DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN: Perpetrators erased home video camera data. Philip was stabbed and tortured before set on fire.

MONSTERS
This guy should suffer the same way.. publicly
I am not usually angry like this, but I can NOT get that dear child out of my mind
Its just too evil to imagine

I think he could have acted alone, especially since it seems that all three adults were not present when he first entered the home. It's feasible that he would be able to subdue each person one at a time.

Agree. Also, from the photos you can see that he is very muscular. If he did this alone, it's more likely that there was some advance planning involved. With no advance planning, it's less likely he could pull this off -- ropes to tie them up etc -- for this many hours by himself.

There was 2 month old 18ft dried out Christmas tree in a HUGE room full of oxygen that made that fire go quickly and limited escape.

True. But I wonder if this home (Savopoulos) had totally and utterly burned to the ground as the home in Annapolis did, if we would know about the injuries to the family? I just wondered. But I should leave that case out of this because the responses and quotes are confusing people between the two. So I will now quit. :)

Don't want to get ready for work until after news conference. Running late. Hope it's soon

Ugh, maybe the text was just rushed/secret because they were being terrorized...maybe the wife was using swipe, because most phones aren't qwerty/keyboards...only touch screen if you're trippin' out and scared you may not be the most accurate text-er

"since the suspect is black..." "maid...accent" "since I deal with foreigners... I think the living made is guilty of something"

Oh, that's not very nice language/wording

Agree. But this guy didn't just stumble across a $40k robbery. Plus the maid verified personally that the money was delivered. Plus other things.

So it just seems like she is in on it.

Federal Marshalls aggressively tracking him to NYC. My guess is once they capture him, they will get him to sell out his accomplice.

I haven't followed this thread until today. The DC area has been inundated with news reports.

I'm thinking about the Porsche. He used it to escape the area. There have been no news reports of how he got to the house. Did he have someone drop him off and pick him up from the area where the Porsche was found? Otherwise, he would have driven there in his own car. Have police searched the area for any car registered to him or someone he knew?

I read through a lot of his Friends public stuff. A lot of them refer to themselves as"self-employed"....or a OWNER at "self-employed."

If it's not slang...is it some kind of mutual affiliation they all have together?

That means they have no job, it's a joke / slang for being unemployed.

Agree. Also, from the photos you can see that he is very muscular. If he did this alone, it's more likely that there was some advance planning involved. With no advance planning, it's less likely he could pull this off -- ropes to tie them up etc -- for this many hours by himself.

There is the term overkill and I think it definitely applies here. Usually when there is overkill it means a close connection. But can also come when the suspect is mentally ill or on drugs.

This suspect is very well built. Almost overly so. I am thinking that steriods will be a factor here. The behavior the stepmother describes could also be caused by steroid use. I believe that when coming down from steroids is when they are most dangerous. Term for that is roid rage.

This 40 thousand dollars is bugging me. why 40,000? How much do those fancy cars he seems to like so much (per fb) cost? Maybe the family said we will give you the money to buy your own, just leave us alone? I mean after they had been taken hostage in their home.

It is also used when they are doing illegal activities. They aren't drug dealers for example, they are self employed.

I don't believe anyone here made any comment like this. I think a profiler or two, in the news, speculated this might be the case.

A WS poster definitely said it was probably a latino because they liked to use knives, and then jumped to the conclusion that it was probably a landscaper.

Don't the WS TOS forbid racial and ethnic slurs? Is there a moderator here? Because I have lost count of the offensive comments posted in this thread.....

Yeah, and most likely living off welfare provided by hard working taxpayers like the Savopoulos family and their housekeeper...makes me sick!

Press briefing has not yet begun. Scheduled for 12:15, it is now 12:20. Still waiting....

The thing is SS spoke to his sister that morning
She said he sounded fine so I am assuming family had no idea anything was wrong at the home

I find it hard to believe that a bank would just hand over cash without question but we have no idea what his relationship was with his bank or what his business practices were.
Its odd to me that HK's husband wasn't more concerned when his wife never showed up the night before, but again, we don't know their relationship history

I find it odd that he heard someone in the house, and at that moment (correct me if I'm wrong) his phone rings with an explanation of the "missing" wife. I would wonder why SS couldn't come to the door or at least who was in the house. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic