DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC in the initial press 3 years ago, victims’ neighbors said there were random strangers in their neighborhood (incl vacuum cleaner sellers ?), they’d seen people watching the house, and DW himself was seen around multiple times. (In the local news podcast, DW sister claimed that DW & SS were friends and hung out periodically to explain DW recurring presence on victims’ street.)

I agree, that does sound like they were being watched IMO.

The left-behind valuables undermine theft motive. So they were methodically stalked and brutally murdered... why? Personal revenge? Evidence shows only minimal long-past contact between DW & SS.

It still doesn’t make sense but I guess the trial will bring out info to finally answer these questions.
I think he/they were after a huge amount of cash - and narrowed the focus to the task of getting cash. Other valuables weren't on on his mind - he was after cash. And I don't think he got as much as he thought he would get - so perhaps some of the extreme violence is from that.

(This is a case where I have to be dispassionate and distant or it's just too much.)

jmo

IIRC in the initial press 3 years ago, victims’ neighbors said there were random strangers in their neighborhood (incl vacuum cleaner sellers ?), they’d seen people watching the house, and DW himself was seen around multiple times. (In the local news podcast, DW sister claimed that DW & SS were friends and hung out periodically to explain DW recurring presence on victims’ street.)

The left-behind valuables undermine theft motive. So they were methodically stalked and brutally murdered... why? Personal revenge? Evidence shows only minimal long-past contact between DW & SS.

It still doesn’t make sense but I guess the trial will bring out info to finally answer these questions.

Who the hell goes door to door selling vacuum cleaners in 2015?! What?! That sounds extremely sus.

And have police ruled out any possibility of neighbors being involved? Sounds like they spend a lot of time looking out their windows..

And I totally agree with taylors, there's no way they would have left all the other valuables. The only possibility left now is someone with a grudge against the family paid the brothers to set Daron up, because they knew they couldn't get away with it without setting someone up to take the fall.

Why else would they leave behind so many valuables, if the primary motivation was greed/jealousy/resentment?

They only took what they did because they were getting paid to make it look like a botched robbery.

The other part of this that puzzles me is why did he/they stay in the house so long?

To me, every hour presents a closer time to being discovered. The risk of being caught!

Someone could have arrived at the door. A neighbor or friend or someone with something to be taken to the opening of the new martial arts studio the next day.

Someone could have brought something by to cheer up little Philip.

Last edited:
The other part of this that puzzles me is why did he/they stay in the house so long?

To me, every hour presents a closer time to being discovered.

Someone could have arrived at the door. A neighbor or friend or someone with something to be taken to the opening of the new martial arts studio the next day.

Exactly. There has to be a third party which funded/orchestrated this whole thing from A-Z. Clearly they were familiar with the home's security system. How?

The prosecution claims one day Daron Wint is a knife flailing psycho with no impulse control, and the next day he's a criminal mastermind? They can't make up their minds. No offense to Mr. Wint, but I don't think he's capable of pulling something like this off.

This whole situation sounds like a professionally funded operation.

To me, every hour presents a closer time to being discovered.

Someone could have brought something by to cheer up little Philip.
I think the perp was motivated to stay because he was waiting for arrangements to be made for the cash. He was expecting a huge amount of cash, I'm guessing - worth the wait. My hunch is that Savvas was working his contacts to get the money while hoping people were getting the hint that something was wrong, and perhaps he even stalled a bit, thinking red flags would eventually be noticed by people...but they went unnoticed.

It remains a mystery, for sure. The crime lasted so long. Maybe we'll get an explanation once the money information is covered at the trial.

jmopinion

This still leaves an ache in my heart.

The deep love inside that wonderful man (Mr. Figueroa) for his beautiful and kind wife , Veralicia, that prompted him to go to the residence. His gut feeling?

My heart goes out to him as well as the Savopoulos loved ones.

Yet, whomever was inside that house was watching and had the smoothest, well-thought out and convincing answers.

"May 14

9:30 a.m.— Figueroa’s husband goes to the Savopoulos home and knocks on the door. No one answers, though he feels that someone may be inside. He then gets a call from Savas Savopoulos saying Vera had been taken to the hospital. "

Timeline in D.C. Mansion Killings Case

Last edited:

The deep love inside that wonderful man (Mr. Figueroa) for his beautiful and kind wife that prompted him to go to the residence. His gut feeling?

Yet, whomever was inside that house was watching and had the smoothest, well-thought out and convincing answers.

"May 14

9:30 a.m.— Figueroa’s husband goes to the Savopoulos home and knocks on the door. No one answers, though he feels that someone may be inside. He then gets a call from Savas Savopoulos saying Vera had been taken to the hospital. "

What a horrendous thought. It makes my blood *advertiser censored***n boil.

Dear taylorss,

I remember the mention of sightings of vacuum cleaner sellers as well in some news articles from 2015. I will attempt to locate them but it always takes me awhile!

This will likely come out in the trial as well, if there is substance to these "sightings".

Last edited:

The deep love inside that wonderful man (Mr. Figueroa) for his beautiful and kind wife that prompted him to go to the residence. His gut feeling?

"May 14

This is the reason I would not make a good juror in this case.

My heart would get in the way. Genuine love and compassion always distracts me.

Normally that's a good thing but definitely not what the court wants in a juror.

Last edited:
Dear Oceanblueeyes and @Patrick Thomas ,

I respect and agree with both views.

It's just that I can't fathom these tortuous and evil killings without a deep and evil hatred towards the victims.

And yet, as
Oceanblueeyes stated, this type of horrific and torturous murders have occurred before, and to victims who were strangers.

Hi there my sweet beautiful Zen.

We will never understand the hatred shown by so many suspects in home invasion cases.

Is it hatred in general toward others for it certainly has happened before and most of these horrific cases were done by complete strangers to the victims.

How could these murderers do such sadistic acts against those they have never met? I have no answers and everytime it happens I cringe at the evilness done by others.

I know you remember the barbaric case in Georgia a couple years ago where a very fragile 83 year old petite woman had her home invaded. What hatred or threat could she have instilled in those who brutally took her life? Why did they have to beat her so badly causing multiple crushing fractures to her skull..hands and crushed her ribs just because she had no money they could take? Why the overkill? But they did not stop there and also doused her with gasoline and set her afire. Is it because they know they have full power and control over the lives of their victims and do what they do because they want to and know they can? Imo it seems it is a possibility because the brutality perpetrated against innocent victims in home invasions are often done.

Remember the case of home invasion where a pastors pregnant wife was beaten.. raped and murdered by total strangers?

We have had several cases discussed on WS of home invasions in recent years where the victims were wealthy like this family. It shows no one is immune no matter their social status. It's frightening to even think someone may be casing homes out who have sinister intentions. It could happen anywhere and it does.

Again..I have no answers but i know we have discussed many home invasion..murder cases on WS that were filled with the evil acts done by the prepetratos.

Is it due to hatred or is it sadistic traits of a sociopath/s rearing their head? IDK but imo evil is present in this case.

I agree with the prosecutor on the motives concerning this case. Iirc the DA believes the motive is greed to rob the family combined with resentment of being fired years ago when he worked at SSs.. company..

Imo he targeted this particular family who he knew was wealthy. By selecting this home/ and family he could also satisfy his revenge against the one who owned the company he was fired from.

I have read extensively about sociopaths. Most will never become murderers but they will do everything in their power to exact revenge. They have been known to carry grudges for years. Some will go to any length they feel necessary to "get even' ...even resorting to murder.

Imo in the end the evidence will show he is the one who murdered this family. The jurors know it's the evidence that always matters. That is why motives never have to be proven. Evidence is what the jury will weigh. If they believe it points to DWs guilt he will be convicted even if motive is unknown.

However I think the jury will agree with the motives the DA will put forward in the trial while supporting them with strong CE.

Jmo

Last edited:
Hi there my sweet beautiful Zen.

We will never understand the hatred shown by so many suspects in home invasion cases.

Is it hatred in general toward others for it certainly has happened before and most of these horrific cases were done by complete strangers to the victims.

How could these murderers do such sadistic acts against those they have never met? I have no answers and everytime it happens I cringe at the evilness done by others.

I know you remember the barbaric case in Georgia a couple years ago where a very fragile 83 year old petite woman had her home invaded. What hatred or threat could she have instilled in those who brutally took her life? Why did they have to beat her so badly causing multiple crushing fractures to her skull..hands and crushed her ribs just because she had no money they could take? Why the overkill? But they did not stop there and also doused her with gasoline and set her afire. Is it because they know they have full power and control over the lives of their victims and do what they do because they want to and know they can? Imo it seems it is a possibility because the brutality perpetrated against innocent victims in home invasions are often done.

Remember the case of home invasion where a pastors pregnant wife was beaten.. raped and murdered by total strangers?

WE have had several cases of home invasions in recent years where the victims were wealthy like this family. It shows no one is immune no matter their social status. It's frightening to even think someone may be casing homes out who have sinister intentions. It could happen anywhere and it does.

Again..I have no answers but i know we have discussed many home invasion..murder cases on WS that were filled with the evil acts done by the prepetratos.

Is it due to hatred or is it sadistic traits of a sociopath/s rearing their head? IDK but imo evil is present in this case.

I agree with the prosecutor on the motives concerning this case. Iirc the DA believes the motive is greed to rob the family combined with resentment of being fired years ago when he worked at SSs.. company..

Imo he targeted this particular family who he knew was wealthy. By selecting this home/ and family he could also satisfy his revenge against the one who owned the company he was fired from.

