DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Would be interesting to see if PS's go kart has any fingerprints or anything on it. Wonder if it would have been a higher performing go kart than what JW had -- if he had any go kart of his own.

Whose fingerprints are you thinking about?
Seems several ppl's prints and/or DNA would logically be on it: Mr S, PS, JW, other 'new coach' (forgot name). Plus ppl who serviced, i.e., fueled it, changed oil, tuned up, helped load & unload from track to trailer or truck.

JM2cts, could be all wrong, could have missed the point.

You know what, I don't think they trusted each other or anyone else - they wanted to physically deliver him to LE and get their receipt. If DW told them to get a room, etc., the group would have done it - business as usual. If DW's accomplice said "Go buy money orders", they would do it. To turn DW and possibly one other person over to LE, they would need a plan that made it look like they were going along. Maybe when someone saw that $40,000 and heard about the murders, they did the math and called police. I can see three women figuring it out while DW is in NY and hatching a plan with a male confidant. $25,000 each is a lot more than what they were going to get from DW and maybe they are not okay with torturing and murdering a 10 year-old boy.

Lol. I don't think anyone in that train wreck of a posse is able to "do math". And I also don't see anyone in that group suddenly growing a moral compass and coming forward. If any one of them were in that house with DW and didn't intervene then, I don't see a reward inclining them to come forward now. Nice people, good people just don't associate with people like DW. They just don't.......birds of a feather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there any evidence at all JW skimmed or stole from Autobahn or SS?

Yes. He had SS's Mosler registration in his backpack. And took a photo of $20K in his own red lined bag.

Whose fingerprints are you thinking about?
Seems several ppl's prints and/or DNA would logically be on it: Mr S, PS, JW, other 'new coach' (forgot name). Plus ppl who serviced, i.e., fueled it, changed oil, tuned up, helped load & unload from track to trailer or truck.

JM2cts, could be all wrong, could have missed the point.

Just curious about this go kart and the Bentley which we never saw towed by LE.

Lol. I don't think anyone in that train wreck of a posse is able to "do math". And I also don't see anyone in that group suddenly growing a moral compass and coming forward. If any one of them were in that house with DW and didn't intervene then, I don't see a reward inclining them to come forward now. Nice people, good people just don't associate with people like DW. They just don't.......birds of a feather.

I wasn't assuming the people in the convoy were involved in the crime (although one probably was) - just learned about the windfall after the fact.

I wasn't assuming the people in the convoy were involved in the crime (although one probably was) - just learned about the windfall after the fact.

And I wasn't assuming you were. I was just giving opinion on them whether involved or not. You know?

Even drug dealers can count money.

Yes. He had SS's Mosler registration in his backpack. And took a photo of $20K in his own red lined bag.

All of which has been known to LE for weeks. IMO they know he didn't take any of that money and it's not illegal to send your gf a pic of it. He put it where SS asked him to and DW was arrested with it.
The registration was expired before he even worked for SS. For all we know SS gave it to JW for some reason that LE verified.
And apparently NT wrote that the red bag was the accountants...

I wonder if someone (everyone) in the convoy was in on the plan to turn DW in for the reward money. That would explain why they needed 5 people....
sbm bbm

Respectfully, need 5 ppl? IIRC, 2 males, 3 females. How do you envision this happening?
1-2 holding guns on DDW, 2-3 duct taping him & putting in back seat or trunk, or Am truck, and then all driving to PD HQ?

^ entirely poss, but I'm thinking the first 1-2 ppl in this position w/want keep lions share for selves, not spread the wealth around. Wondering if/how the size of DDW's fan club/posse grew. Or if all 5 came as a set, so to speak.

Seriously, I just have no idea what any of them could have bn thinking or planning, no snark.

sbm bbm

Respectfully, need 5 ppl? IIRC, 2 males, 3 females. How do you envision this happening?
1-2 holding guns on DDW, 2-3 duct taping him & putting in back seat or trunk, or Am truck, and then all driving to PD HQ?

^ entirely poss, but I'm thinking the first 1-2 ppl in this position w/want keep lions share for selves, not spread the wealth around. Wondering if/how the size of DDW's fan club/posse grew. Or if all 5 came as a set, so to speak.

Seriously, I just have no idea what any of them could have bn thinking or planning, no snark.

I think DW was in the car and was going to move to the truck or visa versa. I think they were interrupted in the process of moving DW from one vehicle to the other. They may have suspected they were being followed/tracked.

All of which has been known to LE for weeks. IMO they know he didn't take any of that money and it's not illegal to send your gf a pic of it. He put it where SS asked him to and DW was arrested with it.
The registration was expired before he even worked for SS. For all we know SS gave it to JW for some reason that LE verified.
And apparently NT wrote that the red bag was the accountants...

NT misunderstood the affidavit. It never says the red bag belonged to the accountant and the accountant gave it to JW. I wonder how LE could verify that a dead man gave his registration to a guy who worked for him for six weeks. I guess they could just take JW's word for it.

If that was their plan, they screwed it up like the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight. They did not have to rent the room at the Howard Johnson Inn. They already laundered a big share of the money. If they wanted to turn him in for the reward they should have just called the DCMPD tip line and said "he just called me from the Uber cab and he's on his way here." They could keep the stolen money and get the 100 grand reward to boot.

Raises good point about who had the $$$ and when.

Did DDW provide $ and instructions to convert to money orders, etc, before he left DC for NY?
Would hetrust his chum for an indeterminate time - perhaps a few days - w that amt?
Would he trust all of them for that time?
If ^ was chronology, then yes, conceivably they could have ended up w stolen $ and reward.

Or after securing $, did DDW head w $ to NY, return to DC by Uber, look up his chums, then provide $ & instructions, w agreement to meet up in X hours or a day? This would require DDW's trust in his chums for shorter time.
^ is what I thought I had read (or may have azz-umed, sorry if I messed up timeline).
If ^ was chronology and if chums told LE he was on the way back to DC, then they would not yet have had stolen $ in hand , so no chance to keep stolen $ and get reward.

Maybe there is another chronology that could also result in chums getting both stolen $ and reward $. IDK.

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

I wish I cd/find MSM re reward. Was it for info leading to arrest or arrest and conviction?

sbm bbm

In my mind, they would not need to physically restrain and deliver DW to LE. If they told LE where they would be, LE could swoop in and retain/arrest everyone just like they did. If DW and an accomplice thought they were just out for a money laundering joyride, they were not expecting LE to catch them. Just like in a drug bust when the informant gets cuffed, too, it would look, at least temporarily, as if everyone was equally surprised by the take down. But the three women/1 man who do not appear to be in custody would have set it up to claim the reward money.

I imagine the women figured it out, but they needed a man to drive the truck. DW's brother was in the truck with one man. DW was in the car with 3 women. He was riding in the back. I'm not saying this definitely happened. I'm just saying, it's a lot easier to envision than the home invasion murders (which definitely happened). Can you think of a reason that makes sense why LE would immediately let 4 people traveling with DW & bro go without any charges?

ETA: I do not think they were taking DW to police headquarters. I think they were bringing him out into the open where LE could arrest him with as little chance of additional casualties as possible. Inside the hotel could have ended up with a hostage situation/death by cop.

So what happens to any of these convoy people if it can be proven that DW had contact with them, say, the day of the crime and sent a text like "cash comin'. Gonna need your help again" (making this up) and they, in turn, replied "yep! I'm in."
Because they didn't have knowledge that murders were taking place would they just have an after-the-fact charge? Or if they agreed ahead of time to play a role in laundering the cash (a theft that included murder) would they be held accountable for more?
Of course, no one in the convoy would have ANY idea that anything fishy was going on.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c bbm

I wish I could find the MSM w details about the reward. Anyone?

Raises good point about who had the $$$ and when.

Did DDW provide $ and instructions to convert to money orders, etc, before he left DC for NY?
Would hetrust his chum for an indeterminate time - perhaps a few days - w that amt?
Would he trust all of them for that time?
If ^ was chronology, then yes, conceivably they could have ended up w stolen $ and reward.

Or after securing $, did DDW head w $ to NY, return to DC by Uber, look up his chums, then provide $ & instructions, w agreement to meet up in X hours or a day? This would require DDW's trust in his chums for shorter time.
^ is what I thought I had read (or may have azz-umed, sorry if I messed up timeline).
If ^ was chronology and if chums told LE he was on the way back to DC, then they would not yet have had stolen $ in hand , so no chance to keep stolen $ and get reward.

Maybe there is another chronology that could also result in chums getting both stolen $ and reward $. IDK.

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

I wish I cd/find MSM re reward. Was it for info leading to arrest or arrest and conviction?

There is a $100,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...e-murdered-in-d-c-mansion-stabbed-son-burned/

I think LE needs the money to prove DW's connection to the extortion. If they stole the money, they are now linked to that blood money. Do they want to be implicated in those crimes, even as accessories after the fact? If they turn in what's left of the $40,000 with DW et al, they each get $25,000 free and clear.

We don't know anything about the people in the convoy. Just because someone is uneducated or even ignorant, doesn't mean they're stupid. People have a way of being smart about what benefits them most.

I know you are just trying to make a dig at the author, and I am not his PR person, but what you are saying is not accurate either. He didn't write it was the accountant's bag. (His mistake was in not detailing a step that was detailed in the doc--that the acct first took the money out of his pockets before putting it into the bag.)

I was referring to a post (by rkf I think) earlier today which stated that. You may be right...I am not sure at all which is why I said "apparently". I haven't read the blog since May

NT misunderstood the affidavit. It never says the red bag belonged to the accountant and the accountant gave it to JW. I wonder how LE could verify that a dead man gave his registration to a guy who worked for him for six weeks. I guess they could just take JW's word for it.

Or perhaps someone else knew the story of why SS gave it to JW. A friend, someone at the car inspection place?
LE knows about it and has investigated it and not charged JW with anything.

I was referring to a post (by rkf I think) earlier today which stated that. You may be right...I am not sure at all which is why I said "apparently". I haven't read the blog since May

FYI: It wasn't me. I do not quote that blogger as a source in my posts.

FYI: It wasn't me. I do not quote that blogger as a source in my posts.

Ok...I saw the info here this morning. I believe you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1