DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Car wasn't torched near the house. So this person wouldn't have to return to the area to torch the car. Car was seen some time after the house was on fire not that far from the house (with an African-American guy driving it). So it would appear that the perp torched the house, left in the car, then torched the car some hours later.

African American with short well-groomed hair. If the witness was close enough to see that the guy's hair was short and well-groomed, they would probably also be able to say whether it was in a pony tail instead. (But they didn't say that or even express uncertainty that we know of.) IMO, this leaves it open that someone else could have been driving the car.

African American with short well-groomed hair. If the witness was close enough to see that the guy's hair was short and well-groomed, they would probably also be able to say whether it was in a pony tail instead. (But they didn't say that or even express uncertainty that we know of.) IMO, this leaves it open that someone else could have been driving the car.

From the preliminary hearing where the defense raised the identity of the driver and LE agreed that DW didn't have the hair described by the witness:
Q And, um, the witness said, W-3 said that the driver
had a short haircut, correct?
A Correct.
Q And, um, and said that the haircut was edged,
correct?
A Yes.
Q And as far as you know -- as far as your
investigation has revealed, Mr. Wint -- there's no way that
he would have had that haircut on May 14th, correct?
A Best of my knowledge, no.
I've thought for instance it could have been DW's cousin who was fired from SS's business, which isn't to say that I don't think DW didn't have some role there and his prior attorney admitted as much.

Witnesses are wrong all the time. Sometimes they miss that a person has facial hair, etc. This witness would have only seen the person driving for a brief time. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they missed a pony tail.

Witnesses are wrong all the time. Sometimes they miss that a person has facial hair, etc. This witness would have only seen the person driving for a brief time. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they missed a pony tail.

Yes, I agree that they could have been wrong about the description. I am just also open to the idea that they could have been right.

Paul Wagner ‏@Fox5Wagner [video=twitter;725057554896801792]https://twitter.com/Fox5Wagner/status/725057554896801792[/video]
New-Prosecutors list evidence turned over to defense in Mansion murders but more than 20 warrants remain under seal.

Thank you for the information popsicle. I think of this case often as it is one of the most haunting and brutal I've followed.
It's interesting to see what's on the list. I noticed the attendance records for St. Albans and the surveillance videos. Also, wonder who W-11 is because they have records for W-11's check-in history at Retro Fitness? Also, the pet motel? Item 122 is curious.

Thank you for the information popsicle. I think of this case often as it is one of the most haunting and brutal I've followed.
It's interesting to see what's on the list. I noticed the attendance records for St. Albans and the surveillance videos. Also, wonder who W-11 is because they have records for W-11's check-in history at Retro Fitness? Also, the pet motel? Item 122 is curious.

Is there a link to be able to read the list in its' entirety? I can only make out a few from the twitter photo. For example #157, a disc of DW's 911 call in New York. Did he call 911 to alert them he was driving to DC to turn himself in?

Is there a link to be able to read the list in its' entirety? I can only make out a few from the twitter photo. For example #157, a disc of DW's 911 call in New York. Did he call 911 to alert them he was driving to DC to turn himself in?

I'm not aware of a link but it would be nice if there was.

Crazy that it's been almost a year and we're basically at the same stage. Nothing really new from the first couple of days/weeks..

I'm not aware of a link but it would be nice if there was.

It seems like you were able to read more of the list than I was able to make out, you must have much better eyes than me!

While examining the letters, FOX 5 discovered more than 20 search warrants that are still under seal. These warrants pertain to phone numbers, a suitcase, Facebook accounts and a laptop.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/132998568-story

Given how no items were stolen, it would either be a laptop belong to the S family or it could be this laptop, but if it was a family computer I don't know why that search warrant would be under seal:
Wallace has not been identified as a suspect, but court documents obtained by PEOPLE show that police executed a search warrant of Wallace's car and recovered a laptop, an external hard drive, two backpacks and his passport.
http://www.people.com/article/dc-mansion-murders-why-are-police-investigating-jordan-wallace

The timeline of this case is very interesting. This might have been touched on before but since its been so quiet in here...
Does anyone know what time St. Albans releases students to go home in the afternoon? We know of course that Philip was home with a concussion and many believe Vera was scheduled to leave at 3 pm to catch her bus. If Vera did not stay late it could only mean that the intial break in had to be at 3 pm or before. If Philip was not scheduled to be home before 3 pm there is a high probability that the perps knew he was already at home.

Interesting that LE has documents relating to Retro Fitness - Flatlands (in Brooklyn) for both W-4 and W-11. Wonder what the connection is between the fitness club and the witnesses and the crime. W-4 also signed consents to search in May and June.

New interview with NG: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...tions-After-DC-Mansion-Murders-377552841.html

New information:
- VF told NG that she thought she saw men outside the Savopoulos home watching the house in the weeks before the murder
- SS usually was driven to work and other places by JW in his own car, but that day he took Amy's car to his dojo and left his own car parked in the driveway, which was unusual and NG speculates that may have made the people responsible believe that SS was home.
- The video says that SS got a call from AS "shortly before 5". The video shows what looks like a phone record with a 5:54 timestamp, but the record is from May 9, not the date of the murders, so I guess it was an artistic liberty.
- NG believes that AS was already captive at the time when SS received the call from AS.
- SS told AG (who was there with him) that he needed to go and asked her to lock up

One other interesting tidbit from the Fox5 report video @1:54

LE collected surveillance video from May 13 (the day of the break-in, not the day of the murders, which happened on 5-14) from an office building at 5530 Wisconsin Ave, NW in Chevy Chase. They collected video from the 5th floor elevator lobby, loading dock, the emergency exit, the garage, and the main lobby.

Hmmm.

The building houses mostly private medical, dental, and PT practices. Wonder who had a connection to the building and why the emergency exit and loading docks are of interest and what this person was doing on the 5th floor. It could be as simple as Savvas picking up some second-hand equipment that he had purchased for the dojo from one of the practices, or it could be something more interesting, like someone secreting items stolen from the Savopoulos house. Or perhaps evidence for or against an alibi (was or was not at the doctor when he/she said he/she was). I wish we knew more.

One other interesting tidbit from the Fox5 report video @1:54

LE collected surveillance video from May 13 (the day of the break-in, not the day of the murders, which happened on 5-14) from an office building at 5530 Wisconsin Ave, NW in Chevy Chase. They collected video from the 5th floor elevator lobby, loading dock, the emergency exit, the garage, and the main lobby.

Hmmm.

The building houses mostly private medical, dental, and PT practices. Wonder who had a connection to the building and why the emergency exit and loading docks are of interest and what this person was doing on the 5th floor. It could be as simple as Savvas picking up some second-hand equipment that he had purchased for the dojo from one of the practices, or it could be something more interesting, like someone secreting items stolen from the Savopoulos house. Or perhaps evidence for or against an alibi (was or was not at the doctor when he/she said he/she was). I wish we knew more.
Thank you for going through all this and posting. I really appreciate it.

Sent from Wonderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member