DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I read there was accelerant on the 3 decedents. Will look for this.
PS on a mattress maybe? I read it was burning into the floor...
Maybe others not on a flammable surface?

How did DW know there was gas there? Or did he bring the gas? Has that - gas- ever determined.
Thank you. Do you know if the ME could tell if Philip was alive when the fire engulfed him? Tia

I have a feeling that Philip was still alive when the fire started, while the adults had been injured enough that they were deceased or DW thought they were deceased. (IIRC, one adult was still alive, though barely, when found???) So I think the fire was set on the bed where Philip was as the murder weapon to kill Philip. I think Philip was injured before the fire as well, but not fatally.

Total speculation on my part.

jmo

Even the thought of Philip being burned alive literally makes my heart skip a beat but i am afraid you may be right.

Last edited:
I believe I read there was accelerant on the 3 decedents. Will look for this.
PS on a mattress maybe? I read it was burning into the floor...
Maybe others not on a flammable surface?

How did DW know there was gas there? Or did he bring the gas? Has that - gas- ever determined.
I've been thinking about the gas accelerant today - wondering if that was planned or improvised. At the moment, I'm thinking improvised but I'm not firm in that opinion.

Was there something about a gas can being found in the getaway car?

jmo

I get it being alot but why lie? This, I don't understand.
From what I understand, JW was with police for 4 hours, and within that time he told a lie and corrected himself before it was over. I also don't believe he was aware that the family had perished in the house, and afraid he was going to lose his job. He was embarrassed he'd texted the money pic to his GF, and didn't want to upset his boss. Also, I do think JW was devastated by this ordeal. Certainly he could have cashed out, gone on TV circuit with Nellie, but never did. (And I'm not dissing Nellie, and glad she provided a glance for all of us to see-- actually, the only glance inside). MOO

I've been thinking about the gas accelerant today - wondering if that was planned or improvised. At the moment, I'm thinking improvised but I'm not firm in that opinion.

jmo
I thought it was a bucket..
JMO

So many baffling details that I hope will be addressed:
* What was up with the box truck and all the people traveling together with the cash?
* What about the sighting of Amy's blue car speeding around?
* Did ANYONE think something strange was going on in the house? Anyone??
* If DW was spotted entering the garage by the neighbor while the ordeal was going on, does that mean he left his victims alone for awhile? Or does it mean there were more than one perp at the house?
* JW received the info from American Iron Works and then raced to the house. How did American Iron Works know the house was on fire? Who alerted the company and when?

There are more questions, but those are the questions off the top of my head right now.

jmo

A gas can or accelerant was listed in the items attached to the Search Warrant and Affidavit.

I have to look for it but I remember it was on the list, along with gloves, cell phones, bank wrappers, etc.

@oceanblueeyes

On bottom of page 7- top of page 8 of the Preliminary Hearing

Detective Owens confirmed SS and VF were strangled as well as having blunt force and sharp force trauma.

From what I understand, JW was with police for 4 hours, and within that time he told a lie and corrected himself before it was over. I also don't believe he was aware that the family had perished in the house, and afraid he was going to lose his job. He was embarrassed he'd texted the money pic to his GF, and didn't want to upset his boss. Also, I do think JW was devastated by this ordeal. Certainly he could have cashed out, gone on TV circuit with Nellie, but never did. (And I'm not dissing Nellie, and glad she provided a glance for all of us to see-- actually, the only glance inside). MOO
Yes, this is how I see it as well.

jmo

A gas can or accelerant was listed in the items attached to the Search Warrant and Affidavit.

I have to look for it but I remember it was on the list, along with gloves, cell phones, bank wrappers, etc.

It's in the list... scroll down past the Affidavit in document (below)

container that can be used to store gas or accelerant

Return After Search of Ford

Last edited:
So many baffling details that I hope will be addressed:
* What was up with the box truck and all the people traveling together with the cash?
* What about the sighting of Amy's blue car speeding around?
* Did ANYONE think something strange was going on in the house? Anyone??
* If DW was spotted entering the garage by the neighbor while the ordeal was going on, does that mean he left his victims alone for awhile? Or does it mean there were more than one perp at the house?
* JW received the info from American Iron Works and then raced to the house. How did American Iron Works know the house was on fire? Who alerted the company and when?

There are more questions, but those are the questions off the top of my head right now.

Since SS had multiple businesses at the Chantilly Road address where AIW is located, I assume SS had Security Company notify AIW HQ if fire or other problem at the house. Standard procedure for business people who travel frequently.
I assume whoever at AIW received the alarm called SS, JW and down the line.

JMO.

Was it supposedly after torching Porsche the suspect was caught on video running away? If so, why not toss bucket on that fire/in the car? Why run with it? I wonder if we will ever know what was in that bucket?!
If the person running from the torched porsche was one of the Wint brothers, perhaps he had petrol in the bucket, and was actually running to torch the blue van next. Weren't they each located nearby?

After Wallace started a sentence, “Savvas’ house had been set on fire” during police interview, detective asked why he’d say that & Wallace got defensive & emotional. “Do you think the house was set on fire?” “I don’t know. I have no clue. I didn’t mean to say that.” #savopoulos
Megan Cloherty on Twitter

Both noticed an African-American man, medium build and height, walking along the sidewalk toward the driveway. He had shoulder-length dreadlocks, wore a white T-shirt and dark jeans, possibly a skullcap, and had a string bag on his back. The witnesses said the man strode purposefully toward the right garage door, then the door seemed to open halfway for him. He crouched under, went inside and the door closed.
Mansion Murders: 2 witnesses testify they saw man resembling Daron Wint go into garage

Was the box truck in the DW caravan a Budget rental?
TIA
Here you go, it was an "Amerit Mobile Service Center".
DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member