DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only speak for myself but I have learned reasonable and commonsense questions will never be answered in cases like this who are so unreasonable and illogical.

I go by what evidence is presented in the trial. Imo he is the sole perpetrator in these horrific acts. I cant count the cases over the years that involved multiple victims..even more than these four...who also met the same fate done by one defendant..from start to finish... who did it all.

ALL I know is it happens and has happened before this case.

What I care about most is the evidence presented at trial in each case and in this one I think it will be proven he acted alone like so many others before him have done.

The many why's are rarely ever answered in any case. I really don't have to know why he did the things he did to know he did them based on presented testimony. He will never divulge his demonic plot anyway. He is too busy trying to place blame on others who he knows weren't involved.

Jmo
According to the legal panel a couple page back, there have been many double homicides committed by sole perp, but no quadruple murder by one assailant they could find on record! I am sorry for the fear, and lives this man took from innocent persons.

According to the legal panel a couple page back, there have been many double homicides committed by sole perp, but no quadruple murder by one assailant they could find on record! I am sorry for the fear, and lives this man took from innocent persons.
Mansion Murders: Panel of Legal Experts Discusses the Case
14:52
Former assistant U.S. attorney Glenn Kirschner, speaking about his DC experience:
“I was chief of homicide here in DC at the US Attorney’s office; we have had, sadly, many double homicides, quite a few triple homicides, but this is one of the only quadruple homicides I can remember.”

Mansion Murders: Panel of Legal Experts Discusses the Case
14:52
Former assistant U.S. attorney Glenn Kirschner, speaking about his DC experience:
“I was chief of homicide here in DC at the US Attorney’s office; we have had, sadly, many double homicides, quite a few triple homicides, but this is one of the only quadruple homicides I can remember.”

Thanks SeesSeas. The reference was towards D.C. cases only.

I misunderstood what you wrote. I owe you an apology and I deleted my post. Yes, it heartbreaking that four lives were lost. That is a record no city wants to have.

But I see what he meant in the post below yours. He was talking about this specific area.

I misunderstood what you wrote. I owe you an apology and I deleted my post. Yes, it heartbreaking that four lives were lost. That is a record no city wants to have.

But I see what he meant in the post below yours. He was talking about this specific area.

No apology necessary -- I was referring to the legal panel that was addressing only the DC Murder Trial but if nobody watched it then perhaps my post would not be clear.

Quoting myself -- just to be clear, the legal panel above is discussing only the DC Murder Trial in the video (I watched it-- 30 minutes), and any references here is only about DC area homicides.

Last edited:
Thanks, I got it and didn't say it applied here. Message was there are exceptions to the rule.

Just to be clear so no one is misled about their Constitutional rights - there is no exception to the rule at issue. Your link was regarding a different rule!

For the 5th Amdmt to apply, there must be both 1) compulsion - addressed by your link, and 2) concern of self-inCRIMination - meaning something for which the witness could be criminally prosecuted.

JW can’t invoke the 5th to avoid admission of NDA violations, sub-par work performance, or other such civil / non-criminal matters. No exceptions! HTH!

Thanks for posting this, @taylorss .

Paul Wagner is a good reporter on this, in my opinion.

I have a question after watching Paul Wagner's segment on today's testimony by JW. They put up text of a voice mail SS left for JW. The voicemail was instruction for JW to go to the office, leave around 10. It is assumed SS left this voicemail around the time the abductions began.

I'm assuming the reporter means that SS left the voicemail after SS himself arrived at the house (the abductions actually started earlier). Or did he leave the voicemail while driving to the house?

What is the context of this message?

I'm guessing he knows there will be a need for money so is arranging for JW to be at the office rather than the dojo? If so, this might explain the calmness of SS throughout all the messages....perhaps he thought the money transfer would work out and all he had to do was survive until the money arrived. I wonder if all the torturing didn't happen until the very end, after the money arrived??

JW must have made the money demands from the start (makes sense), but by the time SS arrived at the home that afternoon, it was too late in the day to get cash from the bank.

Totally thinking aloud....please fill in gaps, make corrections to my thoughts.

jmo

I have a question after watching Paul Wagner's segment on today's testimony by JW. They put up text of a voice mail SS left for JW. The voicemail was instruction for JW to go to the office, leave around 10. It is assumed SS left this voicemail around the time the abductions began.

I'm assuming the reporter means that SS left the voicemail after SS himself arrived at the house (the abductions actually started earlier). Or did he leave the voicemail while driving to the house?

What is the context of this message?

I'm guessing he knows there will be a need for money so is arranging for JW to be at the office rather than the dojo? If so, this might explain the calmness of SS throughout all the messages....perhaps he thought the money transfer would work out and all he had to do was survive until the money arrived. I wonder if all the torturing didn't happen until the very end, after the money arrived??

JW must have made the money demands from the start (makes sense), but by the time SS arrived at the home that afternoon, it was too late in the day to get cash from the bank.

Totally thinking aloud....please fill in gaps, make corrections to my thoughts.

jmo
I believe the text messages from Savvas at trial today are over a period of 2 days. I'm not familiar with today's testimony by Savvas Sister but if I recall correctly, it was said that Savvas talked with Sister the evening of abduction and/or the evening before money delivered (and Sister followed up with their local CEO on bank withdrawal instructions). Savvas instructions to Jordan that same evening would have reflected the change of plans, and direct him to go meet the CEO and to collect the cash from bank withdrawal the following morning. MOO

Last edited:
Good WaPo article on JW testimony
Savopoulos assistant tearfully details delivering cash authorities said was ransom

Includes some interesting minor info pondered here before:
“Wallace said that he lost his job at the [go-kary] facility after asking for a raise and to be put on salary, and that Savvas Savopoulos offered to hire him.”

Also this bit of intrigue:
“Stein also asked Wallace if he used marijuana. Wallace said he began smoking marijuana in college. Stein asked Wallace if he had ever purchased marijuana from Daron Wint’s brother. Wallace said he had not.”

So did Wallace take the 5th or was that just defense fodder? Tia
Wallace is due to face more questioning on Tuesday.
MASNION MURDERS: Savopoulis assistant Jordan Wallace gives testimony on delivering $40K
POSTED: SEP 17, 2018 06:06PM EDT
Jordan Wallace was questioned by the prosecution on Monday. The man who worked as an assistant to Savvas Savopoulis told the jury about delivering $40,000 to the home. Wallace is due to face more questioning on Tuesday.

Good WaPo article on JW testimony
Savopoulos assistant tearfully details delivering cash authorities said was ransom

Includes some interesting minor info pondered here before:
“Wallace said that he lost his job at the [go-kary] facility after asking for a raise and to be put on salary, and that Savvas Savopoulos offered to hire him.”

Also this bit of intrigue:
“Stein also asked Wallace if he used marijuana. Wallace said he began smoking marijuana in college. Stein asked Wallace if he had ever purchased marijuana from Daron Wint’s brother. Wallace said he had not.”
Yes, good recap of the testimony yesterday.

From the link: This is what JW said about Philip:
“He was incredible, intelligent and ambitious. He was the hardest-working person I had ever met, let alone a kid,” Wallace said of Philip."

JW remains a mystery person (and I have to admire that he stayed out of the public eye so successfully for three years - with his good looks, he could have gotten a lot of media attention if he wanted it). But it certainly seems like JW was genuinely attached to the family and realized what a good gig he had going. I don't think JW would be part of a scheme to rob SS or harm the family. To get money from SS, all he had to do was remain a loyal employee, and I think he would've benefited from the association over the years more and more. The family had, essentially, taken him in, and I don't think JW would throw that away for a measly share of $40K.

Unless there is a bombshell, I don't think JW was involved.

jmo

Wallace is due to face more questioning on Tuesday.
MASNION MURDERS: Savopoulis assistant Jordan Wallace gives testimony on delivering $40K
POSTED: SEP 17, 2018 06:06PM EDT
Jordan Wallace was questioned by the prosecution on Monday. The man who worked as an assistant to Savvas Savopoulis told the jury about delivering $40,000 to the home. Wallace is due to face more questioning on Tuesday.

Good morning SeesSeas,

Thank you for this information.

References to J.W. possibly pleading the 5th may have been concerning today's testimony.

I was looking for the information about J.W.'s continuance on the stand and then came back and you'd already answered it!

Thanks again for your updates. Greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
ITA with everything you said. JW wanted to go places and had every reason to think his association w S family would get him there. He was even apparently ecstatic about his present position - he loved driving those cars!

Not many are given the opportunities he had. Not only was it a prestigious job but the family seem to have treated him very well. I think they both trusted him completely. I think he and Philip were very close.

Imo I don't think he would ever be a part of hurting this family he liked and admired so much.

It also shows how inclusive SS was. He genuinely treated everyone with kindness and acceptance.

If Savvas had lived Wallace would have continued to have more and more opportunities to excel imo. ALL of those hopes and dreams for the future crashed the day Wint murdered these four innocent people.

Yes, good recap of the testimony yesterday.

From the link: This is what JW said about Philip:
“He was incredible, intelligent and ambitious. He was the hardest-working person I had ever met, let alone a kid,” Wallace said of Philip."

JW remains a mystery person (and I have to admire that he stayed out of the public eye so successfully for three years - with his good looks, he could have gotten a lot of media attention if he wanted it). But it certainly seems like JW was genuinely attached to the family and realized what a good gig he had going. I don't think JW would be part of a scheme to rob SS or harm the family. To get money from SS, all he had to do was remain a loyal employee, and I think he would've benefited from the association over the years more and more. The family had, essentially, taken him in, and I don't think JW would throw that away for a measly share of $40K.

Unless there is a bombshell, I don't think JW was involved.

jmo

I think it will be the same defense strategy we have seen in other cases.

Often the defense strategy is accusing someone else of doing the crime or was involved. They make the unsubstainted claims in the form their leading questions. Rarely..if ever..are they able to produce evidence proving what they claim.

The defense hopes the questions asked will stick..and not what the answers are or that the evidence doesn't support it.

They will try to throw anything against the wall hoping it sticks.

I imagine it will be pretty typical when the strategy is some other dude/s did it.

Last edited:
I don't recall any previous mention about JW "running an ebay account" for SS.
Perhaps there was a nefarious contact regarding an ebay transaction. Not at all insinuating that JW did anything wrong; just that an unknown person could have been disgruntled about an ebay purchase. Speculation only.

Assistant who dropped off $40K in cash testifies in trial of man charged with killing DC family | WTOP
September 17, 2018 7:22 pm
Wallace was hired by Savvas Savopoulos in March 2015 to run errands, drive members of the family to appointments and carry out other odd jobs, such as running an eBay account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz