DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• French Door.png
    French Door.png
    316 KB · Views: 117
[QUOTE=CrimeNeverPays;11925902]Few Qs. ...
**Dates & times & bank on money orders? Seems a bank would find large amts of Cash turned into MO's suspicious by a strange lookingperson- unless this ring had a *banking* connection...
. bbm sbm
al66pine said:
IDK if any one bank location was presented w large amts of cash - large being, imo, $10,000 or more, which triggers Currency Transaction Report* to IRS. IDK but wonder if banks commonly accept $10,000 currency from a non-accountholder to issue a cashier's check.
al66pine said:

I was thinking about h
ow much time would it take to convert 40,000 currency to M/o’s? Seems like there would be metro DC neighborhoods, where C-stores etc wd/be close enough together for below to be feasible?

If 4 of DDW's chums started w $40,000 (if, if, if, not saying there was that much), they may have split up and
ea of 4 could have taken, say, $10,000 to buy from vendors selling M/o's max value $1000 (<--- limit for USPS M/o's). Each chum could have bought 10 x $1000 M/o's.

Total elapsed time, w ea purchaser buying w/out break, working at same time, and ea buying -
--- 10 min, x 10 buys................ = 100 min or 1 hr & 40 min
--- 15 .......x 10....................... = 150 min or 2 hr & 30 min.
--- 20........x 10....................... = 200 min or 3 hr & 20 min.
(Math teachers out there? Feel free to check arithmetic and if wrong, flunk me.)

IOW, not long, imo. And if DDW had provided less currency - say, $20,000, then even less time.

* PDF 104 Currency TransactionReport - Internal Revenue&#8230;

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/fin104_ctr.pdf

Thanks for the calculations but they had the money for six days, no rush to convert it.

Oh I was thinking in lieu of bra or double sided fashion tape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it's not actually double sided...:thinking:

Oh, dear. I'm very much a girlywoman and not only do I have two of these buckets, I have two rolls of Duct Tape, a drawerful of batteries, tools, etc. The tape is invaluable in ways other than just manly :/. The buckets can be found along roadsides everywhere in addition to being bought new and empty or filled with stuff. I admit nothing, but Costco sells 5-gallon buckets of frosting and fruit filling. It's possible that the bucket was already in the SS garage.

Everyone has those buckets...I have some & don't even know how they got there?? construction people & painters leave them behind & no one likes to throw them away !!!
Maybe DW ~borrowed~ those buckets when he worked at AIW & just now got around to using them. hem...hem... But most likely just out of SS garage...

Tried to get a view on google earth to see which side of the church the hooded figure was running with the bucket & couldn't get close enough on google earth to match the video. Wish someone in the area would take a go pro video & have someone recreate the scene & post it. Honestly I don't recognize DW in the picture because I cant see him holding his shirt up taking a selfie of his abs.... oh well.

Check all the picts of DW... he is wearing fancy jewelry in most of them including what looks like large diamond earrings in one pict..... these guys normally don't wear faker bling. The earrings are so large look like they could have come 2nd hand. Fancy watches, necklaces, he must have an appetite for this stuff. Seems like a lot of bling for someone coming here from Guyana & mostly out of work.....

Check all the picts of DW... he is wearing fancy jewelry in most of them including what looks like large diamond earrings in one pict..... these guys normally don't wear faker bling. The earrings are so large look like they could have come 2nd hand. Fancy watches, necklaces, he must have an appetite for this stuff. Seems like a lot of bling for someone coming here from Guyana & mostly out of work.....

He was arrested in DC on March 23, 2015 for receiving stolen property.
There is no information on his employment / unemployment other than he worked at AIW prior to 2005.

I apologize...I'm the one who assumed the Bentley was one of the least driven. I made that assumption, with no basis, whatsoever. If the Mosler and Bentley were in fact, the two most expensive cars, I can see why they would be kept in the garage. I have no idea how much a Bentley costs. What is the price range for the model that S family owned? I still think there's a possibility that it may be in the garage. I would think they would utilize the space in the garage, especially with all those vehicles...one less vehicle sitting in the driveway, out of the elements, and less accessible to thieves.

No apology necessary! It's a reasonable assumption. I have just seen it pictured several times, which makes me think it was driven as frequently as some of the others (probably more than the Mosler). Someone else here knows about the specific Bentley. It's apparently a larger model than the most common one, making it more valuable. Hopefully the person who knows about the car will chime in.

It is weird that the left garage door never seems to be open. If it wasn't functional, the Bentley probably wouldn't be in there. I looked for the photo taken at an angle that seemed to show more of the garage (and no car other than the Mosler inside) but I can't find it. I haven't heard it mentioned in MSM at all. Odd...

It is two doors. In this cropped picture there is only one column of panels, i.e. the left side of a split door.
Also the architects plans show split door.
View attachment 78135View attachment 78136

It is a split door on the architect's drawing, but I believe this is one of those false double doors. I have friends whose house in Georgetown has one. I've outlined what appears to be the door in the earlier photo. I will look for other photos to see if I can find one with half the double door open.
door edge20.jpg

When I zoom in, I can't even tell if either garage door is open! My eyes aren't what they used to be.

LOL> Now that I am in my mid-60's, my eyesight has gone downhill fast. I was driving the other day with my 23 yr old daughter, and totally misread a billboard. I tried to defend myself by saying that I could still still see things pretty well and my daughter said it's because now I just use my 'imagination' to see things. LOL :slap:

It is a split door on the architect's drawing, but I believe this is one of those false double doors. I have friends whose house in Georgetown has one. I've outlined what appears to be the door in the earlier photo. I will look for other photos to see if I can find one with half the double door open.
View attachment 78149

In your photo, the blue outline just happens to run into the man who is standing there. The blue line follows the horizontal plane of the door molding which goes into an interior room on the left it does not follow the horizontal top plane of the door.

If you look at the cropped picture that I posted, it is the left door of a split door. Look closely at the right side of the door. You can see the vertical false door jamb. If you look beyond the foyer, to the interior room on the left, you can see the definition from the crown molding of the interior room which runs up to the door.

When I zoom in, I can't even tell if either garage door is open! My eyes aren't what they used to be.

I hear ya! Without zooming, I thought they both looked like they could be open, but when I zoomed in I couldn't tell either, especially about that left one. But, I did find this from NT's blog, which I think had been posted numerous times, or at least referenced. (I find myself forgetting things that have been covered on earlier threads so I apologize for the redundancy.)

"Davies, who confirmed that the garage housed one car&#8211;Savopoulos&#8217;s $700,000 red Mosler racing car&#8211;said that when he accessed the garage, he would enter the front door of the Savopoulos residence and enter the garage from the kitchen. &#8220;Even the door inside the house to the garage was locked and required a remote control to enter the garage.&#8221;

http://www.nate-thayer.com/owner-do...ized-from-jordan-wallace-in-d-c-murder-probe/

This man definitely knows a lot about the residence.

From my earlier post, re how long converting wd/take:
"~ ... If 4 of DDW's chums started w $40,000 ... 10 min/buy x 10 buys = 100 min or ... or 20 min = 3 hr & 20 min.
IOW, not long
, imo. And if DDW had provided less currency - say, $20,000, then even less time."

[/QUOTE] facundoThanks for the calculations but they had the money for six days, no rush to convert it.[/QUOTE] bbm

Agreeing: if DDW provided $ to chums on Thurs or Friday, no rush to convert.

Did DD provide $ to his chums, before leaving metro DC? Any MSM from LE on that?
From m/order issue dates, LE sh/know date of earliest purchase and wd then know if he gave them $ before leaving.
OTOH, did DDW keep $ until returning to metro area? For whatever reason, e.g. to flash at NY GF or chums, look for a big drug score, insufficient trust in chums, etc. If so, he may have felt the heat soon after his return and been in a rush to convert.
Why provide on Thurs/Fri or why wait until he returned? Is there significance in his timing? IDK.

And if ^ possibility is out of whack w known chronology, forgive me, depending too much on memory, without timeline handy. Not my theory, just a possibility.

"~ ... If 4 of DDW's chums started w $40,000 ... 10 min/buy x 10 buys = 100 min or ... or 20 min = 3 hr & 20 min.
IOW, not long
, imo. And if DDW had provided less currency - say, $20,000, then even less time."
facundoThanks for the calculations but they had the money for six days, no rush to convert it.[/QUOTE] bbm

Did DD provide $ to his chums, before leaving metro DC? Any MSM from LE on that?
From m/order issue dates, LE sh/know date of earliest purchase and wd then know if he gave them $ before leaving.
OTOH, did DDW keep $ until returning to metro area? For whatever reason, e.g. to flash at NY GF or chums, look for a big drug score, insufficient trust in chums, etc. If so, he may have felt the heat soon after his return and been in a rush to convert.
Why provide on Thurs/Fri or why wait until he returned? Is there significance in his timing? IDK.

(And if ^ possibility is out of whack w known chronology, forgive me, depending too much on memory, without timeline handy. Not my theory, just a possibility.)[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I feel like money was never DW's to do with as he pleased. If it was he wouldn't trust so many people being involved. Seems like a trusted gang and I'm sure they had debts which might have precipitated this- owing money up the chain of command.

IOW, not long
facundoThanks for the calculations but they had the money for six days, no rush to convert it.
BondGirl said:
bbm

And if ^ possibility is out of whack w known chronology, forgive me, depending too much on memory, without timeline handy. Not my theory, just a possibility.

Wint was seen at his parent's house on the day after the crime, i.e. 15 May. He didn't arrive in New York until 20 May where he spent the night at his girlfriend's house. Police raided the girlfriend's house on 21 May and just missed him because he had fled to take a cab back to DC where he was arrested at 11:00 p.m. and booked on 22 May. He had several days in DC before he went to NY.

Facundo, do you have a picture of the second floor plan? If you've posted it previously, I must have overlooked it. I've been intending on asking if anyone had a pic they could post, of second floor. Would you mind posting it, if you have it? Thank you :)
It is two doors. In this cropped picture there is only one column of panels, i.e. the left side of a split door.
Also the architects plans show split door.
View attachment 78135View attachment 78136

Facundo, do you have a picture of the second floor plan? If you've posted it previously, I must have overlooked it. I've been intending on asking if anyone had a pic they could post, of second floor. Would you mind posting it, if you have it? Thank you :)

This appears to be second floor. It is difficult to make out the writing but the room arrangement coincides with first floor.

Floor Plan 4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member