DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the doggie door was duct taped, so if dogs were put into the basement, the door was duct taped so they don't run away. So they must have been let out before the fire.

There has been a lot of speculation about where the dogs were...and A LOT of pages since this happened.

Are you sure about that jjenny?? I know it would be asking a lot to post the ubiquitous WS favorite "Link?" Any chance you might have one? LOL!!

Wint was turning himself in and the police were directing him to the right place? But the marshals swooped in? If this is so... why all the extra people (he didn't know) and the money orders? Why would he have the money at all, or knifes?

LOL, seriously, that smells - NOT your comment, I agree with you, just thinking about the idea that they were all on their merry way to help DW turn himself in. :hilarious: "Here I am in a neat little package for you."

Ok. You guys are going to have to be patient and bear with me as I breathe and let go of JW being a suspect.......Letting go.......

:therethere: :) I know it's tough... :giggle:

I do love the WebSleuths emoticons - makes me smile all the time.)(

There has been a lot of speculation about where the dogs were...and A LOT of pages since this happened.

Are you sure about that jjenny?? I know it would be asking a lot to post the ubiquitous WS favorite "Link?" Any chance you might have one? LOL!!

It's in the transcript of the prelim.

They had to pick a number between 35 and 50. So they picked 40.

What I am trying to reconcile is a discussion wherein a victim that has a knife at his throat and the kidnapper is listening says "oh, give me a check made out to cash for something between 35 and 50" It's just a weird request. I can't imagine saying that while my brute captor is listening. I can understand asking "how much can I get with such late notice?" "I need a check for X amount" "I'm in a bind, need it first thing in the morning for an auction and I forgot to go to the bank today. How much liquid do we have that you can write me a check for cash?" Maybe the answer was "between 35 and 50" I guess it doesn't matter now, it is what it is and it's done. It just struck me as a weird thing to say in court, so it must be true, so I oh nevermind.

In my opinion.

What I am trying to reconcile is a discussion wherein a victim that has a knife at my throat and is listening says "oh, give me a check made out to cash for something between 35 and 50" It's just a weird request. I can't imagine saying that while my brute captor is listening. I can understand asking "how much can I get with such late notice?" "I need a check for X amount" "I'm in a bind, need it first thing in the morning for an auction and I forgot to go to the bank today. How much liquid do we have that you can write me a check for cash?" Maybe the answer was "between 35 and 50" I guess it doesn't matter now, it is what it is and it's done. It just struck me as a weird thing to say in court, so it must be true, so I oh nevermind.

In my opinion.

I totally get what you are saying! I mean, if my boss told me to take out "between 35 and 50 THOUSAND DOLLARS"...I am not even sure how I would handle that request. OK, wait...yes, I am. I would take out $50,000. I have always been one to be on the safe side. LOL!! If my Mom asked "Do you need $10 or $20"...$20 it was! LOL!!

I guess I would just take the $50K and say we can redeposit any extra. So yeah, $40K is weird to me. Always has been. And we still don't have a rational explanation for it. Oh well...like you said.

I totally get what you are saying! I mean, if my boss told me to take out "between 35 and 50 THOUSAND DOLLARS"...I am not even sure how I would handle that request. OK, wait...yes, I am. I would take out $50,000. I have always been one to be on the safe side. LOL!! If my Mom asked "Do you need $10 or $20"...$20 it was! LOL!!

I guess I would just take the $50K and say we can redeposit any extra. So yeah, $40K is weird to me. Always has been. And we still don't have a rational explanation for it. Oh well...like you said.

I think there may have been a limit at the bank on how much could be withdrawn per account or something. It would be interesting to find out what BofA rules are.

Sooooo, I'm really hoping they have a bit more evidence during trial. It sounds as if the Defense is going to make argument that the pizza they recovered with the Wints DNA was actually outside in the garbage can. I know LE knows it was in the house but geez man, could that create reasonable doubt to a jury???? Pleeeeze let there be more. [emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am still reading the transcript. Small anecdote. I "hear" Judge Samour from the James Holmes trial every time I read something The Court says. LOL

So, Ago says that this is "definitely not a Winfield" - then why does Ago want to bring up every little thing about W-1?

I am still reading the transcript. Small anecdote. I "hear" Judge Samour from the James Holmes trial every time I read something The Court says. LOL

Judge sounds pretty tough "You will not make speeches in my courtroom"

Sooooo, I'm really hoping they have a bit more evidence during trial. It sounds as if the Defense is going to make argument that the pizza they recovered with the Wints DNA was actually outside in the garbage can. I know LE knows it was in the house but geez man, could that create reasonable doubt to a jury???? Pleeeeze let there be more. [emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DNA on the pizza is not the only evidence. DW's DNA was also found on the vest in the burned car, and he had a large amount of money in the car and truck at the time he was arrested (even though he had no source of income)

I think that's really overthinking it. Sometimes people do things just because. If you are told to pick a number between 35 and 50, somebody might pick 40, somebody might pick 45, etc. They picked 40.

So, Ago says that this is "definitely not a Winfield" - then why does Ago want to bring up every little thing about W-1?

I think he wanted to see if his movements had been verified. In his closing he didn't mention him again. He went over the brother in the van and "weak DNA"

I think he wanted to see if his movements had been verified. In his closing he didn't mention him again. He went over the brother in the van and "weak DNA"

Detective Owens is not a DNA expert, which was clearly evident from his testimony. At trial, they presumably will have an actual expert to testify about DNA results, so it will be a lot more convincing.

Detective Owens is not a DNA expert, which was clearly evident from his testimony. At trial, they presumably will have an actual expert to testify about DNA results, so it will be a lot more convincing.

Exactly.
Ago trying to argue the pizza DNA would only prove DW was there on the 13th. Said there still is no proof he was there on the 14th...well except there's his DNA on the green vest in the getaway Porsche on the 14th..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist