DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't posted my opinion in quite awhile but I do think JW was involved in some way. I don't think he intended for SS to be murdered, absolutely not, but I do think he either ran his mouth to the wrong person or wanted a quick get rich quick scheme. The only thing I will say is how DW knew to use JW? DW doesn't seem that smart... how did he know that SS would conveniently have an assistant that would lie to the cops about the money and other small details?

JW was involved.

Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie
Jordan Wallace back on stand today in #MansionMurders trial. Prosecution working to clarify his testimony from yesterday. Asked direct question if conspired with Wints or if he had anything to do with murder of his boss’ family. Answered “No.” @fox5dc

DnYqcQ7W4AA7c_3.jpg

DnYqcQ6XoAAR8e3.jpg

8:05 AM - 18 Sep 2018

Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie
Jordan Wallace testified he deleted text of $40k cash to his girlfriend bc he didn’t want Savvas to find out & fire him. Said he went back & clarified misstatements to detectives before the 4 hour interview was over. Said he was “scared & confused, it was a lot” @fox5dc

8:08 AM - 18 Sep 2018

I get it being alot but why lie? This, I don't understand.

I feel what he did to Philip had to be so heinous and brutal that he wanted to make sure to destroy his little body more than anything else to conceal what he had done to a terrified innocent defenseless 10 year old child.

He wanted those dark evil acts hidden more than anything else.

Imo

Sickeningly I fear that you may be right. Hopefully not, and we may never know anyway. MOO

I haven't posted my opinion in quite awhile but I do think JW was involved in some way. I don't think he intended for SS to be murdered, absolutely not, but I do think he either ran his mouth to the wrong person or wanted a quick get rich quick scheme. The only thing I will say is how DW knew to use JW? DW doesn't seem that smart... how did he know that SS would conveniently have an assistant that would lie to the cops about the money and other small details?

JW was involved.

While I'm not really on-board with JW being in cahoots with DW, you bring up a point... which is... how did DW know SS had the ability to have cash delivered to his home by anyone (be it a "driver" or other employee)? Could SS have suggested this... believing DW would free them after obtaining the money in this surreptitious way??

Last edited:
While I'm not really on-board with JW being in cahoots with DW you bring up a point... which is... how did DW know SS had the ability to have cash delivered to his home by anyone (be it a "driver" or other employee)? Could SS have suggested this... believing DW would free them after obtaining the money in this surreptitious way??

Maybe DW thought there was a big safe with big money in the house. No need for a driver.
But when there was no cash in the house, SS probably said he could get money delivered- you can call a courier service.
DW probably didn’t have a bank account. If he did, he could have deposited the $$, under 10k at a time, and wired $$ to the GF in NY. Coulda saved the cab ride money.

What was the box truck for???? Who caravans with a box truck? That is puzzling to me.

JMO

While I'm not really on-board with JW being in cahoots with DW you bring up a point... which is... how did DW know SS had the ability to have cash delivered to his home by anyone (be it a "driver" or other employee)? Could SS have suggested this... believing DW would free them after obtaining the money in this surreptitious way??

This is speculation on my part, but, I have always wondered if DW thought SS would have more cash on hand. SS might have suggested that JW could bring some as an alternative.

Eta: Meaning, I'm not convinced that DW necessarily knew that SS had an assistant who could deliver money. I think SS said he didn't have any on hand, called to get some, and that's why they were held overnight. I have always wondered what the outcome of this story would have been if AS or SS had more money on hand. But, given what happened... maybe not that different :(

Last edited:
Maybe DW thought there was a big safe with big money in the house. No need for a driver.
But when there was no cash in the house, SS probably said he could get money delivered- you can call a courier service.
DW probably didn’t have a bank account. If he did, he could have deposited the $$, under 10k at a time, and wired $$ to the GF in NY. Coulda saved the cab ride money.

What was the box truck for???? Who caravans with a box truck? That is puzzling to me.

JMO

IIRC, there was a safe in the home.

And, yep... box truck is puzzling. Planning to move furniture, maybe? But what (who's) furniture and where??

This is speculation on my part, but, I have always wondered if DW thought SS would have more cash on hand. SS might have suggested that JW could bring some as an alternative.
Yes, I think it went something like that. I think DW didn't know how wealthy people keep their cash but simply knew that they had money and he wanted it. I think DW had no idea how the process would actually work or how long it would take. I don't think he knew anything about JW or the role JW would play.

I think there was improvisation going on by both SS and DW during the ordeal, each one doing whatever it took to reach his goal.

:(

jmo, given what we know

Last edited:
Does anyone else find it strange that the origin of fire started in a room which only had one victim? Why didn't Wint start it in the room that held three of his victims?

Oh has anyone testified about the baseball bat that was to have been found with blood on it? Do we know if it was comingled DNA of multiple victims or a sole victim? Also do we know yet where it was found in the home?

Does anyone know when the ME..is expected to testify? I suppose after that testimony the forensic experts will testify afterwards.

Tia..

Maybe planning to buy furniture with the new stash of cash? IDK.

The truck thing was weird.

jmo

I wondered if they were going to move “people” out of the country. Maybe a false compartment built in the truck to smuggle DW out. DW knew LE would be after him.We know DW had spoken with an immigration attorney.
At the time of the murders when LE caught him, my very vivid imagination, thanks Mom, thought they were gonna roll down I-95 to I-20, go west , then south, and cross in Mexico somewhere.

Then DW meets up with a relative or childhood friend, with fake IDs and disappears into Central America...in a country with no extradition treaty.

JMO-

I wondered if they were going to move “people” out of the country. Maybe a false compartment built in the truck to smuggle DW out. DW knew LE would be after him.We know DW had spoken with an immigration attorney.
At the time of the murders when LE caught him, my very vivid imagination, thanks Mom, thought they were gonna roll down I-95 to I-20, go west , then south, and cross in Mexico somewhere.

Then DW meet up with a relative or childhood friend, with fake IDs and disappear into Central America...in a country with no extradition treaty.

JMO-

Great thinking!

DW signed the retainer agreement and paid the $1,100 cash before he knew they had his DNA and there was a warrant out for him!

Now he knows he's trapped and going to prison.

It's like "Occam's Razer" that they were taking him somewhere to hide. Mexico would be ideal as you say.

They certainly had the cash to buy fake i.d.s.

Paul Wagner‏Verified account @Fox5Wagner
DC Fire Lt. Cory Geotz testifying in #Mansionmurders trial said he was trying to knock fire down on 2nd floor when he felt around the room he was in and discovered the body of Phillip Savopoulos. Outside he saw bloody bodies on the lawn. He thought there had been an explosion.

DnaTv-UU0AEIMaK.jpg

3:46 PM - 18 Sep 2018

Great thinking!

DW signed the retainer agreement and paid the $1,100 cash before he knew they had his DNA and there was a warrant out for him!

Now he knows he's trapped and going to prison.

It's like "Occam's Razer" that they were taking him somewhere to hide. Mexico would be ideal as you say.

They certainly had the cash to buy fake i.d.s.
Woa -- don't forget DW was no choir boy. He was already on his way out of USA before he allegedly committed this horrific crime. Have to look back but I believe there was a mixed up/missed deportation order long before May 13. MOO

Does anyone else find it strange that the origin of fire started in a room which only had one victim? Why didn't Wint start it in the room that held three of his victims?

Oh has anyone testified about the baseball bat that was to have been found with blood on it? Do we know if it was comingled DNA of multiple victims or a sole victim? Also do we know yet where it was found in the home?

Does anyone know when the ME..is expected to testify? I suppose after that testimony the forensic experts will testify afterwards.

Tia..
I believe I read there was accelerant on the 3 decedents. Will look for this.
PS on a mattress maybe? I read it was burning into the floor...
Maybe others not on a flammable surface?

How did DW know there was gas there? Or did he bring the gas? Has that - gas- ever determined.

From what I have read SS phoned and told his sister DM- AIW controller- he needed 35-50k for construction equipment auction. Call would have been Wed. night.
I think the ebay auction is unrelated; the ebay account was included in JW scope of work/responsibilities. JMO

I do not believe JW is involved with DW. SS was the golden goose who had given him a great golden opportunity.

Do you think DW demanded say 1M or 500k and SS told DW that would be impossible to get in cash on short notice due to today’s banking regulations?
Maybe DW thought SS had a safe with 2M in cash in the house?

If SS told DW that...hard to get large amounts of “cash money” in 30 minutes from a bank, telling DW the truth about banking and cash...he may have sealed the S family fate.
Did DW even have a bank account?

JMO-MOO

I think Savvas told him if he got a very large amount of cash it would raise suspicions immediately alerting them something was wrong because a ridicously amount of cash wouldn't be normally done by him.

I worked for a millionaire for 20 years. He may have withdrawn several thousands in cash at one time but never like 50K or more. Even when he went to equipment auctions he either had a certified check or had a notarized letter from the president of one of the banks he dealt with.

Imo

Tia..
I believe DW would have started fire in room with little Philip to retain control of the group. Little Phil was his pawn, and only way DW could single handed control all others. I believe Vera was still alive when first responders arrived so I believe the 3 adults were attacked last. JMO

Tia..
I have a feeling that Philip was still alive when the fire started, while the adults had been injured enough that they were deceased or DW thought they were deceased. (IIRC, one adult was still alive, though barely, when found???) So I think the fire was set on the bed where Philip was as the murder weapon to kill Philip. I think Philip was injured before the fire as well, but not fatally.

Total speculation on my part.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members