DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted your opinion, I'm positive if any evidence surfaced showing JW's involvement in this crime he would be charged. It's very unusual for LE to claim someone is cleared but there it is and until something comes up, I'll accept that statement. Below is the statute of limitations for DC.

Criminal
Description Statute

Criminal
Description Statute
Kidnapping, 6 years D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(4)
Manslaughter, 6 years D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(4)
Murder, first degree, No time limit D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(1)(A)
Murder, second degree, No time limit D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(1)(A)
Kidnapping, 6 years D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(4)
Manslaughter, 6 years D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(4)
Murder, first degree, No time limit D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(1)(A)
Murder, second degree, No time limit D.C. Code § 23-113(a)(1)(A)

First, let me say I don't know if JW is involved or guilty of any crime here. If LE thinks he's guilty, given JW's work relationship with SS, and the fact that the only people who could confirm or deny certain assertions by JW are dead, makes proving it much harder than someone who didn't spend time in the S home, drive their cars and "know their business". Information that is considered suspicious by LE (and some WSers) that can be explained away with an innocent explanation is not going to be very valuable to the prosecution. The defense only needs one juror to have reasonable doubt. If LE had JW's DNA on pizza crust, I think he would not only be an official "suspect" but he would be in jail. Anything other than that or JWs fingerprints on the murder weapon in the victims' blood, can be excused with a carefully crafted story by JW and attorneys. There isn't anyone alive who can support or refute JW's degree of access to the crime scenes.

Guilty or innocent, LE will have a hard time building a case against JW unless they have his participation on video somewhere. If that was the case, I think they would have arrested him.

From what we heard yesterday, sounds to me like the defense is planning to call JW as a witness...

Since the State presents it's case first I think they'll call JW. The defense will get its chance on cross (and I'm sure it'll be a good one!). They could recall him in their own case I guess..
I was kinda impressed with Ago...he has a terrible client but he's putting up a fight for him

I don't understand why everyone is so excited about this quote. This is what LE has been saying all along. It's not new. Is it because LE is still saying it that gives it more importance now than before?

I think it has more importance now because the detectives have had the time and resources to fully investigate his cell /computer/testimony now.

From what we heard yesterday, sounds to me like the defense is planning to call JW as a witness...

They would be much better off to let the state call him, so they could try and discredit and impeach him. That is more valuable than calling them by themselves. JMO

If the state does not call him, then they will, I am sure. Then they can ask why the state did not do so. Raising some doubt there.

Ultimately, it does not help DFW much either way, unless they are going to say that JW did the killing and framed DW by inviting him for pizza.

Wouldn't it be .90 a page for "regular" copy? I'm confused. Looks like it's approx 40 pages per hour for 4 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cost of transcripts (per page): $3.65 for Regular Delivery (30 calendar days for non-appeal and 60 calendar days for appeal), $4.25 for Intermediate Delivery (15 calendar days), $4.85 for Expedite (7 calendar days), $5.15 for Express (3 business days) , $6.06 for Daily (9:00 am following business day), $7.25 for Hourly (Approval Required), $0.90 for Copy (Regular or Expedite Delivery) $1.20 for Copy (Daily Delivery)
Realtime Transcript
A realtime transcript is an unedited draft produced by a CRR (Certified Realtime Reporter) as a by- product of realtime to be delivered electronically during proceedings or immediately following adjournment. Cost for realtime feed: $3.05 per page and the same copy page rate as outlined above. The $3.05 is in addition to the page rates outlined above and the delivery requested.

I'm not sure, but I think that is if you want more than one copy, the additional copy is .90/page.

Even if it was .90/page, the transcript would still cost $144 or approximately $100. :)

I'd contribute! I wish we could know how many pages before buying it. If it wasn't too long, I'd do it all, but four hours might be an awful lot of pages yikes.

I'm confused about the price per page. I'm going to call tomorrow and if it's .90 per page......you got a deal! [emoji16]

I'd contribute! I wish we could know how many pages before buying it. If it wasn't too long, I'd do it all, but four hours might be an awful lot of pages yikes.

I'm hoping one of the news stations will buy it and put it on Scribd!

He did not wear a mask and he tortured the boy. No way he could leave them as witnesses.

Has it been said anywhere that he didn't wear a mask? I'm trying to figure out how anyone could confirm that who is alive.

The Lead Detective was not cagey about whether or not JW is a suspect in this case. Despite his initial interview JW is not a suspect in this case.

At this stage, with DW going to trial soon, JW is nothing more than a witness who will be questioned under oath by the prosecution as well as the defense JMO

I appreciate that you have been steadfast in your support of JW. I respect your diligence but ask that you be respectful of an alternative opinion. Frankly, we are parsing words that are put in the mouths of officials by reporters who may have agendas. The officials may have agendas.

There is too much silence, too many unknowns, and too many agendas for me to reverse my opinion at this point.

I understand that repeating a media interpretation that supports one viewpoint is something that those who support that viewpoint encourage. I respect that and will welcome the repitition in that spirit that you offer it.

But it is pretty much meaningless to me at this juncture.

Thank you though.

First, let me say I don't know if JW is involved or guilty of any crime here. If LE thinks he's guilty, given JW's work relationship with SS, and the fact that the only people who could confirm or delay certain assertions by JW are dead, makes proving it much harder than someone who didn't spend time in the S home, drive their cars and "know their business". Information that is considered suspicious by LE (and some WSers) that can be explained away with an innocent explanation is not going to be very valuable to the prosecution. The defense only needs one juror to have reasonable doubt. If LE had JW's DNA on pizza crust, I think he would not only be an official "suspect" but he would be in jail. Anything other than that or JWs fingerprints on the murder weapon in the victims' blood, can be excused with a carefully crafted story by JW and attorneys. There isn't anyone alive who can support or refute JW's degree of access to the crime scenes.

Guilty or innocent, LE will have a hard time building a case against JW unless they have his participation on video somewhere. If that was the case, I think they would have arrested him.

The detective charged with investigating this crime does know. He testified, under oath, that JW is not a suspect in this case.
The prosecutor, through her questioning, brought out that JW had been cooperative and his whereabouts had been "corroborated".
I don't like that he lied initially. But since that point he's cooperated and has been cleared as a suspect per Detective Owens.
JW is a witness.
IMO

I don't understand why everyone is so excited about this quote. This is what LE has been saying all along. It's not new. Is it because LE is still saying it that gives it more importance now than before?

Exactly. And I think LE is NOT still saying this, for all we know (until we get transcript) the article may have filled in with that quote from early in the investigation in order to mislead. It actually mischaracterizes the Lead Detective statement if those two parts weren't from the same statement at the prelim.

It could have been the words of a question from DT: "Detective Owens, isn't it true that JW was told that he had more information than he was initially giving?”

Det. would have answered a simple "yes or that's true" and the spin begins.

I swear, some of the fast and loose journalism these days is edging closer to the National Enquirer. Not that I'm accusing the wtonline of anything like this.

moo. moo. moo.

I think it has more importance now because the detectives have had the time and resources to fully investigate his cell /computer/testimony now.

But not enough time to process the bloody bat and duct tape? Go figure...

^^^^^ I vote for this! :fence: But, it will be unproofed it sounds like. :fence:

That happened in previous trials..in Arias Beth Karas purchased some transcripts IIRC

They would be much better off to let the state call him, so they could try and discredit and impeach him. That is more valuable than calling them by themselves. JMO

If the state does not call him, then they will, I am sure. Then they can ask why the state did not do so. Raising some doubt there.

Ultimately, it does not help DFW much either way, unless they are going to say that JW did the killing and framed DW by inviting him for pizza.

LOL: DFW is that Daron F'n Wint? :hilarious:

Has it been said anywhere that he didn't wear a mask? I'm trying to figure out how anyone could confirm that who is alive.

Has not been confirmed AFAIK. But I think it might have been found, if so. but who knows.

Wonder what the defense plans to argue - "No, you did not drop off the $40,000."?

I'm confused about the price per page. I'm going to call tomorrow and if it's .90 per page......you got a deal! [emoji16]

I think it will still take 30 days to receive it. The instructions say you have to take the form into the court house. Wish there was a way to get a digital copy and pay online! If you find there is, please share the info!!! TIA!

Wonder what the defense plans to argue - "No, you did not drop off the $40,000."?

That made me laugh out loud! Thanks, needed that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. And I think LE is NOT still saying this, for all we know (until we get transcript) the article may have filled in with that quote from early in the investigation in order to mislead. It actually mischaracterizes the Lead Detective statement if those two parts weren't from the same statement at the prelim.

It could have been the words of a question from DT: "Detective Owens, isn't it true that JW was told that he had more information than he was initially giving?”

Det. would have answered a simple "yes or that's true" and the spin begins.

I swear, some of the fast and loose journalism these days is edging closer to the National Enquirer. Not that I'm accusing the wtonline of anything like this.

moo. moo. moo.

Exactly. We really don't know what was asked, what was said, or why?

We don't know the phraseology..."is JW a suspect?" "We have no other named suspects at this moment. We are still processing a great deal of evidence."

" Did he cooperate?" "Yes, but, he was informed that we know he was holding back info." (Or whatever semblance of that quote is paraphrased.

"Did everything he told you check out?" "His movements from the time of the fire until we made contact with him check out"

In short, it could be "damning with faint praise."

Or otherwise. The media is notoriously biased and sloppy IMO. I will wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1