DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was inside the bank at 9:40. Text with the photo of the money was send at 9:57.
My guess it was taken in the car as he was driving to drop off the money.

Sorry for the serial postings.... He could have taken the photo IN the bank while awaiting the second batch, but then SENT the photo while in the car. He might not have had a chance to take a photo of the whole stash, but took the opportunity in between stashes to take a quick photo of his awesome job.

I dunno.

Detective Owens said the driver is not a “suspect” in the case, but he noted that the man “was told that he had more information than he was initially giving.”

Assistant U.S. Attorney Laura Bach noted during her questioning of the detective that the driver freely let police inspect his phone records and that his description of his movements from the time he delivered the money until he returned to the home after the fire was set had been corroborated.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gd0fI1yD
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Well, a photo only takes a second to snap and can be done rather discreetly.

Still, while still in the bank? Takes poor judgment/indiscretion to a new level, IMO. But I don't think for a second that's where the photo was taken.

Still, while still in the bank? Takes poor judgment/indiscretion to a new level, IMO. But I don't think for a second that's where the photo was taken.

I think it would be very easy to accomplish - just point the phone in the right direction and click. You don't have to set up a photo shoot or even look at what you're doing. He could have reached his hand into the bag and snapped, while looking like he was just standing there. It's easy to take pictures without anyone knowing that's what you're doing.

Indiscreet? Yeah, he is that. He texted the message not to show anyone the photo, so he knew it was indiscreet when he took it, no matter where the location was.

Of course, I don't know he took the photo in the bank. I really don't feel strongly about it and won't belabor the point any longer except to say it's possible.

I agree -- now that I see it, I can't unsee the "person" in the foreground, even in high resolution... but I think it's a really compelling optical illusion. What look like "sneakers", I think, are actually two additional scattered pieces of slightly wadded paper, what looks like jeans or something is partly a utility box or garbage receptacle behind the dumpster, and shadows do the rest. I would love to believe that there was a person there because it would make things like 100xs more interesting, but I don't think there is

I agreer. The higher res photo shows it's just some trash! Not a buddy. It was an optical illusion in the burry screen shot!

Detective Owens said the driver is not a “suspect” in the case, but he noted that the man “was told that he had more information than he was initially giving.”

Assistant U.S. Attorney Laura Bach noted during her questioning of the detective that the driver freely let police inspect his phone records and that his description of his movements from the time he delivered the money until he returned to the home after the fire was set had been corroborated.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gd0fI1yD

I still keep thinking that JW might have been lying because he thought SS was doing something shady or illicit, and thought he'd be helping by covering something up or withholding information. Like he thought SS needed the money for some questionable business deal gone wrong, or whatever else- I really don't know. It's unclear to me when exactly JW was initially questioned and if he knew for sure that SS was dead. It seems he knew about the fire, and likely knew there were victims, but maybe he didn't know if SS had survived or who the other victims were at the time? IDK.

But then I think, why on earth did he keep lying to investigators!? If he knew the family was dead already, I just really don't understand what he thought was to be gained by lying and/or withholding information. And even if he didn't know they were all dead, you have to know that things like cell phone records and texts will be gathered and lies are likely to be discovered.

I still keep thinking that JW might have been lying because he thought SS was doing something shady or illicit, and thought he'd be helping by covering something up or withholding information. Like he thought SS needed the money for some questionable business deal gone wrong, or whatever else- I really don't know. It's unclear to me when exactly JW was initially questioned and if he knew for sure that SS was dead. It seems he knew about the fire, and likely knew there were victims, but maybe he didn't know if SS had survived or who the other victims were at the time? IDK.

But then I think, why on earth did he keep lying to investigators!? If he knew the family was dead already, I just really don't understand what he thought was to be gained by lying and/or withholding information. And even if he didn't know they were all dead, you have to know that things like cell phone records and texts will be gathered and lies are likely to be discovered.

Liars tend to not have good memories.

Thank you for this post. This is the only media link that has made this quote that I have seen. They were all in there and could of put this out in their stories and tweets, yet chose not to. It is really bothersome to me that media IMO chose to ignore this quote, and instead mention other statements brought up about JW leading readers to believe that JW is still a suspect. IMO it is shameful what the media is doing to JW by not including this quote in their reporting. I really want to see the transcripts of this hearing, because I have a feeling there is more important information the media has intentionally left out.

Thank you for this post. This is the only media link that has made this quote that I have seen. They were all in there and could of put this out in their stories and tweets, yet chose not to. It is really bothersome to me that media IMO chose to ignore this quote, and instead mention other statements brought up about JW leading readers to believe that JW is still a suspect. IMO it is shameful what the media is doing to JW by not including this quote in their reporting. I really want to see the transcripts of this hearing, because I have a feeling there is more important information the media has intentionally left out.

TexMex should re-post this quote several times because many people will continue to rehash the subject.

I really hope we get a transcript of the prelim. As well. The media states it was 4 hours in duration but I don't feel that we have 4 hours worth of information. The evidence they have on him is DNA from pizza crust and the green vest in the Porsche. While that is substantial I have got to think the prosecution brought more to the table. It seems like the tweets etc. were more informative about the defense and what they had to offer.
Just frustrating all around and now we have to wait until Sept. Let's hope DW does not decide to change lawyers in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexMex should re-post this quote several times because many people will continue to rehash the subject.

Yes, TexMex- bump your quote from time to time

It was probably left out as there really isn't anything said there that the media hasn't already reported previously. From the filings in the very beginning it said that he showed LE his phone records, it was reported ages ago that he's on camera at Lowe's with how that ties to his phone GPS records and JW has never been a suspect. Without knowing precisely what was said they could have backhandedly acknowledged part of what Wallace has said hasn't been corroborated given how JW returned to the home not once but twice with a gap of hours inbetween:
Wallace allegedly returned to the scene of the crime and said his car was parked inside police tape. The detective said that indicated he was there before the tape went up and came back hours later.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-2-d-c-mansion-murder-victims-were-strangled/
You don't have to have been in the house to be a conspirator, though Wallace could have had a string of bad judgments as I think it's been shown that he has bad judgment. I'd really like to know what he was doing after he fled the scene for hours. I think Wallace may be in a position where he can't really be cleared by LE for the damage done to his reputation, like LE can't clear Wallace for lying to LE short of LE saying it was actually them who lied to the judge in the filing, they can't clear Wallace of taking photos of the money and they can't clear him for fleeing the scene while at the same time all along they've never said he was suspect so I don't think there's anything they can do as even if he's not a criminal he's going to look really bad.

Hmm....that sounds right. So why not all the money in the photo???

I have worked in a bank. I think the teller would have given the money to the accountant and he would have given it to JW all at once.

Yes, TexMex- bump your quote from time to time

I can only speak for myself but I am really interested in all facets of the case, regardless of corroboration. What was DW trying to do by calling/making SS call JW at 11:54? I don't think just because JW was where he said he was make the pieces of the puzzle less compelling to figure out. You don't have to think he's guilty of purposeful involvement be curious. I hope that no one feels they have to stop others from being interested. In certain aspects of the case!

:applause: ----- :applause: ----- :applause:

I wish this could be pinned. :poke: :eek:ddsmiley:

I really hope we get a transcript of the prelim. As well. The media states it was 4 hours in duration but I don't feel that we have 4 hours worth of information. The evidence they have on him is DNA from pizza crust and the green vest in the Porsche. While that is substantial I have got to think the prosecution brought more to the table. It seems like the tweets etc. were more informative about the defense and what they had to offer.
Just frustrating all around and now we have to wait until Sept. Let's hope DW does not decide to change lawyers in the meantime.

All maybe true but someones got to transcribe it so others can pay for it. Hopefully someone steps up and releases it to the public.

LOL, just remember that you'll be on video there! :D

I'd be scared to go into the neighborhood. The church parking lot is where thieves torch cars because there is no camera at the church (or there wasn't at the time DW torched the Porsche), and the whole trail is creepy and seedy-looking. I'd much rather you attend the hearings... :blushing:

I can only speak for myself but I am really interested in all facets of the case, regardless of corroboration. What was DW trying to do by calling/making SS call JW at 11:54? I don't think just because JW was where he said he was make the pieces of the puzzle less compelling to figure out. You don't have to think he's guilty of purposeful involvement be curious. I hope that no one feels they have to stop others from being interested. In certain aspects of the case!

Maybe SS managed to get away and was trying to call for help. 11:54 has to be really close in time to the murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz