DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were only in the home ten hours? Assuming the perps left the house shortly after the fire started, that would mean they must have entered the home in the middle of the night.

The other possibility could be someone from SS's workplace. Plausible but much more difficult for me to envision.

The burned car was found not far from the workplace, so that is a possibility.

They were only in the home ten hours? Assuming the perps left the house shortly after the fire started, that would mean they must have entered the home in the middle of the night.

I don't think 10 hours is accurate. They had to have been in the house already on Wednesday evening prior to the maid leaving, because maid didn't leave. She wasn't planning to stay the night. So there would be no reason for her to be there at night.

I don't think 10 hours is accurate. They had to have been in the house already on Wednesday evening prior to the maid leaving, because maid didn't leave. I think the "twitter" was quite liberal with her time and how much money they wanted.

Exactly. I was thinking they must have been in the house somewhere between 20-24 hours.

I haven't heard anything lately about the package that was supposedly delivered to the house on Thursday. Has it been determined conclusively that the package was still there upon arrival of first responders?

There was a woman responding to the comments section of one website that indicated it was money in the amount of $40,000, delivered by someone from AIW under the auspices it was to buy a piece of art. This woman identified herself as SS's niece, which to me seemed fishy but not impossible.

Exactly. I was thinking they must have been in the house somewhere between 20-24 hours.
I agree. 10 hours meant they would have gone into the house in the middle of the night. Maid would have been at home sleeping, if that was the case. I bet the killers got into the house sometime in the afternoon on Wednesday.

This is very similar to the tragic Petit family massacre. And that started when the monsters followed the wife and her two teen girls home from the grocery store. It could have started a similar way here too. Someone seeing Amy driving home in her Porsche, for example.

Just as we are discussing these murdering *****, I had somebody from utility company knocking on my door. They wanted to get into my backyard. They went into my back yard (they were apparently legit), but it's so very easy to pretend to be from some utility company and get access to the house.

Thats amazing and you are right it shows how easy this could happen.

I think a good law should be passed that requirs ALL utility companies to notify homeowners in writing and by phone before doing scheduled mainteance or checking meters.

I have had electric company people show up and start to work in the yard like they own the place.

I haven't heard anything lately about the package that was supposedly delivered to the house on Thursday. Has it been determined conclusively that the package was still there upon arrival of first responders?

There was a woman responding to the comments section of one website that indicated it was money in the amount of $40,000, delivered by someone from AIW under the auspices it was to buy a piece of art. This woman identified herself as SS's niece, which to me seemed fishy but not impossible.
I haven't heard anything else about the package and whether it was still there. But even if the package was still there, doesn't mean that whatever used to be inside was still there. I think whoever claimed to be niece wasn't an actual niece.

Check out Bruce Leshan (@BruceLeshan): https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan?s=09

BREAKING: Investigators believe killers tortured Phillip Savopoulis, 10, during 10 hour cash extortion from family in NW DC mansion. @wusa9

Investigators believe killers may have ordered pizza while extorting $1,000 from #Savopoulos family. @wusa9

Meant to say they were extorting tens of thousands of dollars. @wusa9

The details just keep getting more heartbreaking in this case!

OMG, I wish I hadn't read this part. Someone has to be a stone cold evil sociopath to be able to torture an innocent child.

I saw SS FB page and under Savvas photo Philip had commented on how handsome Savvas was.:(

God bless all of these victims and their families and friends. I cant begin to even imagine what they endured before they were murdered.

IMO

Check out Bruce Leshan (@BruceLeshan): https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan?s=09

BREAKING: Investigators believe killers tortured Phillip Savopoulis, 10, during 10 hour cash extortion from family in NW DC mansion. @wusa9

Investigators believe killers may have ordered pizza while extorting $1,000 from #Savopoulos family. @wusa9

Meant to say they were extorting tens of thousands of dollars. @wusa9

The details just keep getting more heartbreaking in this case!

What I was afraid of. I don't know how SS could even get through that VM without breaking down knowing Phillip was being hurt. SS did his best to stay strong for his son hoping he could somehow get all out of it. Last night I thought that maybe it was just one perp because if there were 2 then one could have kept the family quiet in that large house while SS was on the phone. The fact that you can hear Phillip, doesn't that lean towards just one perp?

OMG, I wish I hadn't read this part. Someone has to be a stone cold evil sociopath to be able to torture an innocent child.

I saw SS FB page and under Savvas photo Philip had commented on how handsome Savvas was.:(

God bless all of these victims and their families and friends. I cant begin to even imagine what they endured before they were murdered.

IMO
Don't look at twitter then there are more descriptions of Philip that I chose not to post here.

I think the Philip that is commenting on fb is SS father

What I was afraid of. I don't know how SS could even get through that VM without breaking down knowing Phillip was being hurt. SS did his best to stay strong for his son hoping he could somehow get all out of it. Last night I thought that maybe it was just one perp because if there were 2 then one could have kept the family quiet in that large house while SS was on the phone. The fact that you can hear Phillip, doesn't that lean towards just one perp?

No way it's one perp. What would father, mother and housekeeper be doing while one perp was torturing the child? How would one perp control all these people?

Just to throw this out there I'm wondering if this had something to do with terrorism. I say that because there was no point to the murders as it's not like they were shooting hostages in response to the police showing up, but instead did it for no gain. I could understand a lone wolf killing because they're psycho after committing a robbery, but the more people that were involved in this robbery and murder the less it make sense to commit multiple capital crimes for no gain. If on the other hand the money is intended to fund the making of a bomb to go off in or near Washington DC, killing the rich Americans that you're getting the money from would be a bonus.

Ordering the pizza raises a lot of questions in my head. If it was the killer/s ordering, WHY risk that, when they didn't even want Nelly there to identify them? Did they send Savvas to the door? I doubt it because he could have written something on the receipt to hand to him or make a face or something that something was very wrong. And I can't see the perps going to the door due to being identified later. The other thought I had is that app you can order a pizza from by clicking once. I wonder if when they allowed Savvas to call Nelly did he quickly click that, hoping the pizza folks would clue in to something going on when they showed up?

The burned car was found not far from the workplace, so that is a possibility.

I know it was found in the same town about 17-20 miles away from where they lived. Was it also close to AIW? I haven't read that in MSM but I could have missed it.

But as I said, now I am leaning more to this being a stranger to the family and that is why they used a green safety vest trying to pretend they were someone they weren't.

Now what will be interesting is if the murderer is caught if there is a connection of some sort to others who have worked at the home in different capacities both past and present. Someone who gave them the layout of the home including where the cameras were located in exchange for some of the valuables and money they took from the family.

INI

"At one point, the killers may have ordered pizza. Two clerks at a Domino's Pizza tell WUSA9 that a delivery person came to the house."

You've got to be kidding me! They were brave enough to have pizza delivered! Dumb criminal whose luck is going to run out, and it better be soonn!

This is very similar to the tragic Petit family massacre. And that started when the monsters followed the wife and her two teen girls home from the grocery store. It could have started a similar way here too. Someone seeing Amy driving home in her Porsche, for example.

Younger perp in Petit case had a "fondness" for young females. Apparently the younger Petit daughter is what attracted him to follow them home. They both got the death penalty, which most likely will never be carried out (it's in CT).
But I think this case is different in that the perp likely targeted this family and were familiar with their routine.

You've got to be kidding me! They were brave enough to have pizza delivered! Dumb criminal whose luck is going to run out, and it better be soonn!

Not too dumb, since they haven't been caught yet. Also hope for soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone