DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know where the $40K in cash came from. So far I've not heard they were involved in any 'cash' businesses. Growing up my family was involved in multiple businesses including a cash business (niteclub) and if we were held hostage we couldn't have gotten $40K in cash in a day dropped off at our house without a family member going to the bank or something to give their personal signature as even with the cash business there was never that much around because frequent deposits were made and no one would have the signatory authority to take that much out of the bank. If the money was just sitting around I'd want to know why as neither a construction company nor a martial arts studio should have that much cash just laying around as there's no need for it if you're operating legitimately. If getting this was done spur of the moment in response to a ransom demand that would actually mean more planning was done by the family to have already given whoever this assistant was the ability to get $10Ks in cash in a moment's notice as that assistant wouldn't have that ability by default to go into a bank and do that just because his boss told him to as the bank would have had to have it on record that this assistant was given that kind of authority.

One thing from this article is popping out to me, and I hope it can provide helpful information: http://www.wsbt.com/news/politics/source-money-was-motive-for-dc-house-fire/33130858

"When he tried to call his wife that afternoon, Alfaro said, the phone went straight to voicemail. She didn't come home that night, and when Alfaro went to the house the next day to investigate, he saw something was amiss.

"I saw the two cars ... the Porsche was on the street ... I kept knocking on the door," he said."

The HK's husband that came to the house says he saw two cars and the Porsche on the street. I'm unsure if this means 2 cars including the Porsche, or 2 cars in addition to the Porsche, but either way- I hope he remembers a lot about those cars, and hope it helps in the case.

Edited to fix grammar

"The fire was actually not all that big; we had it under control pretty quickly."

They found Figueroa's body first once they entered the home. "That's when we knew it was something else," the firefighter says.

"[We] were told we had to leave immediately because they didn't want us to contaminate the scene, because it was an active crime scene at that point," he continues.

"We all waited outside. They came out and told us that they had found more bodies of the man and his wife. The last one we heard about was the kid, who was in a bedroom by himself. We were like, 'Oh my God, someone would kill a kid?' "

http://www.people.com/article/dc-ho...dered-pizza?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Timeline: Mysterious Hours Leading Up to the DC Mansion Fire Raise Questions

http://abcnews.go.com/US/timeline-mysterious-hours-leading-dc-mansion-fire-raise/story?id=31159620

Figueroa’s husband became concerned about his wife’s whereabouts after not hearing from her all night so he went to the home and he told Gutierrez later that he banged aggressively on the door and reportedly heard shuffling inside.

She was working at another family’s home in Virginia when she received a call from Savopoulus’ mother, who was checking if she was okay since the house was on fire. Gutierrez rushed to the home from there and was questioned by police on the scene.

Possibly. But how did they know she was going to show up to begin with? And what would be the problem if she did show up? They could have bound her and killed her with the rest. They don't seem to have any problems with murder.

Good points. If NG showed up and could identify them, they would have to kill her. I think they were trying to protect her. That doesn't mean she was involved, but I have believed from the beginning that whoever is involved knows NG. I hate thinking that, but the efforts made to keep her away point in that direction to me. Otherwise, what's one more murder when you're already committing four?! JMO

Can any of the DC locals out there tell me if it is normal for so much information to trickle out about a highly publicized case such as this? I am in awe of how much information is being released.

When following the Messerschmitt case (another but different murder in DC) just a few months ago, search warrants and affidavits were released. Not that there have been any search warrants in this case, but I know it's at least possible for "some" info to be made public.

Yes - but why? Is a HK a huge threat to the operations of psychopath killers? I don't think so and it seems they had to have known that she was coming on Thursday or been convinced of it AND have been concerned about it to allow those calls/texts. If you can torture and kill a 10 year old child - why worry about another HK?

I'm still wondering what time Savvas left her the VM and what time she picked it up relative to when the other HK husband came to bang on the door. As mentioned by another WSer - she owned a business.

Maybe because she knows them or would recognize their car. I'm not sure where I read it - here? - but there was perhaps a second car parked on the street. They may know that's her regular day. Maybe SS told them she wasn't supposed to come, but they forced him to call her for their own peace of mind. Theories. I have a feeling the police know a lot. A whole lot.

One thing from this article is popping out to me, and I hope it can provide helpful information: http://www.wsbt.com/news/politics/source-money-was-motive-for-dc-house-fire/33130858

"When he tried to call his wife that afternoon, Alfaro said, the phone went straight to voicemail. She didn't come home that night, and when Alfaro went to the house the next day to investigate, he saw something was amiss.

"I saw the two cars ... the Porsche was on the street ... I kept knocking on the door," he said."

The HK's husband that came to the house says he saw two cars and the Porsche on the street. I'm unsure if this means 2 cars including the Porsche, or 2 cars in addition to the Porsche, but either way- I hope he remembers a lot about those cars, and hope it helps in the case.

Edited to fix grammar

In some of the photos, two vehicles are parked in the drive way. A red one and what looks like a white Land Rover.

What is this Waste Management Company? Does it provide garbage service regularly for that neighborhood?

Yes, that's what they do. That's the service we use here in this part of Ohio.

Where did the assistant GET the money from?

A couple possibilities occur to me:
1. AIW officesafe which either normally holds ~$40,000 cash or for what-ev reason last week held ~$40,000. As long as safe was not operated by (say SS') bio-metrics, SS could have given Asst the info or combo to open.
2. One AIW bank account for which Adam-the-Asst and/or perhaps other employees
were authorized to make cash w/d's, other transactions, of $40,000 or more.
If asst had auth to w/d $40,000 cash from bank on his siggy alone, and
did so at SS' request, seems SS must have told him about exigent circumstances.
3. Multiple AIW bank accounts at diff banks, say 2 diff banks, ea w a $25,000 withdrawal limit, for the above employees as designated by SS. Maybe 4 banks w $10,000 limit, as designated by SS.
4. Same mechanics as above w other SS-owned businesses.

IDK whether martial arts dojo/studio is likely to have a/c w $40,000 balance avail.
If $ was in such a/c, who w/have auth to withdraw, or to add new signatory for w/d?
Also dismissing some other poss as too unlikely. JM2cts.

Maybe because she knows them or would recognize their car. I'm not sure where I read it - here? - but there was perhaps a second car parked on the street. They may know that's her regular day. Maybe SS told them she wasn't supposed to come, but they forced him to call her for their own peace of mind. Theories. I have a feeling the police know a lot. A whole lot.

Family had more than one car.

Way back in the thread, the Housekeeper is quoted as saying that SS had to be home by 5PM because Amy was going out. Now we hear 6PM.

So he intended to leave his child alone in the house? I doubt it. What a mess of conflicting information.

When was the pizza delivered vs. when the money was delivered? Have they released that info or has the housekeeper told is in one of her many interviews?

So, if the dojo was opening in a few days, who was setting up and doing the final tasks for a grand opening? SS? I find it hard to believe as the CEO of AIW he'd be working the front desk at the MA studio. I opened many a store in my day and the last few days had so many people in and out- contractors, building inspectors, employees, friends to help- it's insane...even in a small store. And most employees would be there to finalize anything and everything.
Who was at the dojo and why weren't they concerned SS was not there if he had been working there often? Didn't anyone try to call? Text??
I find this odd.

Way back in the thread, the Housekeeper is quoted as saying that SS had to be home by 5PM because Amy was going out. Now we hear 6PM.

So he intended to leave his child alone in the house? I doubt it. What a mess of conflicting information.

When was the pizza delivered vs. when the money was delivered? Have they released that info or has the housekeeper told is in one of her many interviews?

Pizza delivered close to midnight. Money delivered Thursday Morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume