DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
#throwthefrisbeethrowthefrisbee

IMO they have the DNA matched. Waiting on calculations to determine probabilities

Snipped and BBM
L

I also have a suspicion that there might have been a woman in the mix. Some of this torture could have been some sort of vile macho "showing off." IMO only.

I've also thought that at least one female was in the house with DW. When she arrived and what she did, I don't know. I just have a vibe there was some "partying" aspect to the whole thing.

Yuck.

JMO.

Ago 'plan B'd' him. They choose a 'Plan B.' That's what some defense attorneys call it when they point their fingers at a different target to create doubt. It does not matter if they are cleared or not if they can stir up some suspicion and raise questions.
Yes, of course. I agree with what you are saying. But what good does it do Wint when you are casting aspersions on someone that could not possibly have committed the murders? We know JW was in VA at the time of the murders (assuming the murders took place right before the fire). He is on video at Loews from 11:30 to 12:00pm. Then we know he was still in VA when AIW called him about the fire at the S house. So that rules out JW UNLESS Wint is going to say the murders happened earlier.

L

Horrible. But this is a gang invasion. I can see a group going in with knives that included DW. But just not one guy, one knife to a family home where in addition to family, he could also encounter employed help. What if some former Navy Seal was their insurance agent and had stopped over? What if a couple young men who were friends of the daughters were chatting with Mom in the kitchen?

Without insider knowledge, DW was walking into a very large family home with only a knife and no idea who or HOW MANY people might be inside?

A group of men with knives, yes. Not DW alone.

I also have a suspicion that there might have been a woman in the mix. Some of this torture could have been some sort of vile macho "showing off." IMO only.
This totally makes sense, except...DW was caught with most of the $$.

Yes, of course. I agree with what you are saying. But what good does it do Wint when you are casting aspersions on someone that could not possibly have committed the murders? We know JW was in VA at the time of the murders (assuming the murders took place right before the fire). He is on video at Loews from 11:30 to 12:00pm. Then we know he was still in VA when AIW called him about the fire at the S house. So that rules out JW UNLESS Wint is going to say the murders happened earlier.

I don't think they are trying to say JW did the murders. I think they will try to imply that he set up the whole thing, with DIFFERENT perps/intruders, and DW was tricked into coming by, not knowing what was really going on...or something like that

This totally makes sense, except...DW was caught with most of the $$.

Remember, he was caught with a bunch of people. Females changed some cash into money orders. Males in the other truck had cash.

Remember, he was caught with a bunch of people. Females changed some cash into money orders. Males in the other truck had cash.

During the prelim, Det. Owens said the man told LE that DW provided the cash, which I guess is why he's not a POI?

Police recovered more than $30,000 in cash and money orders from the two vehicles, including $20,000 from the truck, and Wint's brother told police that Wint had given him the money, Owens said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/2...de-dc-mansion-due-back-in-court-after-firing/

I don't think they are trying to say JW did the murders. I think they will try to imply that he set up the whole thing, with DIFFERENT perps/intruders, and DW was tricked into coming by, not knowing what was really going on...or something like that
Okay, I get what you are saying. But still, to say "the courier kept two stacks of money" places DW there at 10:30 am (or so). That is not just getting tricked into "stopping by". He ate pizza delivered shortly after 9pm on the 13th and now he is saying the courier kept two stacks of money delivered at 10:30am on the 14th.

Okay, I get what you are saying. But still, to say "the courier kept two stacks of money" places DW there at 10:30 am (or so). That is not just getting tricked into "stopping by". He ate pizza delivered shortly after 9pm on the 13th and now he is saying the courier kept two stacks of money delivered at 10:30am on the 14th.

To play devil's advocate, we really don't know when DW ate the pizza. We know when it was ordered and we know when the crusts were found, but we don't know when DW bit into the slice. People do eat pizza cold.

(For what it's worth, I place DW there the entire time.)

JMO

Snipped and BBM

I've also thought that at least one female was in the house with DW. When she arrived and what she did, I don't know. I just have a vibe there was some "partying" aspect to the whole thing.

Yuck.

JMO.
I have always thought there was a female also . MOO - I don't believe AS ordered the pizza. I believe a female used her phone.

I have always thought there was a female also . MOO - I don't believe AS ordered the pizza. I believe a female used her phone.

I thought that too Wilson

But at the prelim...

WaPo:

Prosecutors said that after Wint entered the house on May 13, he forced Amy Savopoulos to call Domino’s Pizza at 9:14 p.m. and have two pizzas delivered to the house. Owens testified that Amy Savopoulos paid with a credit card and instructed the driver to leave the pizzas outside of the house. When the driver arrived, the detective said, the house was dark, except for the porch light.

To play devil's advocate, we really don't know when DW ate the pizza. We know when it was ordered and we know when the crusts were found, but we don't know when DW bit into the slice. People do eat pizza cold.

(For what it's worth, I place DW there the entire time.)

JMO

I thought about this point right AFTER I made the post. Thank you. You are right, people do eat cold pizza for breakfast. And for what it's worth, I place DW there the entire time as we'll.

Why don't you believe it was AS? LE seems to think it was, so just curious why it seems unlikely to you.
I wonder if Dominos records its calls.

The attorney never said DW is the one saying JW didn't drop all the money. The attorney just questioned it using the very same 'clues' we had. The lies to the detectives, the picture of only 2 stacks, then the 9 am time of text, etc. NONE of that puts DW on scene.

TRANSCRIPT UPDATE: Phoned court reporter this morning.....shes out but left a message. Did find out that only half of the transcript has been unsealed so it won't be the complete transcript. Also, the "regular" transcript at $3.65 is for the FIRST person who requests the transcript. They will pay the highest amount. A "copy" at .90 a page is the amount for anyone else requesting a copy after that. Confusing. I'm assuming someone has already requested it so more than likely it will be .90 a page. I'll also find out about rules regarding "posting" it somewhere (not here because I don't think the TOS will allow it). I'll update more after she calls back. Exciting!

Why don't you believe it was AS? LE seems to think it was, so just curious why it seems unlikely to you.
I wonder if Dominos records its calls.
Everything is MOO. I don't know why LE thinks AS ordered it and I don't know if Domino's records calls. I just know if I were in that situation, pizza would be the last thing on my mind. That's why I think another female ordered it.

I know AS may have been trying to get someone in the house and she may have also been restrained. There is a lot we don't know.

The attorney never said DW is the one saying JW didn't drop all the money. The attorney just questioned it using the very same 'clues' we had. The lies to the detectives, the picture of only 2 stacks, then the 9 am time of text, etc. NONE of that puts DW on scene.
Okay. I just wonder how the attorney is going to "explain" the fact that DW was actually caught with $30,000 of the money dropped off on the morning of the 14th if he wasn't there. SMH

If Ago is the top dog in the PD division he is clearly a competent attorney. Why would he throw some serious shade on JW if JW was already "cleared" by the PD? Makes no sense in my book.

It makes perfect sense to me that a defense lawyer would point fingers on somebody else, if they don't have an actual defense.

TRANSCRIPT UPDATE: Phone court reporter this morning.....shes out but left a message. Did find out that only half of the transcript has been unsealed so it won't be the complete transcript. Also, the "regular" transcript at $3.65 is for the FIRST person who requests the transcript. They will pay the highest amount. A "copy" at .90 a page is anyone else requested a copy after that. Confusing. I'm assuming someone has already requested it so more than likely it will be .90 a page. I'll also find out about rules regarding "posting" it somewhere (not here because I don't think the TOS will allow it). I'll update more after she calls back. Exciting!

Thank you!

Interesting that half was sealed. Perhaps that accounts for why some news outlets have reported things that others have not -- perhaps they were asked not to report certain things from the part of the hearing that has sealed records but some did anyway. Of course, it's the sealed half we really want.

:tears::pullhair::curses::sponge::lamb::beagle::goldcrown:

What does a disembodied beagle head or a crown have to do with it, you may be thinking? NOTHING! :HHJP:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member