DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg
Beach morning

Hopefully ATF will get the DNA results back ASAP
I imagine it's hard because there may be multiple victims blood on the objects being analyzed

So in affidavit from GF it says only one money band was visible. If both bands were on the money the GF would know how much money it was as bands have the total amount. So for the photo to show two stacks but only one band how would the money have been positioned. Knowing the bragger JW is you would think he'd make it look as impressive as possible. Makes me wonder if this was texted before he receive the $40K from the bank. Might accountant have grabbed all cash on hand at AIW---some of it unbanded and one stack that had been gotten from the B of A on previous occasion?

<modsnip> If the money bands around the stacks of cash were white, the cash could not have come directly from the bank. There are different colored bands, standardized to help one quickly and easily identify the denomination and how much is in a stack. The band/strap color for $100 bills is mustard, not white. Given the specificity of the description of the texted photo in the affidavit, doesn't this seem like a glaring discrepancy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currency_strap

Do we all agree that something in DW's initial plan went wrong? That he didn't originally intend to stay as long as he did, and possibly didn't intend to kill the family? Might be a helpful theoretical.

I'm not ready to conclude anything about DW other than he is a deranged killer.

My thoughts exactly! They aren't going to find a murder weapon if cause of death was strangulation and he did it with his hands. They have a bat and a knife. Good heavens! This is a nightmare!

What? Did someone say bat? :tantrum:

I'm sorry. I love bats too. :loveyou: Really! I had a bat house at one time.

As requested

Detective Owens said the driver is not a &#8220;suspect&#8221; in the case, but he noted that the man &#8220;was told that he had more information than he was initially giving.&#8221;

Assistant U.S. Attorney Laura Bach noted during her questioning of the detective that the driver freely let police inspect his phone records and that his description of his movements from the time he delivered the money until he returned to the home after the fire was set had been corroborated.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3gd0fI1yD
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Let's be very careful about what we glean from this quote. JW was "told he had more information than he was initially giving."

This means he withheld information from LE. He lied and he withheld information.

His alibi the hours around the fire checked out.

That's all this says.

He may not be a "suspect" in the murders but he still could be Mr Inside who wittingly or unwittingly ran his mouth and put this family in mortal danger.

Then, even in light of the heinous crime that had been committed, for whatever reasons, he withheld information LE needed.

This is no hero or "poor boy."

There is so much more to be revealed.

Good question! He hasn't been charged and it looks like he's going to be a witness for the prosecution. Can rumor and innuendo be expunged from one's history in this day and age of the internet? Unfortunately, I don't think so, but I'm not a legal eagle. I know it costs a pretty penny to have arrests and charges expunged from your public record. It looks like JW attempted to expunge his SM footprint, but alas some will remain until.... the apocalypse?

Honestly, if JW is not involved, I would not harbor a single suspicion that "he got away with it". Right now, it's a big mystery because we haven't heard his side of the story yet. I'm assuming we'll hear it at the trial. There are so many coincidences, and we have so few facts, but we are trying to construct a narrative that makes sense with what we have. We are even more constrained here by the WS TOS. But once we get the whole story, if JW is nothing more than a witness, his proximity to the case would not influence my perception of him.

What will forever influence my perception is the lies he told to LE and the unprofessional behavior, embellishments and outright lies he made public on SM. People who know him are probably already aware of his behavior and elastic sense of integrity. If it weren't for this case, I probably never would have heard of JW. So the case provided a larger audience for the material that JW was already displaying as he actively tried to build a public following. His actions and decisions, unrelated to any criminal activity, will color peoples' image of him for a long time. I think that is a good thing for people who will come into contact with him. They will have the chance to know the kind of persona he wants to portray to the world and how he behaves in semi-personal and professional situations. JMO

Let's be very careful about what we glean from this quote. JW was "told he had more information than he was initially giving."

This means he withheld information from LE. He lied and he withheld information.

That's all this says.

He may not be a "suspect" in the murders but he still could be Mr Inside who wittingly or unwittingly ran his mouth and put this family in mortal danger.

Then, even in light of the heinous crime that had been committed, for whatever reasons, he withheld information LE needed.

He's not a suspect in this case. He's a witness who is going to be called to testify for the State, which is why the defense was attacking him Monday.

The prosecutor realizes this and had the detective testify that although he initially didn't tell all he knew he had fully cooperated after that and his story had been verified

Link to "Mr. Inside" who put the family in mortal danger?

The lead detective and U.S. Atty Bach said the man is not a suspect in this case

Or perhaps the withdrawal took some time, and JW snapped the picture of the first batch of bills while awaiting at the bank for the second batch?

JMO

I don't know that a bank would let someone leave with half the money of a transaction while they finished with the rest. That's not one of the stories JW gave of how he was given the money.

I agreer. The higher res photo shows it's just some trash! Not a buddy. It was an optical illusion in the burry screen shot!

I wish it had been a person. That would have been juicy!

He's not a suspect in this case. He's a witness who is going to be called to testify for the State, which is why the defense was attacking him Monday.

The prosecutor realizes this and had the detective testify that although he initially didn't tell all he knew he had fully cooperated after that and his story had been verified

The lead detective and U.S. Atty Bach said the man is not a suspect in this case

I have been told on this website that LE is essentially cagey in court...answering "I don't know" in order to deny LE evidence or information they do not want disclosed at this point. So, I will take this into consideration in any MSM articles or quotes.

It may just be nothing more than strategy but indeed you are entitled to hold your own opinion. I just don't read these two statements as "expansively" or as "conclusively" as others may do. His whereabouts are confirmed for a few hours that day. But even that does not answer the curious question of his car inside the crime scene tape. Something still off to me. Just because they know where he was...isn't the whole story.

Not a suspect but someone withholding information. Gee, that's no endorsement.

I will be convinced when we have MUCH more information about how this horror transpired.

Honestly, if JW is not involved, I would not harbor a single suspicion that "he got away with it". Right now, it's a big mystery because we haven't heard his side of the story yet. I'm assuming we'll hear it at the trial. There are so many coincidences, and we have so few facts, but we are trying to construct a narrative that makes sense with what we have. We are even more constrained here by the WS TOS. But once we get the whole story, if JW is nothing more than a witness, his proximity to the case would not influence my perception of him.

What will forever influence my perception is the lies he told to LE and the unprofessional behavior, embellishments and outright lies he made public on SM. People who know him are probably already aware of his behavior and elastic sense of integrity. If it weren't for this case, I probably never would have heard of JW. So the case provided a larger audience for the material that JW was already displaying as he actively tried to build a public following. His actions and decisions, unrelated to any criminal activity, will color peoples' image of him for a long time. I think that is a good thing for people who will come into contact with him. They will have the chance to know the kind of persona he wants to portray to the world and how he behaves in semi-personal and professional situations. JMO

:goodpost: I agree. Why lie? I hope he learned a lesson because this case has really bit him in the butt! I have a cousin that I grew up with as kids. He lied ALL the time even when he had no reason to lie. Couldn't trust him as far as you could throw him. We're in our 40s now AND I still don't trust him. Maybe my experience with my cousin influences what I think abut JW. I don't know. I just feel like they're both goofy and self-aggrandizing punks, but definitely not murderers or accomplices to murders. Just wanna-be's who are never gonna-be anything, but what they are right now.

I have been told on this website that LE is essentially cagey in court...answering "I don't know" in order to deny LE evidence or information they do not want disclosed at this point. So, I will take this into consideration in any MSM articles or quotes.

It may just be nothing more than strategy but indeed you are entitled to hold your own opinion. I just don't read these two statements as "expansively" or as "conclusively" as others may do. His whereabouts are confirmed for a few hours that day. But even that does not answer the curious question of his car inside the crime scene tape. Something still off to me. Just because they know where he was...isn't the whole story.

Not a suspect but someone withholding information. Ger, that's no endorsement.

I will be convinced when we have MUCH more information about how this horror transpired.

Granted your opinion, I'm positive if any evidence surfaced showing JW's involvement in this crime he would be charged. It's very unusual for LE to claim someone is cleared but there it is and until something comes up, I'll accept that statement. Below is the statute of limitations for DC.

Criminal
Description Statute

Criminal
Description Statute
Kidnapping, 6 years D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(4)
Manslaughter, 6 years D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(4)
Murder, first degree, No time limit D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(1)(A)
Murder, second degree, No time limit D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(1)(A)
Kidnapping, 6 years D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(4)
Manslaughter, 6 years D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(4)
Murder, first degree, No time limit D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(1)(A)
Murder, second degree, No time limit D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(1)(A)

Not a suspect but someone withholding information. Gee, that's no endorsement.

I agree that there is much more to be revealed. I also agree JW is "no hero or poor boy". I agree he initially didn't disclose all he knew.

But I also take lead detective Owens and U.S. Attorney Bach at their words when they say in court that JW "is not a suspect in this case" and that after his initial interview he had been fully cooperative.

IMO they are signaling to the defense that if they wish to continue trying to implicate JW it's not going to be productive because they have his story "corroborated" via other evidence gathered

I hope he learns by the time he is called to the stand to respond directly and truthfully to questions and most of his answers should be Yes, No, or I don't know. Please don't make stuff up, JW. It just confuses everyone.

Creative writing in reporting. Combining separate statements into a single sentence to subtly make it appear to have another meaning entirely.

Lt. Columbo said FelicityLemon is not a &#8220;suspect&#8221; in the case, but he noted that the fabulous gal &#8220;was told that she had more than a single piece apple pie for breakfast.&#8221;

I notice that the sentence containing quotes (written by someone who may or may not have been in the courtroom) that are separate and it doesn't show if those two statements were made at the same time as part of a single comment from Det. Owens. It makes a huge difference. I can see Det. Owens making those comments at separate times in answer to separate questions. The way the article worded it is open to interpretation. Some people see it one way, some see it as it is: a non sequitur. I'll revise my opinion if or when we have access to the actual testimony given. because as it stands, it's open to interpretation.

Did he actually say "JW is not considered a suspect, but he was told that he had more information than he was initially giving." Even the article doesn't say that. LE witnesses generally answer questions succinctly and directly, they don't offer more information than asked for in a single answer.

It's like the article I read this morning that had information from the Monday hearing in the beginning of the article, but towards the end was repeating outdated and incorrect information. Grrrrr.

That's all this says.

I hope he learns by the time he is called to the stand to respond directly and truthfully to questions and most of his answers should be Yes, No, or I don't know. Please don't make stuff up, JW. It just confuses everyone.

I do too. He needs to be truthful, concise and respectful. The defense is going to go after him hard if Monday is any indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1