DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is speculation on my part, obviously. But how else do you think Amy could have ordered that pizza? You think he didn't have a knife to her or Phillip's throat when she was talking on that phone?

As to the garage door, I am sure there are other ways to get an opener. We had a rash of thefts in my neighborhood because thieves were slowly going down the streets, pushing the buttons on 'universal' garage door openers, looking for any that opened. Some will open up, it is hit and miss.

Maybe there was someone inside, letting him in the garage. Maybe he got an opener somehow? I am not sure. But I bet we will hear how it happened eventually.

So are you saying he wasn't there at all, but he is just telling the jury he was, which makes him liable for 4 murders, because he doesn't think the jury will believe him if he says he wasn't there?

They could have been cornered in a room. It might have been another woman. We don't have recordings of that phone call afaik.

I don't think Savvas would use a garage door opener that worked with universal remotes. He had a home security system, which leads me to believe his garage door opener was proprietary for security.

I'm not sure if he was there or not. I'm not 100% sure he's innocent. I'm about 85% sure he's innocent, and I'm stickin to my guns! And yes I believe if his DNA was staged at the scene, it might make more sense for him to just say he was there briefly but had no idea what had happened.

You drop sources of DNA everywhere. Hairs, sweat, dead skin, spit, etc.. His brothers had the means to collect plenty of samples to use. Personally, I don't trust DNA any more than I trust a witness testimony or fingerprints. Actually, I trust fingerprints a little more than DNA. Seems like it's harder to transfer a fingerprint than someone's spit or hairs.

I don't understand why you would be 85% sure he is innocent. He has a long and violent criminal history. Why wouldn't he be involved in this crime?

EXTENSIVE CRIMINAL HISTORY

According to court records, Wint has an extensive criminal history in Prince George's County. Previous incidents include domestic violence, assault and burglary.

In one incident in 2005, court documents show Wint stood out in front of his family's home and threatened to shoot both his father and stepmother. They filed a restraining order preventing him from any contact with them for one year, according to the documents obtained by The Washington Times.

Wint was convicted of assaulting one girlfriend in Maryland in 2009, and he pleaded guilty the next year to malicious destruction of property after he allegedly threatened to kill a woman and her infant daughter, breaking into her apartment, stealing a television and vandalizing her car.

"I'm going to come over there and kill you, your daughter and friends," Wint told that woman, according to the records. "The defendant advised he was good with a knife and could kill them easily and was not afraid of the police," a detective wrote.

Also in 2010, Wint was arrested carrying a 2-foot-long machete and a BB pistol outside the American Iron Works headquarters, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol.

Wint's criminal history also extends to New York State, where he has three assault convictions ...that date back to 2007 in Oswego, N.Y. Wint also has an outstanding arrest warrant for criminal contempt for violating an order of protection in a case that involved a former girlfriend dating back to 2008 in Oswego.

Who is Daron Dylon Wint? What we know about the quadruple murder suspect

What time was the money delivered?
10:10am?

Why did DW wait until 1 pm ish to set the place on fire ?
All times approximate - feel free to correct

10:10 money delivered

1 pm lawn sprinkler company calls Amy
1:20 house on fire

What was DW doing between money delivery and 1 pm??

Every minute he stayed in the house, after getting the money, was risky.
What is VF husband came back with police?
What is JW stopped by as he remembered something?
What is FEd Ex or UPS had to deliver a package for a signature?
What if a friend stopped by knowing AS was always at home on Thursday morning?
What is someone from dojo came by wondering where SS was??

Why did he stay in the house for 3 more hours??

And I do believe DW was there and is guilty of felony murder. I don’t believe he’s a criminal mastermind. Maybe a gangsta enforcer.

JMO-MOO

They could have been cornered in a room. It might have been another woman. We don't have recordings of that phone call afaik.

I don't think Savvas would use a garage door opener that worked with universal remotes. He had a home security system, which leads me to believe his garage door opener was proprietary for security.

I'm not sure if he was there or not. I'm not 100% sure he's innocent. I'm about 85% sure he's innocent, and I'm stickin to my guns! And yes I believe if his DNA was staged at the scene, it might make more sense for him to just say he was there briefly but had no idea what had happened.

You drop sources of DNA everywhere. Hairs, sweat, dead skin, spit, etc.. His brothers had the means to collect plenty of samples to use. Personally, I don't trust DNA any more than I trust a witness testimony or fingerprints. Actually, I trust fingerprints a little more than DNA. Seems like it's harder to transfer a fingerprint than someone's spit or hairs.

Morning Patrick.

So by your summation Wints DNA in various forms were dropping everywhere. Not sure why he would be sweating just eating a pizza but anyway...

If that is the case then plenty of DNA would certainly be left behind by his brothers if they were the ones in the home from entering to leaving would they not?

I really don't think his brothers are some brilliant mastermind forensic experts who were doing all of these horrid acts and then had the wherewithal afterward to plant DNA evidence. Was there any camera footage showing them in the area of the crime scene at the time like there has been for Wint?

Last edited:
Do we know if Wints brothers have an alibi and can prove they werent in the area at the time?

I haven't been able to read all of the PH ...was it mentioned there? Tia

So if DW attorney is blaming the murders on DW brothers and DW attorney doesn’t have proof, isn’t that slander?

JMO - MOO

Wonder why J. Wallace hasn't been implicated.

The Prosecution team found no evidence of JW being involved. They have had 3 years to investigate and found nothing.
Did you read the PH? It has excellent information.

And why would JW put his dreamy job in jeopardy? Driving fast cars, traveling with the S family to karting competitions...

Do you have some proof/evidence JW was involved?

JMO/MOI

The Prosecution team found no evidence of JW being involved. They have had 3 years to investigate and found nothing.
Did you read the PH? It has excellent information.

And why would JW put his dreamy job in jeopardy? Driving fast cars, traveling with the S family to karting competitions...

Do you have some proof/evidence JW was involved?

JMO/MOI
No I don't have proof except that he and the Wint brothers all knew each other and he was the go between for handling the money. It took 3 years just for the fact that Wint's brother has been implicated so that doesn't mean it won't come out eventually that JW was involved, as I feel he is.

No I don't have proof except that he and the Wint brothers all knew each other and he was the go between for handling the money. It took 3 years just for the fact that Wint's brother has been implicated so that doesn't mean it won't come out eventually that JW was involved, as I feel he is.

Is has not been proven JW and the Wint brothers knew each other. Please supply a link from MSM supporting your claim.

And it’s DWs defense attorney who said it was DarR Wint and SW, not the prosecution team. The prosecution has only implicated DW, not any of the other W brothers.

Just because people live near each other doesn’t mean they know each other. I don’t know the people who live in the house to the right of me and I’ve lived in this house since 2006.

If you have some hard evidence you should contact the prosecutor.

And you should add MOO or JMO to your statements so you or WS won’t get sued.

JMO-MOO

JW testified that he never met any of the Wints FWIW. Hopefully he knows better than to commit perjury by lying .... he does have legal counsel, per MSM. Altho his attorney was apparently too busy to be there for JW’s testimony, one hopes he found the time to advise JW against perjuring himself IMO.

So if DW attorney is blaming the murders on DW brothers and DW attorney doesn’t have proof, isn’t that slander?

JMO - MOO

Statements made in court can’t be the basis for slander / defamation claims.

But if DW attny wants to repeat those claims to the media outside the courtroom, he could get sued for them! Of course Darrell / Stefon Wint could only sue for slander based on claims that are untrue.

Makes me wish the local media would catch up with DW attny on his way into or out of court & see if he’s willing to restate those accusations! JMO

Who says he and the Wint brothers knew each other? Any links to assert that?

Also, JW was the 'go between' for picking up the money because Savas chose him. He could have chosen anyone. He could have had his business partner dropped it off. Or asked his sister to bring it by. He asked his driver to do it instead.

So I don't see how that implicates JW in any way. And the picture that he texted his girlfriend---that tells me he was not involved in the crime. He would never had done that if he was involved in stealing that cash, imo.

JMO - MOO

That's an interesting question. I have seen countless cases where the defense strategy was the same as this one. Its a commonly used defense. Imo no civil attorney is going to take a case where it's very likely the defendant will be in prison and penniless for the rest of their life.

It will be interesting to see how this is going to play out. If the brothers don't testify in the state case and they may not.. since evidently there isn't any evidence they were there with Wint when he actually invaded the home doing what he did to the 4 victims.

However the defense has the right to call them to testify even as hostile witnesses.

But after thinking about it more the state may call them to layout how contact was made after Wint had left the home and what transpired before they were found together later on.
Usually when a defendant wants to place blame on others they know beforehand the testimony of those same people is going to reveal damaging evidence against the defendant..

But we will see.

Last edited:
I forgot DarrellW & SW were possible witnesses!

Did anyone actually read they would testify, or was that speculation based on news that DW ‘family members’ would testify??

Read it for yourself:

1. Police Say They Are ‘Aware’ of a Connection Between Wallace & Wint
Jordan Wallace: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Yes, I did read it for myself. IT DID NOT SAY THEY KNEW EACH OTHER.

from your link:

ld journalist Nate Thayer they are “aware” of a connection between Wint and Wallace.

Thayer, who wrote an extensive profile of Wallace, first uncovered that Wallace and Wint once lived in the same Maryland apartment complex, which is also near where the Savopoulos family’s Porsche was abandoned and set on fire following the killings.

Public records show that Wallace’s father, Michael, lived in an apartment complex next to Wint for several years. It’s not clear if Jordan Wallace also lived in the apartment building.

There is nothing there that said that Wint and Wallace ever knew each other. My daughter has lived in the same apt. complex for 4 years. She knows the girl next door, somewhat. She does not know anyone else at all.

Yes, I did read it for myself. IT DID NOT SAY THEY KNEW EACH OTHER.

from your link:

ld journalist Nate Thayer they are “aware” of a connection between Wint and Wallace.

Thayer, who wrote an extensive profile of Wallace, first uncovered that Wallace and Wint once lived in the same Maryland apartment complex, which is also near where the Savopoulos family’s Porsche was abandoned and set on fire following the killings.

Public records show that Wallace’s father, Michael, lived in an apartment complex next to Wint for several years. It’s not clear if Jordan Wallace also lived in the apartment building.

There is nothing there that said that Wint and Wallace ever knew each other. My daughter has lived in the same apt. complex for 4 years. She knows the girl next door, somewhat. She does not know anyone else at all.

Is heavy.com considered MSM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member