DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, maybe they are just the family's cars then and nothing else. Maybe he was just concerned since all the vehicles were there and no one was answering. I found a picture here: http://www.examiner.com/article/dc-socialite-savvas-savopoulos-among-4-found-dead-4-5m-home

Thanks for the info, and allowing me to think out loud!

(Sorry, tried to reply to another post by Canaille and failed)

Can anyone make out what the sign is leaning against the brick fence? Looks like either a for sale sign or one that companies leave in the yard when they have done work on a home.

No parent will "hold out" to someone who is threatening their child......don't see it. There were circumstances beyond SS's control. He "couldn't" give them what they wanted at that moment and had to endure this until he could give it to them ......the next day. Most hardened criminals and/or crack heads would not torture a child. This was a well-planned execution and it was always going to end that way......regardless of the fact they got what they wanted. Who orders pizza at a time like that???? Executioners. There are too many things in the family schedule that day that "suddenly" never happened before. Never did a helper stay over, never did a wife not come home, never was the security not on and never was $40,000 bucks dropped off at your doorstep. Keep in mind, we are hearing that voice message and seeing those texts to NG because she SOLD them to a network.....that's how it works. You freely offer the texts and voicemail of a family you worked for for 20 years who have been tortured and burned to death? You don't think law enforcement urged her to NOT make that disturbing voicemail public if for no other reason than there are two daughters who have lost their entire family? There's an ending to this tragedy that will make us all sick in the end. I'm so disgusted I could vomit by what greed and people will do.

BBM

I agree with all you have said there, even if NG was not directly involved in what happened she still SUCKS for talking to media so much and sharing these texts and the voicemail.

This is another excerpt from the Washington Post article already linked. It sounds to me that Savvas got the money from a bank and his assistant picked it up and delivered it.

The documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. The calls started shortly after 7 a.m. May 14 and ended just before noon. The fire was reported at 1:15 p.m.

I think the reason for the overnight hostage situation was that SS did not get home on Wednesday (and taken hostage) until after the banks closed that day. So he could not get access to a large amount of money until Thursday morning when the bank opened. So I don't believe the $40k drop-off had been pre-planned -- it was a rush situation Thursday a.m. to get the perps money.

That those could be where it came from, it doesn't seem like there would be a legit reason for this. If this was some spur of the moment thing where this guy tells his employee he needs $40K in cash delivered to him that day at his home and that doesn't set off huge alarm bells that something is amiss, I'd think they had those accounts because stuffing large sums of money into envelopes was BAU for greasing palms to get construction contracts.

I do think the HK had something to do with this, but I do have to think there was some sort of shading dealings going on if this guy can get $40K in cash delivered to him in a few hours. SG may have known about the shady dealings as it was SG that the assistant called to confirm the delivery of the cash. I could see how SG could tell her friends and family how the family is shady where they bribe politicians with large amounts of cash, so one of her friends or family gets the idea to go after the family in order to get the bribe money that flows through the home.

Not following ^ paragraph 1, but I can be pretty dense at times.
IIUC, $ c/h/come from AIW bank a/cs, but seems like no 'legit reason.'???
Why wd a business not have $40,000 + in bank a/c's, payable on demand, to use for legit exp?
I can also imagine a co w cash-stuffed safe for BAU but not reported to IRS.

For any biz. seems - there s/b multiple employees auth'ed to handle bk transactions.
W other checks & balances in place.

Agreed, for many of us, a phone call to pick up & deliver $40,000 cash to our employer's home, would set off alarms.
If SS' cover story was buying a piece of art w AIW funds, seems - asst might have wanted to CYA by getting further auth from someone else w co. Maybe not.

Is it poss this asst said to self -
oh, these eccentric rich ppl, wanting $ immed'ly to buy piece of art - until he heard of fire & deaths?
Leaving a package w $ cash and not getting SS' siggy or written ack of other recipient, hmmm.

IDK, JM2cts.

There is so much confused and contradictory reporting on this story that I am not sure what to think at this point. I feel like journalists don't double check anything or confirm their sources- heck half of them don't seem to check their spelling. I say this as someone who actually was a journalist for a bit. I find it appalling. I worry that people get tarred and feathered because of contradictory reporting where reporters are merely cadging bits here and there from other reports, cobbling it together and making it seem as if they have breaking news, and not checking their facts or sources.

That those could be where it came from, it doesn't seem like there would be a legit reason for this. If this was some spur of the moment thing where this guy tells his employee he needs $40K in cash delivered to him that day at his home and that doesn't set off huge alarm bells that something is amiss, I'd think they had those accounts because stuffing large sums of money into envelopes was BAU for greasing palms to get construction contracts.

I do think the HK had something to do with this, but I do have to think there was some sort of shading dealings going on if this guy can get $40K in cash delivered to him in a few hours. SG may have known about the shady dealings as it was SG that the assistant called to confirm the delivery of the cash. I could see how SG could tell her friends and family how the family is shady where they bribe politicians with large amounts of cash, so one of her friends or family gets the idea to go after the family in order to get the bribe money that flows through the home.

I disagree. It looks like SS was really scrambling that morning to get the cash together, counting on people to help him with this strange request:

"The documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. The calls started shortly after 7 a.m. May 14 and ended just before noon. The fire was reported at 1:15 p.m."

BBM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html?tid=sm_tw

I think we have established that NG is a talker.

One example is that at first she said she didn't know about the package, but today she does. IMO, she recently heard about the package and is now repeating the information she heard. Either she doesn't get the story right, or the reporters don't, but the fact remains that NG is talking about it.

The woman talks.

Can we make the conclusion that she talked about her clients? And their homes and wealth? And about her schedule?

She's not that careful with her talking, so we might conclude she's not that careful about who is listening.

??

JMO.

I think the reason for the overnight hostage situation was that SS did not get home on Wednesday (and taken hostage) until after the banks closed that day. So he could not get access to a large amount of money until Thursday morning when the bank opened. So I don't believe the $40k drop-off had been pre-planned -- it was a rush situation Thursday a.m. to get the perps money.

I can partially go with that, just how would the perps know SS can get that money home delivered? It's one thing to know someone has money just because they live in a big house, but another thing to know they can get large sums of money delivered to their door without anyone in house having to leave to get the money.

On Nancy Grace they showed a video around the outside of the house and I saw 2 different signs contractors sometimes display to show they have worked on the home. One was a stone/concrete company of some sort and the other was B something. Sorry. Forgot what the other initial was. Anyone else see that?

66efc194eba99219d1ec9a9f0318be86.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/article/dc-socialite-savvas-savopoulos-among-4-found-dead-4-5m-home. May 19

On right side of pix, signs between red car and brick fence-wall, look like R/E or contractor sign. Can anyone w better eyes, higher-res, or bigger monitor read these? TIA.

Also, something bright-yellow or neon-green is there. Same color as safety vests?

I think we have established that NG is a talker.

One example is that at first she said she didn't know about the package, but today she does. IMO, she recently heard about the package and is now repeating the information she heard. Either she doesn't get the story right, or the reporters don't, but the fact remains that NG is talking about it.

The woman talks.

Can we make the conclusion that she talked about her clients? And their homes and wealth? And about her schedule?

She's not that careful with her talking, so we might conclude she's not that careful about who is listening.

??

JMO.

At the least, she's guilty of that. At the LEAST.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dc-socialite-savvas-savopoulos-among-4-found-dead-4-5m-home. May 19

On right side of pix, signs between red car and brick fence-wall, look like R/E or contractor sign. Can anyone w better eyes, higher-res, or bigger monitor read these? TIA.

Also, something bright-yellow or neon-green is there. Same color as safety vests?

The neon thing is a sign shaped like a person that says "kids playing" or "slow: children at play" that you sometimes see at the top of driveways so that drivers on the street know kids may dart out after ball or something.

That poor little boy. Little things like that just make my heart hurt.

I can partially go with that, just how would the perps know SS can get that money home delivered? It's one thing to know someone has money just because they live in a big house, but another thing to know they can get large sums of money delivered to their door without anyone in house having to leave to get the money.

It's possible they had inside information on SS before the crime. It's also possible they just kept threatening him, asking him for more than was in the house and SS played them for time (hoping someone would ultimately show up and help him) and told them he could get $$$ in the am when the bank opened.

To me, this is yet another clue that the perps are young and not sophisticated, even if they have committed crimes in the past. Most people would realize that even very rich people don't have piles of cash at their handy disposal.

The documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. The calls started shortly after 7 a.m. May 14 and ended just before noon. The fire was reported at 1:15 p.m.

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html?tid=sm_tw

Well here it is in a nutshell! these creeps were there to get money and SS got it for them. In fact, he was scrambling. Poor guy did not know after they got it he and his wife, child and the maid would be killed! What living monsters. Who is this heartless. I hope they are caught ASAP.

Not following ^ paragraph 1, but I can be pretty dense at times.
IIUC, $ c/h/come from AIW bank a/cs, but seems like no 'legit reason.'???
Why wd a business not have $40,000 + in bank a/c's, payable on demand, to use for legit exp?
I can also imagine a co w cash-stuffed safe for BAU but not reported to IRS.

That takes prior arrangements, like that would be something that only the owner himself could do, but it doesn't mean that just because someone from a business can withdraw from the account that everyone from the business can withdraw from the account. It is unusual that this could be done without the owners' signature, which a business owner having the authority to go into a bank and take out large chunks of cash directly isn't so strange as underlings able to take out large sums of money and those underlings not thinking something is amiss when doing so.

For any biz. seems - there s/b multiple employees auth'ed to handle bk transactions.
W other checks & balances in place.

Yes and you'd set it up so your employees can't embezzle large sum of money from you by people able to drain your bank accounts and hop on a flight out of a the country.

Agreed, for many of us, a phone call to pick up & deliver $40,000 cash to our employer's home, would set off alarms.
If SS' cover story was buying a piece of art w AIW funds, seems - asst might have wanted to CYA by getting further auth from someone else w co. Maybe not.
Is it poss this asst said to self -
oh, these eccentric rich ppl, wanting $ immed'ly to buy piece of art - until he heard of fire & deaths?
Leaving a package w $ cash and not getting SS' siggy or written ack of other recipient, hmmm.

Whether for a martial arts studio or buying art it should have equally set off major alarms. Unless you're buying art from a fence or otherwise illegitimate source, there's no reason why a legit art dealer is going to want you to pay 40 large in cash rather than in check or wire transfer.

not sure of anything but the HK Is still hinky for a lot of reasons. being in the media and giving them the texts, not keeping her stories straight ( I don't think all of that is media mess ups, not anymore)

Pretty sure the green sign is a kid at play sign like one of these? https://www.google.com/search?q=gre...&sa=X&ei=IkBdVcMiysSCBNHLgNgN&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Local news tonight:

SS has an existing dojo in Great Falls, this dojo would be his second
New dojo in industrial park is in same facility where AIW has a workshop

Not uncommon for his personal assistants to drop off money like last week

Pizza delivery was left on front porch, envelope of cash left as payment

Call to VFs husband stated Amy was at hospital, ended abruptly.
VFs husband not really phased by the abrupt hangup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer