DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the calculations but they had the money for six days, no rush to convert it.

Agreeing: if DDW provided $ to chums on Thurs or Friday, no rush to convert.
Did DD provide $ to his chums, before leaving metro DC? Any MSM from LE on that?
From m/order issue dates, LE sh/know date of earliest purchase and wd then know if he gave them $ before leaving.
OTOH, did DDW keep $ until returning to metro area? For whatever reason, e.g. to flash at NY GF or chums, look for a big drug score, insufficient trust in chums, etc. If so, he may have felt the heat soon after his return and been in a rush to convert.
Why provide on Thurs/Fri or why wait until he returned? Is there significance in his timing? IDK.
(And if ^ possibility is out of whack w known chronology, forgive me, depending too much on memory, without timeline handy. Not my theory, just a possibility.)

I could be wrong but I feel like money was never DW's to do with as he pleased. If it was he wouldn't trust so many people being involved. Seems like a trusted gang and I'm sure they had debts which might have precipitated this- owing money up the chain of command.

Bondgirl
Agreeing: ^ Could very well be.
Are you thinking - one in convoy of Amerit truck & white car = one of the creditors and/or ppl giving orders to DDW?

And when did DDW provide $ to convert - before or after NY trip? Any significance to timing? TIA.

bbm
Agreeing: if DDW provided $ to chums on Thurs or Friday, no rush to convert.
Did DD provide $ to his chums, before leaving metro DC? Any MSM from LE on that?
From m/order issue dates, LE sh/know date of earliest purchase and wd then know if he gave them $ before leaving.
OTOH, did DDW keep $ until returning to metro area? For whatever reason, e.g. to flash at NY GF or chums, look for a big drug score, insufficient trust in chums, etc. If so, he may have felt the heat soon after his return and been in a rush to convert.
Why provide on Thurs/Fri or why wait until he returned? Is there significance in his timing? IDK.
(And if ^ possibility is out of whack w known chronology, forgive me, depending too much on memory, without timeline handy. Not my theory, just a possibility.)

BondGirl said:
I could be wrong but I feel like money was never DW's to do with as he pleased. If it was he wouldn't trust so many people being involved. Seems like a trusted gang and I'm sure they had debts which might have precipitated this- owing money up the chain of command.

Bondgirl said:
Are you thinking - one of the convoy group = one of the creditors and/or ppl giving orders to DDW?

And when did DDW provide $ to convert - before or after NY trip? Any significance to timing? TIA.

IMO There was not a single leader giving orders. In an organized gang, members have a strong bond to one another. There are understood rules about loyalty to the group, trust in one another, and a code of silence similar to "Omerta" in Italian of Sicilian gangs. It could be as simple as, "We need to wash this money quickly, get the girls to buy money orders while I split to Brooklyn and touch base with my GF."

Bondgirl
Are you thinking - one of the convoy group = one of the creditors and/or ppl giving orders to DDW?

IMO There was not a single leader giving orders. In an organized gang, members have a strong bond to one another. There are understood rules about loyalty to the group, trust in one another, and a code of silence similar to Italian of Sicilian gangs. It could be as simple as, "We need to wash this money quickly, get the girls to buy money orders while I split to Brooklyn and touch base with my GF."

I would bet they'd laundered before and those who typically did certain tasks did their normal routine. I wouldn't be surprised if the debt was owed to a bigger player in NYC... Whether to bring watches and jewelry, money etc. the I 95 corridor always has illicit activity.

:stop: Please DO NOT re-post or quote a post that contains a "broken" quote.

"Quotes" must be contained within a pair of quote tags that look something like [QUOT=abc;9999 [/B]

blah, blah, blah[/QUOT]

("E" deliberately omitted and text enhanced for illustration purposes.)

If you can't figure it out, then don't quote it. Paraphrase or simply copy the text and add who originally posted it.

Thanks.

IMO There was not a single leader giving orders. In an organized gang, members have a strong bond to one another. There are understood rules about loyalty to the group, trust in one another, and a code of silence similar to "Omerta" in Italian of Sicilian gangs. It could be as simple as, "We need to wash this money quickly, get the girls to buy money orders while I split to Brooklyn and touch base with my GF."

I think it was for his boss up in NYC and he probably has women in several cities - none serious.

facundo said:
IMO There was not a single leader giving orders. In an organized gang, members have a strong bond to one another. There are understood rules about loyalty to the group, trust in one another, and a code of silence similar to Italian of Sicilian gangs. It could be as simple as, "We need to wash this money quickly, get the girls to buy money orders while I split to Brooklyn and touch base with my GF."

BondGirl said:
I would bet they'd laundered before and those who typically did certain tasks did their normal routine. I wouldn't be surprised if the debt was owed to a bigger player in NYC... Whether to bring watches and jewelry, money etc. the I 95 corridor always has illicit activity.

That's a good possibility and it could account for the large chunk of money that we haven't yet found.

I love Sly and the Family Stone.

[video=youtube;YST-JQ1bREA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YST-JQ1bREA[/video]

MOO :cow:

I may be totally wrong---but I still have a strange feeling that this was all DW. That he barged into the house, maybe as VF was leaving, put a knife to her throat, and got them all duct taped up and under control and then called SS.

I also doubt that he ended up leaving with many valuables, other than the ransom money and the cells. I have not heard any mention of any missing Rolexes or diamond necklaces.

I know they initially said he had help, but I am wondering if they have changed their opinions on that. I cannot wait for the preliminary hearing.

Here is a picture from 2009 if you really want to look in the left bay of the garage.
Also the right bay is full of stuff so he couldn't park the Mosler then.

View attachment 78137

They enlarged the garage in 2011 or 2013? I don't see how they were able to do that unless they dug down underneath. There wasn't really room to expand its width. Maybe the left side houses a hydraulic lift and there's a 10 car underground garage! I know a car collector in Potomac with a 26 car under-ground garage - crazy! They also have a bowling alley and and ice skating rink, so that's probably not relevant... :)

About the double doors...
I have wooden double front doors. Only the left door has a door knob meant to open for every day use while the 2nd door next to it remains stationery. However, at parties, I unlatch the 2nd door from the latch at the top that goes into the hole hollowed to accommodate the flat part of the latch that slides into the door's trim at the threshold. Therefore, I can open both doors at the same time that display an old brick foyer with a large glass window at the opposite wall that reveals a large outdoor veranda.

This feature is also helpful for moving wide furniture into the home since the interior doors are 36"w. with wider arches to enter into the main living areas.
The builder added a feature just for me. It is a secreted steel reinforced closet with a system connected directly to the local police station. A light comes on automatically in the closet when the door is opened. It can be used a tornado shelter. We store bottled water and cracker nabs. It also has a safe in the secreted closet for valuables. Best insurance I could get. It's a wonderful comfort to know it's there if ever needed.

He was arrested in DC on March 23, 2015 for receiving stolen property.
There is no information on his employment / unemployment other than he worked at AIW prior to 2005.

Didn't MSM state early on that he was working at Home Depot? I might have imagined that. Even if it's so, that doesn't make a very impressive curriculum vitae. JMO

LOL> Now that I am in my mid-60's, my eyesight has gone downhill fast. I was driving the other day with my 23 yr old daughter, and totally misread a billboard. I tried to defend myself by saying that I could still still see things pretty well and my daughter said it's because now I just use my 'imagination' to see things. LOL :slap:

It does make for a more interesting life. Tonight I saw a rock and thought it was a coconut.

In your photo, the blue outline just happens to run into the man who is standing there. The blue line follows the horizontal plane of the door molding which goes into an interior room on the left it does not follow the horizontal top plane of the door.

If you look at the cropped picture that I posted, it is the left door of a split door. Look closely at the right side of the door. You can see the vertical false door jamb. If you look beyond the foyer, to the interior room on the left, you can see the definition from the crown molding of the interior room which runs up to the door.

I don't see it, but I'll take your word for it. As I said, eyes aren't what they used to be!

I also doubt that he ended up leaving with many valuables, other than the ransom money and the cells. I have not heard any mention of any missing Rolexes or diamond necklaces. .....
You've got to be kidding me. I'm certain those pockets on DW were jammin' - .

You got to be kidding me. I'm certain those pockets on DW were jammin' - .

I am not really sure. There was no mention in the SW's of them searching for any specific jewelry or gold watches or gold bars or anything. And this family might not have had anything small but valuable like that laying around. I bet he was too smart to take credit cards or checkbooks. I wouldn't be surprised if he only got away with the ransom cash and little else. JMO

th
...and anyway, what's up with the cross Dude???

I am not really sure. There was no mention in the SW's of them searching for any specific jewelry or gold watches or gold bars or anything. And this family might not have had anything small but valuable like that laying around. I bet he was too smart to take credit cards or checkbooks. I wouldn't be surprised if he only got away with the ransom cash and little else. JMO

No way! Birkin and Chanel bags, diamond engagement ring, diamond studs, watches, silver! He had plenty of time to gather a lot of valuables imo.

Agreeing w ^: no mention of jewelry, etc in SW's.

But wait a sec. When were those SW's issued? Early, like within a day or two of deaths? If so, did LE have time to gather details about jewelry? Any SW's issued since then? IDK.

ETA: I was thinking about later SW's for S home. But as rkf says, just below, LE did not list jewelry in "SW for Chevy and Amerit truck, a week after murders." Seems like a weeks later LE wd/hv/had time to nail down jewelry descriptions & detail to list in SW, but IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz