DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking for myself I don't have a theory as to why, but I just really have a hard time believing DW orchestrated this let alone was the sole actor in it. It seems like something that took tons of planning and detail - like what you'd expect of say a jewel thief type criminal - not someone with anger issues and who was poor.

Thank you! I wish we could get a Criminal Profiler in here for a professional opinion! I've been saying this all along- a guy doesn't go from impulsive drunken knife swinger to criminal mastermind over night.

I believe there are many more details we have yet to learn about Savvas' personal life, friends, family, associates, etc.. details which have been withheld, as to not compromise the case. A high profile case like this isn't going to be fully disclosed to the public.

I think this case will layout what really happened and by whom. Rarely are all questions answered nor are they required to be.
Are you saying we should be ignorant and not ask questions?

To this day I haven't seen any factual evidence he had help or facts showing this was a hit man style murder. No hit man that I am aware of uses this MO. If it had been a hit once receiving the 40k he would have shot them all in the head execution style and left.

If you're saying you know hit men and they think it's not a hit, then fine, I'll take it from them. (I don't think you know hit men haha. But I suppose you never know..)
Let's get an expert's opinion! I know a guy. lol (Pawnstars reference.)

Last edited:
Are you saying we should be ignorant and not ask questions?

If you're saying you know hit men and they think it's not a hit, then fine, I'll take it from them. (I don't think you know hit men haha. But I suppose you never know..)
Let's get an expert's opinion! I know a guy. lol (Pawnstars reference.)

Of course not. I didn't say anyone is ignorant nor would I ever say such a thing either so I dont have a clue what you are even talking about.

You are entitled to believe anything you want to believe....just like I have the same entitled right to my own opinion and beliefs.

Of course I don't know any hit men personally. I don't know any criminals personally for that matter but I having been reading about murder cases for decades and never have I seen a hit man have this MO. Hit men cases pretty much have very similar patterns.

Perhaps you have read of such documented alike cases involving hit men who carried out the hit the same way these 4 were held against their will...tortured and then murdered on the second day. If so...i would definitely be interested in reading all about them. This of course would have to be cases were the evidence supported the hit man evidence in a trial which aligns with this case in same like patterns and methods.

However I have seen many cases involving multiple victims who were murdered for greed/ revenge by one sole perpetrator.

Have a nice weekend Patrick.

Last edited:
Speaking for myself I don't have a theory as to why, but I just really have a hard time believing DW orchestrated this let alone was the sole actor in it. It seems like something that took tons of planning and detail - like what you'd expect of say a jewel thief type criminal - not someone with anger issues and who was poor. I absolutely think DW is guilty of Felony Murder at a minimum, but I think there are others out there and that they are more guilty than him with him being more of a hired hand to the ultimate person in charge who may never have actually been at the house. I would think if DW did orchestrate this and was plotting out things like casing a joint, cutting telephone wires, disabling and destroying the security system, etc. and had never been caught for such activities previously, that DW would have considerable more wealth from prior successful burglaries as whoever was running this it wasn't their first rodeo in doing something like this.

Of course not. I didn't say anyone is ignorant nor would I ever say such a thing either so I dont have a clue what you are even talking about.

You are entitled to believe anything you want to believe....just like I have the same entitled right to my own opinion and beliefs.

Of course I don't know any hit men personally. I don't know any criminals personally for that matter but I having been reading about murder cases for decades and never have I seen a hit man have this MO. Hit men cases pretty much have very similar patterns.

Perhaps you have read of such documented alike cases involving hit men who carried out the hit the same way these 4 were held against their will...tortured and then murdered on the second day. If so...i would definitely be interested in reading all about them. This of course would have to be cases were the evidence supported the hit man evidence in a trial which aligns with this case in same like patterns and methods.

However I have seen many cases involving multiple victims who were murdered for greed/ revenge by one sole perpetrator.

I agree. I think this was a case of greed/revenge.

I doubt DW knows many millionaires, but he knew of the Savopoulos family business, and so he chose SS as his target. Also, I'm not giving him credit for his planning. His getting as far as he did was dumb luck and maybe some negligence by the alarm company. Cutting the phone lines and taking the laptop are tactics he could have picked up in a movie.

He really didn't plan that well. He only got $40K, because he seemingly didn't realize the family didn't keep large sums of cash in the house, and he most likely didn't understand the challenges of making large cash withdraws from the bank. I don't think he planned on having four captives--maybe two or even three, but not four. He ended up staying in the house for almost an entire day, leaving behind DNA evidence. He ordered Dominoes pizza when there surely had to have been plenty of food in the kitchen! He had SS contact the alarm company more than once. He failed at burning all the evidence and brought attention to the crime scene. He was seen by witnesses. He stole AS's bright blue(!) Porsche. And he got caught.

I doubt DW knows many millionaires, but he knew of the Savopoulos family business, and so he chose SS as his target. Also, I'm not giving him credit for his planning. His getting as far as he did was dumb luck and maybe some negligence by the alarm company. Cutting the phone lines and taking the laptop are tactics he could have picked up in a movie.

I cannot argue with that! Great points!

The only reason I'm not fully convinced is because that'd be some divine dumb luck from Lady Luck herself. I think it would take more than watching movies and luck for him to make it out of DC without getting caught.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. I wholeheartedly disagree with the notion that some questions don't need to be answered. In a case like this, every stone should be upturned.

(edit for grammar. I didn't know unturned wasn't a word. Oopsie :rolleyes:)

I having been reading about murder cases for decades and never have I seen a hit man have this MO. Hit men cases pretty much have very similar patterns.

This could be an outlier. Most hits are taken out on people for financial gains, like in the black market world or megabucks banking.
Or to prevent the dissemination of info which might be damaging to someone. Perhaps Savvas or Amy knew something they shouldn't? Or upset someone? I wish they could find their phones. If they were taken, there must be something of importance on them.

If it was Wint, why bother stealing the cell phones when he just got away with $40,000? If he was smart enough to get that far, he wouldn't have taken the risk of taking the phones with him. If he really got his training (lol) from movies, he would assume they're being tracked.

Hell, he could have left them in the fire and they would have been completely destroyed. It makes me believe there was something important on their phones. And the laptop too. Why not just leave it in the fire?

It was so hot the ceiling was collapsing by the time FD got there, no way the data would survive. If his only goal was killing and robbing them, I don't think Wint would take the risk of bringing the laptop with him. The most disturbing thought is that laptop could still be out there, and it might still contain video footage of what happened in the house..

@taylorss
Rural is Wytheville.

Suppose you had a beef with a former business partner-wouldn’t it be almost perfect to seek out someone to do your dirty work? Especially if that someone also had a history, a grudge with that same former business partner?
Quite convenient, especially if the former employee you hire isn’t an Ivy League grad and has an extensive, violent history...

Just exploring possibilities here at WS. I have read too many John Sanford novels...

Not saying DW isn’t guilty, it’ll be hard to ‘splain away the DNA evidence and witness statements.

And why did it take DW over a decade to seek his revenge? He seems like an “immediate revenge” kinda guy based on his criminal history.

40k was a pittance to the S family. And DW stole nothing to fence?

I am glad the judge allowed the photo showing the horror PS endured.

What are the main reasons people murder?

JMO-MOO

Yes, 40 k was a pittance to the S family, but it was quite a lot of cash for DW.

And it makes sense that DW wouldn't want to take any fenceable items from the house. Who wants to get caught pawning something from a house with 4 dead bodies inside?

It just seems to me that if there was a former businessss partner that hired DW, he'd have been thrown under the bus already, to try and get a better deal for himself.

Why would he blame it on his brothers instead of some rich guy who hired him?

Thank you! I wish we could get a Criminal Profiler in here for a professional opinion! I've been saying this all along- a guy doesn't go from impulsive drunken knife swinger to criminal mastermind over night.

I believe there are many more details we have yet to learn about Savvas' personal life, friends, family, associates, etc.. details which have been withheld, as to not compromise the case. A high profile case like this isn't going to be fully disclosed to the public.

Whose calling him a criminal mastermind? He ordered Dominoes and then left his DNA on the crusts.

He is just another violent criminal that carried out a sloppy home invasion and was eventually caught for being stupid as can be.

Whose calling him a criminal mastermind? He ordered Dominoes and then left his DNA on the crusts.

He is just another violent criminal that carried out a sloppy home invasion and was eventually caught for being stupid as can be.

Getting into the home was a feat on it's own. Getting out of DC would be impossible unless he had assistance. And I doubt he hatched this whole plan.

Getting into the home was a feat on it's own. Getting out of DC would be impossible unless he had assistance. And I doubt he hatched this whole plan.

Getting into the home would not be that difficult. People were coming and going in the afternoon. Home invaders get into homes quite easily when they can be there when someone is coming or going from the front door. You just grab them, put a knife to their throat, and make them open the door and walk back in. No big feat.

Getting out of DC---he took the porsche to a lot close to where he needed to go. From there he had multiple options. I don't see why it would be impossible to hail a cab or take a metro somewhere.

What was 'the whole plan'? He broke in, demanded cash, and waited until SS was able to get him some. SS was the one who helped him get rid of the video evidence and helped make sure no one was going to come and mess up the crime.

I think he did think up this whole mess himself. He wanted a lot of money. Tried to think of who he knew that had lots of money and he thought of his ex boss. He hated him, so he was happy to target him and the family. Look up his address, which we all did in 2 minutes back at that start of this case...end of planning.

Last edited:

Technically Amy ordered Dominos. Just because his DNA is on the crust doesn't mean he ate that piece. His brothers had plenty of opportunities to collect a sample of his saliva before the murders. While Daron was sleeping, spitting, smoking a cigarette, eating, etc..

He could just be saying he ate the slice because it sounds more plausible than him not being there at all.

Getting into the home would not be that difficult. People were coming and going in the afternoon. Home invaders get into homes quite easily when they can be there when someone is coming or going form the front door. You just grab them, put a knife to their throat, and make them open the door and walk back in. No big feat.

But the witnesses said Wint came in through the garage.

If it was as simple as
You just grab them, put a knife to their throat, and make them open the door and walk back in.
then why not do that?

And not to mention, he would risk detection by cutting the phone lines before entering. Sorry, your scenario makes zero sense with respect to the evidence we have.

There had to have been someone else inside who pushed the button for him. Or whoever was spotted running under the door.

Right, but it wasn't that hard, apparently.

That doesn't make up for the logical inconsistencies in the scenario you are presenting.

He cut the phone lines, ran all the way around the house to the garage and somehow by the grace of god the door just happened to be closing??

Technically Amy ordered Dominos. Just because his DNA is on the crust doesn't mean he ate that piece. His brothers had plenty of opportunities to collect a sample of his saliva before the murders. While Daron was sleeping, spitting, smoking a cigarette, eating, etc..

He could just be saying he ate the slice because it sounds more plausible than him not being there at all.

She ordered it, at knifepoint.

So who was the dreadheaded guy in the vest, that the 2 witnesses saw entering the garage?

He already ADMITTED to being there. Why would he admit to that if it wasn't true?

She ordered it, at knifepoint.
Do you have a source for that?

So who was the dreadheaded guy in the vest, that the 2 witnesses saw entering the garage?
Your guess is as good as mine! And actually, the witnesses said the door opened as he approached it and closed right after he got in. Who's the only other person with a remote to SS garage..? (Jordan Wallace)

He already ADMITTED to being there. Why would he admit to that if it wasn't true?
Because it sounds more plausible than him not being there at all. The jury will be more likely to believe him.

If it was as simple as
You just grab them, put a knife to their throat, and make them open the door and walk back in.
then why not do that?

And not to mention, he would risk detection by cutting the phone lines before entering. Sorry, your scenario makes zero sense with respect to the evidence we have.

There had to have been someone else inside who pushed the button for him. Or whoever was spotted running under the door.

That doesn't make up for the logical inconsistencies in the scenario you are presenting.

He cut the phone lines, ran all the way around the house to the garage and somehow by the grace of god the door just happened to be closing??

There may or may not have been someone helping him. He may have had help from one of his brothers. I wouldn't doubt it.

But he also may have done it himself. People pull off home invasions every day.

Maybe he cut off the phone lines, then someone came outside or into the garage to check on it, and thats when they were accosted?

maybe he cut the lines and then waited until Amy came back from walking the dogs? Who knows. I am sure we will get the details as the trial goes on.

Do you have a source for that?

Your guess is as good as mine! And actually, the witnesses said the door opened as he approached it and closed right after he got in. Who's the only other person with a remote to SS garage..? (Jordan Wallace)

Because it sounds more plausible than him not being there at all. The jury will be more likely to believe him.

That is speculation on my part, obviously. But how else do you think Amy could have ordered that pizza? You think he didn't have a knife to her or Phillip's throat when she was talking on that phone?

As to the garage door, I am sure there are other ways to get an opener. We had a rash of thefts in my neighborhood because thieves were slowly going down the streets, pushing the buttons on 'universal' garage door openers, looking for any that opened. Some will open up, it is hit and miss.

Maybe there was someone inside, letting him in the garage. Maybe he got an opener somehow? I am not sure. But I bet we will hear how it happened eventually.

So are you saying he wasn't there at all, but he is just telling the jury he was, which makes him liable for 4 murders, because he doesn't think the jury will believe him if he says he wasn't there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
420xtal