DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember or have the link of the article claiming it was 10 hours?

Detectives believe the killers held the four victims captive for about 10 hours, and that they successfully forced the Savopoulos family to get them the money.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...tured-before-murders-and-fire-in-dc/27643991/

This makes me believe that they knew he had the money readily available somewhere but he wasn't going to give it to them and then finally did (?) Sounds less likely that it was already scheduled to be delivered. Maybe someone just knew he had the cash somewhere but didn't know where?

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...tured-before-murders-and-fire-in-dc/27643991/

This makes me believe that they knew he had the money readily available somewhere but he wasn't going to give it to them and then finally did (?) Sounds less likely that it was already scheduled to be delivered. Maybe someone just knew he had the cash somewhere but didn't know where?

"DETECTIVES believe....10 hours" hmmmm I don't get that at all based on my previous post about it.

But wouldn't they think husband is going to question where his wife was? They certainly got lucky none of the people figured it out. Husband says he was suspicious yet he didn't contact police.

They got extremely lucky. They must have thought that NG was able to convince the maid's husband that she was needed overnight at the house because of the concussion. There was no way of them knowing that she didn't get the message until the following morning. Even without a call or any information he still didn't show up at the house until the following day (I would have been there immediately but perhaps he worked nights and didn't even know she hadn't returned home?) No doubt in my mind that they were ready for him if they weren't able to get rid of him with the phone call the following morning when he was in front of the home. Everything went (unfortunately) according to their plan somehow.

Any one link in the chain could have been broken. It's so sad none of those calls resulted in the breaking of this chain of events.

Perhaps that is why the assistant who dropped off the package called the other employee on Friday crying. Maybe after the fact, he realized he missed clues SS was giving him, assuming SS was in contact with assistant during the ordeal. :(

Speculation, jmo.

"On Friday, the day after the fire and the deaths were discovered, according to the police document, the assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone 'and was crying.'" http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

"DETECTIVES believe....10 hours" hmmmm I don't get that at all based on my previous post about it.

10 hours doesn't add up. Somebody can't count.

"Investigators believe it's likely that the killers gained access to the home Wednesday and kept the victims bound and threatened through Thursday afternoon, when Savvas Savopoulos gave them what they were looking for, sources said."

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/304161751.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand

snippets

One longtime American Iron Works employee told police he last saw Savvas Savopoulos at the Chantilly studio about 6 p.m. last Wednesday

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

On Wednesday night, Gutierrez said, Savvas Savopoulos left her a voicemail saying that Figueroa, the housekeeper who was later found dead, planned to stay overnight at the family’s home.

Gutierrez said she didn’t hear the voicemail until Thursday morning, called Amy Savopoulos and got no answer.

Minutes before 10 a.m. Thursday, Gutierrez said, she got a text message from Amy Savopoulos: “I am making sure you do not come today.”

Perhaps that is why the assistant who dropped off the package called the other employee on Friday crying. Maybe after the fact, he realized he missed clues SS was giving him, assuming SS was in contact with assistant during the ordeal. :(

Speculation, jmo.

"On Friday, the day after the fire and the deaths were discovered, according to the police document, the assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone 'and was crying.'" http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Yesss....the poor person.

Yes - but why? Is a HK a huge threat to the operations of psychopath killers? I don't think so and it seems they had to have known that she was coming on Thursday or been convinced of it AND have been concerned about it to allow those calls/texts. If you can torture and kill a 10 year old child - why worry about another HK?

Yes and they killed one HK there, so why would they be so particular in not killing a second HK? I think it would have been easier for the perps - if they're not connected to the HK - to have let her come over and killed her then instead of leaving a huge opportunity for her to call LE. If you're going to kill 4 people, you might as well kill 5. I don't know that the HK had anything to do with it, just this case seems fishy.

They got extremely lucky. They must have thought that NG was able to convince the maid's husband that she was needed overnight at the house because of the concussion. There was no way of them knowing that she didn't get the message until the following morning. Even without a call or any information he still didn't show up at the house until the following day (I would have been there immediately but perhaps he worked nights and didn't even know she hadn't returned home?) No doubt in my mind that they were ready for him if they weren't able to get rid of him with the phone call the following morning when he was in front of the home. Everything went (unfortunately) according to their plan somehow.

BBM They had to be concerned when she didn't text him back. Third vid at 1:50 SS allegedly asked "Could you text me when you get this message?" http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ur-Dead-Savopoulos-Housekeeper-304439421.html

And it's not like they would be afraid she could overpower them. I find it strange also that they were so concerned with her possibly showing up, that they allowed a voice mail and a text message to be send to her. They don't see to have any problem killing people, including a child.

I can't understand if NG was supposed to be there on Thursday or not. Some articles make it seem she was going to show up there on Thursday.

This may have been answered already....but from my understanding (from the beginning, at of course this could have changed) that she was never supposed to be working for them on Thursday and was working for another client at their home.

BBM They had to be concerned when she didn't text him back. Third vid at 1:50 SS allegedly asked "Could you text me when you get this message?" http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ur-Dead-Savopoulos-Housekeeper-304439421.html

NG says she didn't get the messages until Thursday morning. Really? She is a business owner who has to do scheduling, I would imagine, on a daily basis. She needs to check her voice mail often. And also, she works for high-end customers who are likely expecting superior customer service. I'm sure she is used to last-minute requests from customers at all hours of the day and night. Not checking her voice mail messages on Wednesday night seems strange. And, if she really did wait until Thursday morning, I'd expect it to be very early in the morning.

Either she is lying, deliberately didn't check messages, or ends her business day on a strict schedule and doesn't accept late calls.

JMO

Have been lurking..

-- How do we know $40,000 was left? It says it's unclear if the assistant knew the money was in the package. I assume the package is gone. So where is that coming from?
- Did NG call Vera's husband on Thursday when she picked up the voicemail about letting him know Vera was staying the night?
- Do we know if Philip was absent from school Tuesday and Wednesday?
- Why did they drive the Porsche away? I can't for the life of me figure out one reason for it other than they needed transportation and that just seems way too crazy.

I kind of feel like the $40K was SS making a request because of the kidnappers, not that it was prearranged. Perhaps NG found out about it AFTER the murders as she was talking to other people (the assistant) involved in this.

NG says she didn't get the messages until Thursday morning. Really? She is a business owner who has to do scheduling, I would imagine, on a daily basis. She needs to check her voice mail often. And also, she works for high-end customers who are likely expecting superior customer service. I'm sure she is used to last-minute requests from customers at all hours of the day and night. Not checking her voice mail messages on Wednesday night seems strange. And, if she really did wait until Thursday morning, I'd expect it to be very early in the morning.

Either she is lying, deliberately didn't check messages, or ends her business day on a strict schedule and doesn't accept late calls.

JMO

SS was at the chantilly location till 6pm, not sure what time he would have gotten home to then be forced to make the call to stop the housekeeper from coming the next day, it was probably pretty late by the time the suspects got around to finding out who would possisble be showing up in the morning. jmo I would think that the call for the money drop off came in the morning as well. I do wonder what was told to the work associate for them to leave the package outside the door. Surely someone knew what was in that package. jmo idk

Has anyone here put together a timeline? I'm getting so confused.

I can kind of see where they wouldn't want NG showing up. She's been employed by them for 20 years. She's the one most likely to enter the home if no one answered the door.

I have had very horrific dreams about the torture, as my Grandson looks very much like my 11 yr. old Grandson. This crime has brought me to tears. May the perps. suffer at the hands of convicts that are Fathers and feel this is the most insidious crime that has been committed in recent times. How do you torture and incinerate a 10 yr. old boy. UNIMAGINABLE!

Possibly. But how did they know she was going to show up to begin with? And what would be the problem if she did show up? They could have bound her and killed her with the rest. They don't seem to have any problems with murder.

I have a couple theories bouncing around in my head. The first is that NG or someone in her family was in on it and the text was sent to her to provide an alibi. The second is that NG wasn't directly involved, but she knows the perps - either from her personal life or from working at the martial arts center. The perps may have been told about the cash delivery by NG or someone in her family. They didn't want her showing up because she would recognize them and could ID them.

Has anyone here put together a timeline? I'm getting so confused.

I can kind of see where they wouldn't want NG showing up. She's been employed by them for 20 years. She's the one most likely to enter the home if no one answered the door.

Probably had a key.

So many of y'all are focusing on NG getting the text message because the PERPS didn't want her coming over.

I think, as someone recently mentioned, that the text was a way for Amy to send some sort of "we are in trouble" signal.

At the very least, Amy making sure her trusted employee/friend of 20 years didn't come over and get involved in this tragedy that has already gotten another innocent employee involved.

But I do think, like SS's messages, were trying to alert someone they were in trouble and needed help.

I don't know that I would have picked up on their clues though. At least not immediately. Conceivably the family didn't know how long this was going to last. So it may have eventually been picked up on. Sadly, they were killed before that could happen.

The only thing I can relate even remotely to this is when my friend's daughter (12) butt dialed me twice at almost midnight on a Friday night. I only heard the second call, and then saw I missed the first one. About 20 minutes apart. I was filled with such a sense of dread...it really overwhelmed me! I listened the entire call until it cut off - screaming her name but hearing no response. I immediately called her Mom, no answer. I sent a text to her mom and she did reply to that. It took about 3 minutes.

That entire time I was thinking what am I going to tell 911 when I call them. They are going to think I am crazy! But I didn't care. I was going to call. Come to find out, they were out somewhere that night and driving home. OH, and there was a crazy ex that the mom was dealing with at the time. I was racking my brain trying to remember his last name. Even thought I can get on FB and find it if necessary. My mind was going CRAZY!!!

But this was a 12 yo with 2 butt dial calls at midnight. I am not so sure I would put together what these messages that NG received at the time. During regular business hours, etc. It sounded like their schedules were a bit crazy at the time.

Hind sight is 20/20. Always. But in the moment, hard to say that any of us would have picked up on anything that we have heard happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl