DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Felony murder is charged when there are multiple suspects and police can't prove who did what. Here we only have one suspect (at least so far). I fail to see why felony murder would come into any consideration.

As Police Chief Cathy Lanier stated at the press conference, the arrest warrant IS for felony murder.

I can't remember what the aggravators she cited were, but I believe it was either because 1) he was armed, or 2) he committed kidnapping in the course of a murder.

ETA "A first-degree felony murder warrant has been issued for his arrest."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspect-in-d-c-familys-brutal-murder-may-be-in-new-york-city/

This definitely sounds like a bombshell.

Two different people who were "let go" - one was relative of suspect. The second one was the one who first worked at the racetrack - was let go and then became driver/assistant to SS.

Anyone more then willing to keep offering NG and the "Assistant" LOTS and LOTS of rope!!!!
Keep talking, please! I see a FEW arrests coming shortly.
reread the article...you missunderstood the info imo

Well, I guess his defense can argue he just stopped there for a slice of pizza while the family were being held hostage.
Does any of that sound believable to anyone?

Or my friend called, said he was housesitting a mansion, invited me over for pizza. I didn't know the homeowners were bound and gagged upstairs. He'll come up with some crazy story.

There was a flurry of calls Thursday morning involving SS and several people (including the personal assistant). One of those persons could have passed along the "cover story" and it reached NG that way.

There was also somebody (supposed relative of the family) posting in a comments section of an article, talking about 40 k being dropped off.
We discussed it here. It was before msm started talking about it.

As Police Chief Cathy Lanier stated at the press conference, the arrest warrant IS for felony murder. I can't remember what the aggravators she cited were, but I believe it was either because 1) he was armed, 2) he committed kidnapping in the course of a murder.
Lanier said authorities believe that Wint, who is wanted on first-degree murder charges, fled to New York City.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/21/us/dc-house-fire-money-motive/

Ok so how is the "assistant Wallace" relate to th suspect? Previous MSM said suspects relative was FIRED from on of SS's companies.
Apparently this would be this Wallace guy who was fired in March from the racetrack??? So how in the world is this same guy the one who delivered 40,000 to the house??? The more I hear the more upset I get!!!! Someone please tell me wrong and the suspect and the "assistant" are not related and in on this together!!!! Also I am second guessing my thoughts on NG now also!!!! This is just disgusting and I pray I am wrong, wrong, wrong.

This article was badly written. (Surprise.) I had to read it a few times to make sense of it. The way I read it, the assistant who brought the cash was the "driver" for SS who he hired in the last few months. He met him at the go-kart race track where he worked and Philip raced. He was fired from that job in March, so maybe that's why SS hired him - he already knew him and knew he needed a job. Beyond that, there are no details. Makes you start thinking, though. Who were his friends? Relatives? How did he know what was in the package? Did he tell anyone? Did he like Philip? His Instagram photos are all about the fancy cars and their interiors, and one of Philip in his go-kart. He is very proud to have this job. The police interviewed him. So I'm sure they gave him a glass of water and have his DNA. Just in case.

Two different people who were "let go" - one was relative of suspect. The second one was the one who first worked at the racetrack - was let go and then became driver/assistant to SS.

Yes, assistant has no connection to the suspect.
Assistant was hired by Mr. S, not let go. Assistant was let go from some other job, after which he was hired by Mr. S.

Here's post from runnergal on thread 1

"I live a few blocks away so have been following closely and wanted to share something I saw on the local news early that day but have not seen anywhere else online. At least one of the local stations talked to who a guy who said his brother was with a cleaning crew that was scheduled to be there that day, but that he hadn't been able to get in touch with his brother all day. I thought this was particularly interesting."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-4-mysterious-deaths&p=11776309#post11776309

Again, are the suspect and the "assistant" Mr. Wallace related? Anyone find anything else out about the assistant Mr. Wallace? Can we sleuth ghim?

I dont think SS owned the racetrack either. So whoever fired the guy at the track, i dont think that would be a reason to be mad at SS.

I am thinking the helper who delivered the money doesnt personally know the killer but the part that concerned me was something about him being gone for a few days.

This article was badly written. (Surprise.) I had to read it a few times to make sense of it. The way I read it, the assistant who brought the cash was the "driver" for SS who he hired in the last few months. He met him at the go-kart race track where he worked and Philip raced. He was fired from that job in March, so maybe that's why SS hired him - he already knew him and knew he needed a job. Beyond that, there are no details. Makes you start thinking, though. Who were his friends? Relatives? How did he know what was in the package? Did he tell anyone? Did he like Philip? His Instagram photos are all about the fancy cars and their interiors, and one of Philip in his go-kart. He is very proud to have this job. The police interviewed him. So I'm sure they gave him a glass of water and have his DNA. Just in case.

He is an amateur race car driver and worked at the Autobahn Indoor Speedway in Jessup, Maryland prior to this job.... ie, he loved cars.

I'm wondering if there was confusion in the beginning in the media? This is similar and on the first day too. http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Woodley-Park-Bodies-Fire-Death-303794761.html

A man who waited for hours for information from police said he has a relative who works at the house doing general cleaning, but he has not been able to reach that relative all day.

Confusion or just different stories? The only person that we know who was in the house doing general cleaning was VF. His back is turned to the camera in the 2nd video.

The 2nd video here is the report with the VM on plus another interview with NG

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...homicide-house-fire-investigation-114066.html

No, you got it all wrong.

Maybe he is not involved at all, but he certainly was indiscreet about his employment & the family (posting pics on social media) If he's not involved, my apologies for speculation, but I wouldn't hire him.

Been gone so could someone clue me in a little.

Did NG do another interview and talk about the dogs. I would love to listen to it.

Wint use to work for AIW as a welder? When?

And lastly, if Vera was to leave at 3pm on Wed. but obviously she didn't. Then when Amy called SS to tell him she needed to go out (the 5:30pm call) was she forced to make that call to get Savvas home? And I am thinking SS had no clue that something was going wrong and Amy was unable to figure out a way to code him that it was. Darn it! This is when a secret family code could have possibly saved their lives. But who thinks this could happen to them!

Did I miss anything else?

Thanks a bunch!

Don't think so.

Not sure.

Could be. Could be. Yep. Right. Yeah.

Maybe.

You're welcome :D

I would just like to clarify that he doesn't have a picture of Philip on his instagram. That picture is just in the article along with the instagram pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antony