DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE also collected video from Triangle Quality Foods, 2306 51st Place in Hyattsville, MD from 5-16-2015, a couple days after the murders. That is right near a business called Access Digital Solutions" which does home security systems (who knows if those two things are related, but I have to wonder what company installed the S family system, which was disabled during the crimes).

They also collected video from a couple different locations on Frolich Lane (4821 and 5120) in Hyattsville from 5-16-2015. Wonder what was happening in these industrial areas in Hyattsville, just a mile from American Iron Works.

LE also collected video from Triangle Quality Foods, 2306 51st Place in Hyattsville, MD from 5-16-2015, a couple days after the murders. That is right near a business called Access Digital Solutions" which does home security systems (who knows if those two things are related, but I have to wonder what company installed the S family system, which was disabled during the crimes).

They also collected video from a couple different locations on Frolich Lane (4821 and 5120) in Hyattsville from 5-16-2015. Wonder what was happening in these industrial areas in Hyattsville, just a mile from American Iron Works.

Thanks Skigirl for your research into the lists and the businesses noted above. It is fascinating. How were you able to read the lists so well? I tried to go over them from the twitter photo, but had to give up.

New interview with NG: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...tions-After-DC-Mansion-Murders-377552841.html

New information:
- VF told NG that she thought she saw men outside the Savopoulos home watching the house in the weeks before the murder
- SS usually was driven to work and other places by JW in his own car, but that day he took Amy's car to his dojo and left his own car parked in the driveway, which was unusual and NG speculates that may have made the people responsible believe that SS was home.
- The video says that SS got a call from AS "shortly before 5". The video shows what looks like a phone record with a 5:54 timestamp, but the record is from May 9, not the date of the murders, so I guess it was an artistic liberty.
- NG believes that AS was already captive at the time when SS received the call from AS.
- SS told AG (who was there with him) that he needed to go and asked her to lock up

I do think that AS was forced to call SS home and that LE has their timeline wrong - or at least the timeline they used for the prelim.

Thanks Skigirl for your research into the lists and the businesses noted above. It is fascinating. How were you able to read the lists so well? I tried to go over them from the twitter photo, but had to give up.

You're welcome! I didn't do anything special to see the lists -- they were shown on the video and I just paused at a few different moments and then enlarged the image. I have a mac so it's pretty easy to enlarge a window. The building in Chevy Chase was mentioned by the newscaster and also highlighted in yellow, so that one was particularly easy.

I do think that AS was forced to call SS home and that LE has their timeline wrong - or at least the timeline they used for the prelim.

I agree -- I've always thought that it would be super-unlikely that AS would call him home for anything short of the break-in. She knew that the dojo was a labor of love for SS and that they were down to the wire with the upcoming opening and had arranged to have people help him because things were far behind schedule. She would not have asked him to leave unless she absolutely had to.

I also think it's really interesting that SS was driving AS' car that day. Didn't we learn early on that her car came screeching up to the house that afternoon? I always had assumed that it was one of the abductors who had driven her car someplace for some reason, but it makes sense that it was SS who was in a hurry because he somehow knew something was wrong.

I also think it's really interesting that SS was driving AS' car that day. Didn't we learn early on that her car came screeching up to the house that afternoon? I always had assumed that it was one of the abductors who had driven her car someplace for some reason, but it makes sense that it was SS who was in a hurry because he somehow knew something was wrong.

I think they probably had her use some version of the 'hospital' ruse that they used subsequently, like having AS tell SS that she thinks PS has gotten worse needs to go the hospital, so he should come home to look at their son's brain injury. A child's brain injury problems could get SS to drop his studio business and come screeching home.

One other interesting tidbit from the Fox5 report video @1:54

LE collected surveillance video from May 13 (the day of the break-in, not the day of the murders, which happened on 5-14) from an office building at 5530 Wisconsin Ave, NW in Chevy Chase. They collected video from the 5th floor elevator lobby, loading dock, the emergency exit, the garage, and the main lobby.

Hmmm.

The building houses mostly private medical, dental, and PT practices. Wonder who had a connection to the building and why the emergency exit and loading docks are of interest and what this person was doing on the 5th floor. It could be as simple as Savvas picking up some second-hand equipment that he had purchased for the dojo from one of the practices, or it could be something more interesting, like someone secreting items stolen from the Savopoulos house. Or perhaps evidence for or against an alibi (was or was not at the doctor when he/she said he/she was). I wish we knew more.
I'm curious if the mobile devices of two or more of the accused or suspected assailants converged at this location at the same time or perhaps at different times but a drop off/pick up situation (maybe a key or an alarm code written on a piece of paper to avoid an electronic trail?).

Wild speculation, yes but it's plausible. Thoughts?

I think they probably had her use some version of the 'hospital' ruse that they used subsequently, like having AS tell SS that she thinks PS has gotten worse needs to go the hospital, so he should come home to look at their son's brain injury. A child's brain injury problems could get SS to drop his studio business and come screeching home.

This has been reported from the start. And as I recall, SS said he had to get home since AS was going out. As he didn't know that AS was kidnapped, he presumably wouldn't need to make that up. So likely she told him she was going out.

I'm curious if the mobile devices of two or more of the accused or suspected assailants converged at this location at the same time or perhaps at different times but a drop off/pick up situation (maybe a key or an alarm code written on a piece of paper to avoid an electronic trail?).

Wild speculation, yes but it's plausible. Thoughts?

Great brainstorming !!! Never thought of that possibility.

LE collected surveillance video from May 13 (the day of the break-in, not the day of the murders, which happened on 5-14) from an office building at 5530 Wisconsin Ave, NW in Chevy Chase. They collected video from the 5th floor elevator lobby, loading dock, the emergency exit, the garage, and the main lobby.

Hmmm.

The building houses mostly private medical, dental, and PT practices. Wonder who had a connection to the building and why the emergency exit and loading docks are of interest and what this person was doing on the 5th floor. It could be as simple as Savvas picking up some second-hand equipment that he had purchased for the dojo from one of the practices, or it could be something more interesting, like someone secreting items stolen from the Savopoulos house. Or perhaps evidence for or against an alibi (was or was not at the doctor when he/she said he/she was). I wish we knew more.

5530 also has several law practices. Perhaps it's where Wint spoke with a lawyer and learned how much it might cost him to fight being deported

This has been reported from the start. And as I recall, SS said he had to get home since AS was going out. As he didn't know that AS was kidnapped, he presumably wouldn't need to make that up. So likely she told him she was going out.

It wasn't ever confirmed what SS was told about why he had to get home.

Hmmm.

Really great work on this, skigirl :)

There are so many businesses located at 5530 Wisconsin Ave it's difficult to determine just how this address is related to the crime. 'Just a random thought... IRC, Philip had previously sustained an injury while racing, so maybe he saw a physician... Suite 530 is a adolescent/pediatric medical office. This doesn't quite explain video of the loading dock, though... so, maybe it is video of Wint and/or criminal associate/s. :thinking:

At least we have some additional info on this crime to sleuth :)

It wasn't ever confirmed what SS was told about why he had to get home.

What do you mean by "confirmed?" SS is dead, so who is supposed to confirm it? NG claimed he told her AS wanted to go out. If you don't believe that was the reason SS gave NG, how is anyone supposed to confirm it since SS can not confirm what he said?

"Savvas Savopoulos had told Gutierrez on Wednesday that his wife had plans to go out. But in the voicemail that night, he said Amy Savopoulos had been sick in bed, according to The Associated Press."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/1...r-not-to-visit-before-being-killed-in-dc.html

There are so many businesses located at 5530 Wisconsin Ave it's difficult to determine just how this address is related to the crime. 'Just a random thought... IRC, Philip had previously sustained an injury while racing, so maybe he saw a physician... Suite 530 is a adolescent/pediatric medical office. This doesn't quite explain video of the loading dock, though... so, maybe it is video of Wint and/or criminal associate/s. :thinking:

I'd suggest there's two possibilities that are definitely probable (one that I thought of thanks to your comment):
1) From your comment I think that it's possible that Wint or a known associate and PS & Mom (or housekeeper) were both there at the same time [Stalking or monitoring movements or possibly following them home to begin attack as they return]

2) The convergence of DW and one of a few names we know (I'll refrain from speculating) at this location (possibly at the same or staggered times) to pass off something (key or passcode to alarm) without leaving a digital trail.

Thank you :) Could be as creepy as LE suspecting that someone followed them there or back to to their home from an appointment? I hadn't thought of that until I saw some of the comments here... I wish I had a directory of the building and knew exactly what was on the 5th floor.

ETA: as Hastings said!

Here's something I don't think we've seen before; I have not gone through the whole thing yet: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2815167-OB34FD.html

"Re: United States v. Darron Wint, Case No. 2015CF1007047 Discovery letter No. 2" dated April 1, 2016.

Last item on last page (#19) seems interesting:

"Materials related to search of 226 Nottingham Hill" which includes "confidential investigative report" and "motion to seal search warrant"

Anyone recognize this address??

This one may be new, too: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2815167-OB34FD.html
Wint Evidence list

Includes texts between SS and "W-28" from 4/29/2015-5/13/2015 at 5:16 PM -- I guess just before he went or arrived home.
Also includes a disc from Wal-Mart (does not say where) including surveillance footage, transaction records, photos, merchandise information.

ETA: Sorry, this was the same document I posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1