DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family had more than one car.

Of course they had more than one car. And I doubt they parked in the street. The other cars were probably in the garage.
This guy spent his wealth, so his wife and daughters were certainly not taking the bus.
The maid would have no reason to be involved. She had been with them for 20 years, so before their girls were even born. She had known all three kids for their entire lives, plus I am guessing she earned more than $40K a year. Killing her employers would be beyond ridiculous financially. She had a steady, well-paying job.
I do agree it was someone known to the family, however peripherally. Maybe through the new business venture? Also, I am going with they are young adult males, early 20s or late teens.

No parent will "hold out" to someone who is threatening their child......don't see it. There were circumstances beyond SS's control. He "couldn't" give them what they wanted at that moment and had to endure this until he could give it to them ......the next day. Most hardened criminals and/or crack heads would not torture a child. This was a well-planned execution and it was always going to end that way......regardless of the fact they got what they wanted. Who orders pizza at a time like that???? Executioners. There are too many things in the family schedule that day that "suddenly" never happened before. Never did a helper stay over, never did a wife not come home, never was the security not on and never was $40,000 bucks dropped off at your doorstep. Keep in mind, we are hearing that voice message and seeing those texts to NG because she SOLD them to a network.....that's how it works. You freely offer the texts and voicemail of a family you worked for for 20 years who have been tortured and burned to death? You don't think law enforcement urged her to NOT make that disturbing voicemail public if for no other reason than there are two daughters who have lost their entire family? There's an ending to this tragedy that will make us all sick in the end. I'm so disgusted I could vomit by what greed and people will do.

"As an intruder held a family and their housekeeper captive inside a Northwest Washington home last Thursday, a man dropped off a package containing $40,000, according to law enforcement officials familiar with the investigation.

The man who dropped off the money worked as an assistant for Savvas Savopoulos, who owned or was involved in several businesses, according to the officials and police documents. It is not clear whether the employee knew what was in the package."

~snipped~

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

I am confused, here NG said she didn't know anything about the money drop off.

Gutierrez said she knew nothing about the money that was dropped off May 14 and said that she had never seen the assistant or anyone else drop off cash to the Savopoulos home in the 20 years she had worked there.

Do you think his personal assistant called her and told her?

Of course they had more than one car. And I doubt they parked in the street. The other cars were probably in the garage.
This guy spent his wealth, so his wife and daughters were certainly not taking the bus.
The maid would have no reason to be involved. She had been with them for 20 years, so before their girls were even born. She had known all three kids for their entire lives, plus I am guessing she earned more than $40K a year. Killing her employers would be beyond ridiculous financially. She had a steady, well-paying job.
I do agree it was someone known to the family, however peripherally. Maybe through the new business venture? Also, I am going with they are young adult males, early 20s or late teens.

I have tried to get away from the NG theory. But I keep coming back to it after realizing the logistics required to pull this off aren't favorable to random strangers. The timeline alone is extremely tight.

The documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. The calls started shortly after 7 a.m. May 14 and ended just before noon. The fire was reported at 1:15 p.m.

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html?tid=sm_tw

My answer to why they ordered Dominoes is the same as my answer to why he/they burned the car: Because they are jerks and because they could.

Ordering Dominoes is a clue on who the perps are - they aren't sophisticated or high-end eaters. It's not like other options wouldn't have been available to them in that neighborhood, including food from the house kitchen (which makes me think Vera wasn't alive when they ordered the pizza) or a higher-end take-out place. They probably are young, too, to want to eat Dominoes.

I think part of the pizza order was that they got off on the brazen act of ordering pizza and not paying for it in the midst of a crime.

I think the fact that four people were murdered has established that whoever is responsible is a jerk.
Burning the car means a few things to me: they're doing it for revenge [burning/destroying everything]; they're smart and didn't want to strip the car of parts and/or just plain steal it because it would lead straight back to them

In some of the photos, two vehicles are parked in the drive way. A red one and what looks like a white Land Rover.

So if all the cars were there that would have confused him because his wife didn't drive and didn't have a car, so he must have wondered how they'd got there.

A couple possibilities occur to me:
1. AIW officesafe which either normally holds ~$40,000 cash or for what-ev reason last week held ~$40,000. As long as safe was not operated by (say SS') bio-metrics, SS could have given Asst the info or combo to open.
2. One AIW bank account for which Adam-the-Asst and/or perhaps other employees
were authorized to make cash w/d's, other transactions, of $40,000 or more.
If asst had auth to w/d $40,000 cash from bank on his siggy alone, and
did so at SS' request, seems SS must have told him about exigent circumstances.
3. Multiple AIW bank accounts at diff banks, say 2 diff banks, ea w a $25,000 withdrawal limit, for the above employees as designated by SS. Maybe 4 banks w $10,000 limit, as designated by SS.
4. Same mechanics as above w other SS-owned businesses.

IDK whether martial arts dojo/studio is likely to have a/c w $40,000 balance avail.
If $ was in such a/c, who w/have auth to withdraw, or to add new signatory for w/d?
Also dismissing some other poss as too unlikely. JM2cts.

That those could be where it came from, it doesn't seem like there would be a legit reason for this. If this was some spur of the moment thing where this guy tells his employee he needs $40K in cash delivered to him that day at his home and that doesn't set off huge alarm bells that something is amiss, I'd think they had those accounts because stuffing large sums of money into envelopes was BAU for greasing palms to get construction contracts.

I do think the HK had something to do with this, but I do have to think there was some sort of shading dealings going on if this guy can get $40K in cash delivered to him in a few hours. SG may have known about the shady dealings as it was SG that the assistant called to confirm the delivery of the cash. I could see how SG could tell her friends and family how the family is shady where they bribe politicians with large amounts of cash, so one of her friends or family gets the idea to go after the family in order to get the bribe money that flows through the home.

no parent will "hold out" to someone who is threatening their child......don't see it. There were circumstances beyond ss's control. He "couldn't" give them what they wanted at that moment and had to endure this until he could give it to them ......the next day. Most hardened criminals and/or crack heads would not torture a child. This was a well-planned execution and it was always going to end that way......regardless of the fact they got what they wanted. Who orders pizza at a time like that???? Executioners. There are too many things in the family schedule that day that "suddenly" never happened before. Never did a helper stay over, never did a wife not come home, never was the security not on and never was $40,000 bucks dropped off at your doorstep. Keep in mind, we are hearing that voice message and seeing those texts to ng because she sold them to a network.....that's how it works. You freely offer the texts and voicemail of a family you worked for for 20 years who have been tortured and burned to death? You don't think law enforcement urged her to not make that disturbing voicemail public if for no other reason than there are two daughters who have lost their entire family? There's an ending to this tragedy that will make us all sick in the end. I'm so disgusted i could vomit by what greed and people will do.

bravo!!!!!

The documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. The calls started shortly after 7 a.m. May 14 and ended just before noon. The fire was reported at 1:15 p.m.

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html?tid=sm_tw

same article also states:
Gutierrez said she knew nothing about the money that was dropped off May 14 and said that she had never seen the assistant or anyone else drop off cash to the Savopoulos home in the 20 years she had worked there.

So in Washington post article NG says she knew nothing about the money. Interesting, considering other articles used her as a source that money was delivered.

The documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. The calls started shortly after 7 a.m. May 14 and ended just before noon. The fire was reported at 1:15 p.m...

So SS coordinated the ransom money. I would not be surprised if an art purchase -- as mentioned by someone masquerading as SS's niece -- was the cover story.

This is another excerpt from the Washington Post article already linked. It sounds to me that Savvas got the money from a bank and his assistant picked it up and delivered it.

Here's a recording of a live report that was done on that day. NG is already in the area as he refers to information that he received from her. Not sure if it's relevant but at about 1.30 in there's mention of work having been done on the house recently (I'm thinking about the cameras here).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...4df8ee-fa6f-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

On Nancy Grace they showed a video around the outside of the house and I saw 2 different signs contractors sometimes display to show they have worked on the home. One was a stone/concrete company of some sort and the other was B something. Sorry. Forgot what the other initial was. Anyone else see that?

I don't know if this has been posted yet, so my apologies if it has.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/deadly-dc-mansion-fire-leaves-questions-31168317

In the video included with this article, they play the part of SS' voicemail to the HK about the other HK staying over to help Amy and about her cell phone being dead and he didn't have a charger that fit her phone (around 3:20 mark).

He DEFINITELY appears to choose his words in a deliberate way to raise red flags or convey to the HK that something was wrong, IMO. I don't remember what he said verbatim, but it was something to the effect of... "She's staying over to help Amy, so if you could tell somebody that might be worried about her that she's staying the night." There were a lot of pauses and 'and ummm's' thrown in there, too. He didn't say call her HUSBAND; he said call SOMEBODY that might be worried about her and let them know she's staying here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the fact that four people were murdered has established that whoever is responsible is a jerk.
Burning the car means a few things to me: they're doing it for revenge [burning/destroying everything]; they're smart and didn't want to strip the car of parts and/or just plain steal it because it would lead straight back to them

Or they are stupid and think burning destroys all evidence.

same article also states:

Yet NG has also said this where she was the contact and the stated reason for the drop-off:
"Gutierrez, the family's housekeeper of 20 years, said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 in cash to the home Thursday to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Va. Gutierrez claims she spoke with the unnamed assistant who confirmed the money was delivered Thursday morning to the $5 million mansion on Woodland Drive near the National Cathedral."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...ered-to-washington-mansion-on-day-family-was/

Two things start out from the ABC timeline

<snip>
"Meanwhile, Gutierrez drove with Savvas Savopoulus to his new studio in Chantilly, Virginia, which he was getting ready for a new opening. He was supposed to stay there until 7 p.m. but said had to go home at 5 p.m., telling Gutierrez that he had to go home and take care of his son Phillip, who was injured in a go-kart accident, because his wife Amy was going out that night."

He didn't leave at 5pm if a longtime employee saw him there at 6. Does 'drove with Savas' mean they went in the same car, if so I wonder if he picked her up from home and had to drop her off afterwards?

"She was working at another family&#8217;s home in Virginia when she received a call from Savopoulus&#8217; mother, who was checking if she was okay since the house was on fire. Gutierrez rushed to the home from there and was questioned by police on the scene."

I don't recall hearing her saying that on camera. I haven't heard her saying that it was strange to be told not to go there because she'd agreed another schedule with SS. I'm trying to go back to the beginning of the news reports now to see where I've missed stuff. As far as I can make out, all the news anchors so far have described it as though she'd turned up for work and there was a fire going on. Hence god saving her etc.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/timeline-mysterious-hours-leading-dc-mansion-fire-raise/story?id=31159620

The question was asked upthread who the man was that was with NG in some of the interviews. I wonder if it was the man that was waiting for his relative who 'did some general cleaning' to come out. I'm sure somewhere, though I can't find it now, there's an early video clip where someone says he was waiting for his brother who was part of the cleaning crew. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So, if only VF was working that day and the man was not her husband, one clip he's sat on the side of the road with a baseball cap on the wrong way round with his back to the camera and looks 20 ish so hardly likely, then who was he waiting for, who was in the house that we don't know about, and how come he was calmly sat there for hours watching the fire believing a relative of his was in there?

Got to say one thing for NG and her cleaning crew, they're definitely not your emotional, hysterical types are they?

From what I understand, Thursdays were a normal day for NG, however that routine changed that week, with the opening of the new business. NG was quoted saying that SS had called & told her that, early Wednesday. I think that's purely coincidence, though. That's why NG thought it odd that AS would text her, to make sure she wasn't coming on Thursday. NG had no plans to go over there on Thursday, after talking with SS.

I think NG was supposed to take a hint that something was up, and didn't, sadly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member