DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What evidence is LE waiting on? Per FBI there's been more than enough time to gather and analyze the crime scene and forensic evidence and interview those involved. When do you expect him to be arrested and what evidence they don't already have will lead to that arrest?

Not per the FBI. FBI has been mum on this case. I believe you are referring to an ex FBI executive who made comments to a TV reporter.

Not per the FBI. FBI has been mum on this case. I believe you are referring to an ex FBI executive who made comments to a TV reporter.

Yes. Former assistant director of FBI, Hosko. He commented on this case on CNN. FBI agents work home invasions and know how evidence is collected and analyzed

Former Asst Director FBI Ron Hosko
"Certainly by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene. Now the question is: does that exist?"

What evidence is LE waiting on? Per FBI there's been more than enough time to gather and analyze the crime scene and forensic evidence and interview those involved. When do you expect him to be arrested and what evidence they don't already have will lead to that arrest?

"Per FBI"
If a current FBI employee authorized to make public stmts has said this ^, I've missed it. Name & title pls?

Or is ref to a former FBI employee who, AFAIK, has not stated he has specific info re case progress and spoke only in general terms about protocol? If same man, is he giving TV interviews on unpaid basis or is he a tv-paid commentator?

If he stated he has specific info re case progress, I think everyone on this W/S forum is all ears. TexMex? Anyone?

Totally off subject direction at this moment, but I wanted to reply to an old post about the missing Bentley. I would like to offer a theory that sits in my gut. or a version of this..... Does anyone suppose JW dropped his car off blocks from SS home the infamous morning, walked to the house of SS., (to keep all low key) opened the garage & deposited part of the cash into the Moseley. Then grabbed the Porsch & all the evidence gathered by Wint - drove it like a bat out of hell to the church parking lot he was so familiar with. Torched it (was him seen in the video running), then picked up the Bentley & drove it at rock-star speed to the hardware shop where JW could be seen on a video & cleared of involvement of the crime. Bentley could have been planned for a chop shop. This seems like a plausible version of events or similar version. JW may have had the Mosley registration for the fact he may have planned on getting the Mosley out of the garage, that could have been the car he planned to chop shop or move somewhere unknown. Just a theory. typing quickly, so sorry if any bad grammer or typeos

Not likely.
May 14 11:30 - 12:00 JW recorded on video at Lowes in Chantilly
May 14 1:24 fire reported to DC Fire Dept.
May 14 1:30 Porsche spotted by W3 driving erratically on New York Ave, NE
May 14 approximately 2:00 JW arrived at the house
May 14 5:30 Porsche fire reported in Hyattsville.
Neither the Bentley nor the Mosler were reported missing and in fact photos confirm that Mosler was still in the garage after the crime.

Re: "I do know that the accountant said he took out $40k from BofA."
How do you *know* that the accountant said he took out $40k from BofA? Did the accountant tell you this?

It is clearly stated in supporting statement of the Charging Document for DW's arrest
..the other employee that provided the package to W1 was interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from the bank and the money was separated in four bundles that totalled ($40,000) forty thousand dollars.

Yep. IMO DW kicked in the door, subdued the females and a child then the coward demanded money from SS

I agree with Former Asst Director FBI Ron Hosko
"Certainly by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene. Now the question is: does that exist?"

When do you think LE will announce they have their one and only suspect in custody?

"Per FBI"
If a current FBI employee authorized to make public stmts has said this ^, I've missed it. Name & title pls?

Or is ref to a former FBI employee who, AFAIK, has not stated he has specific info re case progress and spoke only in general terms about protocol? If same man, is he giving TV interviews on unpaid basis or is he a tv-paid commentator?

If he stated he has specific info re case progress, I think everyone on this W/S forum is all ears. TexMex? Anyone?
Sorry on my phone and hard to edit previous post.
I have posted his exact words. Link is at CNN
He's a former assistant director of the FBI and JMO he's qualified to give his opinion on evidence collection and analysis in this case. His opinion is backed up by no one else being arrested nine weeks post crime and Chief Lanier downplaying future arrests at her news conference last week (Popsicle posted the tweets)

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/07/02/mansion-murders-suspect-in-court-foreman-dnt-lead.cnn

When do you think LE will announce they have their one and only suspect in custody?

Are they required to announce it?
They suspected DW had help early in the case but it appears that after further investigation he may have acted alone. JMO

Not likely.
May 14 11:30 - 12:00 JW recorded on video at Lowes in Chantilly
May 14 1:24 fire reported to DC Fire Dept.
May 14 1:30 Porsche spotted by W3 driving erratically on New York Ave, NE
May 14 approximately 2:00 JW arrived at the house
May 14 5:30 Porsche fire reported in Hyattsville.
Neither the Bentley nor the Mosler were reported missing and in fact photos confirm that Mosler was still in the garage after the crime.

Do you have a link to the document showing when JW arrived at the S house after being notified of the fire? I have wondered about when he arrived on the scene, as well as another SS/AS employee. Would love a link showing her arrival, too. TIA!

Are you talking about this paragraph? I read this as MSM giving JW's second account as what actually happened, compared to this first account. (That is the way the info was handled in more than a couple of articles--"what actually happened" but it was actually just JW's second account.) I read the article twice, but I am missing the part where it says that the bank handed the acct four bundles not in an envelope or bag! That said, I do know that the accountant said he took out $40k from BofA. Sorry, if I missed something in the article. I've had just one cup of tea.

View attachment 77946

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SeesSeas

How do you *know* that the accountant said he took out $40k from BofA? Did the accountant tell you this?

It is clearly stated in supporting statement of the Charging Document for DW's arrest
..the other employee that provided the package to W1 was interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrappers from the bank and the money was separated in four bundles that totalled ($40,000) forty thousand dollars.

OK but how do we know for certain that the accountant is truthful or that the accountant really said this? What LE wrote in their official affidavit doesn't mean it's true. It's just stating what someone said.
I don't know for certain that the accountant actually said he took out $40k from BofA.
What I do know is that it is written in the LE affidavit that the other employee [accountant] stated such.

Do you have a link to the document showing when JW arrived at the S house after being notified of the fire? I have wondered about when he arrived on the scene, as well as another SS/AS employee. Would love a link showing her arrival, too. TIA!
I don't have a link to an exact time that is why I said approximately 2:00. I arrived at that because there is a video of Nelly at the scene somewhere out there in the MSN cloud. She also stated that she drove over there from McLean as soon as she learned of the fire. From McLean to Woodland drive would be about a half hour in mid-day traffic. Similar drive time from Chantilly.

Actually I don't see the significance of who is more truthful about the money, the bag or the envelope. The accountant confirmed he gave JW $40,000. JW admitted he received and delivered $40,000. The container isn't as important as the murders that were committed after the delivery. I am getting impatient to see Darron Dillon Wint and any accomplices given a fair trial and then sentenced to death for this unspeakable crime.

When the perpetrators of this crime go to trial (and we don't know yet who they all are), there could be significance or not. Nobody knows yet. I do know that in any trial I've ever watched, minute are details are usually labored over. That can sometimes be detrimental to either side. It can also be helpful in ways not readily apparent. Jurors often go back to these details and puzzle over them for hours. There is also the question of credibility. Unless DW makes a plea deal, the lawyers are going to defend him and we don't know what the strategy may be. JW may be considered a poor witness for the prosecution and not be called. The defense may call him for who knows what reason. I'd not be surprised if JW has no involvement but I'd not be surprised if he does. If he is involved, I would be surprised if he sanctioned or took part in the torture/murder of this family. And I don't believe there will be any forensics that support that either. Due to other possible connections to DW, whether it be addresses, SM, employment, relatives or other things in common, I reserve my right to be undecided as to whether or not there is a connection. I don't know yet.

quote_icon.png

OK but how do we know for certain that the accountant is truthful or that the accountant really said this? What LE wrote in their official affidavit doesn't mean it's true. It's just stating what someone said.
I don't know for certain that the accountant actually said he took out $40k from BofA.
What I do know is that it is written in the LE affidavit that the other employee [accountant] stated such.

We honestly don't know what anyone said is truthful but until proven otherwise their word is all we have to go by. Believe it or not.

quote_icon.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnrqs5luwkl0qk2/267776483-Search-Warrant-for-BMW.pdf?dl=0

Page 8 of affidavit. Statement by accountant. Easily verified by the bank. There has been zero implication anywhere or by anyone that the accountant has not been truthful.

Sorry on my phone and hard to edit previous post.
I have posted his exact words. Link is at CNN
He's a former assistant director of the FBI and JMO he's qualified to give his opinion on evidence collection and analysis in this case. His opinion is backed up by no one else being arrested nine weeks post crime and Chief Lanier downplaying future arrests at her news conference last week (Popsicle posted the tweets)

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/2015/07/02/mansion-murders-suspect-in-court-foreman-dnt-lead.cnn

The tweet popsicle posted was by Harry Jaffe (@harryjaffe). He said "On Savopoulos murders, Chief Lanier downplays further arrests."

I asked him "What did the chief say specifically regarding further arrests?"
He responded "no other arrests. Still investigating."

I don't see how that is downplaying further arrests. I'm going to see if I can find the actual press conference to see if she said more on the matter. Will post a link if I find it.

Ron Hosko is the President of the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund. "The LELDF mission is to educate and inform the public about the challenges and stresses of our nation's professional law enforcement officers and to support the criminal and civil defense of those LEOs who may be charged with committing a crime while attempting to properly discharge the duties of their office." https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ron-hosko/10/621/aab

A big part of Hosko's job is to speak to the media. If you google him, you'll see scores of MSM interviews. In addition to the DC murders, he has spoken to CNN about Ferguson, the NY prison escapees, and ISIS/terrorism. He is one of those guys who is available whenever MSM needs a LE opinion, but they can't get someone who is involved in the investigation, for obvious reasons.

Are they required to announce it?
They suspected DW had help early in the case but it appears that after further investigation he may have acted alone. JMO

I doubt it, but I'd think they'd want to share the results of all their hard work, at least on a superficial level. Also, until they make an announcement, some of us are a little nervous that someone involved in the torture murder of 4 people is still walking around. I'd like to know that the only monster involved is locked up. JMO

quote_icon.png

I think the veracity of the accountant's statement could be easily verified by talking to the bank.

I don't have a link to an exact time that is why I said approximately 2:00. I arrived at that because there is a video of Nelly at the scene somewhere out there in the MSN cloud. She also stated that she drove over there from McLean as soon as she learned of the fire. From McLean to Woodland drive would be about a half hour in mid-day traffic. Similar drive time from Chantilly.

The only video I've seen of NG at the house after the fire was around dusk, a lot later than 2:00 pm. She could have been there much earlier, but I haven't seen any confirmation of when she arrived. Same for JW, except I haven't seen any video of him at the house after the fire. I'm just trying to nail down a time line that has been confirmed by LE, not MSM. You're estimating 2 pm because JW said he headed over to the house right after hearing about the fire, but there isn't any independent confirmation?

(I wonder why LE wouldn't have asked NG to go back to the station to be interviewed. If they did that, and she arrived in the afternoon, I don't know why she would be hanging around the house after 6 pm or so.)

The only video I've seen of NG at the house after the fire was around dusk, a lot later than 2:00 pm. She could have been there much earlier, but I haven't seen any confirmation of when she arrived. Same for JW, except I haven't seen any video of him at the house after the fire. I'm just trying to nail down a time line that has been confirmed by LE, not MSM. You're estimating 2 pm because JW said he headed over to the house right after hearing about the fire, but there isn't any independent
confirmation?

(I wonder why LE wouldn't have asked NG to go back to the station to be interviewed. If they did that, and she arrived in the afternoon, I don't know why she would be hanging around the house after 6 pm or so.)

You are right JW said he drove right over. But if he didn't get there until significantly later there would be another huge gap in the story he told to LE which has not surfaced. I doubt he was out shuttling cars around DC. I'll stick with my time-line estimate until someone comes up with anything better.

You are right JW said he drove right over. But if he didn't get there until significantly later there would be another huge gap in the story he told to LE which has not surfaced. I doubt he was out shuttling cars around DC. I'll stick with my time-line estimate until someone comes up with anything better.

I don't think JW was driving the Porsche to MD. He can't be two places at the same time, and he was seen on tape at Home Depot at the time of the fire IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz