DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the HBO series The Wire set in Baltimore, the gang member(s) that were the flex (killers) carried a white bucket with all the killing debris inside.

yes, the Wire is what I was thinking of when I saw that white bucket, too. creepy connection.

My responses in red.
Contractors usually go to the nearest Home Depot/Lowes early in the morning to pick up folks on an as-needed basis, and usually not for skilled work but in cases where they really need an extra set of strong hands. They also have a 'regular' crew of skilled people with whom they have a long-term relationship. I think the day laborers usually only travel as far as the closest place they can to connect with contractors. It's doubtful that such work would show up on an employment history, and day laborers here are largely immigrants. At least that's the way it works down around where I live.
BBM. They do that in my area too.
This is from June 2011, before they did the renovations. Wonder if they installed a new system at that time.

I don't know that houses in that neighborhood would stick a sign in their yard saying "Protected by..." It is assumed they have high tech security systems, and might be considered "tacky". I doubt DW targeted the S family because he thought they might not have a security system. If there was a sign, it obviously didn't deter him.

Thanks for checking. Sometimes the alarm companies provide those signs and homeowners may/may not use them. Just thought if we knew the company we might be able to find out what features the system had etc
Appreciate your pics!
Okay, well I was broken into in May, and we just got a burglar alarm/security system installed. I plastered a sticker on every window and put up a sign on the front lawn- they gave us 3 signs. I don't care if it's tacky if it acts as a deterrent. The police department even recommends it. We don't know that Daron Wint even thought about whether they had one or not.
Pool cleaning chemicals too...
You'd find several white plastic buckets in our yard, Chlorine is sold in them, not uncommon, and yes guys do find other uses for the buckets. Also, in our break in, they stole two pillow cases of mine off of beds and a duffle bag though- not the buckets.
One more thought, though I didn't find the quote- I think the gold at the bottom of the front doors is kickplates, too low to be mail slots.

I'm wondering where Virgo88 has been? I wanted to know if she'll have the opportunity to go to preliminary (again) this Monday? I'll be taking the day off again (hopefully DW won't be pulling any BS) I so wish cameras were allowed in DC... I want to hear every word.

My responses in red.

Okay, well I was broken into in May, and we just got a burglar alarm/security system installed. I plastered a sticker on every window and put up a sign on the front lawn- they gave us 3 signs. I don't care if it's tacky if it acts as a deterrent. The police department even recommends it. We don't know that Daron Wint even thought about whether they had one or not.
You'd find several white plastic buckets in our yard, Chlorine is sold in them, not uncommon, and yes guys do find other uses for the buckets. Also, in our break in, they stole two pillow cases of mine off of beds and a duffle bag though- not the buckets.
One more thought, though I didn't find the quote- I think the gold at the bottom of the front doors is kickplates, too low to be mail slots.

I agree it looks like kick plates, but nothing on that door is where I would expect it to be!

Here's a photo that shows a closer view of some of the door. http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/47...t5lsV4Oesgs2XcUNK11bXo97T8HBh0m4kv1R/xNH5rg==

My responses in red.

Just out of curiosity, did they ransack your home?

You're not thinking like a man. When you get a clean 5 gal bucket you never throw it away. Just like Duct Tape, it has 1,001 uses.

Oh, dear. I'm very much a girlywoman and not only do I have two of these buckets, I have two rolls of Duct Tape, a drawerful of batteries, tools, etc. The tape is invaluable in ways other than just manly :/. The buckets can be found along roadsides everywhere in addition to being bought new and empty or filled with stuff. I admit nothing, but Costco sells 5-gallon buckets of frosting and fruit filling. It's possible that the bucket was already in the SS garage.

Just out of curiosity, did they ransack your home?

Yes they did, but they seemed to be in and out quick. We think we narrowed down their timeline to about 9 min. max. They jiggled the front door knob of my next door neighbor and he noticed it and the time, so we know approx when it happened, and my answering machine registered a call 9 min later, so they may have been scared off.

Thanks, I'm looking at what looks like a camera over the SS garage if the cameras captured anything. Not many cameras out there though, red arrow pointing to it. The picture in your link is much larger.

There was video on the news of investigators using fire ladder trucks to get to those cameras. I don't have a link, but remember seeing it on the news.

Few Qs. ...
**Did AS wear specific jewelry?? wedding ring, necklace, bracelet, watch.... things that could be identified??- wonder if local pawn shops checked ....
bbm sbm

IIRC, seems first few MSM pix of Mr S & Mrs S showed both wearing wedding rings & watches. Thinking some ppl here saved S fam SM pix and can enlarge to see distinctive features.

Oh, dear. I'm very much a girlywoman and not only do I have two of these buckets, I have two rolls of Duct Tape, a drawerful of batteries, tools, etc. The tape is invaluable in ways other than just manly :/. The buckets can be found along roadsides everywhere in addition to being bought new and empty or filled with stuff. I admit nothing, but Costco sells 5-gallon buckets of frosting and fruit filling. It's possible that the bucket was already in the SS garage.

I have used duct tape for some non-manly purposes, if you get my drift, but except when I worked at a Friendly's Restaurant, I have never seen a 5-gallon bucket of anything sweet (wishing I didn't know that as I search for my car keys and Cosco card).

I have used duct tape for some non-manly purposes, if you get my drift, but except when I worked at a Friendly's Restaurant, I have never seen a 5-gallon bucket of anything sweet (wishing I didn't know that as I search for my car keys and Cosco card).

Non-manly uses of duct tape, like ..........? TIA.

5 gal bucket + something sweet = Dunkin Donuts doughnut toppings. Just in case, it's closer than Costco. You're welcome.

Non-manly uses of duct tape, like ..........? TIA.

5 gal bucket + something sweet = Dunkin Donuts doughnut toppings. Just in case, it's closer than Costco. You're welcome.

LOL, didn't mean to be cryptic. Art projects, crafts, in addition to the usual DIYer stuff. I use it instead of clamps when I glue things together (rip a strip then press it down on fabric first to get some of the sticky off).
I've made a sort of "fabric" with it to make a quick tote bag (no sew), gift wrapping (for some guys and then adorn with odd bits), made a duct tape body form (sweaty, but perfectly me when done), I use it as labels with a Sharpie pen. I've temporarily hemmed skirts and jeans.

*homer simpson voice* Ooh, dooohnuuuuts. :D

Few Qs. ...

**Dates & times & bank on money orders? Seems a bank would find large amts of Cash turned into MO's suspicious by a strange lookingperson- unless this ring had a *banking* connection...

IDK if any one bank location was presented w large amts of cash - large being, imo, $10,000 or more, which triggers Currency Transaction Report* to IRS. IDK but wonder if banks commonly accept $10,000 currency from a non-accountholder to issue a cashier's check.

I was thinking about h
ow much time would it take to convert 40,000 currency to M/o’s? Seems like there would be metro DC neighborhoods, where C-stores etc wd/be close enough together for below to be feasible?

If 4 of DDW's chums started w $40,000 (if, if, if, not saying there was that much), they may have split up and
ea of 4 could have taken, say, $10,000 to buy from vendors selling M/o's max value $1000 (<--- limit for USPS M/o's). Each chum could have bought 10 x $1000 M/o's.

Total elapsed time, w ea purchaser buying w/out break, working at same time, and ea buying -
--- 10 min, x 10 buys................ = 100 min or 1 hr & 40 min
--- 15 .......x 10....................... = 150 min or 2 hr & 30 min.
--- 20........x 10....................... = 200 min or 3 hr & 20 min.
(Math teachers out there? Feel free to check arithmetic and if wrong, flunk me.)

IOW, not long, imo. And if DDW had provided less currency - say, $20,000, then even less time.

* PDF 104 Currency TransactionReport - Internal Revenue&#8230;

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/fin104_ctr.pdf

I apologize...I'm the one who assumed the Bentley was one of the least driven. I made that assumption, with no basis, whatsoever. If the Mosler and Bentley were in fact, the two most expensive cars, I can see why they would be kept in the garage. I have no idea how much a Bentley costs. What is the price range for the model that S family owned? I still think there's a possibility that it may be in the garage. I would think they would utilize the space in the garage, especially with all those vehicles...one less vehicle sitting in the driveway, out of the elements, and less accessible to thieves.
I'm not sure the Bentley was the least driven car. There have been a number of photos showing it at AIW and JW took a photo of himself in the driver's seat. Never saw a photo of JW in the driver's seat of the Mosler, even though he said he drove it on at least two occasions.

Maybe the left garage door didn't open - broken or by design. Could have to do with why LE was so interested in JW's story about putting money in the garage.

image.jpg
Another beautiful day

Only a few more days until the prelim

I apologize...I'm the one who assumed the Bentley was one of the least driven. I made that assumption, with no basis, whatsoever. If the Mosler and Bentley were in fact, the two most expensive cars, I can see why they would be kept in the garage. I have no idea how much a Bentley costs. What is the price range for the model that S family owned? I still think there's a possibility that it may be in the garage. I would think they would utilize the space in the garage, especially with all those vehicles...one less vehicle sitting in the driveway, out of the elements, and less accessible to thieves.

What a pain to get to a car with several others parked behind! I would never bother with that, even if I drove a Mosler.

LOL, didn't mean to be cryptic. Art projects, crafts, in addition to the usual DIYer stuff. I use it instead of clamps when I glue things together (rip a strip then press it down on fabric first to get some of the sticky off).
I've made a sort of "fabric" with it to make a quick tote bag (no sew), gift wrapping (for some guys and then adorn with odd bits), made a duct tape body form (sweaty, but perfectly me when done), I use it as labels with a Sharpie pen. I've temporarily hemmed skirts and jeans.

*homer simpson voice* Ooh, dooohnuuuuts. :D

Oh I was thinking in lieu of bra or double sided fashion tape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member