DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so right. And explaining my point better than me.

If JW was DW's partner, and they planned this together, then it makes no sense for DW to go after him publicly. Because JW has the evidence needed to help the state find DW GUILTY as charged. And pointing the finger at JW does not help DW in any way.

However, if JW was the guilty one, and he just framed DW for the crime, and all DW did was come by for pizza, then it makes sense for them to call out JW. But that is a huge uphill climb and I highly doubt it is true. JMO

Hmm... framed ?

that he came by for pizza, tried on a neon green vest in front of the mirror then put in the Porsche that burned (ooooh, that vest was one I wore 8 years ago perhaps?)

... and also..... well.......... not even getting to that................

Do we all agree that something in DW's initial plan went wrong? That he didn't originally intend to stay as long as he did, and possibly didn't intend to kill the family? Might be a helpful theoretical.

I don't agree. Not enough info to know what his plan was. May have gone nearly as intended. If he didn't go into the house with a mask, murder was the number one option all along. IMO.

Some of the reporting is just bizarre. Authorites haven't found the murder weapon? If the murder victims were strangled, weren't hands the murder weapon?

Many methods of strangulation besides a person's hands.

So in affidavit from GF it says only one money band was visible. If both bands were on the money the GF would know how much money it was as bands have the total amount. So for the photo to show two stacks but only one band how would the money have been positioned. Knowing the bragger JW is you would think he'd make it look as impressive as possible. Makes me wonder if this was texted before he receive the $40K from the bank. Might accountant have grabbed all cash on hand at AIW---some of it unbanded and one stack that had been gotten from the B of A on previous occasion?

<modsnip> If the money bands around the stacks of cash were white, the cash could not have come directly from the bank. There are different colored bands, standardized to help one quickly and easily identify the denomination and how much is in a stack. The band/strap color for $100 bills is mustard, not white. Given the specificity of the description of the texted photo in the affidavit, doesn't this seem like a glaring discrepancy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_strap

BBM: It is not accurate that if the strap was white that it couldn't have been hundred dollar bills/stacks of whatever denomination adding up to X amount. Based on my years of experience working in banks, sometimes the branch would run out of certain straps. In the meantime, we'd just turn other straps inside out to the white side and hand write the amount on the outside of the strap.

During the Scott Peterson trial, someone got the transcripts and then posted them daily on a site, where they could only be accessed if you paid $10/month (trial started in June and I think went on until at least Aug). Then posters went back to all the crime forums (there were many others in those days) and discussed without quoting directly from the transcripts. So if you didn't pay to read the transcripts directly, one could still find out all the other details not in the media. There were probably at least 20 newspapers and tv stations covering it from the Bay Area and Central Valley, LA Times, CNN, yet so much was left out of their reporting. One thing always got me mad, they would report something that came out in the prelim when so much other new stuff came out that day was omitted. Media needs good crime reporters who are invested in the crimes.

They showed a statute. It was convincing enough that Tricia took it off the threads.

This is what I don't understand. If I remember correctly, after the jodiarias smut show; an attorney unrelated to the case other than reporting on it did it, and on top of that she charged subscription to be able to access it.

Oh, came back to edit/add that I may be wrong, it could have been video instead of transcripts, I don't remember.

wow. edited to fix punctuation and added clarification - that would have been baaaad :(

Many methods of strangulation besides a person's hands.

Agreeing w ^.
"Strangling can be divided into three general types according to the mechanism used:[SUP][2][/SUP]

• Hanging—Suspension from a cord wound around the neck
  • Ligature strangulation—Strangulation without suspension using some form of cord-like object called a garrote
  • Manual strangulation—Strangulation using the fingers or other extremity...."

"Ligature strangulation
(also known as "garroting") is strangling with some form of cord such as rope, wire, or shoe laces, either partially or fully circumferencing the neck."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangling

And for medical side of this, more at same link: "...Strangling involves one or several mechanisms that interfere with the normal flow of oxygen into the brain:[SUP][3][/SUP]

IIRC, Mr S' CoD was reported as asphyxia.

JW didn't have the opportunity. Det Owens already testified they checked his wereabouts and they check out. JW wasn't in the house, that much we know.
IMO if JW went in that house the only way he would have left it is on a gurney.

Is there a list of websites we can refer to/link to?

I'll ask a mod, if no one here now knows. TIA

GOT IT! Thank you very much Bessie! :D :eek:ddsmiley:

I believe you, but there are different rules for different jurisdictions. Also, sometimes in DC a clerk will just tell you something and hope you believe him/her.

Okay, thank you for this info; it never occurred to me about differing jurisdictions - grrrr.

In that case, my position is this: We The People live in every jurisdiction, so.... grrrrr.

Now I'm going to guess and it's going to be a very subjective answer.

The first reason DW might do it is spite...he's not going to go down alone for this. He's not going to let JW go on with his life while he pays for this crime.

The second reason is really subjective....he might do it because for certain people, like me, there would be a huge transfer of anger from DW to JW. Because we know that SS tried to give JW a helping hand. We know he KNEW that family. And most of all, we know JW knew and spent time with that little boy. Whether it's fair or not, JW and DW would not be "equals" to me in the way I would view this crime. JW's betrayal and what that child suffered, would focus my contempt on JW.

So, he might do it in the thought that "once people found out who was there"...their anger and desire for very harsh punishment would escalate toward The Betrayer and away from him.

That is one reason that comment from the previous Attorney really resonated with me.

I like the way you think, but I think you are much more clever and insightful than DW. I doubt he has a well-enough developed theory of mind to understand what would make the public more or less outraged. We are talking about a man who committed a quadruple murder and then decided his first stop should be an immigration attorney, and then, having escaped to a region of the country where way fewer people were on the lookout for him, instead of quietly dissolving into the interior of the country where even fewer would be looking for him, he decided to flee back toward the scene of the crime and ride around conspicuously in a caravan with a bunch of other questionable folks. If he were trying to pin this on JW, I think his thoughts would be something like, "If I go to jail, he goes to jail."

I wondered briefly about the top dog taking this case himself, but it occurred to me that this is very high profile and he would do an excellent job. When DW loses, there won't be that appeal excuse of ineffective counsel? No do-overs.

Yeah, his profile (tactfully) says he takes the high-profile cases and leaves the others to less experienced colleagues.

If the money bands around the stacks of cash were white, the cash could not have come directly from the bank. There are different colored bands, standardized to help one quickly and easily identify the denomination and how much is in a stack. The band/strap color for $100 bills is mustard, not white. Given the specificity of the description of the texted photo in the affidavit, doesn't this seem like a glaring discrepancy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_strap"

BBM: It is not accurate that if the strap was white that it couldn't have been hundred dollar bills/stacks of whatever denomination adding up to X amount. Based on my years of experience working in banks, sometimes the branch would run out of certain straps. In the meantime, we'd just turn other straps inside out to the white side and hand write the amount on the outside of the strap.
bbm ^^^ This ^^^ is what makes W/S such an enlightened & enlightening board: expertise & experience from knowledgeable people from different disciplines, occupations, and professions. Amazing. :loveyou:

And it's an excellent example of how, in trying to solve crimes, depending on 'standard procedure' can sometimes lead us to an inaccurate conclusion. Yes, usually using std procedure leads to more accurate conclusions than those based on anecdotal info.
But sometimes we have to wait for the trial. :gaah:

Wish we could see the photo so we would know if that's what they did.

.... If the money bands around the stacks of cash were white, the cash could not have come directly from the bank. There are different colored bands, standardized to help one quickly and easily identify the denomination and how much is in a stack. The band/strap color for $100 bills is mustard, not white. Given the specificity of the description of the texted photo in the affidavit, doesn't this seem like a glaring discrepancy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_strap"

bbm ^^^ This ^^^ is what makes W/S such an enlightened & enlightening board: expertise & experience from knowledgeable people from different disciplines, occupations, and professions. Amazing. :loveyou:

And it's an excellent example of how, in trying to solve crimes, depending on 'standard procedure' can sometimes lead us to an inaccurate conclusion. Yes, usually using std procedure leads to more accurate conclusions than those based on anecdotal info.
But sometimes we have to wait for the trial. :gaah:

In the interest of clarification, I was the one who posted the original statement and BellaVita is the one with the real-world experience who corrected me!

:seeya: Closing the thread for a bit while I untangle the broken quotes.

Please be patient.

Thanks.

Is there a list of websites we can refer to/link to: specifically radaronline at the moment?

I'll ask a mod, if no one here now knows. TIA :eek:ddsmiley:
No, there isn't. If you have a question about a particular site, please pm a mod with the link.

I'm going to re-open the thread.

PLEASE, if you see a broken quote, do not re-quote it. Alert on it immediately so a mod can straighten it out before it becomes such a tangled mess.

ALSO, mods don't sit on the thread reading each and every post all day. If you have questions, send them to a mod or admin in a pm.

:tyou:

....In the interest of clarification, I was the one who posted the original statement and BellaVita is the one with the real-world experience who corrected me!

Thanks, rkf, for the clarification.
Combining info from your post & wiki link w BellaVita's RL bank experience, we see - currency straps could either be white w no color printing or w 'mustard' print. So may or may not have come directly from BoA. This time, 2 steps forward, 3 backward.

But the idea is - we use many sources. It's rare that only one member has the true, correct, accurate, answer on a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1