GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to ask you if you would be there, can't wait to hear your take!!!!

I’m here but not many people around right now. Has anyone heard what time they’re starting up again?

Ugh 2:15. I got here too early. I also forgot my work phone so it’s going to be a short report from me today.

Last edited:
did you all see this post tweet from Paul Wagner
New-Prosecutor in #Mansionmurders case reveals out of jury’s ear shot that Darrell Wint “has been cooperative and willing to testify...he has not asked for immunity...he hid nothing”. Daron Wint threw his 1/2 brother under the bus - claiming Darrell behind the vicious crime.

did you all see this post tweet from Paul Wagner
New-Prosecutor in #Mansionmurders case reveals out of jury’s ear shot that Darrell Wint “has been cooperative and willing to testify...he has not asked for immunity...he hid nothing”. Daron Wint threw his 1/2 brother under the bus - claiming Darrell behind the vicious crime.
Somebody better remind Darrell that acting to get the caravan girls to help exchange DW's ill gotten cash for money orders is likely punishable! Just sayin...MOO

From Melanie Alnwick’s Mansion Murders
Fox 5DC FB group

“A couple of questions answered today in the #MansionMurders trial.

One, why didn’t Daron’s brother Darrell testify to the grand jury?
This revelation came out of earshot of the jury, when attorneys for the prosecution and the defense were arguing over language regarding how Darrell’s phone had been searched.

Assistant US Attorney Laura Bach said of Darrell: “he has been cooperative, he has been willing to provide testimony, he didn’t ask for immunity. WE decided not to have him testify to the grand jury. He hid nothing.”

The story about a housekeeper who saw a man watching the Savopoulos house was also clarified.

Turns out it was a woman who worked on Garfield Street NW. She testified that she saw a man who she was afraid of, two days before the murders.

Maria DaSilva spotted him around 5:15 pm on Garfield Street, near the intersection with Cleveland Ave and 32nd NW.

“He was pacing back and forth,” she told defense attorney Jeffrey Stein. “He was spitting on the ground, I had a great deal of fear.”

DaSilva said she saw him go around some bushes, then back into Cleveland Avenue and turn up 32nd - which is a short walk from the Savopoulos’ home at 32nd and Woodland.

She told the defense that she didn’t see the man’s face, and that he was wearing a baseball cap. He did not have long hair, or any hair that could’ve been tucked under cap, she thought - because she “saw him very well from behind.” She told the defense the man she saw was not Daron Wint - but that when her employer showed her the news reports of a suspect captured on surveillance video fleeing the scene of the burning Porsche, DaSilva thought that “could” have been the odd man she saw days earlier.

She admitted on cross-examination that the man could have been on drugs, based on his behavior, and that she never saw the face of either man.

Fox 5 DC”

It's possible that the sword was found in another area of the home. I understand that PS room was engulfed in the fire, but the other rooms including where other victims located only sustained smoke damage. A sharp instrument was definitely used on Phil as his had a deep laceration across his waist.

Pretty sure IRC they said on the podcast a couple weeks ago that the sword was found on top of the toilet (not in, but laid out across) in the bathroom between the two bedrooms where the victims were.

Pretty sure IRC they said on the podcast a couple weeks ago that the sword was found on top of the toilet (not in, but laid out across) in the bathroom between the two bedrooms where the victims were.
. . . sword resting on the toilet seat . . .
. . . discovered the sword in a pile of debris. . .
Mansion Murders: Jury showed video of Amy Savopoulos' Porsche on fire

UPDATED: SEP 24 2018 04:03PM EDT
Ofc. Adrian Lancaster slid out a large samurai sword and held it up for the jury to see. The sword had a black braided leather wrapped handle and a long blade that curved nearly 3 feet to the tip. It appeared brownish, almost rusty.

Lancaster testified that it was recovered from a second-floor bathroom that connects to the bedroom where the body of 10-year-old Philip Savopoulos was found. A photo from the bathroom showed the sword resting on the toilet seat, its handle almost inside the toilet bowl.

Earlier in the trial, Det. Mike Pavero testified that he discovered the sword in a pile of debris, picked it up with a gloved hand and nearly cut himself.

Somebody better remind Darrell that acting to get the caravan girls to help exchange DW's ill gotten cash for money orders is likely punishable! Just sayin...MOO

I'm not sure it would be. Wasn't Wint telling others at the time he had won a lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member