I have read extensively about sociopaths. Most will never become murderers but they will do everything in their power to exact revenge. They have been known to carry grudges for years. Some will go to any length they feel necessary to "get even' ...even resorting to murder.

Imo in the end the evidence will show he is the one who murdered this family. The jurors know it's the evidence that always matters. That is why motives never have to be proven. Evidence is what the jury will weigh. If they believe it points to DWs guilt he will be convicted even if motive is unknown.

However I think the jury will agree with the motives the DA will put forward in the trial while supporting them with strong CE.

Jmo

Dear Oceanblueeyes,

There has never been a post like yours, just now, that speaks to the definitive horror of these cases.

I absolutely agree with every single word you have written.

Yes, I remember those heartbreaking and horrid cases. Horrid beyond anything a human being could be capable of. And yet they did these evil acts.

They all, including this one, have one element in common. The perpetrators reached for something greater and far worse than hatred or revenge.

They reached for "evil".

This is my opinion

Last edited:
....the security company missed this red flag. And the intruders obviously hadn't done their research about the security cameras around the home.

Late on the evening of the May 13 -- during the time prosecutors said the family was being held hostage - Savvas called Pellak with questions about how the security system worked. He wanted to know if video from the cameras outside the home were stored in the cloud.

They weren't, Pellak said. Savvas also wanted to know what caused the cameras to turn on. "Savvas - I believe your camera records on motion," Pellak texted him later.

Pellak said the call seemed strange, because he said he had already told Savvas about how the security system worked.
The two men spoke again on the morning of May 14. Savvas again asked about where video footage was stored.

Prosecutors have said the surveillance video stored on the laptop in the home was taken and has never been recovered.
by WTOP 2:08 PM

Last edited:
Paul Wagner‏Verified account @Fox5Wagner
Nelly Gutierrez also told the court she got a text message from Amy Savopoulos the morning of the 14th-day of murders. It said “making sure you do not come today”. She also told the court Savas left voice message night before. She broke down in tears as it was played in court.

Dm_dkp3X4AAQq6-.jpg

10:38 AM - 13 Sep 2018

The jury in the #Mansionmurders trial heard from Nelly Gutierrez ( in white dress) today. She was 1 of 2 house keepers working for the family. She was with Savas on the 13th when he got a call from Amy. Savas told Nelly Amy had plans and he had to go home and stay with Phillip.

Wagner‏Verified account @Fox5Wagner
Jury in #Mansionmurders trial saw emails between Amy and 1 of her 2 daughters the morning before she was taken hostage showing life was very normal. The two discussed an upcoming prom & Amy offered advice. Also, friend testified seeing Amy on street--okay--at 3:25PM that day

Dm7PvXmWsAAQpBJ.jpg

3:03 PM - 12 Sep 2018

The jury in the #Mansionmurders trial today saw 2 contrasting videos. One showing Amy Savopoulos and her son Phillip on walking into doctors office just hours before they were taken hostage. Another showed the charred remains of the bed Phillip's body was found in.

I respect your opinion. But your statement about no one would do this for a robbery is sadly just not factual.

Other home invasions leading to multiple murders also have been tortured. Some were raped..even small children before the robber/s murdered all of them.

Other home invasion victims have also gone through their own hell..before being murdered. Most had no links to the home invaders at all and were complete strangers.

I do believe the motive was two fold. Robbery and hatred of SS...because he had been fired from his company even though he had no involvement in his firing. It was DWs supervisor.

This will not be the only case like this when it comes to vicious sadistic home invaders.

They have been known to do the most horrid things to their victims. DW is not an anomaly unfortunately. He knew the father probably by recognition since he was once employed there.

But most who have done home invasions were strangers to the victims yet they have been tortured..raped and they have even set them afire while alive.

Jmo
Sadly reminiscent of the Cheshire, Connecticut, home invasion murders :(

....the security company missed this red flag. And the intruders obviously hadn't done their research about the security cameras around the home.

Late on the evening of the May 13 -- during the time prosecutors said the family was being held hostage - Savvas called Pellak with questions about how the security system worked. He wanted to know if video from the cameras outside the home were stored in the cloud.

They weren't, Pellak said. Savvas also wanted to know what caused the cameras to turn on. "Savvas - I believe your camera records on motion," Pellak texted him later.

Pellak said the call seemed strange, because he said he had already told Savvas about how the security system worked.
The two men spoke again on the morning of May 14. Savvas again asked about where video footage was stored.

Prosecutors have said the surveillance video stored on the laptop in the home was taken and has never been recovered.
by WTOP 2:08 PM
It was hardly the perfect storm for Savvas! Seems he tried many times to alert that things were not right with him and his household, and was unable to get the message across. I'm so sad for those that lived to realize the clues, only after it was too late. Prayers for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist