DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering the same thing, about the Bentley. I have seen pics inside the right side garage area, but can't find any, for the left side. There were some pics of the forensic team, looking at the safe in the garage, but none that are to the left, of that area. I've been wondering if that's where the Bentley is/was parked. When the media was taking pics, they obviously kept the left side garage door closed, but had the right side door opened. Could it be the Bentley was parked in the left side, and is now missing? Did LE leave that door closed for a reason? Could the Bentley be missing, and they aren't ready to disclose that to the media/public? Another mystery, in this very difficult puzzle. So much money in the garage and driveway (vehicles)...a lot more than 40K. SS would've given the keys freely, and he/they would've had plenty of time to move those vehicles, before they were even reported missing. If he acted alone, it would make more sense, that the vehicles are still there, besides the Porsche. Where is that Bentley???
I have not seen any photos showing the Bentley. Are we 100% sure it's accounted for and didn't go missing during the crimes?

I'm not sure the bucket in the video is devoid of any labeling. When I first saw the video, I enlarged it and thought I saw a label or writing, but I couldn't read it. Also, when I first saw the clip, I thought the body looked more like a woman and I thought s/he moved the bucket from one hand to the other because it was heavy. Just my observations which may be/probably are wrong.

It has writing on both sides. I can't make out what it says, but it may be enough to compare to other buckets, chemical or paint containers.

White bucket.jpg

We (women), do need to think like a man, Lol...and like a criminal, to figure this thing out.
You're not thinking like a man. When you get a clean 5 gal bucket you never throw it away. Just like Duct Tape, it has 1,001 uses.

I have not seen any photos showing the Bentley. Are we 100% sure it's accounted for and didn't go missing during the crimes?

I have asked about that a bunch. I think it's weird that there has been NO mention by LE or MSM. That may have been the most valuable of all the cars. JMO

I've been wondering the same thing, about the Bentley. I have seen pics inside the right side garage area, but can't find any, for the left side. There were some pics of the forensic team, looking at the safe in the garage, but none that are to the left, of that area. I've been wondering if that's where the Bentley is/was parked. When the media was taking pics, they obviously kept the left side garage door closed, but had the right side door opened. Could it be the Bentley was parked in the left side, and is now missing? Did LE leave that door closed for a reason? Could the Bentley be missing, and they aren't ready to disclose that to the media/public? Another mystery, in this very difficult puzzle. So much money in the garage and driveway (vehicles)...a lot more than 40K. SS would've given the keys freely, and he/they would've had plenty of time to move those vehicles, before they were even reported missing. If he acted alone, it would make more sense, that the vehicles are still there, besides the Porsche. Where is that Bentley???

If the Bentley were missing there would have been a police bulletin asking for the public's help in finding it.

Question: Has anyone figured out DW's primary residence? Was he staying in NY with the girlfriend and traveling to DC to hang with the family? Just staying with the parents or sister maybe? Was Lanham his main base of operations while in the DC area?

I can't provide a link but I remembering hearing/reading that he was living with his sister. Honestly it seems like he just couch-surfed. Maybe he couldn't afford to contribute to wherever he was staying so was not welcome for an extended period. Or he ended up threatening to kill whoever he was staying with. Or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that it was parked in the left bay of the garage, before the crime. The Mosler was inside the garage, on the right. It would make sense to have the two most expensive, least driven vehicles, parked inside. It appears that the Audi and Range Rovers were towed away, but the Mosler was left inside the garage. For some unknown reason, LE kept left garage door closed...hence, no pics. I'm guessing that the Bentley was parked in the garage, before the crime. I'm also guessing that it's still sitting in the garage, or it was stolen. Has any one seen any pics with the left garage door open? I could be way off base, but if that door has not been opened, we can speculate that it could be in the garage.
I have asked about that a bunch. I think it's weird that there has been NO mention by LE or MSM. That may have been the most valuable of all the cars. JMO

I wonder if there was gas found on DW's shoes. I don't remember hearing so, but then again, we have not heard much of anything.

I can't provide a link but I remembering hearing/reading that he was living with his sister. Honestly it seems like he just couch-surfed. Maybe he couldn't afford to contribute to wherever he was staying so was not welcome for an extended period. Or he ended up threatening to kill whoever he was staying with. Or both.

The address he gave at arraignment is the address of his sister.

Skigirl, I found a pic of Bentley in front of AIW. ((I can't seem to attach
photos from my iPad on this forum(or emojis)) just google Savvas Savopoulos Bentley and look through the images. It's Drk blue.

Do you know when the photo was taken?

Attachments

• camera2.jpg
    camera2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 110
If the Bentley were missing there would have been a police bulletin asking for the public's help in finding it.

Depends on whether the police knew where it landed after it left the house, if it left the house, and whether they wanted the public to know it was missing.

Maybe it's just a very simple reason. He had stuff to carry and saw a bucket in the garage and used that. No pre-planning involved.

Agreeing, a bucket may have been chosen based on easy availability.

But azz-uming driver was involved in planning robbery (+/- what-ev planned) & was present earlier at S home,
did driver plan to carry only low-volume, low weight currency from S home or larger, heavier volume of 'stuff'?
Anticipate need for container to carry 'stuff'?

If so, why not backpack or duffel? Maybe because he thought -
- man w backpack might look out-of-place if/when/where he would be a pedestrian?
- man wearing green safety vest + bucket = inconspicuous as pedestrian in given neighborhood?
Did perp(s) put that ^ degree of planning into these crimes? IDK.

ETA: If driver (et al?) did not bring container to S home & thought about using pillowcase, seems he wd/hv/realized, that ppl wd recognize it as the burglar's classic standby. (TYVM to poster who mentioned pillowcase, forgot who. )

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

I have looked through a lot of things and cannot find any reference to LE looking for a police scanner. I saw a suggestion that perps may have been listening in a *comment* to a news article. So, it appears that I created a false memory and I have demonstrated why you have to be careful about relying on memory in solving crimes. My apologies for creating that bit of misinformation.

I did find, a few minutes ago (http://www.popville.com/2015/05/homicidearson-investigation-in-the-3200-block-of-woodland-drive-nw/) an early appeal to the public for information about sightings of the Porsche between 10:30 and 5:30 on 5/14, which I thought was interesting. I suppose it's possible that someone took the car right after the money drop. That would leave time to get to, say, Chantilly, VA for a little bit of shopping.

Another thing I thought was interesting was this phone video of the fire: [video=youtube;BrHe-NHyDEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrHe-NHyDEA[/video]
One can see a few bystanders in the foreground at :05-07.

Oh, and in going through the search warrants again, I noticed that whenever LE describe the photo of the money, they mention a "red lined bag" and when they refer to JW's second account of the money pick-up, they say he put the money in his "red bag". There is no mention of a money/currency bag. I think the reason the warrants talk about the lining of the bag is that the pictures only showed the inside of the bag and the money.

I agree, and appreciate, as well. Comparing theories and brainstorming together, helps me think outside the box. I'm still on the fence, with several issues. My initial thoughts were that this was a robbery, that turned into much more. The more that we probe into this, I'm wondering if the original plan was revenge torture/murder. This went way beyond a robbery gone bad. IMO, this was personal. The brutality was excessive, with a family that appeared to be cooperating with demands. I have assumed all along that he didn't have a gun, but that is not necessarily the case. He may have used the gun to gain entry or for control purposes only. He may not have wanted to use the gun for the killings, for a couple of reasons. One such reason could be that he enjoyed the torture and brutality of using knives, swords, bats, etc. Using the gun for control, makes some sense to me. If (a big if),he acted alone, I keep questioning how he could pull this off with just a knife and other items he found inside the home. Mr. S had 20 years of martial arts and sword training. I do realize he used PS for control, but if he acted alone, it would be so much more difficult. I've always thought in order to do that, he would have to have another accomplice in the room with PS, that he could threaten SS,"if you get out of line, or don't cooperate, my friend in the other room, will inflict pain on your boy". I don't know...nothing in this case makes sense. I'm trying to brainstorm all possibilities. I have never thought the initial motivation was for the vehicles. I feel if is was, he/they would have accomplished that. Those vehicles, more than likely were parked in the driveway every night. He could have checked them out, on any given night...as far as walking by, looking inside to see if they were automatic or stick. We have three RR in our family. None of them are stick. That's not to say they don't have that option. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know if they offer that option on RR. Nonetheless, I feel that if the vehicles were the main draw, they would've taken them. Mr. S would have given them the keys, if for nothing else, hoping they would take them and leave. Both RR looked fairly new. That's well over 200K sitting in the driveway. IMO, it would have been the easiest to pull off. As far as the security camera, I imagine that was probably one of the first orders of business, after entering the house. IMO, he had already forced AS to shut it down, before SS came home. He is a seasoned criminal; therefore, knew he had to take care of that situation, first thing. This case is mind-boggling!!! LE needs to throw us a bone...give us a little more to work with, Lol. I [/I]

He might not have wanted to use a gun because of sound. Also, the problem with a gun, is if someone got it away from him, they might use it on him. If I was able to wrest someone's knife away from them, I'd be less likely to try to stab them with it. A gun can be used from further away. I think he DID enjoy using the close-up weapons. Maybe he used his bb gun to gain control, since it might look real. I still can't imagine how he was able to control three people before tying them up. Maybe he took VF first, led her at gun or knife point to the garage (or wherever) where they found the duct tape, and the rest was easy. The fact that PS was kept in a separate room makes it seem like there would be more than one perp. Why keep the three adults in one room together, and PS alone? Was it because DW wanted privacy to assault PS? Did he think torturing him outside his parents' eyesight would make it more effective for manipulating them? How could DW monitor SS on the phone while remaining an immediate threat to PS in the other room? It's not impossible, but seems he would have to be too far away from one or the other to take immediate action if SS called for help while on the phone.

I simply cannot wrap my mind around DW going to the house for the purposed of torturing and murdering this family - assuming here VF was not an intended target. He could have gained the parents' cooperation with much less mutilation/torture of PS than he apparently inflicted, so why did PS suffer the worst treatment? PS wasn't even alive when DW worked at AIW. Was SS the CEO in 2005 or was his dad still in that position?

Depends on whether the police knew where it landed after it left the house, if it left the house, and whether they wanted the public to know it was missing.

I'm not sure the Bentley was the least driven car. There have been a number of photos showing it at AIW and JW took a photo of himself in the driver's seat. Never saw a photo of JW in the driver's seat of the Mosler, even though he said he drove it on at least two occasions.

Maybe the left garage door didn't open - broken or by design. Could have to do with why LE was so interested in JW's story about putting money in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz