DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
roverlwb wrote in a thread that is closed:

"Not complicated at all. As soon as DCMPD declared the SS house as a crime scene, their liason with the WNNA would get in contact with the Aussie security at the residence, establish what was happening and ask them to preserve all recordings. Then, that officer would contact whoever downtown is head of the office responsible for embassey coordination and a very speedy call would be made to the office of protocol at the State Dept. A call to the ambassador and then a representative of the DCMPD and whatever federal LE officer would be "invited" in to secure the recordings. All could be done in under 30 minutes. The same PD liason would heve contacted the president and/or officers of the WNNA to begin contacting homeowners for the same type of recordings. They got a lot of video by 5pm that Thursday."

I would love to read your description of how sausage is made if this is how you write up a host country's LE obtaining recordings from a foreign mission.

🙀

At approx 8pm SS called the Controller of AIW. He requested that the controller produce a check for cash for an amount between 35,000 and 50,000 dollars.

So I never saw any mention of the last unanswered call from SS to JW. They went through every call and the detective said the "last" call was from JW to SS saying "package delivered". So, was that media screwing up again? Also, no mention of JW at Lowes. They said they confirmed he was at the dojo. [emoji53] Eh.....not as interesting and earth shattering as I would have hoped. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. Just finished reading the transcript and I can't thank you enough for posting it!

I saw no mention of DNA on DW's shoe in the preliminary hearing transcript. Does that mean it was a rumor or just that it didn't come up?

So I never saw any mention of the last unanswered call from SS to JW. They went through every call and the detective said the "last" call was from JW to SS saying "package delivered". So, was that media screwing up again? Also, no mention of JW at Lowes. They said they confirmed he was at the dojo. [emoji53] Eh.....not as interesting and earth shattering as I would have hoped. .

Blessedlife Thank you very much for bringing this document forward and sharing it with us! It was very interesting reading and appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At approx 8pm SS called the Controller of AIW. He requested that the controller produce a check for cash for an amount between 35,000 and 50,000 dollars.

Is the controller SS's sister? I seem to remember hearing that.

I've read through the whole morning session:

The State is trying very hard not to do anything that would damage JW's credibility any more than it has been damaged already. My impression is that Detective Owens is not very interested in him as a suspect, although he did say that they did not inform him that he was a suspect but did tell him that they thought he knew more than he was saying. My impression of that comment is that he was being careful not to leave anyone with any grounds to say JW was not properly mirandized.

Detective says that the red bag has not been recovered and that only bag found in the car is a black backpack.

The lead detective did not personally interview JW. That was done by DC Police. I have to wonder if we can infer that he did not consider JW that important a witness. He seems foggy on the details of JW's timeline.

JW "made himself known" to police in the context of saying he wanted his car back and told them who he was relative to the S family. They then took him to the station for a more formal interview.

W-2 was also brought into the station that day for an interview.

Detective Owens interviewed the person who spotted the Porsche.

JW never had a key or code to access any area of the house.

There was back and forth about whether the garage was open when he arrived.

SS DID tell the AIW employee that he needed the $40K for an equipment auction, so I owe someone many threads back an apology, since I thought that the idea that a CEO would take $40K in cash to an equipment auction was patently absurd :)

YAY. So I was right about the auction. And it was an equipment auction, just like my brother in law suggested. Like I said, he takes cash when he goes so he can get the mini-dozer and go.

Not done reading yet. I would say not much new information, but definitely clarification about JW's movements, how he learned about the fire, where he was.......which was at the dojo. There was no mention of him being at the Lowes.......at all. The defense is absolutely placing this on JW. Also......it wasn't the Mosler registration........it was the Mosler registration renewal letter! Dam media.

Whoa!!!! There is no reason for him to have that letter. Very shady!!!

- Prosecutor did not want to talk about the whereabouts of the S family cell phones. They are subject to an open search warrant that is about to be executed but has not been yet. (there's a bench conference which is partially sealed). However, Defense was allowed to ask whether the cell phones were found with Wint, in his belongings, or the homes where he stayed, and the answer was "no". (wonder where they were found and who had them).
- A knife was recovered from the trash outside the S house (I don't remember knowing that).
- There is a very weird bench conference in which the Prosecution says that the Defense is about to show photos of pizza but they are photos taken over two weeks after the crime and that the pizza in the photos was eaten by the techs -- that it's not the pizza eaten by Wint. Defense and Judge are v. confused.

Would techs working crime scene at S home after murders have ordered Domino's and a LE photog mistakenly photograph it?

Wow. Just finished reading the transcript and I can't thank you enough for posting it!

I saw no mention of DNA on DW's shoe in the preliminary hearing transcript. Does that mean it was a rumor or just that it didn't come up?

Who knows. It might have been a rumor, or maybe they are saving this evidence for trial.

Whoa!!!! There is no reason for him to have that letter. Very shady!!!

Except you know...to register the car for SS. Part of his job, as has been reported.

What on earth do you think he could have done with that letter? And how would he have gotten it, if SS hadn't given it to him?

This whole transcript seems to clear JW of all of the allegations. IMO of course.

Thank you so much blessedlife! Really appreciate you getting this. So much interesting information. I have the same recollection too, Kammiemc, about SS's sister being the controller?? And, there's the following from page 50 that I found interesting, but confusing:

"MS. BACH(prosecutor): Now, what I intend to ask this detective on redirect is have you confirmed his whereabouts? Yes, but I don't think that he needs to specify for the defense exactly how we have confirmed that. They're Winfield defendant if that's what he is, is not truly a Winfield defendant. So my point is even if W-1 is completely involved in this, that doesn't rule out the defendant. And so we think this goes beyond the probable cause finding that this Court needs to make and we think that they're just trying to learn basically the steps that we've taken thus far in the investigation to prove W-1's credibility."

It seems the Winfield reference is to some legal principle, IDK? Maybe a legal eagle could chime in?

I think so. Maybe that explains why no one heard barking.
We have a similar set-up for our cats - door to the basement, however, the basement has its own cat door (I just didn't want to cut a hole in any of our main floor doors), so it's possible that they had the same set-up and the dogs were able to get outside from the basement.

No I don't think their lot slopes like that. First floor would open to backyard imo.

Except you know...to register the car for SS. Part of his job, as has been reported.

What on earth do you think he could have done with that letter? And how would he have gotten it, if SS hadn't given it to him?

This whole transcript seems to clear JW of all of the allegations. IMO of course.

Exactly. He has an alibi for both days (Wednesday and Thursday) because his whereabouts were verified by the police and what he told them checks out.

I've read through the whole morning session:

The State is trying very hard not to do anything that would damage JW's credibility any more than it has been damaged already. My impression is that Detective Owens is not very interested in him as a suspect, although he did say that they did not inform him that he was a suspect but did tell him that they thought he knew more than he was saying. My impression of that comment is that he was being careful not to leave anyone with any grounds to say JW was not properly mirandized.

Detective says that the red bag has not been recovered and that only bag found in the car is a black backpack.

The lead detective did not personally interview JW. That was done by DC Police. I have to wonder if we can infer that he did not consider JW that important a witness. He seems foggy on the details of JW's timeline.

JW "made himself known" to police in the context of saying he wanted his car back and told them who he was relative to the S family. They then took him to the station for a more formal interview.

W-2 was also brought into the station that day for an interview.

Detective Owens interviewed the person who spotted the Porsche.

JW never had a key or code to access any area of the house.

There was back and forth about whether the garage was open when he arrived.

SS DID tell the AIW employee that he needed the $40K for an equipment auction, so I owe someone many threads back an apology, since I thought that the idea that a CEO would take $40K in cash to an equipment auction was patently absurd :)

@skigirl & tex where / how are you reading this if blessed hasn't posted it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member