DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't flee the scene. They corroborated his movements, which was testified to at the hearing.

This is what was testified to, BBM:
Wallace allegedly returned to the scene of the crime and said his car was parked inside police tape. The detective said that indicated he was there before the tape went up and came back hours later.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-2-d-c-mansion-murder-victims-were-strangled/
Unless you are suggesting JW was driving around in the Porsche or some other car besides his BMW the detective testified there's a gap of hours between when his BMW was parked there and when JW came back there...so either he fled the scene for hours and came back or he was driving some other car besides the BMW when he went to the fire. Corroborating his movements isn't corroborating what car or cars he was driving that day and him not fleeing the scene would mean that for at least part of the day JW wasn't using his own car. If he fled the scene, what TM quoted isn't specifying they corroborated his movements from the time that he left the scene for hours but instead it sounds like they corroborated it until he fled.

Soon as JW speaks, half the people will think he's telling the truth and the other half will think he's lying.

Did you see his eyes when they asked that question?
I don't believe him when he answered that!
Did he take a lie detector?
I'll bet a psychic could find out.
He looked left and should have looked right.
He hesitated answering that one.

Endless reasons

I agree -- because it is hard to believe someone who would lie to police in a quad murder investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for this post. This is the only media link that has made this quote that I have seen. They were all in there and could of put this out in their stories and tweets, yet chose not to. It is really bothersome to me that media IMO chose to ignore this quote, and instead mention other statements brought up about JW leading readers to believe that JW is still a suspect. IMO it is shameful what the media is doing to JW by not including this quote in their reporting. I really want to see the transcripts of this hearing, because I have a feeling there is more important information the media has intentionally left out.

Do transcripts usually get released of these types of hearings? I really hope so! JW is an easy figure to latch on to because he had such a big role in this whole thing, but if the cops don't think he is a suspect after having searched a bunch of his phone records and possession, that is important news to report in regards to this case.

Also from http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...c-mansion-slayings-due-back-in-court/?page=1:

"Assistant U.S. Attorney Laura Bach noted during her questioning of the detective that the driver freely let police inspect his phone records and that his description of his movements from the time he delivered the money until he returned to the home after the fire was set had been corroborated."

This means to me that despite the initial inconsistencies in his stories, that much of his information from that day has been corroborated, and that he was (and, IMO probably still is), cooperating with the investigation. This means that all of his driving times, bank times, etc. have been corroborated somehow.

About this vest DW was wearing, we know it has DW's DNA and Mr. S's DNA and a third person.

So, did DW get the vest from the garage and put it on to try to gain entry to the house, sort of like FelicityLemon described with utility people coming to your house?

Or, did DW get the vest from the third person whose DNA is also on the vest who was in possession of the vest and told him to wear the vest and he wouldn't look out of place in the neighborhood?

The vests must be flame retardant since it didn't burn up in the Porsche, or DW is not a very good at torching vehicles and burning houses... which considering what we know about DW would be par for the course.

I think I might be leery of people in green neon vests now.
Chief Lanier said there were no signs of forced entry. Even though there was a broken glass alarm LE has not changed from Lanier's statement. When Wint entered the house he probably just walked up to the front door, rang the bell and overpowered whoever opened the door. Didn't need a vest to do that. He got the vest from SS's garage. He probably put it on when he was leaving the house.

Chief Lanier said there were no signs of forced entry even though there was a broken glass alarm LE has not changed from Lanier's statement. When Wint entered the house he probably just walked up to the front door, rang the bell and overpowered whoever opened the door. Didn't need a vest to do that. He got the vest from SS's garage. He probably put it on when he was leaving the house.

OH good! I'm glad you brought up the broken glass. So, I'm not crazy that the door where the glass was broken was not a point of entry for Wint? And the garage doors, rumor that they were kept up most of the time or down most of the time, or do we know?

OH good! I'm glad you brought up the broken glass. So, I'm not crazy that the door where the glass was broken was not a point of entry for Wint? And the garage doors, rumor that they were kept up most of the time or down most of the time, or do we know?

Where exactly is the broken glass? Could it have been broken by someone trying to get OUT rather than in? Or during a struggle?

The detective noted that police found a receipt showing that, two days after the homicides, Wint paid a $1,100 cash retainer to an immigration law firm. It was unclear why he sought out the law firm as it was not until his arrest that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement flagged Wint, who is a citizen of Guyana, for deportation.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gdsx4Iw6
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Thank you Tex-Mex for this article. To me, the above is Wint's motive for this whole catastrophe, BUT didn't Wint jump the gun in retaining an immigration attorney. I guess he wouldn't necessarily know ICE had not flagged him for deportation, but was anticipating deportation on the March arrest and charges?

I think police changed their minds several times on how suspect got in. First, they claim there was no force entry. Then, they said there was boot print and that's how somebody got in. Now, they say glass was broken.
We have to remember this was not a pristine crime scene because of the fire and firefighters getting in.

The detective noted that police found a receipt showing that, two days after the homicides, Wint paid a $1,100 cash retainer to an immigration law firm. It was unclear why he sought out the law firm as it was not until his arrest that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement flagged Wint, who is a citizen of Guyana, for deportation.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court/#ixzz3gdsx4Iw6
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Thank you Tex-Mex for this article. To me, the above is Wint's motive for this whole catastrophe, BUT didn't Wint jump the gun in retaining an immigration attorney. I guess he wouldn't necessarily know ICE had not flagged him for deportation, but was anticipating deportation on the March arrest and charges?

He should have been flagged for deportation back in March, but wasn't (for whatever reason). But he presumably could have anticipated that he would be.

Where exactly is the broken glass? Could it have been broken by someone trying to get OUT rather than in? Or during a struggle?

The footprint was determined to be a fireperson attempting to enter the house through the French Doors wearing non-issued DCFEMS firefighting boots.

Per the search warrant dated 05/22/2015:

5. The scene of the investigation is a three story, brick residential home with a basement. On the side of the residence is a set of French style exterior doors. The doors have a single broken window pane located next to a door latch and alarm sensor. The door is broken near the lock and a shoe or boot print is visible on the exterior.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/06/search-warrants-bloodied-bat-found-at-house-in-d-c-quadruple-murders/

JW's phone was likely programed into his. So this could have been quicker.

Or, maybe DW was making SS try to summon JW back to the house so that DW could kill him. Maybe DW feared JW might have seen him or have knowledge of DW's identity.

I agree -- because it is hard to believe someone who would lie to police in a quad murder investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were some inconsistences in his stories, which is not uncommon. Especially if someone is stressed and freaking out. I am not sure why police had to accuse him of lying. By doing that, they only provided ammunition for the defense of the actual suspect (as we saw during prelim).

Or, maybe DW was making SS try to summon JW back to the house so that DW could kill him. Maybe DW feared JW might have seen him or have knowledge of DW's identity.

That is a possibility too!

Maybe SS managed to get away and was trying to call for help. 11:54 has to be really close in time to the murders.

I agree, he may have been able to dial the last number dialed on his phone...also I read somewhere (may have been the 20/20 report) that SS was not bound when he was found..maybe the sword was used because he got to it and was trying to fight back...perhaps Wint started the psycho killing then...it doesn't make sense to hold people hostage that long then kill them (at least to me) ...

SS had to believe that they were going to live through this ... it's just so sad. His assistant's an idiot to drop $40,000 off in the car with no red lights going off in his head. The accountant as well. (unless the acct didn't know where the drop off was)
Just opinion. I know this has been hashed out...I'm disappointed more information wasn't forthcoming on Monday.
And why aren't we hearing more about the accountant? He played a role in this, at least in the chain of money being distributed...
Also, alas, the reporting on this case has been dismal.

It could be that. It could be something like DW had the phone in his pocket and accidently re dialed...
We just don't know and probably won't until trial

Who knows maybe DW wanted JW to bring him Taco Bell. Could've been anything really!

I agree, he may have been able to dial the last number dialed on his phone...also I read somewhere (may have been the 20/20 report) that SS was not bound when he was found..maybe the sword was used because he got to it and was trying to fight back...perhaps Wint started the psycho killing then...it doesn't make sense to hold people hostage that long then kill them (at least to me) ...

SS had to believe that they were going to live through this ... it's just so sad. His assistant's an idiot to drop $40,000 off in the car with no red lights going off in his head. The accountant as well. (unless the acct didn't know where the drop off was)
Just opinion. I know this has been hashed out...I'm disappointed more information wasn't forthcoming on Monday.
And why aren't we hearing more about the accountant? He played a role in this, at least in the chain of money being distributed...
Also, alas, the reporting on this case has been dismal.

In Petit family murders, perps hel hostages overnight, and killed them after getting the money mother brought in from the bank. Considering SS apparently knew DW, I don't see how DW could have planned to leave them alive, and get away with it. I believe murder was a part of the plan.

I think police changed their minds several times on how suspect got in. First, they claim there was no force entry. Then, they said there was boot print and that's how somebody got in. Now, they say glass was broken.
We have to remember this was not a pristine crime scene because of the fire and firefighters getting in.
Another assumption by Websleuthers that grew into a statement of fact. Police said they were trying to find a match for the boot print which did not seem to match those worn by firefighters. Police did not change their minds about no force entry, they were only
chasing another lead. The broken glass is another piece of evidence, not a change in the police theory of no forced entry.

Another assumption by Websleuthers that grew into a statement of fact. Police said they were trying to find a match for the boot print which did not seem to match those worn by firefighters. Police did not change their minds about no force entry, they were only
chasing another lead. The broken glass is another piece of evidence, not a change in the police theory of no forced entry.

I can only go by what was being reported. It was reported that investigators determined the boot print didn't match emergency responders. Now we know that is not true.

"Investigators determined that the footwear print on the door had not come from emergency responders."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

Here is another article on a boot print. This information was put into a search warrant. We now know it's not accurate.

"Could the boot print be from a firefighter who came to the house to battle the blaze? It's unlikely, the document says, because it doesn't match firefighting gear and interviews with firefighters indicated they didn't enter through the side door."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/03/us/washington-mansion-fire-slayings-search-warrants/

In Petit family murders, perps hel hostages overnight, and killed them after getting the money mother brought in from the bank. Considering SS apparently knew DW, I don't see how DW could have planned to leave them alive, and get away with it. I believe murder was a part of the plan.

Oh that's just so sad...he planned to kill them all along but may have convinced them he wouldn't...sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1