DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone searched for a link between dojo/martial arts/etc and Wint?

Where did you see that? That would suggest they weren't killed before the fire, as previously reported. Or are you talking about a different case?

This is my fault. I mentioned the fire in Annapolis in January that burned a mansion to the ground with the family inside (Don Pyle). I was wondering about a connection, because a lot of people thought it was too suspicious that the family didn't get out as the home was new and 16,000 sf. It was incinerated.

The car is confusing
It was seen speeding on Wed but back on the street, parked on Thursday
Did he take Amy with him on wed to get cash?
Disable the HK and child?
Then come back and wait for SS to arrive?

PC is scheduled for 12:15 since it was announced this a.m.

I think that means they were alive when the fire was set. Three died from smoke inhalation and that poor little boy burned to death.

I've messed up this thread. My apologies. This response by popsicle was because I brought up the Don Pyle mansion fire that killed two adults and four children in Annapolis in January. Sorry.

The firefighters quickly got the house fire under control. That is why they know the injuries the victims sustained and why they were able to get his DNA so quickly.

They likely didn't. It was likely ransom money. Sounds like a lot of people should have become suspicious but for whatever reason didn't contact police.

I agree. I didn't word it right - what I meant was how in the world would this not trigger some kind of investigation....I assume the banker, associate, and others were told this concocted story that he needed this much cash to open the martial arts center. Surely his accountant and/or banker had dealt with other new businesses and would think that was not normal. I know this is all useless speculation at this point...just trying to understand how this many red flags were missed. News conference in about 30 minutes? Maybe we'll learn some more...

If one of the bad guys made Amy drive to the bank, that may explain the reports of erratic driving. She may have been trying to attract attention or maybe get pulled over. I know I was lost one time in a VERY BAD area of an unfamiliar town when I was traveling for my job years ago. I didn't even feel safe asking anyone for directions, and this was before the use of smartphones or Garmin devices.

So I started running red lights like crazy, and accelerating from a stop as fast as I could. Alas, no police appeared...where are they when you need them?

In this scenario, it is likely that there were more bad guys at the house, guarding the other hostage(s). I guess the thing to do if we were in that situation is to crash the car hard on the perp's side, hitting a pole or something. But I guess there would be a risk that you wouldn't be in the sort of shape to tell the officers what is going on....maybe the plan back at the house was to start ending lives if they didn't come back from the bank run within a certain period of time.

Just speculating...

I'm still playing catch up in a MAJOR way but this story makes me SO SO SO sad/angry. We here at WS most likely would have done all of these things (the many warning signs that were not picked up on) if in this situation. Those poor (non WS) people were smart enough to send out red flags along the way and it's tragic that nobody noticed enough to call the police for help. I pray that they are resting in peace now. What an awful thing to happen to a family. I'm still reading about vests, pizza deliveries and how they found out the perp(s) were there for 10 hours. :(

“He doesn’t listen,” his stepmother, who was not identified, told ABC News. “You try to tell him and guide him the right way, but he thinks he knows the law … more than anybody else. He was very argumentative. Everywhere he goes there's an argument ... very arrogant.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-murders-fire-found-pizza-box-dna-article-1.2230243

The Savopoulos' blue Porsche was found burning two miles away from Wint's listed address.

I think a lot of these contacts have to be devastated that none of them picked up on the many signals Savvas was trying to send to them when he was desperately trying to save all of their lives. Why does it seem that the luck is always with the evildoer and not the innocent victims?

What a shame that no one had LE do a welfare check, but that is 20/20 hindsight. No one in their right mind could ever imagine something like this happening to people they knew.

Interesting that his former defense attorney didn't think Wint could hurt a fly, yet he has a reported history of sexual assault?

Wint is most likely a psychopath. They can fool people very well.

It will be interesting to see if the cleaning lady, NG, keeps talking...if she does, maybe she knows of DW. Has she spoken out since his name was released?

“He doesn’t listen,” his stepmother, who was not identified, told ABC News. “You try to tell him and guide him the right way, but he thinks he knows the law … more than anybody else. He was very argumentative. Everywhere he goes there's an argument ... very arrogant.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/suspect-murders-fire-found-pizza-box-dna-article-1.2230243

The Savopoulos' blue Porsche was found burning two miles away from Wint's listed address.

He can argue with the prison ward soon, every day.

Why $40,000? That's a lot of money. But it is a relatively small amount compared to what they had access to. Yes they probably had some in a home safe. Yes they would need to keep the amount low enough to keep it the bank from becoming suspicious. But this is the type of family who would have access to multiple accounts and lines of credit at multiple banks. And multiple employees to ask to do the pick ups and deliveries. So why not ask the assistant to do the pick up at one bank, and another employee at another. Or the bank might even be willing to send someone over. And housekeeper from the home account. Signatures and permissions could be done digitally and through fax and phone. Business accounts could all be given the same excuse for withdrawal. I mean if they give the same reasoning to bank A and bank B it isn't like they are going to be checking with each other and comparing notes.

BTW I think all persons with large accounts/lines of credit at a bank should set up "safe words" to indicate when they are under duress.

This is my fault. I mentioned the fire in Annapolis in January that burned a mansion to the ground with the family inside (Don Pyle). I was wondering about a connection, because a lot of people thought it was too suspicious that the family didn't get out as the home was new and 16,000 sf. It was incinerated.

There was 2 month old 18ft dried out Christmas tree in a HUGE room full of oxygen that made that fire go quickly and limited escape.

Wint’s stepmother, speaking to ABC News, called Wint “hostile.”

“He doesn’t listen,” said the woman, who has not bee identified. “You try to tell him and guide him the right way, but he thinks he knows the law … more than anybody else. He was very argumentative. Everywhere he goes there's an argument ... very arrogant.”

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...suspect-sources-say-114133.html#ixzz3amzCGNT4
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

CNN: Perpetrators erased home video camera data. Philip was stabbed and tortured before set on fire.

What a shame that no one had LE do a welfare check, but that is 20/20 hindsight. No one in their right mind could ever imagine something like this happening to people they knew.

The thing is SS spoke to his sister that morning
She said he sounded fine so I am assuming family had no idea anything was wrong at the home

I find it hard to believe that a bank would just hand over cash without question but we have no idea what his relationship was with his bank or what his business practices were.
Its odd to me that HK's husband wasn't more concerned when his wife never showed up the night before, but again, we don't know their relationship history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic