DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I talk about "inaccuracies" in news reportings, it is because this misinformation "throws me off".

I apologize if I sound like I am harshly judging journalists. The opposite is true in that I greatly admire them. Their reporting on news is critical to our society and I deeply appreciate their hard work.

Humans make errors. This was an error.

For me, I remember a lot of the "details", as we all do, and I get thrown off when I read conflicting information.

Last edited:
Thank you @Harmony 2 for your post (#5) wherein you provided the following link:

This is very interesting, especially the vast experience of these panel members.

Mansion Murders: Panel of Legal Experts Discusses the Case

Thank you for posting.
AS was tortured? Did I miss this earlier?
DW ranted and raved about everything all the time on SM... but not about SS. On SM all the time except for the 18 hours the S family was being held?
Gonna watch it again tonight.

The testimony of Detective Owens reveals that he went to the home of the father of D.W. on May 20, 2015

There, within some belongings of D.W. was discovered a"retainer agreement" and a receipt for "$1,100.00" marked "provided in cash for legal fees" from an immigration law firm.

The receipt for the $1,100.00 legal retainer is dated May 16, 2015.

Pages 12 to page 14 of the transcript of the preliminary hearing.

PH Transcript

When I talk about "inaccuracies" in news reportings, it is because this misinformation "throws me off".

I apologize if I sound like I am harshly judging journalists. The opposite is true in that I greatly admire them. Their reporting on news is critical to our society and I deeply appreciate their hard work.

Humans make errors. This was an error.

For me, I remember a lot of the "details", as we all do, and I get thrown off when I read conflicting information.

I wish I felt that way but when it comes to trusting the media ..I have to admit... I don't.

I would much rather rely on court transcripts and what is testified to in the actual trial.

Jmo

I plan to read over the preliminary hearing transcript again.

If anyone is interested, the link is below:
It is in pdf and is 155 pages in length.

PH Transcript

Thank u!!

I agree, I want to read it myself too! everything is open to interpretation by individual journalists, original sources are the only real sources!

Heart breaking day in the courtroom today for all that love the victims: Sister and driver both had to testify today that they did not pick up on any stress from their interaction with Savvas. I've lost count how many interacted with him, and didn't realize anything so horrific going down behind close doors.

Meagan Fitzgerald‏Verified account @MeaganNBCDC
Defense attorneys tried poking holes in the testimony of Savvas’ assistant, Jordan Wallace. Defense said he deleted text messages, lied to detectives several times and shared information about his wealthy boss on social media and w friends. Live report at 5&6 #MansionMurders

1:59 PM - 17 Sep 2018

Jordan Wallace confirms for defense that he was told by Savvas’ sister to tell police everything he knew and police also told him to walking them through, step by step of what happened the morning before family was killed, but he still lied about some details. #MansionMurders

12:26 PM - 17 Sep 2018

Defense now questioning Jordan Wallace, assistant to Savvas Savapoulos and showing jurors that he lied to police about how he dropped off the $40k in ransom. Defense playing video of Wallace lying to police. #MansionMurders @nbcwashington

12:18 PM - 17 Sep 2018

Morning starting with questions about if Jordan Wallace, Savvas Savopoulos’ assistant needs an attorney in the court since Wallace is expected to testify. Defense says they have several questions where he *could plead the 5th. Wallace still expected to take stand. #MansionMurders

8:35 AM - 17 Sep 2018

Day 7 of the #MansionMurders trial. Today we are expecting to hear testimony from several witnesses including Jordan Wallace, Savvas Savopoulos’ assistant and Bernard Alfaro, the housekeepers husband. @nbcwashington

7:09 AM - 17 Sep 2018

Thank u!!

I agree, I want to read it myself too! everything is open to interpretation by individual journalists, original sources are the only real sources!

OT... remember when everything was not open to interpretation by journalists? We reported the what, where, when, how, and why, period. Any more than that and your story was pulled by editors (or you were told to find a job writing feature stories). Ahhh, those where the days...

Thank you @Harmony 2 for your post (#5) wherein you provided the following link:

This is very interesting, especially the vast experience of these panel members.

Mansion Murders: Panel of Legal Experts Discusses the Case

Watching the panel discussion and more questions than answers:
Is money / $40,000 the motive for this horrific crime?
Could 4 people be killed by only 1 person? How did DW control the scene?
Was the crime committed by somebody else, or in conjunction with DW?
Was it forced entry, or how did DW enter the residence? (The window propped open with screw driver?)
Why was both the porsche and mini-van torched?
Why didn't perps steal any valuables from the residence?
Was surveillance equipment disabled or did it not work to begin with?
What is the mind of DW? Is he violent enough to commit these horrific crimes?
This was definitely overkill -- was this crime personal and why?
DW said to be obsessed with social media, and only off the grid during the crime timeline.
No evidence of rants directed at SS by DW on social media.

Imo, while money is more than likely the motive for DW -- possibly facing immediate deportation/immigration issues, I'm troubled by the minimal amount claimed @ only $40K. If DW was a journeyman Ironworker employed in DC area, the prevailing wage rate is more than $30 per hour plus $20 per hour fringe benefits. Wages for this occupation could be well over $40K year at part-time, and double if full-time. The only thing that makes sense for DW to have acted alone is if he had control and means to torture young Philip. Also, by all accounts, DW has the mind to kill -- he violently slashed a man with a knife to near death, only to repeat the attack a few days later on the same man! If DW had an accomplice, I still do not understand why he's kept silent, and not named his accomplice. I'm sorry but I don't see DW as a martyr taking the fall for anybody else. MOO

Last edited:
Watching the panel discussion and more questions than answers:
Is money / $40,000 the motive for this horrific crime?
Could 4 people be killed by only 1 person? How did DW control the scene?
Was the crime committed by somebody else, or in conjunction with DW?
Was it forced entry, or how did DW enter the residence? (The window propped open with screw driver?)
Why was both the porsche and mini-van torched?
Why didn't perps steal any valuables from the residence?
Was surveillance equipment disabled or did it work to begin with?
What is the mind of DW? Is he violent enough to commit these horrific crimes?
This was definitely overkill -- was this crime personal and why?
DW said to be obsessed with social media, and only off the grid during the crime timeline.
No evidence of rants directed at SS by DW on social media.

Imo, while money is more than likely the motive for DW -- possibly facing immediate deportation/immigration issues, I'm troubled by the minimal amount claimed @ only $40K. If DW was a journeyman Ironworker employed in DC area, the prevailing wage rate is more than $30 per hour plus $20 per hour fringe benefits. Wages for this occupation could be well over $40K year at part-time, and double if full-time. The only thing that makes sense for DW to have acted alone is if he had control and means to torture young Philip. Also, by all accounts, DW has the mind to kill -- he violently slashed a man with a knife to near death, only to repeat the attack a few days later on the same man! If DW had an accomplice, I still do not understand why he's kept silent, and not named his accomplice. I'm sorry but I don't see DW as a martyr taking the fall for anybody else. MOO

Perhaps a larger payoff is coming to DW. He could be a middleman hitman...40k from SS and more if someone hired him to do this...
Why wait 15 years for revenge? He seems like an immediate revenge guy-MOO.
According to the “legal panel” he ranted all over social media about everything all the time- but not about SS...

JMO

Perhaps a larger payoff is coming to DW. He could be a middleman hitman...40k from SS and more if someone hired him to do this...
Why wait 15 years for revenge? He seems like an immediate revenge guy-MOO.
According to the “legal panel” he ranted all over social media about everything all the time- but not about SS...
JMO
Except a future payoff would be of no value when spending life in prison! Did he really think he'd get away with the crime? An accomplice is deemed just as guilty, and pays the same price. I don't believe DW a generous man looking to share his ill found gain either. He couldn't spend the money fast enough -- took a $1,000 cab ride first night. He's not only evil, but appears a fool as well! MOO...

D.W. wasn't aware that saliva containing his nuclear DNA was on a crust of pizza. And that it would be analyzed and matched in CODIS to him. He didn't think he'd be spending a day in prison.

That is likely why he paid an immigration law firm a retainer fee of $1,100. in cash, the receipt being discovered along with the retainer agreement amidst D.W.'s belongings which Detective Owens found at D.W.'s father's home.

If $1,100. was the retainer fee, how much more would D.W. have to come up with? (By the way the receipt is dated May 16, 2015 - two days after the massacre)

Where did he think he would get this money?

Last edited:
Except a future payoff would be of no value when spending life in prison! Did he really think he'd get away with the crime? An accomplice is deemed just as guilty, and pays the same price. I don't believe DW a generous man looking to share his ill found gain either. He couldn't spend the money fast enough -- took a $1,000 cab ride first night. He's not only evil, but appears a fool as well! MOO...[/QUOTE

Maybe it was planned for DW, DW and SW for reasonable doubt...
MOO

I can only speak for myself but I have learned reasonable and commonsense questions will never be answered in cases like this who are so unreasonable and illogical.

I go by what evidence is presented in the trial. Imo he is the sole perpetrator in these horrific acts. I cant count the cases over the years that involved multiple victims..even more than these four...who also met the same fate done by one defendant..from start to finish... who did it all.

ALL I know is it happens and has happened before this case.

What I care about most is the evidence presented at trial in each case and in this one I think it will be proven he acted alone like so many others before him have done.

The many why's are rarely ever answered in any case. I really don't have to know why he did the things he did to know he did them based on presented testimony. He will never divulge his demonic plot anyway. He is too busy trying to place blame on others who he knows weren't involved.

Jmo

Last edited:
D.W. wasn't aware that saliva containing his nuclear DNA was on a crust of pizza. And that it would be analyzed and matched in CODIS to him. He didn't think he'd be spending a day in prison.

That is likely why he paid an immigration law firm a retainer fee of $1,100. in cash, the receipt being discovered along with the retainer agreement amidst D.W.'s belongings which Detective Owens found at D.W.'s father's home.

If $1,100. was the retainer fee, how much more would D.W. have to come up with?

Where did he think he would get this money?

With D.W. 's violent criminal history I would imagine costs would skyrocket in this case.

I can't imagine much worse than violent crimes as a successful argument for deportation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member