in this case but I wonder if some of those people would be in a position to help LE for some type of reduced sentence or some type of immunity deal.

I suppose I need to trust LE that they have pursued that angle already.

I think they were let go as bait. :D

Observe who they contact and visit. See where they go, what they do. They could have led to other criminals and illegal activities.

It would be interesting to know if requests were made for those people's phones records or SW to allow monitoring. :D

When Greta was covering the Clinton facility prison break, some of her viewers caught how deliveries were made to the prison --- a rope thrown over the wall, the goods tied to the rope and pulled back up over the wall... Quite fascinating what people catch!

I was telling that to a friend and he didn't believed me till I showed him the video and he almost died laughing. Like I'm sure we all did. :)

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

I am wondering if JW was hired by SS to primarily be the driver of PS's go-kart to these various races and perhaps an Amerit truck was needed to do so?

Not according to the blogger:

After Wallace was fired from his job at the Autobahn Speedway, he contacted Savopoulos in late March looking for a job. “Jordan was out of a job. The kid seemed really nice,” said one Savopoulos associate from the racing world who knew and had met Jordan Wallace. “Savvas said he got fired from his job and Jordan reached out to Savvas.”
Savopoulos hired Wallace in mid April to be his driver and personal assistant. One of Wallace’s first assignments was to drive the senior Savopoulos and Philip down to Mooreshead, North Carolina for a racing event which Philip participated in mid-April.

So according to everyone's fave blogger, JW DID tell SS that he had been fired. SS is a very smart man. I cannot imagine that he would not check out WHY before he made this guy a personal driver/assistant. This guy was going to Phillips races with them. I bet SS cAlled his friends at Autobahn to make sure he was not fired for criminal reasons. JMO

Here is a MSM piece where the blogger is interviewed:

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...at-go-kart-driver-who-dropped-off-40k-in-cash

I am wondering if JW was hired by SS to primarily be the driver of PS's go-kart to these various races and perhaps an Amerit truck was needed to do so?

Interesting. Would be interesting to see if PS's go kart has any fingerprints or anything on it. Wonder if it would have been a higher performing go kart than what JW had -- if he had any go kart of his own.

. Not according to the blogger:....
Savopoulos hired Wallace in mid April to be his driver and personal assistant. One of Wallace’s first assignments was to drive the senior Savopoulos and Philip down to Mooreshead, North Carolina for a racing event which Philip participated in mid-April...
bbm sbm rbm

katydid123 -
IIUC, your ^ post quoted blog verbatim, not a paraphrase. I'm not commenting or questioning, you in any way.

Did blog get city name right? Where was event? Dates? Did Mr S hire JW in mid-Ap? Race in mid-Ap?

My Google search
"No results found for mooreshead north carolina.Showing results for morehead north carolina."

Go kart racing at The Pit in Mooresville NC:
http://meetatthepit.com/

BTW
DC to Mooresville NC .................................~ 380 mi. (inland)
DC to Morehead NC (aka Morehead City) ..... ~ 360 mi. (on the Outer Banks)

bbm sbm rbm

katydid123 -
IIUC, your ^ post quoted blog verbatim, not a paraphrase. I'm not commenting or questioning, you in any way.

Did blog get city name right? Where was event? Dates? Did Mr S hire JW in mid-Ap? Race in mid-Ap?

My Google search
"No results found for mooreshead north carolina.Showing results for morehead north carolina."

Go kart racing at The Pit in Mooresville NC:
http://meetatthepit.com/

BTW
DC to Mooresville NC .................................~ 380 mi. (inland)
DC to Morehead NC (aka Morehead City) ..... ~ 360 mi. (on the Outer Banks)

It should be Mooresville - it's the center of NASCAR and not only home to The Pit but also http://www.gopromotorplex.com/ which I found shared a video from JW that weekend of April 26th! That must be where they were.

Just noticed possible origin of nickname "Weedy":
"One of Jordan Wallace&#8217;s racing mentor&#8217;s, Mike &#8220;Weedy&#8221; Weddell, a respected figure on the stock car circuit in the Northeast U.S., said &#8220;I had heard it was over Jordan not getting enough hours to work&#8221; and dismissed the suggestion that there was some kind of rift."
http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

Last name lends itself to "Weedy" as nickname.
<modsnip>

IDK, just some, not all, possibilities re how nickname started.

Hatfield said:
I am surprised that LE has not further interrogated every single person that was with DW the night of his arrest. Surely they know something even if they were only on the peripheal of this. I am still surprised they were even let go so early after DW arrest. It doesnt make any sense. LE should have been able to get a lot of information from them and maybe even make a plea deal with them if any of them are involved. Unless I missed it I havent heard anything more about them. Surely something was up at the time with that truck. Its not like that was their normal truck to go parading around town every night.

Wonder where they went? :thinking: AWOL?
MIA to us, but to Le - Under Surveillance.

I don't know why the assumption that SS knew less about JW than we do. Why wouldn't he have a new employees checked out? I bet he had lots of background checks done on employees that were in his home or around his family. Who doesn't do tat if they are a multimillionaire?

I think he was just helping this kid out with odd jobs till he found something. SS loved cars...I bet he loved to DRIVE those cars he possessed. He seemed like a very compassionate man. What would it hurt him to throw some part time work to JW to tide him over. On another thread, it was noticed that Tuesday and Thursdays seemed to be the repeated days when JW would post about his "job"....IMO that was telling. He had no education and really no skill beyond a driver's license, so IMO JW was given some odd driving jobs to do. The idea that he was the trusted devoted man servant when he had only had this "gig" for 6 weeks is silly IMO.

On another topic, I helped manage a hospital gift shop as a Boardmember. The long term employee that ran the shop was found to have been embezzling for years. The decision was made to let her go but we were warned to say nothing "detrimental" for legal reasons.

She quickly had another job. Probably is stealing from them as we speak. Like JW , she is very personable and a smooth liar, which makes her attractive to certain people. Unti the damage is done.

Seems ridiculous to me, but that was my experience with this type of "confidentiality."

I think he was just helping this kid out with odd jobs till he found something. SS loved cars...I bet he loved to DRIVE those cars he possessed. He seemed like a very compassionate man. What would it hurt him to throw some part time work to JW to tide him over. On another thread, it was noticed that Tuesday and Thursdays seemed to be the repeated days when JW would post about his "job"....IMO that was telling. He had no education and really no skill beyond a driver's license, so IMO JW was given some odd driving jobs to do. The idea that he was the trusted devoted man servant when he had only had this "gig" for 6 weeks is silly IMO.

On another topic, I helped manage a hospital gift shop as a Boardmember. The long term employee that ran the shop was found to have been embezzling for years. The decision was made to let her go but we were warned to say nothing "detrimental" for legal reasons.

She quickly had another job. Probably is stealing from them as we speak. Like JW , she is very personable and a smooth liar, which makes her attractive to certain people. Unti the damage is done.

Seems ridiculous to me, but that was my experience with this type of "confidentiality."

Tuesdays and Fridays were the days when JW took pic of the S family's vehicles. I think that SS needed extra help getting dojo together and with that and getting Amy's car washed, car taken for an oil change, etc that was all JW did a couple of times a week. I don't think this was a real job. And I think SS liked to drive his own vehicles. He could take calls and drive himself - a lot of people do that.

BBM: The Amerit truck was registered in North Carolina I believe.

That's where the company is based. Wonder if Amerit provides services at any of the NC races. I think probably not for kart racing, but maybe for some of the other types of vehicles.

ETA: Amerit has a facility in Beltsville MD, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee