DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those brass rectangles at the bottom of the doors kick plates or mail slots?

I just thought of something else ... I cannot even see a door knob or dead bolt ... but anyway does anyone know if there is a mail slot or mailbox and where it is located?

If DW was there around 22 hours I would think a postal employee would have been at the home to deliver mail one of the days, as Wint was there, depending what time their mail usually arrives.

Also is the back yard fenced in? If not wouldn't the dogs get out?

TIA.

I liked the poster /post (rkf) where they said we learn from each other ..... play off one another .. think of things we might not otherwise without each other. I did not even think about a mailman / mailwoman until I was looking at the door.

ETA: added rkf

What a team!!! Let's see justice for dear Savvas, Amy, Phillip and Vera and all their surviving family and friends.

Yes, here is a picture of one bucket.
View attachment 78037

Just remembered when we moved here......these were in the garage from contractors.
69ddf53133c95227328233cfc81041a9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dead bolt is on the inside of the door. The key slot for the dead bolt is the small round brass fixture on the right hand door at about eye level. The door knob is in the right hand door center panel.

Thanks for info. I was concerned if mail was delivered anywhere near that front door. We can tell which room was Phillips based on the fire (left of front door) and the others in the room to the right of the door which I also believe has windows on the side of the home facing the garage. (Maybe could see the dropoff of money) ... so then we know the window right over the door is the jack-and-jill bathroom. Someone mentioned a few threads ago that 20/20 mentioned a floor plan. The JNJ bathroom would connect the two bedrooms. These bathrooms do not always have a third access door to the hallway. Sometimes a bathroom like this would only have access through either bedroom.

The postal worker would have been right under these rooms if the mail slot/box is near the front door and not near the street or something.

The second bedroom was probably also Phillips as the bat was found in this closet. Maybe it was a guest room for his friends or media /play /entertainment /sports /collection room.

Did the cameras across at the OZ Embassy (if it is on that side) film anything? Wouldn't lights have to have been ON throughout the night in those rooms in the front.

I believe the poster said 20/20 mentioned the girls rooms were on the 3rd floor.

Amy and Savvas ' large master bedroom was nearer the back and left so I would think would be all those windows on the left side (set back).

I guess I am trying to figure out who might have heard/seen something. Lights on all night .... and all this horror in the FRONT of the house I would think would be more noticeable. Or how brazen of Wint ... incomprehensible but then I would not expect any of us to understand his sick, twisted mind ... I am so riled up about this my heart just aches.

The pizza delivery person said there were no lights on in the house (visible to him/her) except the porch light. So all the rooms in the front must have had lights out at night.

The white bucket baffles me as well. I can't see it being used for any accelerant.......you could put gasoline in a spray bottle and it would be enough to get a fire going. You know? And why take a stupid bucket? Doesn't even look like anything was in it when you see him running. He wasn't even struggling to carry it. Seemed empty.

Did it have writing on it or UPC code that would've been traceable to him......or the contractor? I assumed they dumped a huge bucket of gas up the S steps to second floor and dumped most on PS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I wonder if there's a painting contractor in the family. Who has buckets like that except painting contractors and gold miners?

blessedlife - seeing several 5 gal buckets being carried from DDW's father's house suggests he or household resident has job connection, making these avail to them. But other ppl without a job tie like that often have a similar bucket or two around the house - like some below.

Tex Mex listed another use: "Pool cleaning chemicals too..."

I found a few more:
-"Cleaning, carrying tools and storage." (per uline.com)
- Food services/food packaging (pickles, pastry frosting, etc)
- Goods sold in ~5 gal plastic buckets(Sam's Club, Costco)
- Hardware & home imp. stores sell them empty, as just buckets.
- Builder/contractor supplies, like stucco, flat-roofing coatings.

blessedlife - seeing several 5 gal buckets being carried from DDW's father's house suggests he or household resident has job connection, making these avail to them. But other ppl without a job tie like that often have a similar bucket or two around the house - like some below.

Tex Mex listed another use: "Pool cleaning chemicals too..."

I found a few more:
-"Cleaning, carrying tools and storage." (per uline.com)
- Food services/food packaging (pickles, pastry frosting, etc)
- Goods sold in ~5 gal plastic buckets (Sam's Club, Costco)
- Hardware & home imp. stores sell them.

Thank you.

Did it have writing on it or UPC code that would've been traceable to him......or the contractor? I assumed they dumped a huge bucket of gas up the S steps to second floor and dumped most on PS.

The buckets recovered looked generic. Like those you could buy at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. the buckets recovered were blank. The video that LE says is Wint (I say Big Foot) also seems void of any description.....as if they were empty. Even if you buy paint, chemicals, etc, there HAS to be an OSHA label attached describing all kinds of crap.

The buckets recovered looked generic. Like those you could buy at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. the buckets recovered were blank. The video that LE says is Wint (I say Big Foot) also seems void of any description.....as if they were empty. Even if you buy paint, chemicals, etc, there HAS to be an OSHA label attached describing all kinds of crap.

I still cannot, for the life of me, understand why that person chose a big awkward bucket to run with. It is just such an odd choice. I can't wait for the trial, just to find out what was in there and why it wasn't left in the torched car.

I have also wondered if the Porsche was maybe parked in that lot around 2 pm. And the driver went home and stashed whatever and did whatever...and then got nervous about leaving the car there and decided to run bAck and torch it?

Could he have used bucket to throw gas on car and throw a match? Or would fire be started inside car? If on top of car then that may be why wasn't in it. Also this perp may not have had the keys---maybe someone else drove it earlier?

Could he have used bucket to throw gas on car and throw a match? Or would fire be started inside car? If on top of car then that may be why wasn't in it. Also this perp may not have had the keys---maybe someone else drove it earlier?

I would think he'd pour the gas inside the car--that's where his prints and DNA would be if he was trying to get rid of that evidence. And it would be easier to go unnoticed if he started it inside the car first. But who knows?

True about the keys. But I think DW was the driver of the Porsche and he used it to leave the burning home. JMO

Maybe it's just a very simple reason. He had stuff to carry and saw a bucket in the garage and used that. No pre-planning involved.

Just remembered when we moved here......these were in the garage from contractors.

Just seeing those gave me a PTSD flashback to all the work we had going on here last summer. We had a basement full of white buckets, discarded tools, construction detritus, permit box, sawed-off pipes and other construction junk that didn't go away until I threatened the contractor with not getting a chance to bid on our next job six months after they were finished enough that I wanted nothing more than to not see them for a little while. But it reminded me how much STUFF comes in, or is mixed in, those white buckets, from the cement for our foundation work, to the interior and exterior paint. From the pictures outside the garage, it looks like the S family had a bunch of yet-to-be-removed detritus from the last job on their house, too.

Some discussion, but IIRC, no hive-mind consensus on how.

(Maybe someone's memory on this is better than mine. No, absolutely, positively, someone's memory is better than mine. Likely, most everyone else's memory is better than mine. LOL. :laughing:)

Not mine. Mine is like...uh...uh...what's that thing you use to strain spaghetti? What are we talking about again?

Just seeing those gave me a PTSD flashback to all the work we had going on here last summer. We had a basement full of white buckets, discarded tools, construction detritus, permit box, sawed-off pipes and other construction junk that didn't go away until I threatened the contractor with not getting a chance to bid on our next job six months after they were finished enough that I wanted nothing more than to not see them for a little while. But it reminded me how much STUFF comes in, or is mixed in, those white buckets, from the cement for our foundation work, to the interior and exterior paint. From the pictures outside the garage, it looks like the S family had a bunch of yet-to-be-removed detritus from the last job on their house, too.

I think so too, it looked like left over construction stuff. Signs, concrete blocks, junk. I saw no evidence of any current construction going on at the residence.

BTW: Did you have a large roll of duct tape among your collection of stuff?

Not mine. Mine is like...uh...uh...what's that thing you use to strain spaghetti? What are we talking about again?

A motorcycle helmet?

image.jpg
Huevos Divorciados

Less than a week til prelim
Tomorrow marks nine weeks since home invasion

Does anyone have a quick link to the voicemail mentioning bill? I have never heard this second voicemail.

TIA

On the HBO series The Wire set in Baltimore, the gang member(s) that were the flex (killers) carried a white bucket with all the killing debris inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1