DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a random question. I know rewards are offered many times in crimes as a way to get information but who would take a reward for a gruesome crime.....or really any crime? Most people don't need to collect on a reward in order to come forward and say "he did it, she did it, they did it." I never really hear of rewards being paid. Maybe it's confidential. Has anyone put in a reward for this or would we ever know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd suspect someone might be able to use that money to get away from a gang, bad neighborhood, pay off loans, support their kids, medical expenses. Some people don't have "disposable income" or a trust or savings so they can politely refuse.

Following line of thought and butting into your post w green to pose questions.

Thank you al66pine!
Yes! That's exactly what I'm suggesting. :)
I speculate that the only person, other than DW, who may have been involved in the actual murders {Homicides = May 14th. Did DDW provide $ to chums at this point?} is in custody under a sealed warrant or another charge. The 4 who were let go probably knew nothing about the crime, but were aware { Do we know this?} that DW came into a wad of cash at the same time as the murders hit the news. The reward was posted in MSM by May 19th. DW was named a suspect from DNA on the 20th. {Did DDW provide $ to chums at this point?} He took off for NY. Returns to DC {Did DDW provide $ to chums at this point, early 21st?} on the 21st and is arrested that night. Despite what his girlfriend said, I don't think DW had any intention of turning himself in. I think the people in the convoy saw a chance to legitimately cash in on a guy who probably didn't treat the people around him very well, in addition to being a violent psychopath. If the people in the convoy were in any way involved in the murders, I don't believe LE would have let them out on the street. Whoever committed the atrocities at the S house is unpredictable and dangerous. LE couldn't take the chance that they would commit more vicious crimes while they surveilled them. If the convoy didn't have any inside knowledge, monitoring their movements and phone calls probably wouldn't provide LE with any useful intel. JMO.

In ^ scenario, when did DDW provide them $ & instructns to convert to m/orders?

1. Before leaving DC for NY? At what point of the few poss points ^?
(Wd he trust one chum for an indeterminate time - perhaps a few days - w that amt? Trust all for that time?)

2. After returning from NY to DC area?
Did DDW contact chums (the day before? on arrival?) provide $ & instructns, agree to meet in X hours or a day?
(This reduces length of 'trust period' for DDW re his chums.)

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Interesting. Hence DW claiming to be set up. Maybe he'll be mad they turned him in and will claim the four were in on it from the beginning.

If there is no e-comm-trail w dots connecting DDW and chum(s) and showing some incriminating content pre-invasion, DDW & atty will have an uphill battle convincing jury of that, imo, jmo, moo.

Yes. He had SS's Mosler registration in his backpack. And took a photo of $20K in his own red lined bag.

Those two things have clearly damaged the public opinion of JW. But, to date.....without any formal charges and what seems to be a clearance from law enforcement.....they have clearly moved on from him (which is what you do in an investigation....you move on from a suspect when it doesn't pan out). In my opinion based on that.......they've moved on and cleared him. He's guilty of being immature and clearly unprofessional, but that's not evidence to murder. And LE has basically equated to that, which, in my humble opinion, is why JW has not been charged, won't be charged and has some soul searching to do about his behavior moving forward. If I'm wrong.....I'll gladly eat a TexMex meal! [emoji4]

If there is no e-comm-trail w dots connecting DDW and chum(s) and showing some incriminating content pre-invasion, DDW & atty will have an uphill battle convincing jury of that, imo, jmo, moo.

True and may be why LE hasn't made arrests yet.

JW driving PS' go-karts to races? Possible, imo. IDK what other venues Mr S planned for PS to race. Where was kart usually garaged? Mooresville, NC track, DC home, storage unit in metro DC. Didn't they have a home on coast or Outer Banks? Any indications of registration for future races?

[/B]JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Snipped by me for space.

It is just my opinion, that PS's race kart would have to be stored in the area of his home. How else would he get practice driving his own kart? He can't expect to win if he isn't practicing and getting the "feel" of his kart.

Back in the beginning, IIRC, we heard of storage space at one of the AIW facilities. That may be where the race kart and Bentley are stored.

Those two things have clearly damaged the public opinion of JW. But, to date.....without any formal charges and what seems to be a clearance from law enforcement.....they have clearly moved on from him (which is what you do in an investigation....you move on from a suspect when it doesn't pan out). In my opinion based on that.......they've moved on and cleared him. He's guilty of being immature and clearly unprofessional, but that's not evidence to murder. And LE has basically equated to that, which, in my humble opinion, is why JW has not been charged, won't be charged and has some soul searching to do about his behavior moving forward. If I'm wrong.....I'll gladly eat a TexMex meal! [emoji4]

LE says DW had help. Until they clear JW and/or make more arrests I still have my suspicions. What does TexMex have to do with this?? Just curious.

Snipped by me for space.

It is just my opinion, that PS's race kart would have to be stored in the area of his home. How else would he get practice driving his own kart? He can't expect to win if he isn't practicing and getting the "feel" of his kart.

Back in the beginning, IIRC, we heard of storage space at one of the AIW facilities. That may be where the race kart and Bentley are stored.

Does anyone remember PS's new coach who was on 20/20? I didn't think he lived in the DC area.

I wouldn't be surprised if PS met this coach in Mooresville ,NC or some other race location and did some full days with him before competitions. I don't think this is like ice hockey. I'm thinking it's more like flying down to West Palm Beach and meeting someone down there before a horse show. Perhaps his coach would be able to work with multiple children this way, as kids at this level would come in from across the country.

I'd suspect someone might be able to use that money to get away from a gang, bad neighborhood, pay off loans, support their kids, medical expenses. Some people don't have "disposable income" or a trust or savings so they can politely refuse.

Well, you're right. I never actually thought about that....really. I'm hoping its "that" person you describe and not a person who knew it, was there, knew about it by their baby's mama,etc. I want it to be the sister of one of these loosers and she wants better for herself, or a mother who's son knows DW and knew what happened, or his own child's mother who wants to move far away from this monster and raise her child. I want to believe that, but in the end......I'm jaded when it comes to people coming forward to be honest and truthful by money and not morals. But, I get what you're saying.

Following line of thought and butting into your post w green to pose questions.

In ^ scenario, when did DDW provide them $ & instructns to convert to m/orders?

1. Before leaving DC for NY? At what point of the few poss points ^?
(Wd he trust one chum for an indeterminate time - perhaps a few days - w that amt? Trust all for that time?)

2. After returning from NY to DC area?
Did DDW contact chums (the day before? on arrival?) provide $ & instructns, agree to meet in X hours or a day?
(This reduces length of 'trust period' for DDW re his chums.)

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

I have no reason to think what I think, BUT I wouldn't expect DW to trust anyone with the money until he found himself in a bind. I think when he took off for NY, DW may have left half/most of it with someone we can't discuss who took it upon himself to deal with laundering it. I feel like DW always intended to come back to DC. It would be interesting to know exactly why he went to NY and who he saw besides his girlfriend.

Here's the clip
He states that certainly by now there has been enough time to do lab examinations and get records and test fingerprints/DNA. He goes on to explain that in a case like this such records typically involve phone records
http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/07/02/mansion-murders-suspect-in-court-foreman-dnt-lead.cnn
I trust his experience. This isn't the first home invasion investigation ever. LE knows what to do.
The idiom is usually stated the proof is in the pudding and means that the end result is the mark of the success or failure of one’s efforts or planning. The end result of the investigation into JW is no charges
JMO
JMO

Thanks for responding & including the clip. After watching & listening, I realized he said 'typically' re phone records and
my brain mysteriously moved that to another part of his sentence.

I give his experience great weight in believing his stmts about gen procedure & protocol w complex LE death investigations.
But I noticed he did not claim factual info re this specific case investigation.

As happens w some posters on various points, we can agree to disagree, here as to whether LE investigation into JW is over.
That said, I personally think JW may have no involvement other than as naive $ courier. IDK.

Or he could just be such a delusional, narcissistic person that he actually feels that he should be able to fight back on the convoy peeps simply for setting him up to be apprehended. "I got set up, man!"

LE says DW had help. Until they clear JW and/or make more arrests I still have my suspicions. What does TexMex have to do with this?? Just curious.

I respect your position. TexMex has the best menu ever and posts as such frequently along with beautiful scenery. If you have not seen these posts, I urge you to pass them. You will gain 5 lbs just by looking at the incredible meals. I think TexMex may be a food critic in hiding. [emoji8]

Does anyone remember PS's new coach who was on 20/20? I didn't think he lived in the DC area.

I wouldn't be surprised if PS met this coach in Mooresville ,NC or some other race location and did some full days with him before competitions. I don't think this is like ice hockey. I'm thinking it's more like flying down to West Palm Beach and meeting someone down there before a horse show. Perhaps his coach would be able to work with multiple children this way, as kids at this level would come in from across the country.

Jay Howard, I think/

i
Snipped by me for space.
bbm

Agreed, garaging it in metro DC makes sense, and AIW storage seems relatively convenient. AIW garage could also explain Bentley's absence from public view.

If kart was kept in DC area, I wonder where he was practicing. Does metro DC have venues where a racer can take own kart to practice race turns and other maneuvers on marked course? If not, would zooming around an non-track DC parking lot be sufficiently similar to actual tracks for developing skills? IDK. Not just laps, like some other vehicle racing.

Track below, gopromotorplex track in Moorseville NC where PS raced in April, has 11 turns in .7 miles:
http://gopro.winslow.hutman.net/kart-owners/ ETA: photo of track, deleted other image.

d8c1c536018b3170eb7ee111ec7ef2ee_f270.jpg

Or he could just be such a delusional, narcissistic person that he actually feels that he should be able to fight back on the convoy peeps simply for setting him up to be apprehended. "I got set up, man!"

Exactly. That's what I'm saying. Could go either way!

bbm

Agreed, garaging it in metro DC makes sense, and AIW storage seems relatively convenient. AIW garage could also explain Bentley's absence from public view.

If kart was kept in DC area, I wonder where he was practicing. Does metro DC have venues where a racer can take own kart to practice race turns and other maneuvers on marked course? If not, would zooming around an non-track DC parking lot be sufficiently similar to actual tracks for developing skills? IDK. Not just laps, like some other vehicle racing.

Track below, gopromotorplex track in Moorseville NC where PS raced in April, has 11 turns in .7 miles:
http://gopro.winslow.hutman.net/kart-owners/
course-image.jpg

If you look at GoPro's site it has a section where you can rent and a section for owners. So maybe Autobahn / GoPro etc let you store and race your own kart. Additional revenue streams for them.

Here's the clip

He states that certainly by now there has been enough time to do lab examinations and get records and test fingerprints/DNA. He goes on to explain that in a case like this such records typically involve phone records

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/07/02/mansion-murders-suspect-in-court-foreman-dnt-lead.cnn
I trust his experience. This isn't the first home invasion investigation ever. LE knows what to do.

The idiom is usually stated the proof is in the pudding and means that the end result is the mark of the success or failure of one’s efforts or planning. The end result of the investigation into JW is no charges
JMO

JMO

No charges have been filed pertaining to the crimes of kidnapping and extortion in this case<modsnip>.

A former LE's expertise in law enforcement doesn't mean he has any expertise in determining how long a grand jury will consider evidence before issuing an indictment.

A grand jury has been convened in D.C., which could lead to more felony charges. Only Wint has been charged in connection with the crime, though others are believed to have been involved.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...leased-in-Mansion-Murders-Case-310215841.html

IMO I think DW was going for way more money, lots more. I mentioned on a previous thread I thought it was mentioned that in the flurry of calls SS was trying to get huge amounts of money wire transfered. It appears no one answered my post and I would think someone else might recall too. The police were checking paperwork, credit cards, multiple accounts, and took hundreds of pieces of evidence from the home including from what appeared to be an upstairs office..

I agree with you that people kill for way less, but feel that to DW he had to"settle" for 40K as that is all SS could get that quickly. I think his ultimate goal was always murder but that he thought he could get millions. My opinion only.

Totally agree. The $40 grand was not money for any auction at a dojo. SS was too professional for that. LE used the phrase "ransom" money for a reason. They already know the reason.....it was all SS could gather at a moments notice. Some people think if you're rich, you have access to millions. So not true. We had to wait 2 weeks to get cash out of an account to buy our house. There's bureaucracy EVERYWHERE......rich or poor. DW thought a rich man can produce millions Sure.......he could, but at a days notice, it was $40,000. These ignorant &)@ people didn't get that. In the end....they didn't care either. These murders were going to happen....$40,000, less, more, it wasn't going to matter.

No charges have been filed pertaining to the crimes of kidnapping and extortion in this case <modsnip>.

A former LE's expertise in law enforcement doesn't mean he has any expertise in determining how long a grand jury will consider evidence before issuing an indictment.

A grand jury has been convened in D.C., which could lead to more felony charges. Only Wint has been charged in connection with the crime, though others are believed to have been involved.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...leased-in-Mansion-Murders-Case-310215841.html

What is the average time for Grand Juries in similar cases? I have no idea what is typical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight