DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at GoPro's site it has a section where you can rent and a section for owners. So maybe Autobahn / GoPro etc let you store and race your own kart. Additional revenue streams for them.

Good thought, so I skimmed http://www.autobahnspeed.com/karting-101/ (the right track where JW worked?)
If there are times or tracks for racer to bring own kart there, I've missed it. Maybe sections I did not see.

Maybe avail at other DC area tracks?

Good thought, so I skimmed http://www.autobahnspeed.com/karting-101/
If there are times or tracks for racer to bring own kart there, I've missed it. Maybe sections I did not see.

Looks like Autobahn isn't in the same league as GoPro. They probably don't hold races. It's just indoor track. Perhaps PS started there and recently got his own kart or still rents them as it may not make much of a difference at his early stage and bringing your own might be worth it. Not sure.

Good thought, so I skimmed http://www.autobahnspeed.com/karting-101/ (the right track where JW worked?)

Oh interesting, they only run electric carts. With speeds for adult karts reaching 50mph.

From their website:

ELECTRIC KARTS ARE FASTER
The electric racing karts at Autobahn Indoor Speedway are nothing like the sluggish, poorly maintained "go carts" you may have experienced in the past. Our high performance Italian racing karts are the fastest in the industry. Each adult kart has a 20 horse power (hp) electric motor that reaches speeds up to 50 miles per hour (mph). Our junior karts reach speeds of up to 25 miles per hour.

Don't let the hype fool ya. On regular road tracks I have pics of karts that reach speeds of 90+ MPH. A whole different class of racing karts. While racing is VERY competitive, it's also a social event. Kart clubs may rent a track one weekend with everyone renting a hotel/motel room. After racing the track all day, the racers meet back at the hotel to tell race stories and lies about the one that got away.

blessedlife;11906774 Just a random question. I know rewards are offered many times in crimes as a way to get information but who would take a reward for a gruesome crime.....or really any crime Most people don't need to collect on a reward in order to come forward and say "he did it, she did it, they did it." I never really hear of rewards being paid. Maybe it's confidential. Has anyone put in a reward for this or would we ever know?

I think you are way over-estimating much of human nature. IMO. Besides, a lot of people really do need the money.

Does anyone remember PS's new coach who was on 20/20? I didn't think he lived in the DC area.

I wouldn't be surprised if PS met this coach in Mooresville ,NC or some other race location and did some full days with him before competitions. I don't think this is like ice hockey. I'm thinking it's more like flying down to West Palm Beach and meeting someone down there before a horse show. Perhaps his coach would be able to work with multiple children this way, as kids at this level would come in from across the country.

I believe you are correct. PS' coach was Jay Howard. JH coaches people all over the country. I believe the last time he saw SS and PS was on/around April 30-May 3 in Phoenix, AZ at the Superkarts USA Spring Nationals. He also saw them around April 20 in Newcastle IN.

ETA: His company, Jay Howard's Motorsport Driver Development has a FB page. He mentioned going to Mooresville on April 23 with PS and that PS was the newest member of the team.

In looking for Jay Howard, I found the transcript of the CNN broadcast that identified DW's cousin as someone under investigation as an accomplice. Since CNN is MSM, hopefully that puts us in a position to discuss him here.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1506/23/csr.02.html

In looking for Jay Howard, I found the transcript of the CNN broadcast that identified DW's cousin as someone under investigation as an accomplice. Since CNN is MSM, hopefully that puts us in a position to discuss him here.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1506/23/csr.02.html
This was brought up a while back, and if I remember correctly, mods said we could discuss what was in the article but couldn't sleuth or name names. I'm alerting this post so mods can confirm/clarify.

ETA The article also mentions Wint's brother as being a suspect.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They could claim they were driving him to turn himself in, but they would have to convince a jury if LE decided to arrest them for laundering money or aiding and abetting a felon. If they hadn't made any contact with LE about turning him in, it would be their word against LE, who found them with a truck-load of cash and money orders, getting ready to make a U-turn away from the police station... His name and face were plastered all over the media. Claiming not to know he was a wanted man would be a hard sell IMO.

Yeah, that was pretty funny of the gf to say he was going to turn himself in. He's been through the process of arrest, lawyer, court enough to know to have a lawyer with him to turn himself in. Especially for this magnitude of crime.

Maybe he was on is way to turn himself in.."into another identity and out of the U.S." say this with me while thinking in Triumph the insult comic dog's voice

Just a random question. I know rewards are offered many times in crimes as a way to get information but who would take a reward for a gruesome crime.....or really any crime? Most people don't need to collect on a reward in order to come forward and say "he did it, she did it, they did it." I never really hear of rewards being paid. Maybe it's confidential. Has anyone put in a reward for this or would we ever know?

...to do the right thing. :)

And, you make a great point! I can't recall ever seeing any reports of someone collecting a reward. :/

I was just about to hit the submit reply button, when whammo! I remembered the Christopher Dornan case. So, I went and Googled the phrase: suing for reward.

Turns out people actually do sue to get the reward in cases. Iiiiinnnnnteresting to see that the lowlife people who facilitate and participate in crimes qualify for a reward if they blow the whistle at some point? I'm going to go finish reading about "Joseph A. Insinga was the ultimate whistleblower. The former executive with a Dutch bank says he divulged to the Internal Revenue Service details about how for years his employer helped U.S. companies dodge taxes."

He believes he is due the reward for giving information to the IRS. The same IRS he defrauded and stole from for those years he was involved.

We human beings are so interesting.

And, you make a great point! I can't recall ever seeing any reports of someone collecting a reward. :/

I was just about to hit the submit reply button, when whammo! I remembered the Christopher Dornan case. So, I went and Googled the phrase: suing for reward.

Turns out people actually do sue to get the reward in cases. Iiiiinnnnnteresting to see that the lowlife people who facilitate and participate in crimes qualify for a reward if they blow the whistle at some point? I'm going to go finish reading about "Joseph A. Insinga was the ultimate whistleblower. The former executive with a Dutch bank says he divulged to the Internal Revenue Service details about how for years his employer helped U.S. companies dodge taxes."

He believes he is due the reward for giving information to the IRS. The same IRS he defrauded and stole from for those years he was involved.

Most of the evidence in the Eve Carson case came from girlfriends and friends of the perps who called after the reward was posted.

I'd suspect someone might be able to use that money to get away from a gang, bad neighborhood, pay off loans, support their kids, medical expenses. Some people don't have "disposable income" or a trust or savings so they can politely refuse.

True. But sometimes, even the people who could use (and deserve) the money the most, refuse a reward on the grounds of principle, morality and personal ethics. Most people believe in doing the right thing, thank goodness!

Snipped by me for space.

It is just my opinion, that PS's race kart would have to be stored in the area of his home. How else would he get practice driving his own kart? He can't expect to win if he isn't practicing and getting the "feel" of his kart.

Back in the beginning, IIRC, we heard of storage space at one of the AIW facilities. That may be where the race kart and Bentley are stored.

Somewhere in one of these threads, there was mention of a building permit for an addition of 2,000 sf of unfinished space - while that would be a huge garage :D part of that could have been planned for extra garage space for all the vehicles. I'm trying to find that post and link.

This is pretty obvious, but just not something I had considered until a second ago. As a user of Facebook, you never know who else on FB has viewed your page (unless they like or respond to your post). But FB has all that info for analytics for advertising and optimization. Even if DW and members of Co were not FB friends with JW, LE will still be able to tell if and when those guys viewed JW's page as long as they were logged into their own accounts. (This would be interesting to know.)

Not all humans are empaths. 10% may be sociopaths.

This is pretty obvious, but just not something I had considered until a second ago. As a user of Facebook, you never know who else on FB has viewed your page (unless they like it respond to your post). But FB has all that info for analytics for advertising and optimization. Even if DW and members of Co were not FB friends with JW, LE will still be able to tell if and when those guys viewed JW's page as long as they were logged into their own accounts. (This would be interesting to know.)

I think FB tracks this for Pages but not for personal profiles, although now that Facebook is so huge and has a lobbying office in DC, you never know what they are secretly able to give to the government. Look at Google and the NSA with cellphone records, but yeah I think that would be interesting info for LE to pull!

I think FB tracks this for Pages but not for personal profiles, although now that Facebook is so huge and has a lobbying office in DC, you never know what they are secretly able to give to the government. Look at Google and the NSA with cellphone records, but yeah I think that would be interesting info for LE to pull!

ooOOO{makes me want to don my tinfoil hat}OOOoo

Somewhere in one of these threads, there was mention of a building permit for an addition of 2,000 sf of unfinished space - while that would be a huge garage :D part of that could have been planned for extra garage space for all the vehicles. I'm trying to find that post and link.

Quick search of building permits turned up this:

permit date
Mar 21, 2013
permit type
Miscellaneous
Kitchen addition renovation garage addition new covered porch new front entry.
Permit Type Construction / Addition Alteration Repair
Status Permit issued
Permit # B1303218
Parcel # 2120 0806
Client Leonard A Sacks Trustee
permit date
Feb 28, 2011
permit type
Miscellaneous
Permit # B1104304
Parcel #

They could claim they were driving him to turn himself in, but they would have to convince a jury if LE decided to arrest them for laundering money or aiding and abetting a felon. If they hadn't made any contact with LE about turning him in, it would be their word against LE, who found them with a truck-load of cash and money orders, getting ready to make a U-turn away from the police station... His name and face were plastered all over the media. Claiming not to know he was a wanted man would be a hard sell IMO.

AUSA has to convince the jury they were laundering money. Defense would say the women had not even heard of the crime and had no idea from where the money originated at the time they bought the money orders. Wint always had cash. The women had possession of the cash and money orders in the convoy because they were taking it to the police station. The U-turn is easy. They originally headed north in the direction of the PG County police station but decided to go instead to the DC police station so they made the U-turn to head back into DC. Many people do not read newspapers or watch the TV news. These women watch MTV, VH1 and BET, oblivious to daily news.

image.jpg
BBQ lunch

Wonder if DW gets better chow than Arias did in Sheriff Joe's Jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight