DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was probably left out as there really isn't anything said there that the media hasn't already reported previously. From the filings in the very beginning it said that he showed LE his phone records, it was reported ages ago that he's on camera at Lowe's with how that ties to his phone GPS records and JW has never been a suspect. Without knowing precisely what was said they could have backhandedly acknowledged part of what Wallace has said hasn't been corroborated given how JW returned to the home not once but twice with a gap of hours inbetween:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/detective-2-d-c-mansion-murder-victims-were-strangled/
You don't have to have been in the house to be a conspirator, though Wallace could have had a string of bad judgments as I think it's been shown that he has bad judgment. I'd really like to know what he was doing after he fled the scene for hours. I think Wallace may be in a position where he can't really be cleared by LE for the damage done to his reputation, like LE can't clear Wallace for lying to LE short of LE saying it was actually them who lied to the judge in the filing, they can't clear Wallace of taking photos of the money and they can't clear him for fleeing the scene while at the same time all along they've never said he was suspect so I don't think there's anything they can do as even if he's not a criminal he's going to look really bad.

He didn't flee the scene. They corroborated his movements, which was testified to at the hearing.

About this vest DW was wearing, we know it has DW's DNA and Mr. S's DNA and a third person.

So, did DW get the vest from the garage and put it on to try to gain entry to the house, sort of like FelicityLemon described with utility people coming to your house?

Or, did DW get the vest from the third person whose DNA is also on the vest who was in possession of the vest and told him to wear the vest and he wouldn't look out of place in the neighborhood?

The vests must be flame retardant since it didn't burn up in the Porsche, or DW is not a very good at torching vehicles and burning houses... which considering what we know about DW would be par for the course.

I think I might be leery of people in green neon vests now.

I'd be scared to go into the neighborhood. The church parking lot is where thieves torch cars because there is no camera at the church (or there wasn't at the time DW torched the Porsche), and the whole trail is creepy and seedy-looking. I'd much rather you attend the hearings... :blushing:

I agree. I wouldn't traipse around the back of those building. Stay safe. All the info will eventually come out.

Maybe SS managed to get away and was trying to call for help. 11:54 has to be really close in time to the murders.

It could be that. It could be something like DW had the phone in his pocket and accidently re dialed...
We just don't know and probably won't until trial

Maybe SS managed to get away and was trying to call for help. 11:54 has to be really close in time to the murders.

Since DW stole the phones, maybe DW just hit redial on SS's phone to see who he called last? It's hard to think about... those last few minutes of the ordeal.

IMO a reason why JW is such a curiosity may be because he has not spoken publicly to clear his name, no known social media communication, as was his MO- so I see the curiosity. I keep waiting for him to be a guest on 20/20 or CNN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO a reason why JW is such a curiosity may be because he has not spoken publicly to clear his name, no known social media communication, as was his MO- so I see the curiosity. I keep waiting for him to be a guest on 20/20 or CNN.

IMO he's on media lockdown per the prosecution. He will be a key witness in the trial.

Any lawyer would advice him not to talk. Remember, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law.

That had been what I was thinking where he - unbound - was killed in response to his breaking free and then because they killed him, they killed everyone else as well though I'm not sure what to make of it now that they've revised the cause of death. Maybe they also revised on whether or not he was unbound at the time just that hasn't been reported as I don't know why SS would voluntarily allow himself to be strangled. The prior description of things made more sense where an unbound SS was hit from behind with a baseball bat, which sounded like SS trying to get away/fight a perp and SS being rabbit hit from behind.

About this vest DW was wearing, we know it has DW's DNA and Mr. S's DNA and a third person.

So, did DW get the vest from the garage and put it on to try to gain entry to the house, sort of like FelicityLemon described with utility people coming to your house?

Or, did DW get the vest from the third person whose DNA is also on the vest who was in possession of the vest and told him to wear the vest and he wouldn't look out of place in the neighborhood?

The vests must be flame retardant since it didn't burn up in the Porsche, or DW is not a very good at torching vehicles and burning houses... which considering what we know about DW would be par for the course.

I think I might be leery of people in green neon vests now.

Yeah, i'm surprised they got DNA. That Porsche was burned up badly!

That had been what I was thinking where he - unbound - was killed in response to his breaking free and then because they killed him, they killed everyone else as well though I'm not sure what to make of it now that they've revised the cause of death. Maybe they also revised on whether or not he was unbound at the time just that hasn't been reported as I don't know why SS would voluntarily allow himself to be strangled. The prior description of things made more sense where an unbound SS was hit from behind with a baseball bat, which sounded like SS trying to get away/fight a perp and SS being rabbit hit from behind.

I think they were strangled in addition to blunt force trauma. So he could have been still hit with a bat, then strangled on top of it to make sure he was dead.

Soon as JW speaks, half the people will think he's telling the truth and the other half will think he's lying.

Did you see his eyes when they asked that question?
I don't believe him when he answered that!
Did he take a lie detector?
I'll bet a psychic could find out.
He looked left and should have looked right.
He hesitated answering that one.

Endless reasons

Yeah, i'm surprised they got DNA. That Porsche was burned up badly!

But vest didn't burn. We knew that early on, because police were showing photo of the vest around, in early days of the investigation.

Maybe he'll get his 15 minutes after all!

I've thought that too, but then I think if he actually was able to get away and make a call for help, it would have been to 911.

I've thought that too, but then I think if he actually was able to get away and make a call for help, it would have been to 911.

JW's phone was likely programed into his. So this could have been quicker.

Soon as JW speaks, half the people will think he's telling the truth and the other half will think he's lying.

Did you see his eyes when they asked that question?
I don't believe him when he answered that!
Did he take a lie detector?
I'll bet a psychic could find out.
He looked left and should have looked right.
He hesitated answering that one.

Endless reasons

Of course! That's what we do here. I don't understand the ridicule for discussion about a case on a site that is about discussing cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1