DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article can be discussed, BUT the brother and cousin ARE NOT Suspects or POI's and is not mentioned in the article that they are. They can not be sleuthed and info brought here.

What is said in the article about the brother is:

BROWN: And police are looking into whether one of Wint's brothers was also involved. He was in Wint's convoy during the manhunt.

I think FB tracks this for Pages but not for personal profiles, although now that Facebook is so huge and has a lobbying office in DC, you never know what they are secretly able to give to the government. Look at Google and the NSA with cellphone records, but yeah I think that would be interesting info for LE to pull!

I can't say for sure, but I remember that part of their algorithm includes that the more often you view someone's profile, the more you are served that person's posts in your feed (if you are friends), so that tells me that they do track who views whose profiles. But, not being a personal friend of MZ, I can't confirm.

I can't say for sure, but I remember that part of their algorithm includes that the more often you view someone's profile, the more you are served that person's posts in your feed (if you are friends), so that tells me that they do track who views whose profiles. But, not being a personal friend of MZ, I can't confirm.

I am sure they have this data. Just not sure if LE is able to access it.

Guess I could have just googled it. It appears FBI can access that info:

"Even though your online crush doesn't know you're watching them, Facebook does. "We receive data about you whenever you interact with Facebook, such as when you look at another person's timeline, send or receive a message, search for a friend or a Page, click on, view, or otherwise interact with things, use a Facebook mobile app, purchase Facebook Credits, or make other purchases through Facebook.... Typically, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted," Facebook writes on its website.

Where is this data kept? On servers stored miles below the earth, in bulletproof vaults, guarded by angry #3b5998-blue cyborg gnomes who hop from leg to leg wielding torches and spears? Actually, Facebook has data centers around the world, and they are fancier than your house.

Of course, the FBI can also access your Facebook records, but this is probably most relevant only if you're engaging in criminal behavior (advice: don't)."

link: http://www.fastcompany.com/3000466/facebook-voyeurism

Quick search of building permits turned up this:

permit date
Mar 21, 2013
permit type
Miscellaneous
Kitchen addition renovation garage addition new covered porch new front entry.
Permit Type Construction / Addition Alteration Repair
Status Permit issued
Permit # B1303218
Parcel # 2120 0806
Client Leonard A Sacks Trustee
permit date
Feb 28, 2011
permit type
Miscellaneous
Permit # B1104304
Parcel #

Who is Leonard A Sacks? TIA.

What is the average time for Grand Juries in similar cases? I have no idea what is typical.

I don't believe there is any average or set time a grand jury has to make a decision. There are multiple, serious crimes in this case for which no one has been charged. To make an assumption that no one--not even Wint-- will be charged is quite a leap, imo.

JMO

Who is Leonard A Sacks? TIA.

Maryland Attorney - he may be on board of SS's trust. Many multi-million dollar homes are owned by family trusts. he likely assisted SS with the legal side of the construction project that "Bill who of course" was behind on the project was managing. Sad that this project would've given the S family a new and likely safer entry at the garage door.

In my mind, they would not need to physically restrain and deliver DW to LE. If they told LE where they would be, LE could swoop in and retain/arrest everyone just like they did. If DW and an accomplice thought they were just out for a money laundering joyride, they were not expecting LE to catch them. Just like in a drug bust when the informant gets cuffed, too, it would look, at least temporarily, as if everyone was equally surprised by the take down. But the three women/1 man who do not appear to be in custody would have set it up to claim the reward money.

I imagine the women figured it out, but they needed a man to drive the truck. DW's brother was in the truck with one man. DW was in the car with 3 women. He was riding in the back. I'm not saying this definitely happened. I'm just saying, it's a lot easier to envision than the home invasion murders (which definitely happened). Can you think of a reason that makes sense why LE would immediately let 4 people traveling with DW & bro go without any charges?

ETA: I do not think they were taking DW to police headquarters. I think they were bringing him out into the open where LE could arrest him with as little chance of additional casualties as possible. Inside the hotel could have ended up with a hostage situation/death by cop.

ITA with your assessment of the convoy.

. Turns out people actually do sue to get the reward in cases. Iiiiinnnnnteresting to see that the lowlife people who facilitate and participate in crimes qualify for a reward if they blow the whistle at some point? I'm going to go finish reading about "Joseph A. Insinga was the ultimate whistleblower. The former executive with a Dutch bank says he divulged to the Internal Revenue Service details about how for years his employer helped U.S. companies dodge taxes."
He believes he is due the reward for giving information to the IRS. The same IRS he defrauded and stole from for those years he was involved....
sbm bbm

IRS whistleblower awards are different from type of $25,00 reward metro DC PD is offering. Opposite sides of the coin.

---DC PD reward (sorry, no link, but posted earlier) is for providing info leading to arresting & conviction - in known but unsolved homicides (& other known, unsolved crimes). Ditto, usu type of reward by Crimestoppers, PD's gen'ly, etc.
---IRS whistleblower awards are for ppl who provide info* about situations - not known to IRS to be crim tax evasions.
^JM2cts, could be all wrong.

ETA: personally want to read more about some award & reward collectors, including Insinga.

The IRS may pay awards to people who provide specific and credible information to the IRS if the information results in the collection of taxes, penalties, interest or other amounts from the noncompliant taxpayer.
The IRS is looking for solid information, not an “educated guess” or unsupported speculation. We are also looking for a significant Federal tax issue - this is not a program for resolving personal problems or disputes about a business relationship."
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Whistleblower-Informant-Award

IRS Whistleblower,two levels of awards.
- taxes, penalties, interest ... > $2 million, award = 15 -30 percent of $ collected.
- diff criteria = maximum award of 15 percent up to $10 million.

"...to submit information and seek an award for doing so, use IRS Form 211."

"What Happens to a Claim for an Informant Award (Whistleblower)
Procedures used and the criteria followed to identify and process informant cases.
"Whistleblower Law
A brief synopsis of what the new whistleblower law entails. This is the most significant change to the Service's approach to informant awards in 140 years."
{sorry, cd/not de-bold above}

U
AUSA has to convince the jury they were laundering money. Defense would say the women had not even heard of the crime and had no idea from where the money originated at the time they bought the money orders. Wint always had cash. The women had possession of the cash and money orders in the convoy because they were taking it to the police station. The U-turn is easy. They originally headed north in the direction of the PG County police station but decided to go instead to the DC police station so they made the U-turn to head back into DC. Many people do not read newspapers or watch the TV news. These women watch MTV, VH1 and BET, oblivious to daily news.

U.S. marshals stopped them when they were getting ready to turn back toward MD. I think you would turn yourself in to the PD in the jurisdiction where the warrant was issued. JMO. I'm really looking forward to seeing what was up with that convoy. I don't have a horse in this race.

I don't believe there is any average or set time a grand jury has to make a decision. There are multiple, serious crimes in this case for which no one has been charged. To make an assumption that no one--not even Wint-- will be charged is quite a leap, imo.

JMO

But is it like 2 months or 8 months? Can they go for a year?

Guess I could have just googled it. It appears FBI can access that info:

"Even though your online crush doesn't know you're watching them, Facebook does. "We receive data about you whenever you interact with Facebook, such as when you look at another person's timeline, send or receive a message, search for a friend or a Page, click on, view, or otherwise interact with things, use a Facebook mobile app, purchase Facebook Credits, or make other purchases through Facebook.... Typically, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted," Facebook writes on its website.

Where is this data kept? On servers stored miles below the earth, in bulletproof vaults, guarded by angry #3b5998-blue cyborg gnomes who hop from leg to leg wielding torches and spears? Actually, Facebook has data centers around the world, and they are fancier than your house.

Of course, the FBI can also access your Facebook records, but this is probably most relevant only if you're engaging in criminal behavior (advice: don't)."

link: http://www.fastcompany.com/3000466/facebook-voyeurism

Wonder if JW deleting his accounts (personal and "business") will have any effect. I'm guessing when Facebook deletes an account for possible criminal activity, they keep that data for LE. I really have no idea but am curious. Imagine how much great sleuthing we could do if we still had access to all the players' SM!

sbm bbm

IRS whistleblower awards are different from type of $25,00 reward metro DC PD is offering. Opposite sides of the coin.

---DC PD reward (sorry, no link, but posted earlier) is for providing info leading to arresting & conviction - in known but unsolved homicides (& other known, unsolved crimes). Ditto, usu type of reward by Crimestoppers, PD's gen'ly, etc.
---IRS whistleblower awards are for ppl who provide info* about situations - not known to IRS to be crim tax evasions.
^JM2cts, could be all wrong.

ETA: personally want to read more about some award & reward collectors, including Insinga.

The IRS may pay awards to people who provide specific and credible information to the IRS if the information results in the collection of taxes, penalties, interest or other amounts from the noncompliant taxpayer.
The IRS is looking for solid information, not an “educated guess” or unsupported speculation. We are also looking for a significant Federal tax issue - this is not a program for resolving personal problems or disputes about a business relationship."
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Whistleblower-Informant-Award

IRS Whistleblower,two levels of awards.
- taxes, penalties, interest ... > $2 million, award = 15 -30 percent of $ collected.
- diff criteria = maximum award of 15 percent up to $10 million.

"...to submit information and seek an award for doing so, use IRS Form 211."

"What Happens to a Claim for an Informant Award (Whistleblower)
Procedures used and the criteria followed to identify and process informant cases.
"Whistleblower Law
A brief synopsis of what the new whistleblower law entails. This is the most significant change to the Service's approach to informant awards in 140 years."
{sorry, cd/not de-bold above}

Of course, I just thought that was funny and used it as an example of someone participating in a crime then turning around the trying to claim a reward to turning people in. :D

People in the Chris Dornan Rogue Cop case are suing, too. They had nothing to do with his crimes, of course, but...

Maybe they would with a search warrant? Would that be similar to applying for sw for phone records, messages and vms?

Wonder if JW deleting his accounts (personal and "business") will have any effect. I'm guessing when Facebook deletes an account for possible criminal activity, they keep that data for LE. I really have no idea but am curious. Imagine how much great sleuthing we could do if we still had access to all the players' SM!

Nothing is ever truly deleted! :)

omg, the social media activity when Jessica Chambers was murdered! So much criminal activity openly blatted out there WITH PICTURES! Lots of gang stuff, Child Protective Services really really really needs to scroll through there on occasion. There'd be many children removed from their "homes". Yes, I am extremely judgmental where babies, alcohol, drugs, no car seats, etc. are combined IN PICTURES.

rant over.

I wonder if people who work at facebook do their own sleuthing - rich ground there, could be hours of obsession and information.

This is pretty obvious, but just not something I had considered until a second ago. As a user of Facebook, you never know who else on FB has viewed your page (unless they like or respond to your post). But FB has all that info for analytics for advertising and optimization. Even if DW and members of Co were not FB friends with JW, LE will still be able to tell if and when those guys viewed JW's page as long as they were logged into their own accounts. (This would be interesting to know.)

I heard there are paid apps that will allow you to see that info. WS incorporates that function for us; we can see who most recently viewed our profiles :) I keep wanting to put explanations in my profile for when I offend someone without intent :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz