DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think JW was driving the Porsche to MD. He can't be two places at the same time, and he was seen on tape at Home Depot at the time of the fire IIRC.

Lowes in Chantilly. It's less than a half mile from AIW welding school and the dojo.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by facundo

Not likely.
May 14 11:30 - 12:00 JW recorded on video at Lowes in Chantilly
May 14 1:24 fire reported to DC Fire Dept.
May 14 1:30 Porsche spotted by W3 driving erratically on New York Ave, NE
May 14 approximately 2:00 JW arrived at the house
May 14 5:30 Porsche fire reported in Hyattsville.
Neither the Bentley nor the Mosler were reported missing and in fact photos confirm that Mosler was still in the garage after the crime.

I don't think JW was driving the Porsche to MD. He can't be two places at the same time, and he was seen on tape at Home Depot at the time of the fire IIRC.

Not Home Depot. As reported, JW was at Lowes and he was allegedly there a couple of hours before the fire.
11:30 PM JW at Lowes
1:24 PM Fire

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by facundo

Not likely.
May 14 11:30 - 12:00 JW recorded on video at Lowes in Chantilly
May 14 1:24 fire reported to DC Fire Dept.
May 14 1:30 Porsche spotted by W3 driving erratically on New York Ave, NE
May 14 approximately 2:00 JW arrived at the house
May 14 5:30 Porsche fire reported in Hyattsville.
Neither the Bentley nor the Mosler were reported missing and in fact photos confirm that Mosler was still in the garage after the crime.

Not Home Depot. As reported, JW was at Lowes and he was allegedly there a couple of hours before the fire.
11:30 PM JW at Lowes
1:24 PM Fire

Where was JW between noon at 1:24? Chantilly? The dojo? That's pretty important.

Where was JW between noon at 1:24? Chantilly? The dojo? That's pretty important.

I do not have a link for this but it was reported in MSM that police confirmed that his cell phone was located in Chantilly. Someone might want to search for this, not I.

The only video I've seen of NG at the house after the fire was around dusk, a lot later than 2:00 pm. She could have been there much earlier, but I haven't seen any confirmation of when she arrived. Same for JW, except I haven't seen any video of him at the house after the fire. I'm just trying to nail down a time line that has been confirmed by LE, not MSM. You're estimating 2 pm because JW said he headed over to the house right after hearing about the fire, but there isn't any independent confirmation?

(I wonder why LE wouldn't have asked NG to go back to the station to be interviewed. If they did that, and she arrived in the afternoon, I don't know why she would be hanging around the house after 6 pm or so.)

LE probably did ask NG to go down to the station for an interview. Maybe they drove her there and then delivered her back to her car at the SS house.

I do not have a link for this but it was reported in MSM that police confirmed that his cell phone was located in Chantilly. Someone might want to search for this, not I.

It was said, to the best of my knowledge, that the phone was still in VA when he texted. I don't think that it was specified Chantilly--I was curious about that detail!

It was said, to the best of my knowledge, that the phone was still in VA when he texted. I don't think that it was specified Chantilly--I was curious about that detail!

Wait, are you saying that JW didn't have his phone on him and that instead LE located it in Chantilly? I was taking about pings.

That would be very strange if it turned out that JW was not with his phone after having left Lowes.

Found it:
Wallace had told police that he drove to the house after learning of the fire..
After delivering the ransom money on the morning of the fire, police said, Wallace drove to Chantilly, Va., to help finish building a martial arts studio, and authorities confirmed his location by tracking his cellphone and with receipts and surveillance video from a Virginia hardware store he visited. Police said that Wallace received a call from someone at American Iron Works informing him that his boss’s house was on fire and that he immediately drove to Woodland Drive..
At 10:26 a.m., the police records show, Wallace texted Savopoulos, “Package delivered.”
Wallace then drove to Virginia. The fire was discovered about 1:15 p.m., and police say Wallace was in Chantilly at the time.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...9031d4-0adf-11e5-a7ad-b430fc1d3f5c_story.html

Wait, are you saying that JW didn't have his phone on him and that instead LE located it in Chantilly? I was taking about pings.

That would be very strange if it turned out that JW was not with his phone after having left Lowes.
To avoid challenges to my post I said his phone was confirmed to be in Chantilly. Pinging the phone does not confirm that the body of the person is with the phone.

Thanks! Yes it is in the docs. I do not know the acct personally. No need to attack.

To avoid challenges to my post I said his phone was confirmed to be in Chantilly. Pinging the phone does not confirm that the body of the person is with the phone.

Thx! Was not challenging at all! Just wanted to be sure of what you were saying. The best thing JW has going for him is that he actually did head to Chantilly, based on the video and pings. That would unravel if he was not with his phone.

Found it:
Wallace had told police that he drove to the house after learning of the fire..
After delivering the ransom money on the morning of the fire, police said, Wallace drove to Chantilly, Va., to help finish building a martial arts studio, and authorities confirmed his location by tracking his cellphone and with receipts and surveillance video from a Virginia hardware store he visited. Police said that Wallace received a call from someone at American Iron Works informing him that his boss’s house was on fire and that he immediately drove to Woodland Drive..
At 10:26 a.m., the police records show, Wallace texted Savopoulos, “Package delivered.”
Wallace then drove to Virginia. The fire was discovered about 1:15 p.m., and police say Wallace was in Chantilly at the time.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...9031d4-0adf-11e5-a7ad-b430fc1d3f5c_story.html

Good work!!!

Yes. Former assistant director of FBI, Hosko. He commented on this case on CNN. FBI agents work home invasions and know how evidence is collected and analyzed

Former Asst Director FBI Ron Hosko
"Certainly by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene. Now the question is: does that exist?"

It may exist but there needs to be a match, not everyones fingerprints or DNA is on file. There maybe an unknown suspect out there. IMO

I think JW came under reasonable suspicion when he showed LE the picture on the phone of only 20K sent to his GF. Accompanied with false or misleading statements about times and method of delivery amounted to probable cause for a S/W. I would have questioned if the entire $40K was delivered.

It may exist but there needs to be a match, not everyones fingerprints or DNA is on file. There maybe an unknown suspect out there. IMO

That could be but IMO LE has the DNA/prints on JW as well as those detained when DW was arrested and his brother has been incarcerated before so it seems he's not involved.
IMO this points to DW acting alone. JMO

The tweet popsicle posted was by Harry Jaffe (@harryjaffe). He said "On Savopoulos murders, Chief Lanier downplays further arrests."

I asked him "What did the chief say specifically regarding further arrests?"
He responded "no other arrests. Still investigating."

I don't see how that is downplaying further arrests. I'm going to see if I can find the actual press conference to see if she said more on the matter. Will post a link if I find it.

Ron Hosko is the President of the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund. "The LELDF mission is to educate and inform the public about the challenges and stresses of our nation's professional law enforcement officers and to support the criminal and civil defense of those LEOs who may be charged with committing a crime while attempting to properly discharge the duties of their office." https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ron-hosko/10/621/aab

A big part of Hosko's job is to speak to the media. If you google him, you'll see scores of MSM interviews. In addition to the DC murders, he has spoken to CNN about Ferguson, the NY prison escapees, and ISIS/terrorism. He is one of those guys who is available whenever MSM needs a LE opinion, but they can't get someone who is involved in the investigation, for obvious reasons.

I think Jaffee is correct. Lanier is saying they are "still investigating" but "downplays further arrests".
Tying up loose ends concerning DW IMO

Hmm. Am I doing something wrong? I just now searched:

Last Name: WINT (Exact Match) | First Name: D | Filing Date Range: 01/01/2015 to 07/10/2015

And nothing comes up for Daron, Darron or Darin. And no arrrests after 03/30/2015

Hmm. Am I doing something wrong? I just now searched:

Last Name: WINT (Exact Match) | First Name: D | Filing Date Range: 01/01/2015 to 07/10/2015

And nothing comes up for Daron, Darron or Darin. And no arrrests after 03/30/2015
It would be helpful if you posted the site you are searching.

If you are searching Maryland Judiciary Case Search, omit the filing date range
You will get about 150 hits.
Then sort your results by clicking on Filing Date.
Then at the top and bottom of the first page you will see there are 6 pages.
click on page 6 and you will see cases in 2015

Darron's last arrest in MD was 2010. for 2015 you need to search Washington DC courts.

...I have posted his exact words. Link is at CNN
He's a former assistant director of the FBI and JMO he'squalified to give his opinion on evidence collection and analysis in this case.
Former Asst Director FBI Ron Hosko ....
sbm bbm

I've read his exact words several times and have watched & listened to his stmts at cnn link.
Said before- giving his stmts great weight as to FBIgen'l investigation protocol, esp as he left FBI so recently (Ap-2014, IIRC) and I suppose many others here would agree.

Repeating the question in my earlier post: Has he stated he has case-specific info re progress? If he has, I've missed it.

JM2cts, have bungled or forgotten a few points of info re this case, could be all wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee