DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those bags aren't lined - it's just the reverse side of the vinyl, per normal bank bags. So you think LE meant to say a lined red bag, not a red lined bag? Eats, shoots and leaves.

I realize the lining is technically the reverse side of the vinyl, but I think LE was attempting to be more descriptive of the bag, rather than just describing it as a vinyl bag or a plastic bag, etc.

No I don't "think LE meant to say a lined red bag". Most people I know would call it a red lined bag. Similar to describing something as 'cloth-lined laundry basket', for example.

I realize the lining is technically the reverse side of the vinyl, but I think LE was attempting to be more descriptive of the bag, rather than just describing it as a vinyl bag or a plastic bag, etc.

No I don't "think LE meant to say a lined red bag". Most people I know would call it a red lined bag. Similar to describing something as 'cloth-lined laundry basket', for example.

not all vinyl has flannel or cloth backing. Evidently the one they are looking for did have a backing to the vinyl.

JMO

I for one think the vanilla envelope and red velvet lined bag have become too convoluted an issue until further information is provided. Trying to keep my eye on the ball, the more important issue is how much money has been accounted for. Was JW lying or telling the truth about the red car being locked when he delivered the money?

I'm leaning on giving JW the benefit of doubt until the unknown becomes known. Meaning my butts getting sore sitting on the fence.

OT - Passing a link on to rkf and others for verifying postal addresses and gaining property info.

Daily limit: 5 free verification's and they go quickly.

http://www.searchbug.com/

I guess it seems like if LE was trying to be as specific as possible, they wouldn't have said the bag was lined if it wasn't. Why wouldn't they have said a red vinyl bank bag, or given approximate dimensions? That would be specific and descriptive, rather than vague and open to interpretation like the red lined and/or red bag. I think at the time of the SWs, maybe they didn't believe a red bag, owned by JW, existed. The accountant would know what he put the money in, if anything. I wouldn't call that bank bag a red lined bag, but I would call it a red bag. I would expect a cloth-lined laundry basket to have cloth lining on the inside, too. So maybe I'm too literal-minded.

I for one think the vanilla envelope and red velvet lined bag have become too convoluted an issue until further information is provided. Trying to keep my eye on the ball, the more important issue is how much money has been accounted for. Was JW lying or telling the truth about the red car being locked when he delivered the money?

I'm leaning on giving JW the benefit of doubt until the unknown becomes known. Meaning my butts getting sore sitting on the fence.

OT - Passing a link on to rkf and others for verifying postal addresses and gaining property info.

Daily limit: 5 free verification's and they go quickly.

http://www.searchbug.com/

:gthanks:

Makes me think that the theory around he people with him turning him (and the one arrested and held the "fifth" one) for the reward money. Hate to say it but what if they were prostitutes hired and part of "job" was money orders. They perhaps saw the news and realized who they were with and called the number?

Pure speculation but if Wint's attorneys are requesting names of people in convoy it makes me think he didn't really know them at al in the first place.
I think Wint uses a lot of street names. I think he denies knowledge of real names. Moreover, I think Wint isn't even talking to his own attorney. People who lead lives of crime are far less likely to talk about their bad acts to people outside their circles than most of us would imagine.

I guess it seems like if LE was trying to be as specific as possible, they wouldn't have said the bag was lined if it wasn't. Why wouldn't they have said a red vinyl bank bag, or given approximate dimensions? That would be specific and descriptive, rather than vague and open to interpretation like the red lined and/or red bag. I think at the time of the SWs, maybe they didn't believe a red bag, owned by JW, existed. The accountant would know what he put the money in, if anything. I wouldn't call that bank bag a red lined bag, but I would call it a red bag. I would expect a cloth-lined laundry basket to have cloth lining on the inside, too. So maybe I'm too literal-minded.

Again... I think LE was attempting to be more descriptive of the bag within the realm of needing to be specific for this report, or at least as specific as they thought they needed to be at the time of writing the report.

I think LE doesn't often encounter crimes where there is a Bank Bag used. And, many (perhaps most) Bank Bags have a bank name and bank logo on the front of the bag. So, a red lined bag likely seemed like a basic way to describe the bag. Maybe not the best way.

BBM. The documents clearly state that JW ADMITTED he lied. His own admission does make him a liar, 100%. At 28, one's life is wasted if it is built on a foundation of lies.

JMO

If your belief is true.....then we are all screwed at 28. That there's some magic number in life that makes us worthy and whole and all that we can be.....many of us are not cut out for that deadline. I would fail that. Sorry, but good people make bad mistakes. I'm a good person, I've made bad mistakes. Doesn't make me a bad person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know. :shakehead: I'm trying to keep an open mind and look at all the possibilities. I guess I'm not doing a very good job. :)

Love your posts! You do an amazing job!!

Found this:

http://www.traka.com/us/applications/access_control/vehicles_and_tools

It's basically called an access control system. Uses RFID/transponder technology. Keeps a log of access. Can be used for many purposes. Also think of hotel rooms and cruise ship cabins. When you use your key card, your access to the room is tracked. Isn't that the same type system that Jason Young tried to bypass in the murder of his wife?

What LE knows and we do not, is if there are multiple unique keys. We don't know if all access attempts, the key and success or failure are logged.

If your belief is true.....then we are all screwed at 28. That there's some magic number in life that makes us worthy and whole and all that we can be.....many of us are not cut out for that deadline. I would fail that. Sorry, but good people make bad mistakes. I'm a good person, I've made bad mistakes. Doesn't make me a bad person.

Sorry but I don't share your opinion that "good people" lie to cops.

28 is an adult and by then, an intentional lie to law enforcement is exactly what it is and trying to call it a "bad mistake" does not alter the fact it was intentional and JW admitted it when caught. It was enough to persuade a Judge to order a search warrant of his vehicle.

JMO

Regarding JW - "W1 admitted he lied" as written by LE on the AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF AN ARREST WARRANT for Daron Dylon Wint -

I am curious to know if there are others here who have ever been personally aware of a crime (witnessed a crime, been a victim of crime, etc) and have obtained a copy of the police report describing the incident. I have had the opportunity to do this several times and was quite amazed at the inaccuracies stated by LEO in the police report. Even when being a victim of crime, LEO exaggerated the actions of the perpetrator. So, I not only *think* LE lie, I *know* LE lie. Unfortunate, but true.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/opinion/sunday/why-police-officers-lie-under-oath.html?_r=0

OPINION
WHY POLICE LIE UNDER OATH
Excerpt: …. Remarkably, New York City officers have been found to engage in patterns of deceit in cases involving charges as minor as trespass. In September it was reported that the Bronx district attorney’s office was so alarmed by police lying that it decided to stop prosecuting people who were stopped and arrested for trespassing at public housing projects, unless prosecutors first interviewed the arresting officer to ensure the arrest was actually warranted. Jeannette Rucker, the chief of arraignments for the Bronx district attorney, explained in a letter that it had become apparent that the police were arresting people even when there was convincing evidence that they were innocent. To justify the arrests, Ms. Rucker claimed, police officers provided false written statements, and in depositions, the arresting officers gave false testimony.......

Perhaps JW should have watched this video before agreeing to talk to police:
[video=youtube;6wXkI4t7nuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc[/video]
Don’t Talk to Police
A law school professor and former criminal defense attorney tell you why you should never agree to be interviewed by the police.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle

BBM. The documents clearly state that JW ADMITTED he lied. His own admission does make him a liar, 100%. At 28, one's life is wasted if it is built on a foundation of lies.

JMO

BBM: Not all of us. I think MyBelle is saying JW has built his life around lies. Exaggerating, embellishing and even outright making things up and telling lies to LE regarding the investigation into quadruple murder. It's a pattern that's ingrained. Consistently lying is a character flaw, not an isolated mistake. It doesn't get better over the course of time and bodes poorly for employment prospects and personal relationships.

Regarding JW - "W1 admitted he lied" as written by LE on the AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF AN ARREST WARRANT for Daron Dylon Wint -

I am curious to know if there are others here who have ever been personally aware of a crime (witnessed a crime, been a victim of crime, etc) and have obtained a copy of the police report describing the incident. I have had the opportunity to do this several times and was quite amazed at the inaccuracies stated by LEO in the police report. Even when being a victim of crime, LEO exaggerated the actions of the perpetrator. So, I not only *think* LE lie, I *know* LE lie. Unfortunate, but true.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/opinion/sunday/why-police-officers-lie-under-oath.html?_r=0

OPINION
Excerpt: …. Remarkably, New York City officers have been found to engage in patterns of deceit in cases involving charges as minor as trespass. In September it was reported that the Bronx district attorney’s office was so alarmed by police lying that it decided to stop prosecuting people who were stopped and arrested for trespassing at public housing projects, unless prosecutors first interviewed the arresting officer to ensure the arrest was actually warranted. Jeannette Rucker, the chief of arraignments for the Bronx district attorney, explained in a letter that it had become apparent that the police were arresting people even when there was convincing evidence that they were innocent. To justify the arrests, Ms. Rucker claimed, police officers provided false written statements, and in depositions, the arresting officers gave false testimony.......

A member of my family was a victim of a violent crime in New York State and we obtained the report. It was accurate in that it reflected what she and witnesses told LE. The investigation was a joke, but the report was fine.

I havent been keeping up with this thread as has become all about JW and not much else which bores me to tears. Anything (not having to do with JW) new? Is the 7/20 hearing still on?

OPINION

Good post! It's not just the bad guys who lie, even under oath and again, for various reasons. I've always been a huge supporter of LE and it's disappointing when anyone you respect does something against the values automatically attributed to them.

When DH and I went to apply for the restraining order, we brought along pages of the house diary* notes, observations, pictures. We documented everything as it happened or as near to, to be as accurate as possible.

First thing my therapist told us was what words and terminology we should use. He had extensive dealings with the courts and mental health/criminal issues.
He thought he was helping us, but it made me extremely uncomfortable.

Then, we went to the courthouse to fill out the forms for the TRO, and were directed to an office that had a court officer whose duties are solely to help people write up the reports and fill out the forms for restraining orders. She didn't want to read or even see our true accounts, times, etc. She didn't want us to read anything to her. She had us tell her and she typed into the computer.

Just like when you are interviewed by any person in LE, you are at the mercy of 1) what they think they are hearing you say (innocently making mistakes), 2) what they are interpreting you saying (innocently, but humanly putting their own spin on it), 3) deliberately putting their own spin on it because they're "sure" you're not right, or 4) spinning it in your favor because they're "sure" they're helping you.

You are given the papers to read and sign as true. DH and I were reading it and looking at each other because some things were grossly exaggerated in our favor, but not really true. It made us extremely uncomfortable because not only were some of those things not true, it would be lying under oath. The office was very busy, she was very nice, but harried. We understood she was trying to help us, but there was no way we were going with what she wrote as our words. We crossed things out, corrected some statements and added what was important to us. She complied, but there was a little attitude. I had further edits after her edits and there it ended.

I know she was trying to help us, but greatgoshalmighty there was no way we were taking any chances by lying to the court. As it turned out, SIL's boyfriend came to the courthouse (one of our friends saw him walking back and forth in front of it, lol) but didn't come in so we won by default. It turns out he had warrants out for his arrest for *other issues* and would have been arrested on the spot. AFTER that case, we discovered we could have been researching his extensive criminal history that he swore he never had. She, the idiot SIL showed up with scientologist lawyer in tow, she kept prodding him to address the court, he did and OMG I LOVELOVELOVE THAT JUDGE! She read him the riot act for daring to show up to represent and address the court for someone (sil) not named anywhere in the court papers! She was awesome! His face was red and he looked ready to cry, boohoo.

BTW: I, like many people, lie every day of my life. I read recently that whenever someone asks How you doin? (no cheesy eyebrows raised) and I say "Fine, thank you! How are you?". It's true, I say that no matter how I feel. I'm ashamed to admit that I lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz