DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3201 Woodland Dr. NW

This is from June 2011, before they did the renovations. Wonder if they installed a new system at that time.

I don't know that houses in that neighborhood would stick a sign in their yard saying "Protected by..." It is assumed they have high tech security systems, and might be considered "tacky". I doubt DW targeted the S family because he thought they might not have a security system. If there was a sign, it obviously didn't deter him.

3201 Woodland Dr. NW

Can someone help an inept sleuther out? In a quick spin, did not find alarm co. sign. Anybody spot it? Where?

Anyone recognize the silvery-metallic object at entry, at top of stairs, left side of doors? A planter or garden type object?

Lock seems high on the rather narrow pair of doors (if my eyes are not deceiving me). Earlier was there a question about another S home door w atypically placed hardware? Was it resolved as being the kicked-at side door w a broken pane? Or?

Thx in adv.

3201 Woodland Dr. NW
3201 Woodland Dr 2014.jpg

This is from June 2011, before they did the renovations. Wonder if they installed a new system at that time.

I don't know that houses in that neighborhood would stick a sign in their yard saying "Protected by..." It is assumed they have high tech security systems, and might be considered "tacky". I doubt DW targeted the S family because he thought they might not have a security system. If there was a sign, it obviously didn't deter him.

Here is 2014. Appears to me like no changes.

Can someone help an inept sleuther out? In a quick spin, did not find alarm co. signAnybody spot it? Where? Do not see one.

Anyone recognize the silvery-metallic object at entry, at top of stairs, left side of doors? A planter or garden type object? Looks like a planter.

Lock seems high on the rather narrow pair of doors (if my eyes are not deceiving me). Earlier was there a question about another S home door w atypically placed hardware? Was it resolved as being the kicked-at side door w a broken pane? Or? Looks like a dead bolt lock as the door handle does not look like it includes a lock.

Thx in adv.

My answers are in RED above in quoted post.

1&2&3 said:
Can someone help an inept sleuther out? In a quick spin, did not find alarm co. sign. Anybody spot it? Where?

Anyone recognize the silvery-metallic object at entry, at top of stairs, left side of doors? A planter or garden type object?

Lock seems high on the rather narrow pair of doors (if my eyes are not deceiving me). Earlier was there a question about another S home door w atypically placed hardware? Was it resolved as being the kicked-at side door w a broken pane? Or?

Thx in adv.

3201 Woodland Dr. NW
There is not alarm co. sign.
The metal object is a brass pot. May have been filled with sand for smokers.
The lock is higher than most door knobs but actually more practical at eye level.
The french door with the foot print was at the end of the house.

3201 Woodland Dr. NW
There is not alarm co. sign.
The metal object is a brass pot. May have been filled with sand for smokers.
The lock is higher than most door knobs but actually more practical at eye level.
The french door with the foot print was at the end of the house.

Thanks for checking. Sometimes the alarm companies provide those signs and homeowners may/may not use them. Just thought if we knew the company we might be able to find out what features the system had etc
Appreciate your pics!

I just thought of something else ... I cannot even see a door knob or dead bolt ... but anyway does anyone know if there is a mail slot or mailbox and where it is located?

If DW was there around 22 hours I would think a postal employee would have been at the home to deliver mail one of the days, as Wint was there, depending what time their mail usually arrives.

Also is the back yard fenced in? If not wouldn't the dogs get out?

TIA.

I liked the poster /post (rkf) where they said we learn from each other ..... play off one another .. think of things we might not otherwise without each other. I did not even think about a mailman / mailwoman until I was looking at the door.

ETA: added rkf

What a team!!! Let's see justice for dear Savvas, Amy, Phillip and Vera and all their surviving family and friends.

I just thought of something else ... I cannot even see a door knob or dead bolt ... but anyway does anyone know if there is a mail slot or mailbox and where it is located?

If DW was there around 22 hours I would think a postal employee would have been at the home to deliver mail one of the days, as Wint was there, depending what time their mail usually arrives.

Also is the back yard fenced in? If not wouldn't the dogs get out?

TIA.

I liked the poster /post where they said we learn from each other ... I did not even think about a mailman / mailwoman until I was looking at the door.
Dead bolt is on the inside of the door. The key slot for the dead bolt is the small round brass fixture on the right hand door at about eye level. The door knob is in the right hand door center panel. No mail slot is visible on the door but could be on the right or left elcove wall. Back yard is not fenced. IMO Dogs were restrained by invisible fence.

Dead bolt is on the inside of the door. The key slot for the dead bolt is the small round brass fixture on the right hand door at about eye level. The door knob is in the right hand door center panel.

Thanks for info. I was concerned if mail was delivered anywhere near that front door. We can tell which room was Phillips based on the fire (left of front door) and the others in the room to the right of the door which I also believe has windows on the side of the home facing the garage. (Maybe could see the dropoff of money) ... so then we know the window right over the door is the jack-and-jill bathroom. Someone mentioned a few threads ago that 20/20 mentioned a floor plan. The JNJ bathroom would connect the two bedrooms. These bathrooms do not always have a third access door to the hallway. Sometimes a bathroom like this would only have access through either bedroom.

The postal worker would have been right under these rooms if the mail slot/box is near the front door and not near the street or something.

The second bedroom was probably also Phillips as the bat was found in this closet. Maybe it was a guest room for his friends or media /play /entertainment /sports /collection room.

Did the cameras across at the OZ Embassy (if it is on that side) film anything? Wouldn't lights have to have been ON throughout the night in those rooms in the front.

I believe the poster said 20/20 mentioned the girls rooms were on the 3rd floor.

Amy and Savvas ' large master bedroom was nearer the back and left so I would think would be all those windows on the left side (set back).

I guess I am trying to figure out who might have heard/seen something. Lights on all night .... and all this horror in the FRONT of the house I would think would be more noticeable. Or how brazen of Wint ... incomprehensible but then I would not expect any of us to understand his sick, twisted mind ... I am so riled up about this my heart just aches.

Has there been discussion on how DW arrived at the S residence?

Has there been discussion on how DW arrived at the S residence?

Some discussion, but IIRC, no hive-mind consensus on how.

(Maybe someone's memory on this is better than mine. No, absolutely, positively, someone's memory is better than mine. Likely, most everyone else's memory is better than mine. LOL. :laughing:)

I don't want to speak for BellaVita, but I am thinking that she might not know of the Bill Davies connection between the construction on the house and dojo. BDC. He was the guy mentioned in the voicemail as well as his signs being around as well as being quoted in an article. This is old news. Thought I can understand why it could make a million sparks take off in the mind.

Yeah I knew about him but she seemed like she knew of him too and some interesting connection! @BellaVita, do tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to speak for BellaVita, but I am thinking that she might not know of the Bill Davies connection between the construction on the house and dojo. BDC. He was the guy mentioned in the voicemail as well as his signs being around as well as being quoted in an article. This is old news. Thought I can understand why it could make a million sparks take off in the mind.
The reason it also set off sparks for me... is why they released the new VM mentioning Bill.

I have a vague recollection of something in the search warrants implying that LE was looking for a police scanner; I'll have to go back and look. If the perps were monitoring police transmissions, that would be a good reason to torch the car ASAP, especially if person 1 (not the driver) called to let person 2 (the driver) know that they just heard a transmission about a sighting near Latham. Otherwise, I agree it's pretty counter-intuitive -- why not send up a flare? Seems like it would be better/more discreet to roll it into a body of water, but then again, maybe a body of water wasn't immediately available.

Police were looking for "scanners"? I've not heard that! Maybe that's why they were so comfortable in the house for so long. As for a body of water.......I'm in California so you would have to leave the state to find one these days! [emoji295]️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reason it also set off sparks for me... is why they released the new VM mentioning Bill.

It is really weird why LE would be disseminating voicemail messages to the media (or even just allowing NG to share hers) in a particular order. I've heard things as far and wide (in cases in general) as LE trying to make a perp nervous that they are caught, all the way to trying to make a perp so relaxed that they'd go biz as usual and lead LE to more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He probably took the loot to a safe place, then parked the car in church parking lot and used the bucket full of gasoline to torch the car. Maybe the car ignited so quickly he couldn't put the bucket inside the car so he had to take it with him.

The white bucket baffles me as well. I can't see it being used for any accelerant.......you could put gasoline in a spray bottle and it would be enough to get a fire going. You know? And why take a stupid bucket? Doesn't even look like anything was in it when you see him running. He wasn't even struggling to carry it. Seemed empty.

IMO The bucket had a few items of value that he stole from the house. It was probably more than he could stuff in his pockets. If he had followed the lead of a typical thief he would have grabbed a pillow case from a bed. He took the bucket thinking it wouldn't attract attention.

Lol.......a guy running down any street from a burning car with a white bucket and a hoodie would SCREAM........."note to self". Lol. [emoji14]

IIRC white buckets were seen being removed from Wints fathers home while the search warrant was being executed

Exactly. I wonder if there's a painting contractor in the family. Who has buckets like that except painting contractors and gold miners?

Exactly. I wonder if there's a painting contractor in the family. Who has buckets like that except painting contractors and gold miners?

Pool cleaning chemicals too...

The only defense I can see is that they'll say the DNA was contaminated/mixed up, etc. Whether he likes pizza or not, his DNA was found on the crust. Maybe he was just nibbling on someone else's crust once they'd eaten the tomato/cheese part. The testing was done in a federal lab, not the DC lab, where a mix up would have been more probable. I believe the DC lab has been sanctioned for errors recently.

Also, victim's blood on his shoes. What could he argue there? Transfer? Guess it depends on the pattern - splatter, smear, drop or whatever. I don't think dried blood transfers, so I think he would have to be at the scene. I'll bet there's loads of additional forensic evidence. I think this guy is toast.

My husband doesn't eat the crust from pizza...... lol....only tops. If I ever come up missing my fellow sleuthers.......please look at the "pie" crusts and muffins. [emoji8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member