DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he may have had a planned drop off of money but Thursday morning he had to make arrangements for a larger sum? I also believe that the perp was already holding the wife, son and HK when he got home from work Wed. jmo

I don't think he had any planned drop off. It was very likely arranged in the morning for ransom.

Maybe someone went to the bank with a check from the business. Another executive could have signed the check, or even cashed it, sending the assistant to deliver it. Still, why leave it outside?

Exactly. None of this was preplanned a day before. As soon as he could talk to his banker, assistant, early Thursday morning is when it happened and not before.

This money was never intended for the martial arts business. It was hostage money the entire time.

Unfortunately, because of all the confusion resulting from all the talking on and off the record, that might be absolutely true...but SHE may have thought a big money drop off was "scheduled" and talked about it before the fact...and set this in motion.

We might know it isn't true now...but did SHE think it was true when working there that week? Did someone say..."The Boss needs to get the money for the opening day."

So there could have been no money scheduled...but a rumor passed that it was...and then SS is there, at the mercy of these killers, with no money at home. Therefore, the perps had to spend the night until he could scramble and get the money the next day.

I will be glad if it is proven this was not the case. That family has enough to deal with...without betrayal.

Since the bank was contacted I am sure they are the ones that prepared the 40K to be picked up by the assistant. I am sure SS told the banker he would be the one to pick it up.

IMO

This is a copycat of the Petit Family crime. Perhaps not intentionally, but almost the same, nonetheless. :(

The very first crime that came to my mind was the Harvey Family of Richmond, VA on New Years Day. The two criminals in that case had ties to DC, Maryland and Virginia. The Harveys were well known and well regarded in the community, had a very well established gift/novelty store, and the husband was a well known musician. They lived on a corner lot, the attackers stayed inside the home and even allowed the mother to answer the door when a friend dropped off one of their daughters who was returning from a sleep over. Meanwhile, the father and other daughter were tied up in the basement. The home invaders then took everyone into the basement, tortured them and set their house on fire. A female stayed around the corner in a getaway car.

I would not be surprised to find that a female is closely linked to the events at the S home.

I heard that it was not uncommon for Savvas to have money dropped off at his house so it might not have raised a red flag at all.

NG, who has been his housekeeper for 20 years said he had never had money dropped off at his home before.

And it shows that all of this 40K cash transaction started THURSDAY morning when Savvas started contacting the bank, the assistant, etc around 7am that morning. So that shows it was NOT preplanned.

None of this transpired until they were already being held hostage in their home.

IMO

Money was dropped off at 10am? If so, is this is the timeline.

7am - noon: SS Making calls to bank/assistant/accountant/construction company to arrange money drop
10am: money is dropped
1:15pm: Fire Fighters arrive to put out the fire.

So after the $40k was dropped at the house, why did SS continue making those calls for two hours?

- What happened in the house from 10am - noon.
- If $$$ had been dropped, why did it not set off alarms that SS was still contacting the people above?
- Why did SS stop making calls at noon?
- What happened from noon-1pm when the fire was started?

How could he have acted alone?
I just don't see it.
4 people to "manage", and according to the mugshot website I posted earlier, he was 5'7"or 5'8" and weighed 155. That is not a large guy to control 3 adults, including a man trained in martial arts.

And DDW never had to use the restroom in 10 to 24 hours he was at the S's home?

And I am a Google aficionado...those 2 signs in the garage photo...interesting.

And I think DDW spent the hours between the fire and ditching the Porsche riding around, showing whoever "dissed him", he had a Porsche and a roll of money. I see this as a crime of extreme rage with AS being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Just my opinions, and I agree, it does remind me of an episode of Criminal Minds, CSI, or L&O...

Remember Joseph Duncan who killed a family and then kidnapped their 2 children, Shasta and Dillon. He acted alone.

But I do not think this is the case here though.

I have purposely not read back through the thread in order to maintain some objectivity. But I do have some questions.

The torture I have seen that the child was tortured, were any of the other adults tortured?

Noted that the Dad made multiple calls to business associates.

Noted that 3 of the victims suffered blunt force trauma before the fire. The child had been cut and was burned beyond recognition.

He is suspected to have been in the home 12 to 24 hrs right?

Remember Joseph Duncan who killed a family and then kidnapped their 2 children, Shasta and Dillon. He acted alone.

Duncan didn't keep adults hostage for a prolonged period of time and didn't make them call and text other people. He just attacked and killed them quickly. So it's a different MO.

Heard on Fox News that he worked in Home Depot. I'm trying to find the link.

Heard on Fox News that he worked in Home Depot. I'm trying to find the link.

Hmmm, wonder if Home Depot made a delivery to the home or dojo recently and that's how the family got on his radar?

Isn't he self-employed? At least according to facebook.

Isn't he self-employed? At least according to facebook.

I read through a lot of his Friends public stuff. A lot of them refer to themselves as"self-employed"....or a OWNER at "self-employed."

If it's not slang...is it some kind of mutual affiliation they all have together?

Wonder why she told conflicting stories? I'm searching for innocent reasons....perhaps she got caught up in the attention and saw herself sort of as a reporter herself, sharing information as she learned it??

She's a mystery.

We don't know the context of when she found out the info. It could be that the assistant for some reason called her during that flurry of phone calls and that is where she heard the story. So, it wasn't like it was planned out days in advance, but she was for some reason in that flurry of morning phone calls right before the end.

Leaving the money on the porch sounds exactly like paying the pizza delivery guy by leaving the money on the porch, which makes me think that all of this happened after DW came into the picture. He is probably the one who ordered SS to get the money and then decided how it would be dropped off. He probably told SS to concoct a story about it. There likely was no prearranged drop off for the martial arts center. That was just the story.

They can only figure out who the suspect is if his DNA is on file. Other perps DNA might not be on file, so they wouldnt' know who they are (yet).

Maybe any accomplices ate their crusts.

We used to call them Pizza Bones...

I read through a lot of his Friends public stuff. A lot of them refer to themselves as"self-employed"....or a OWNER at "self-employed."

If it's not slang...is it some kind of mutual affiliation they all have together?

One of them had many photos of piles of cash.

We don't know the context of when she found out the info. It could be that the assistant for some reason called her during that flurry of phone calls and that is where she heard the story. So, it wasn't like it was planned out days in advance, but she was for some reason in that flurry of morning phone calls right before the end.

Leaving the money on the porch sounds exactly like paying the pizza delivery guy by leaving the money on the porch, which makes me think that all of this happened after DW came into the picture. He is probably the one who ordered SS to get the money and then decided how it would be dropped off. He probably told SS to concoct a story about it. There likely was no prearranged drop off for the martial arts center. That was just the story.

She wasn't in a flurry of morning phone calls. Why in the world would assistant call a housekeeper about a money drop? She told a newspaper she didn't know anything about the money. So she probably found out after the fact then started telling other knewspapers she knew about the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98