DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But not enough time to process the bloody bat and duct tape? Go figure...

The detectives are not the ones that process the DNA results. The forensics labs are months behind and backed up with DNA requests. But the investigators themselves pore over the cell logs and computer info in-house.

The detectives are not the ones that process the DNA results. The forensics labs are months behind and backed up with DNA requests. But the investigators themselves pore over the cell logs and computer info in-house.

Right. ATF is processing the DNA, IIRC

Wonder what the defense plans to argue - "No, you did not drop off the $40,000."?

There is not a lot they can argue that helps their client get away from the murder charges. They can cast suspicion that JW was a co-conspirator. But that's it. The only thing that absolves DW is if he can make it seem like JW framed DW and did the crime himself. That is a bit of an uphill battle.

Exactly. We really don't know what was asked, what was said, or why?

We don't know the phraseology..."is JW a suspect?" "We have no other named suspects at this moment. We are still processing a great deal of evidence."

" Did he cooperate?" "Yes, but, he was informed that we know he was holding back info." (Or whatever semblance of that quote is paraphrased.

"Did everything he told you check out?" "His movements from the time of the fire until we made contact with him check out"

In short, it could be "damning with faint praise."

Or otherwise. The media is notoriously biased and sloppy IMO. I will wait.

I respect your right to view JW however you wish.

He has not been charged with a crime and the Washington Times reported

Detective Owens said the driver is not a suspect in the case,

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/20/suspect-in-dc-mansion-slayings-due-back-in-court/

I'm confused about the price per page. I'm going to call tomorrow and if it's .90 per page......you got a deal! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, please find out the legalities of being able to post publicly after purchase. :D

Thank you so much!

Good question! He hasn't been charged and it looks like he's going to be a witness for the prosecution. Can rumor and innuendo be expunged from one's history in this day and age of the internet? Unfortunately, I don't think so, but I'm not a legal eagle. I know it costs a pretty penny to have arrests and charges expunged from your public record. It looks like JW attempted to expunge his SM footprint, but alas some will remain until.... the apocalypse?

And it's not just rumor and innuendo on SM. It's also myriad articles from news outlets like WaPo that reported on official docs that LE said JW lied in a quadruple homicide investigation. I suppose you have to come out and say that's not the truth, or there's a reason I lied and it was stupid. I think people would cut him some slack.

Also, please find out the legalities of being able to post publicly after purchase. :D

Thank you so much!

They are public records :) The charges are service charges for the copying, etc.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/20/suspect-in-dc-mansion-slayings-due-back-in-court/

Yes indeed. The Washington Times made that paraphrase but we do not know what was actually said or the context or the rationale. Please understand that I am only respectfully repeating my point of view in the same respectful spirit you repeat yours.

could we have a mutual moratorium for the sake of others who read here? I'm game if you are. And, hey, how about some pictures of what cooking at your house! I do love your cooking!

With the lack of hard information, and my hearty appetite, your picture posts are one of the great attractions at the moment.

Thanks for the delicious distractions!

And it's not just rumor and innuendo on SM. It's also myriad articles from news outlets like WaPo that reported on official docs that LE said JW lied in a quadruple homicide investigation. I suppose you have to come out and say that's not the truth, or there's a reason I lied and it was stupid. I think people would cut him some slack.

It's not just rumor and innuendo, since it's recorded that he lied in all of the official docs that have been released.

Exactly. We really don't know what was asked, what was said, or why?

We don't know the phraseology..."is JW a suspect?" "We have no other named suspects at this moment. We are still processing a great deal of evidence."

" Did he cooperate?" "Yes, but, he was informed that we know he was holding back info." (Or whatever semblance of that quote is paraphrased.

"Did everything he told you check out?" "His movements from the time of the fire until we made contact with him check out"

In short, it could be "damning with faint praise."

Or otherwise. The media is notoriously biased and sloppy IMO. I will wait.

Here is what I find strange about the defense going so hard at JW. It seems very odd because what do they hope to accomplish?

They seem to be implying that JW was somehow involved. IF that is true, and he is a co-conspirator with DW, like some here believe, then HOW DOES THAT HELP DW'S CASE? If they shine the light on JW, doesnt that threaten DW even more? What if JW is forced to make a deal and then he tells all? JW is the ONE MAN that can put DW on death row.

So it leads me to believe he is a red herring.

Yes indeed. The Washington Times made that paraphrase but we do not know what was actually said or the context or the rationale. Please understand that I am only respectfully repeating my point of view in the same respectful spirit you repeat yours.

could we have a mutual moratorium for the sake of others who read here? I'm game if you are. And, hey, how about some pictures of what cooking at your house! I do love your cooking!

With the lack of hard information, and my hearty appetite, your picture posts are one of the great attractions at the moment.

Thanks for the delicious distractions!

image.jpg
Tonight is shrimp, corn on the cob and homegrown tomatoes

Since the State presents it's case first I think they'll call JW. The defense will get its chance on cross (and I'm sure it'll be a good one!). They could recall him in their own case I guess..
I was kinda impressed with Ago...he has a terrible client but he's putting up a fight for him

I agree about Ago... he has nothing to work with and still gave it a go (yuck yuck).

It is true that he has lied. But the rumour and innuendo are built upon that to claim that he hired DW to steal cars/kill the family/steal cash.

Sorry to belabor the point, but they've been saying since the beginning that he hasn't been named a suspect. They haven't said "cleared" or "not a person of interest" or anything like that. Given how narrowly they were construing and answering the question (e.g., "I don't know why JW had a photo of $20k before the money pick-up (unsaid: when I actually do know that the actual time of the text was 9:57)" I can only assume that he was construing every question very narrowly, so "not a suspect" could mean, "not a suspect (unsaid: we already know he didn't do it)" or "not a suspect (unsaid: yet)" or "not a suspect (unsaid: but a person of interest)" or any number of things.

I just want whatever the truth is to come out -- I don't care who committed the crime as long as the right person or people are prosecuted and convicted.

They are public records :) The charges are service charges for the copying, etc.

That's not what just happened to us in the McStay case. The prelim hearing transcripts were sold for 200 bucks but were not allowed to be displayed on the net under penalty of law. Very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1