DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he was angry toward SS because he either got fired from American Ironworks or he never was able to get a full-time job there???

Good question. And I wonder if he had some problem with his temper or some issue that prevented him to hold down a job. He was discharged from Marine Corps (per an article I read) due to "health reasons". Not sure if that would be mental....just supposition.

When I listened I hadn't seen anyone mention the boy in the background. I was listening to hear SS to see if he sounded tense. But then I heard the boy and was like....WHAT WAS THAT? So sad....

When I listened people were saying the boy said something and they were trying to figure out what he was saying. That scream will haunt me for a long time, totally heartbreaking

"Investigators believe Wint, a certified welder, worked for Savopoulos' company American Iron Works in the past."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/suspect-named-killing-wealthy-dc-family-housekeeper-31198569

That makes sense. I don't think this was hit or any kind of high level, well thought out murder other than he was looking for someone with money. I think he was connected with the company as welder at sometime and knew just enough to know where he lived. He may have known about the car through some work communications which may have initially got his interest but I doubt if he and SS ever mingled in any professional sense.

"Wint was born and raised in Guyana and moved to the United States in 2000, when he was almost 20 years old, according to court records filed in Maryland. He joined the Marine Corps that same year and received an honorable discharge for medical reasons, the records show. Following his discharge, he worked as a certified welder, the records show. "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...1c11bc-ff64-11e4-8c77-bf274685e1df_story.html

Now that may be a possibility she may seriously consider and will agree to make this a Federal case due to them having the death penalty although they execute people less than states do.

IMO

If he gets life without parole, that's it, end of story
If he gets death it'll be so many appeals, long years of suffering for the victims family, just MOO
On the other hand I'd like to see him showered with gasoline and set on fire

I vote for public hanging.

I agree 100% that the death penalty is perfectly fitting in this particular case once the accused is tried in a court of law resulting in a guilty verdict.

Even so, there is absolutely no justice in this case with 4 innocent people tortured for hours upon hours, stabbed to death or near death, and left to be burned up in their family home.

Most painful in this tragedy is the report that 10 year old Philip was tortured before the eyes of his Mother and Father.

As a parent, that is the worst of the worst.
Heartbreaking beyond words.

I know this really isn't relevant...but I am so dang curious where this $40K number came from!?!?! Not the reporting of it...but why that number? Did SS tell DDW that this was all he could get and DDW accepted that?

It is just such a strange amount. Not $50K? Not $25K? Not $100K or more?

Nope, $40K. Weird.

The father of Daron Wint, the man suspected of killing a Northwest D.C. couple, their young son, and their housekeeper, had been so frightened by threats his son made to shoot his own family that he sought a protective order barring the man from contacting them for a year.

Maryland court records show that over the last decade Mr. Wint has been the subject of numerous peace and protective orders.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/21/dc...on-wint-threatened-own-family/

People are posting some interesting links in other places. Here's one where he got a 5-year Honor Roll mention from PCM Construction. Looks like he was a painter. http://www.pcmservices.com/who-we-are/employee-honor-roll/

Also here's his job resume from an online job posting site:

STEFFON WINT (240)***-**** **** Riverdale RD #*** Lanham Maryland 20706

Qualification Summary

1. Dedicated and responsible worker for 10+ years with different tastes.

2. Excellent Knowledge on MS Word, Excel, Internet and E-mail.

3. Work well and calmly in stressful, Changing situations.

4. Organized, detail oriented and thorough

Related Work Experience

P.C.M Construction Co.- Beltsville, MD Superintendent Perform a wide range of skills including customer service, supervising a team of workers, completing time sheet, preparing work order, handling phone inquires, carpentry, painting, plumbing, installing receptacles, and more.

These company names do not match the signs outside the house that were posted earlier (post #631). But it is obvious work was being done there.

I know this really isn't relevant...but I am so dang curious where this $40K number came from!?!?! Not the reporting of it...but why that number? Did SS tell DDW that this was all he could get and DDW accepted that?

Nope, $40K. Weird.

It could be any number of things:
The amount of cash the company had on hand.
The amount of cash several of SS's companies had on hand.
The amount of cash the company could withdraw, combined with money in the safe.
The maximum amount of cash the company can withdraw from its various accounts in short notice.

I don't think the number was pulled out of the air. I think it was imposed by what was available.

Posts discussing race have been removed. IF/WHEN you see a post that you think is racist, DO NOT RESPOND !! Please Alert immediately so it doesn't take us forever to catch up on them all.

You can bet your bippy if it continues, the thread will be closed for a clean up and a cool down, posts will be removed, and possibly even posters.

The father of Daron Wint, the man suspected of killing a Northwest D.C. couple, their young son, and their housekeeper, had been so frightened by threats his son made to shoot his own family that he sought a protective order barring the man from contacting them for a year.

Maryland court records show that over the last decade Mr. Wint has been the subject of numerous peace and protective orders.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/21/dc...on-wint-threatened-own-family/

You can see those listed out in my post #932, if you're interested.

Wrong thread, ATL! LOL!!

DavisJim-Garfield-16-Duh-sj.jpg

http://freakwallpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/Cartoon/DavisJim-Garfield-16-Duh-sj.jpg

:giggle: :tyou:

:escape: back to the Holmes theater trial threads :escape:

Nope, $40K. Weird.

I could see it as not entirely out of left field if the ransom was $10K per person, which would give you $40K.

I wonder if he was angry toward SS because he either got fired from American Ironworks or he never was able to get a full-time job there???

but your beef, if you're fired, is typically with your direct supervisor. Disgruntled employees tend to target people they report to and interacted with every day. Most low level employees don't interact with a CEO. Workers also rarely associate a CEO with small decisions that impact their employment. They get upset with middle management. Middle Management is who gets upset with the CEO.

This is why I feel it's possible someone at Iron Works who DID have a beef with SS, may have put out a hit and contracted a former employee (DDW) he knew had a criminal background.

It just doesn't make sense to me that DDW has a personal issue with SS and his family due to working for the company.

I don't think they can get the DP on the table unless they can classify this as a terrorist attack, and that wont happen.

I really don't understand the 'appeals, long years of suffering of the family', frankly, because they will suffer whether he gets LWOP or the DP. heck if some idiot judge or jury screws up, they might have to go to parole hearings instead......which is far worse for the familes.

but that's not really relevant here cause he wont get the DP. but he doesn't deserve it any less then the marathon bomber does (which imo, he did deserve)

I could see it as not entirely out of left field if the ransom was $10K per person, which would give you $40K.

We don't know that they requested $40k ransom. We know that's the amount SS was able to put together on short notice. They may have asked for $100k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiodial