DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paulas88
How come the blood evidence on DW shoes wasn't mentioned at PH?

The blood on DW's shoe wasn't mentioned at the PH because....
I think the PH was only for SS murder (has DW been formally charged with AS, PS, VF murders?)
The blood on shoe has been noted in MSM as from "one of the murder victims". It could be the blood on DW's shoe isn't SS's blood.

www.cnn.com/2015/06/02/us/washington-mansion-fire-slayings-suspect/index.html
Now investigators say they have a new clue linking suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint to one of the victims: blood found on a shoe he was wearing when authorities arrested him.
Forensic analysis matched traces of blood on Wint's shoe to at least one of the murder victims, two law enforcement officials said. The officials would not specify which victim's blood was allegedly found on Wint's shoe.

Many methods of strangulation besides a person's hands.

Yes, different "methods" of strangulation. All strangulation, whether by belt, by foot or by hand. All strangled.......very personal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay, now this may add a twist. We REALLY need to see transcripts to determine what's what. I do wish they would be released to the public and I know they have their reasons, at least until the actual trial is either in progress or over. But, I don't know how LE can't be frustrated with the bazillion versions of simple facts that are being published daily.

This is regarding DNA similar to Wint's found on the green vest of the burning Porsche:

"Technicians have not completed statistical analysis, however, to determine how rare the DNA profile recovered from the pizza or the vest would be in the population, Owens said.

As such the evidence does not necessarily guarantee a conclusive match." - eh, what? This was actually said in court?

This drives me nuts. However, it can relate to DW saying he was set up, the question has always been "by whom" and we know the other DW was in the truck and he told LE that DW1 gave him $20,000, and close relatives share DNA, so... hmm. :thinking:

http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/07/20/quadruple-murder-case-suspect-appears-in-court.htm

Many methods of strangulation besides a person's hands.

I've never forgotten what Cary Stayner, aka The Yosemite Killer, said after strangling two people (he did not know his victims.)

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Stunning-details-in-Stayner-s-confession-In-2908761.php

He first strangled Sund with a 3-foot piece of rope, taking five minutes. "I didn't realize how hard it is to strangle a person," Stayner said on the tape. "It's not easy. I had very little feeling. It was like performing a task. "

Okay, now this may add a twist. We REALLY need to see transcripts to determine what's what. I do wish they would be released to the public and I know they have their reasons, at least until the actual trial is either in progress or over. But, I don't know how LE can't be frustrated with the bazillion versions of simple facts that are being published daily.

This is regarding DNA similar to Wint's found on the green vest of the burning Porsche:

"Technicians have not completed statistical analysis, however, to determine how rare the DNA profile recovered from the pizza or the vest would be in the population, Owens said.

As such the evidence does not necessarily guarantee a conclusive match." - eh, what? This was actually said in court?

This drives me nuts. However, it can relate to DW saying he was set up, the question has always been "by whom" and we know the other DW was in the truck and he told LE that DW1 gave him $20,000, and close relatives share DNA, so... hmm. :thinking:

http://www.courthousenews.com/2015/07/20/quadruple-murder-case-suspect-appears-in-court.htm
Disclaimer: I only know enough about DNA to get myself in hot water.

Familial Searching

Familial searching is often confused with what occurs when a partial match results from the routine search of the DNA database. A partial match is the spontaneous product of a regular database search where a candidate offender profile is identified as not being identical to the forensic profile but because of a similarity in the number of alleles shared between the two profiles, the offender may be a close biological relative of the source of the forensic profile.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/biometric-analysis/codis/familial-searching

Thanks for that link to radaronline, I found fit girls we love. :)

Can anyone tell me how to find TOS on Tapatalk? Or.....give a summary of a "broken quote". I'm not clear on what that is. Thanks!

Chief Lanier said there were no signs of forced entry. Even though there was a broken glass alarm LE has not changed from Lanier's statement. When Wint entered the house he probably just walked up to the front door, rang the bell and overpowered whoever opened the door. Didn't need a vest to do that. He got the vest from SS's garage. He probably put it on when he was leaving the house.

I've wondered a lot about the vest. The theory that the vests were used as a way to gain entrance to the house made some sense to me but I can't understand at all why DW would put on a vest for the getaway. I would think it would draw attention to him at that point.

Now I'm going to guess and it's going to be a very subjective answer.

The first reason DW might do it is spite...he's not going to go down alone for this. He's not going to let JW go on with his life while he pays for this crime.

The second reason is really subjective....he might do it because for certain people, like me, there would be a huge transfer of anger from DW to JW. Because we know that SS tried to give JW a helping hand. We know he KNEW that family. And most of all, we know JW knew and spent time with that little boy. Whether it's fair or not, JW and DW would not be "equals" to me in the way I would view this crime. JW's betrayal and what that child suffered, would focus my contempt on JW.

So, he might do it in the thought that "once people found out who was there"...their anger and desire for very harsh punishment would escalate toward The Betrayer and away from him.

That is one reason that comment from the previous Attorney really resonated with me.

I've also been pondering things along the lines of these theories but I can't imagine why DW's lawyer would sign on.

Alright, everyone is gone. [emoji99][emoji99][emoji99][emoji99][emoji99]. I'm on Pacific Standard Time so I'll be hitting the threads in "my" morning of the world with an update about the transcript, cost and whether or not we can post it.. We need some new "cud to chew". [emoji243].

Well, to be fair, since you have to go into the courthouse to order the transcript in person, you are actually paying for the eye-rolling, huffing, foot-stomping and generally bad attitude that comes with requesting anything from the DC government. So you're not just paying for the copies, you're paying for the show. Oh, and you'll need to pay for parking and if you overstay the meter, that's another $25.

Yea, frankly if they just gave me the finger when I walked in, I would appreciate the honesty. Lol.

so the DNA on the vest is 'iffy.' But luckily, when it comes to the pizza crust:

In asking Judge Rhonda Reid Winston to find probable cause in the case, Assistant U.S. Attorney Laura presented a police report that says DNA from the uneaten crust of a pizza in the Savopoulos home is a match for Wint's profile in an FBI database.

They haven't completed the calculation just means they have to complete it before trial.
Usually, when they say DNA matches they also say what are the chances somebody else has the same DNA profile. It doesn't mean somebody else could match to that profile.

so the DNA on the vest is 'iffy.' But luckily, when it comes to the pizza crust:

In asking Judge Rhonda Reid Winston to find probable cause in the case, Assistant U.S. Attorney Laura presented a police report that says DNA from the uneaten crust of a pizza in the Savopoulos home is a match for Wint's profile in an FBI database.

No, DNA on vest is not "iffy." Statistician just needs to calculate the odds.

I sure am glad the thread was locked and everyone went to bed; I got to catch up after life interfered with my reading here.

Lanier sure is running a tight ship, as as the USA's office. I don't think anything definitive nor new came from the hearing either via MSM.

I'd spend the money for the transcript, but I'm in Lilliputia. Though, unless Wint is trying to cut a deal ahead of Federal charges, I don't see us learning who else was criminally responsible or involved through his trial.

I don't think getting a warrant for DNA is as easy as people think it is, and I believe everyone wrapped up in street life who might have blood on their hands knows that "I don't know" is hard to refute and "I don't remember" is harder still. People here still keep writing that the Amerit road show posse was arrested, fingerprinted and DNA swabbed. It is important to remember they were not, so far as we know.

I am positive that if JW was criminally involved, it will take painstaking old-school detective work and a brilliant investigator to prove it, as well as abundant time. I still say we will know for sure that he is innocent only when he has completed his media training and turns a hefty profit for a big time TV interview.

Since DW stole the phones, maybe DW just hit redial on SS's phone to see who he called last? It's hard to think about... those last few minutes of the ordeal.

I don't think SS had *choice* to call or not call anyone. Any phone calls he made were at the direction of DW+Co. JMO. Even if he broke free I still think DW had control of all the phones.

I don't think SS had *choice* to call or not call anyone. Any phone calls he made were at the direction of DW+Co. JMO. Even if he broke free I still think DW had control of all the phones.

If true -- and it was not a hail mary after he finally freed himself (as some articles claim he was not restrained when found burned) -- then it leads one to wonder...what more did DW want JW to do...or to know?

I wondered briefly about the top dog taking this case himself, but it occurred to me that this is very high profile and he would do an excellent job. When DW loses, there won't be that appeal excuse of ineffective counsel? No do-overs.

Another thought-Perhaps being top dog, he felt it was his responsibility to take on this despicable defendant himself instead of assigning the case to others who may have strong personal objections. I understand that a PDA has to take on all sorts of awful cases and provides vigorous defense, but this may be one case that nobody cared to defend.

I don't agree. Not enough info to know what his plan was. May have gone nearly as intended. If he didn't go into the house with a mask, murder was the number one option all along. IMO.

Agree about that--no mask means no witnesses alive. But surely DW had access to guns, which would have made the crime much simpler from his perspective. no gun + no mask + lawyer saying DW never intended to hurt anyone = maybe he WAS there without pre-planning the murders?

Agree about that--no mask means no witnesses alive. But surely DW had access to guns, which would have made the crime much simpler from his perspective. no gun + no mask + lawyer saying DW never intended to hurt anyone = maybe he WAS there without pre-planning the murders?

I think there are possible reasons that he did not take any guns.

One thing that I noticed was that all of his priors involved knives, not guns. He was arrested twice for stabbing the same victim. And his death threats were threats of stabbing others to death, and he even bragged about 'being good with knives.' And his arrest near AIW involved him having a machete in his backpack. So knives seem to be his weapon of choice.

Being a felon, he might have been wary about carrying a gun. We do not know how he transported himself to the SS home. Some have speculated that he took some form of public transpo. IF SO, he might not have wanted to be caught carrying. Being a felon, it would be a big problem for him.

A gun is very noisy. Especially when killing an entire house full of hostages. It can bring way too much attention and it is quite often the evidence that ties the killer to the crime. [ hence the smoking gun]

So I am not sure that the lack of a gun meant he didn't plan on hurting anyone. JMO I just don't see how you can expect to do a home invasion that lasts 18 hours, and figure everyone walks away unharmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member